WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Heather and Penny you two look faaaaaaaabulous! I want to see your workouts and your sightseeing.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Penny and Heather, it was so thrilling to see your picture together. I hurried into the other room to show Jack. The thot tha two of our friends that live in different countries had the opportunity to meet, just thrills me. You both look terrific. Thank you both so much for sharing all the little details with us. When Penny said she could see Heather's ship coming in and had to run down to the dock, I was giddy with excitement. It humbles me to think we have dear friends all over the world. Wow, thank you ladies :)

Janetr okc
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    Penny and Heather~ you look mavvvvvulous..... and both look so happy...
    Carol(Peach) reason for 2 fridge , my dad and dan have one that is side by side and not really enough room for there stuff.. I found there's on the side of the road in someones driveway for free.. my dad payed the 80.00 for the 2 veggie drawers it was missing..
    yes I am worried about both Becca and her hubby and Sylvia.. hopefully we hear from someone soon..
    Have the weekend off..
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    ✔️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Hi ladies!

May I begin with just a single picture?
    w9q8xaom3cd5.jpg

/Penny at the North Pole

Wow! You two look great. Thank you so much for sharing the picture. :bigsmile:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    Heather and Penny thank you for sharing. What a fun picture!
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Went for my annual checkup yesterday and got a nice suprise. My bone density scan last November showed I had increased my bone density since the scan 2 years ago. Not on any pills to do this. We talked a bit about it and the only thing she could guess was my high vitimin D and calcium dosage helps and that I now keep moving. I do not lift weights (only heavy landscaping rocks) or work out, I just keep busy with projects and activities around the house that need to be done.

Previously had a very stressful job with most of my time spent sitting. That job was literally killing me. Since I retired I have been able to do more things than sit it a car in traffic and sit in meetings all day. She also noted that my blood pressure was excellent compared to what it was while I was working. I knew retirement would help lower my blood pressure. >:)

A private downer for me was she didn't comment on my weight loss. Then again, she never talks about my weight. She hints by asking if I eat out a lot or eat a lot of processed food. (No to both questions) But never comes out and talks about it directly. So I decided to not mention my weight loss either.

Wait till we see each other next year...that will get her attention. ;)

Charleen in Colorado (Seriously...turn down the heat outside!)

• Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Heather and Penny - You both look ***Marvelous*** Glad to hear you had a super awesome day!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    Rde hm 2 gym- 9.55min, 15.5amph, 133mhr, 2.5mi = 90c
    SPIN- (sub teach)- 40min, 85ar, 87aw, 10-15g, 162mhr, 9.5mi = 365c
    ride gym 2 wk, via yakima loop- 56.59min, 12.1amph, 146mhr, 11.4mi = 474c
    Ride round parking lot- 10.40min, 1.5mi = 61c
    Ride dome 2 hm- 20.36min, 7.5amph, 144mhr, 2.5mi = 181c
    Total cal 1171
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    Resolutions for June (with week one comments)
    *weight training twice a week (only once so far)
    *30+ minutes of garden puttering three days a week (yes)
    *daily meditation--gradually increasing time (up to 9 minutes 35 seconds)
    *continue sorting and discarding photos (doing this almost daily)

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    21,000 steps
    190 minutes of dog walking
    50 minutes riding the exercise bike
    taught the line dance class

<3 Barbie from NW Washington

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,387 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a bosu DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Leslie Sansonse's 5 Day Walk DVD.

Karen - I really don't think that an audience participation type of thing would work too well. Remember, this is a social, people will want to socialize with one another. The gal who is doing the Christmas party had a suggestion from someone else for this Murder Mystery Dinner thing. Really, the gal who suggested it has suggested things before. Her suggestions are good, just not real thought out. I don't know how this is going to go over. For one thing, they're sort-of on the expensive side. I don't know how long it'll take but I can tell you that most people are ready to leave a social by 9-9:30, maybe 10 at the latest. I don't know how long this is going to go on. Unfortunately, the gal who is coordinating it is a new member so she hasn't been to many socials. Oh well.....

Joyce - Hula dance?? That WOULD be neat, but I'd be concerned that no one would want to do it. You have no idea how hard it is to get Newcomers to even go bowling (not exactly strenuous). We get every excuse in the book "oh my knees" "oh my shoulder" "oh my (you name the body part). I couldn't possibly do that". So many don't even bother to try. But I'll look online, if there's someone in this area, maybe we can have people demonstrating, one on the upper patio level and one on the deck. If it has to be inside due to Mother Nature, then both people can do it.

