Lost sex drive?

Options

Replies

• Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm married with two kids. Been married for 5 years. Kids are 1 & 3. I haven't had a sex drive in... Over 6 months? All I want is to want sex again. And don't get me wrong, when I do have sex, it's good stuff. I just can't remember the last time I felt like I had to have it.
    I'm hoping that eating better /working out will help, but I've not heard anyone mention that as a bonus side effect. I've not gained a lot of weight (currently 135), not super stressed... I don't get it.
    Has anyone noticed a boost in that department??

(wasn't too sure which thread would be best for this, so I chose the most open - minded one)

I've noticed after every time I train legs I'm really horny after. So I train them twice, sometimes three times a week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I've been married going on 11 years. We've had many ebbs and flows in regards to our sex life during this time. A lot of just comes with the territory I think...especially where young kids are involved. Mine are 6 and almost 4 and there were a few years in there where it definitely took a back seat to just trying to get some sleep when we could.

Both my wife and I have gone through a health transformation and working out regularly has helped our sex drive...but also just making time for each other. It's easy to get caught up in the juggling act of family life, career, etc. A couple of years ago we really made it a point to just have "us" time...take the kids to grandmas or get a baby sitter and just go out for a nice dinner or get a room for a night or two at one of the nearby resorts, etc...doing these kinds of things has really upped our sex drive...we're really "flowing" as of late.
  • buthoflamb6
    buthoflamb6 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm married with two kids. Been married for 5 years. Kids are 1 & 3. I haven't had a sex drive in... Over 6 months? All I want is to want sex again. And don't get me wrong, when I do have sex, it's good stuff. I just can't remember the last time I felt like I had to have it.
    I'm hoping that eating better /working out will help, but I've not heard anyone mention that as a bonus side effect. I've not gained a lot of weight (currently 135), not super stressed... I don't get it.
    Has anyone noticed a boost in that department??

(wasn't too sure which thread would be best for this, so I chose the most open - minded one)

Losing weight, eating healthy, living healthy. All increased my sex drive. Even my wife who is a bigger beautiful lady has an increase when she worksout more.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    You know, it gets better. When my kids were small, I absolutely lost my sex drive, mostly because I was so very exhausted ALL OF THE TIME. It's super hard to feel in the mood or even sexy, when you have little people pulling on you all day. And let's be honest - they are our LIVES. I say that mine are the loves of my life, and they are. Giving anything else to your husband/SO just seems like the most incredible, daunting effort.

My kids are now 25, 22 and 18 and my sex drive and my sex life (with my flat out amazing husband) is INCREDIBLE. I do not however mean to say that it will take 20 years until you feel like getting it on again LOL It tends to come back when you are well rested and have a bit more time. Hang in there. It's coming back :)

my kids are 23 and almost 21 and nothing works for me. I even lost a good bit of weight and look better and still nothing. so what works for some doesnt work for others and some hit their peaks at different times too.I have nothing but time and get enough sleep most of the time. Im just a sad case lol
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    My highest weight was around 180-great libido, when I started losing weight it got even better.

When I got down to 128 lbs and was trying to get lean AF, lifting heavy weights and eating LOW fat...I lost my libido completely. I mean I felt horrible. I felt like less of a woman. The combination of training, freaking out about dieting, and low fat intake just killed my libido. I do recommend that women consider their training. stress levels, and macronutrient intake when this happens.

Kind of a relief to hear I'm not the only one who's felt this. My macros/fat intake are fine, but the combination of a (very small!) calorie deficit and training hard saps my energy. The last thing my body wants is sex. It's terrible feeling like I'm putting in so much work to be sexy and then not enjoy the sexy part of it! Especially since you constantly hear that working out is supposed to boost your libido... Not the experience I've had.
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds and my sex drive is pretty high. >:)
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    :lol: I'm horny fat, I'm horny thin, I'm horny just as much now as in my teens & twenties. I think it all boils down to individual sex drive.

Talking to my girlfriends some go weeks or months and they and their spouses seem happy and content. I do agree with others, I assume some couples become complacent and it becomes the new normal for them.

