123457»

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again:

NONE of us are living in that house. Everyone is forming an opinion based on this one post. As someone else pointed out we don't know if her lying is an on-going thing. We don't know if he's abusive but everyone is assuming he is based on this one instance that we weren't even there to witness! The OP even stated that he was helping her to lose weight which stands to reason why he would be obviously disappointed that she not only gained but lied about it.

I'm sure any one of us could come up with a story about their SO of something that they did, post that small incident here and get the same responses: leave him! You're better than that blah blah blah blah blah without knowing everything about the relationship. Heck I could come up with half a dozen things just this morning that my husband has done or said to me that would be taken completely out of context.

So yeah, go ahead and tell her to leave him, that she's better of without him without having any back ground information into the whole relationship.

Careful. They'll throw you into the apologist and enabler category with posts like this.

Let 'em. IDGAF.

I love how people judge situations without even knowing everything that's going on. I had a "well meaning" girl come up and give me a hug in a bar and tell me she thought my husband was "being a complete and total jerk" because he "wasn't paying attention to me" when in reality he was having a meeting with someone and I was sitting there listening in. Never mind the fact that she wasn't there the two hours before said meeting took place when the two of us were having dinner and having fun with friends.

If you don't know the entire situation then keep your 'well meaning' comments to yourself. Like I said I could come up with half a dozen things my husband has said to me that would be taken 100% out of context without giving any sort of back ground as to where it came from.

(ETA: This was obviously NOT directed at you @jofjltncb6)

Just out of curiosity, you are aware how discussion forums work? A poster requesting feedback from the interwebs is not the same as some random giving you a hug. What did you expect here, she'd make a post and no one would say anything because they don't know the whole story? That's some weird *kitten*

True, but we should all call out Jof because how dare he possibly consider another side of the story.

Jof, you should know you are wrong. Please to sit in the corner and wallow in your wrongness. When you realize what you have done, perhaps we can discuss you leaving the corner.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    This is the OP's original post when she started MFP... Looking at it now in comparison to this post, my opinion is that they are both unhealthy mentally...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/35565750#Comment_35565750
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

NONE of us are living in that house. Everyone is forming an opinion based on this one post. As someone else pointed out we don't know if her lying is an on-going thing. We don't know if he's abusive but everyone is assuming he is based on this one instance that we weren't even there to witness! The OP even stated that he was helping her to lose weight which stands to reason why he would be obviously disappointed that she not only gained but lied about it.

I'm sure any one of us could come up with a story about their SO of something that they did, post that small incident here and get the same responses: leave him! You're better than that blah blah blah blah blah without knowing everything about the relationship. Heck I could come up with half a dozen things just this morning that my husband has done or said to me that would be taken completely out of context.

So yeah, go ahead and tell her to leave him, that she's better of without him without having any back ground information into the whole relationship.

Careful. They'll throw you into the apologist and enabler category with posts like this.

Let 'em. IDGAF.

I love how people judge situations without even knowing everything that's going on. I had a "well meaning" girl come up and give me a hug in a bar and tell me she thought my husband was "being a complete and total jerk" because he "wasn't paying attention to me" when in reality he was having a meeting with someone and I was sitting there listening in. Never mind the fact that she wasn't there the two hours before said meeting took place when the two of us were having dinner and having fun with friends.

If you don't know the entire situation then keep your 'well meaning' comments to yourself. Like I said I could come up with half a dozen things my husband has said to me that would be taken 100% out of context without giving any sort of back ground as to where it came from.

Just out of curiosity, you are aware how discussion forums work? A poster requesting feedback from the interwebs is not the same as some random giving you a hug. What did you expect here, she'd make a post and no one would say anything because they don't know the whole story? That's some weird *kitten*

Actually no, it's not different. The girl in the restaurant assumed my husband was being an *kitten* to me without even knowing anything about what was going on.

Everyone is assuming that the OP is in an abusive relationship without knowing anything about their background. I understand that she went on here to vent but it seems like everyone's initial reaction is to tell them to get rid of their boyfriend, husband what have you. I typically like to get the whole picture of a situation before making a judgement call.

Did you ask the hugger for her opinion?

Who's this everyone you speak of?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    This is the OP's original post when she started MFP... Looking at it now in comparison to this post, my opinion is that they are both unhealthy mentally...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/35565750#Comment_35565750

Perhaps. Or perhaps she's just a little too open about negative emotions on the internet. I doubt you are really qualified to diagnose her mental health based on 2 forum posts.
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Only one way to solve this, has anyone got op's boyfriend on speed dial?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Let 'em. IDGAF.

Actually no, it's not different. The girl in the restaurant assumed my husband was being an *kitten* to me without even knowing anything about what was going on.

Everyone is assuming that the OP is in an abusive relationship without knowing anything about their background. I understand that she went on here to vent but it seems like everyone's initial reaction is to tell them to get rid of their boyfriend, husband what have you. I typically like to get the whole picture of a situation before making a judgement call.

I'm disappointed in the lack of arrows you've taken for this well-reasoned stance.

Here. You can have a few of mine from earlier in the thread. I'm hoping they're gender neutral and not just for men (but have suspicions that may be the case).
  • sanfromny
    Options

Perhaps. Or perhaps she's just a little too open about negative emotions on the internet. I doubt you are really qualified to diagnose her mental health based on 2 forum posts.

Never for a moment did I attempt to diagnose her. I made that clear by stating that this was MY OPINION
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Never for a moment did I attempt to diagnose her. I made that clear by stating that this was MY OPINION

Yes, I am aware that your diagnosis of mentally unhealthy was merely opinion. I was just pointing out that it was an uninformed opinion based on very little information.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sure, of course having your husband on a call for a while, appearing to give you the cold shoulder, and having some weirdo decide to comfort you is totally the same as OP's boyfriend making her weigh herself in front of him and then ACTUALLY giving her the cold shoulder for 24 plus hours. What were we thinking?! Makes total sense now.
  • sanfromny
    Options

Yes, I am aware that your diagnosis of mentally unhealthy was merely opinion. I was just pointing out that it was an uninformed opinion based on very little information.

Duly noted observation. So I'm the only one in 5 pages giving an opinion? Really? Good job identifying that.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Duly noted observation. So I'm the only one in 5 pages giving an opinion? Really? Good job identifying that.

I believe others did though I didn't see anyone else search out a past post to share here as some type of backup.