Penny - I'm so excited for you two!

trubluetopaz - get better fast!

NYKaren - good for you standing up to that coworker. If she's fired, it's no one's fault but her own. Good luck singing. I know you'll be fantastic! Remember that we care and are all in your pocket

barbie - I know that your old teacher is so very grateful to you knowing that her class is in such good hands.

janetr - thanks for the update about Chris. Glad she's doing well and hope she comes back soon

Marcelyn - how horrible for your sister! Praying for a full recovery. To me, those "days logged in" is bogus number because you can prelog just one item and MFP considers it that you've logged in for the day. Someone told me that you just had to log in (like to read the posts) but I haven't tried that. But I do know that prelogging at least one item counts. Have a great trip!

Penny and Heather - you gals look wonderful!

DJ - for the most part, it'll be adults (seniors) at the pool party. Last year Jess invited her friend who had just moved down here, her friend's hubby and their son so I asked one lady if she'd bring her gs's with her. But for the most part, it'll be adults. We just had a social where there was karaoke so that's not really something I'd like to do.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Today I was spinning in the morning and someone that I see spin in class all the time came out looking for the instructor, she said I guess she didn't show up, so I ended up teaching.

My knee and a tendon on my hamstring is starting to feel a little tender so I gotta keep an eye on it and pay attention. I am going slow, so I am not pushing myself.

Someone asked me for suggestion on a bike for around $200. First I would probably get a hybrid bike. 2nd go to a bike shop that sells bike, not target or Walmart but a bike shop and pretend you are thinking about buying a bike and ask them what size of bike would fit you. One of mine is a 54cm I think. But get measured for one. They will ask you what kind of riding are you thinking of doing. (Road or trail riding). After they tell you all their stuff, THEN go to craigslist because honestly a new decent bike will cost more than $200, mine (the cheap one, hybrid) cost $675, so you will have better luck getting a used one, plus you will know what size you need to look.for. My road bike that I'm riding now cost over 1k. But whatever you do, think about this, the more you end up spending, you want to make sure that you get your money's worth, aka ride that bike! I know that I am getting my money's worth because of my riding all year round, so all the $$ I have spent, I am getting my $$ worth. Good luck

OH, GET A HELMET!!!!! We call bikers that we see on the road that don't have one, "organ donors"
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    North Pole Penny and Heather. Yay!! Just yay! Happy dance!

Beth Silly me about your son & the prom. He probably would not like it if he knew I had changed his gender without his permission.

Update on Griffin, sweet grandson: The team won their game tonight 10-9, played their little hearts out, and will be playing their arch enemies The Nationals for the championship tomorrow. So proud of the little guys, they are all younger and smaller than any of the other teams in their division. I am thinking they will end up in second place, but they will give 'em a run for their money!! Such a great way to end the baseball season and a welcome positive way for Griffin to work off some of his angst over his school woes.

Because & Joyce positive healing thoughts for your men.

Love you all,

Karen in Virginia

P.S. Cheri hope you are winding up your visit to get your daughter settled in her new apartment and she is feeling comfortable about getting around. Let me know if I can be of help,

• ljdw99
    Options
    Current Stats
    SW: 258 January 12
    CW: 222 ~ June 10
    GW: 175 ~ Final
    Celebrated w/soup/salad & iced tea at Olive Garden...tasty but high in sodium.

Californiagirl love the view from the hot tub...my shed's prettier now that the painters power washed it.

Larisa congrats on your job sounds like it couldn't be more perfect.

Love the Lavender...have some in my garden but not as robust.

Wonderful pic from the North Pole

I'm typing this on my iPad then copying it to MFP...at least I'll have what I've written if MFP eats my post.

GLo still doing a celebration dance on the North Shore of Ma.
  • ljdw99
    Options
    It did I'm going to have to uninstall & reinstall the app I guess
  • kat02092015
    kat02092015 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy, 64 and retired. Anyone from the midwest? Someone responded to me about a week ago and somehow I lost her post. Looking to see who needs support besides myself.
  • kat02092015
    kat02092015 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How do I join the 50 + group?