But when two horn dogs get married...it makes for 25 years of fun! Just saying! ;)
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Your kids are really young and sometimes it's just hard going from mom-mode to sexy-mode. Add in fatigue, busy schedule, not feeling your best weight-wise and it's really easy to lose your sex drive.

But I agree with folks here - as you work out and lose weight and get more of those moments where you catch yourself in the mirror and think, "Wow, I'm hot!" things will likely shift.

You may want to try an herb called Maca - it's south American I believe and it definitely increases sex drive in my experience.
  • pvju
    Options
    well Im 41(42 in aug) and have been working out for almost 4 years and that hasnt helped me at all! I have lost 44 lbs and look better than I did and again nothing. no drive at all.Dont know when I lost mine but all my hormones are where they are supposed to be and its not the birth control I dont think because its the same kind I was on before I lost it.I cant go off them due to fibroids and heavy periods.we have tried lots of things to spice it up and nada. so for some of us women sometimes you lose your drive and nothing will bring it back. I also hate talking to drs about it because the first thing they ask me is if Im depressed and NO,Im not. They say most women hit their peak in their 40s,well this woman hasnt. Um glad my hubby understands it though and we talk about it,its not easy though

A little testosterone supplementation can do wonders - though I know that's not for everyone. There's also an herb I've used called Maca and it definitely had an effect on my drive.
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    jajomo0118 wrote: »
    :lol: I'm horny fat, I'm horny thin, I'm horny just as much now as in my teens & twenties. I think it all boils down to individual sex drive.

Talking to my girlfriends some go weeks or months and they and their spouses seem happy and content. I do agree with others, I assume some couples become complacent and it becomes the new normal for them.

But when two horn dogs get married...it makes for 25 years of fun! Just saying! ;)
    Do you believe this is the truth? :p

What truth is that? That I am a horny old fart? Or that it boils down to individual sex drive? :lol:
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    pvju wrote: »
    well Im 41(42 in aug) and have been working out for almost 4 years and that hasnt helped me at all! I have lost 44 lbs and look better than I did and again nothing. no drive at all.Dont know when I lost mine but all my hormones are where they are supposed to be and its not the birth control I dont think because its the same kind I was on before I lost it.I cant go off them due to fibroids and heavy periods.we have tried lots of things to spice it up and nada. so for some of us women sometimes you lose your drive and nothing will bring it back. I also hate talking to drs about it because the first thing they ask me is if Im depressed and NO,Im not. They say most women hit their peak in their 40s,well this woman hasnt. Um glad my hubby understands it though and we talk about it,its not easy though

A little testosterone supplementation can do wonders - though I know that's not for everyone. There's also an herb I've used called Maca and it definitely had an effect on my drive.

not going to mess around with hormones when my levels are in the normal range. not a good thing to do IMO. as for the maca there is not enough medical and scientific evidence that supports it works for that reason. maybe its a placebo effect? thanks for trying to help though. I do appreciate it
  • pvju
    Options
    pvju wrote: »

not going to mess around with hormones when my levels are in the normal range. not a good thing to do IMO. as for the maca there is not enough medical and scientific evidence that supports it works for that reason. maybe its a placebo effect? thanks for trying to help though. I do appreciate it

Of course. Not pushing - just saying what has worked for me ;)

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Women get all kinds of gentle advice and tips about low libido. Men just get laughed at. You may now laugh.
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :D
    Break_You wrote: »
    When I feel like I'm losing grip on my sex drive, I just put in some 2 Live Crew :smirk:

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Having kids ages 1-3 was a libido killer for me, no matter what weight I was at, no matter what I was eating. It's an exhausting time and life isn't all that sexy in general.

It gets better.

Exactly. We had sex MUCH less frequently, but when it happened we really needed it. As the kids have gotten older we got more time back for sex and such. Working out has REALLY increased my drive which was already active. Will say, practicing self love can help keep your body active and take the edge off between times you can be together.

And it is natural and normal for sex drive to ean and crest.
  • MicahPsencik
    MicahPsencik Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    jajomo0118 wrote: »

I bet...i need to find my horn dog in life
  • Ryanlee78
    Ryanlee78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think exercise and diet play a huge role in this department, since getting in better shape mine has increased dramatically