Replies

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    B)
  • melaniemetoyer
    melaniemetoyer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies.... hope all is well with each of you. Well, FINALLY managed to get in a 1.5 mile walk in this morning. Yipee for me!!!!!!! :). NOW, the dreaded trip to New Orleans :( , (in the middle of one of the BIGGEST annual festivals held there), what the heck was I thinking when I scheduled this audit :# . Today will be a challenge to eat at all before I get back to Baton Rouge. One things for sure, I WON'T get any "fast food". Forgot the fruit at home this morning sooooo...... but do have a fresh salad prepared to eat when I get back!!!!

~Melanie~
    Baton Rouge
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Happy July 1st!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Irish Terri: Have a great trip! :flowerforyou:

Heather: "Pinch punch the first day of the month" may NOT be popular with your son and DDIL. Let us know whether they enjoy the game or give you a scolding. :devil:

Lisa: Corey is a class act, which is more than you can say for his former employer. :grumble:

Dr Katie: Good luck with your surgical procedure. You'll be back to weight lifting before you know it. Could you even have imagined this need to lift weights five years ago? :heart:

Our town has held an outdoor concert for thirteen weeks each summer for the last several years. Last night was concert night, and the park was packed. We had to wait to get into the beer garden because it had reached capacity, a first in my experience. When we did get in, we were able to find a place to sit. Our dog went with us, and there were quite a few other dogs in the beer garden. No hassles were caused by any of them. They didn't fuss with one another or the crowd of humans. This is an outdoor venue. Dogs are not welcome in restaurants here, other than service animals. On the bad news side I'm up a little in weight this morning. Do you think it was the half elephant ear? I suspect that was a contributor. DH ate the other half. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :'( We're still at the hospital waiting for Jake to poop. Joyce and Charlie are dealing with too much poop in the wrong location and Jake has no poop at all. The doctor predicts that it will happen soon and will decide after lunch if he can be discharged. I am trying to avoid thinking about driving from Seattle to the Olympic Peninsula on the Friday afternoon that begins Independence Day weekend

:) My goal for July :smile:
    Get Jake and me and our pets home safely

<3 Barbie from overcast NW Washington
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Irish Teri – Congrats on being within ‘normal’ weight for someone your age and height. I’m getting close … have been working my program so that when I go back (not until 7/12) maybe I’ll be so close it hurts. The last few times it has come off 1lb every other week.

Lisa – Sounds like your DH got out of a ‘bad’ situation; much like our DDnL#1. Some people are notorious ‘slave drivers’ and are going to make sure that they don’t have to pay what they should when someone leaves their employ … petty and small minded. Normally, she would have gone and cleared up any orders she had in limbo; this time she says, ‘they can just figure it out’. Said she has had a lot of customers that she dealt with asking, ‘what is happening, they won’t even answer the phone’? She’s referred them to a company in another town that she knows will take them and do a good job. She’s not ‘taking’ these jobs for herself, like if she had gone to another company in the same business – they made her sign a ‘non-compete’ clause. That’s how ‘petty’ they were. She wanted DOS to go by and pick up her last check and stuff in her desk area … he made her go. So she called and asked if they were going to let him ‘in’ to get them. She won’t give them the ‘time of day’. They would not pay her to ‘consult’ with them about anything. Karma visits those who are petty and cruel and mean. Sometime LONG after we even ‘give much of a damn’.

KetoneKaren and DJ – YEAH! Coastal Caroline Chanticleers won! A huge upset! They were so excited. I think the pitcher was ‘stunned’ beyond believe (until he got tackled by his team mates). DH had a fit, so happy that a small, basically unknown team beat out the Arizona team who had won the title about 4x. Go, those Southerners!!!!!!

Drkatiebug – My DH is getting so hard of hearing and won’t go to have his hearing checked. GGRRRrrrrrrrr. I want to bang him over the head. He screams at me, mainly because he can’t hear himself talking. It’s worse when trying to talk to him over the phone. I end up ‘screaming’ at him. Then he acts like I don’t have a brain cell in my body sometimes when he gets so frustrated and thinks I am not looking for what he has asked me to do. He wanted me to turn on to the station that the college World Series was on. Gave me the channel number and then when I told him that it was not on that channel or 5 on either side … he got ‘really upset’ with me. Sometimes I have to ask him to turn the TV down; it is blasting me ‘out of the room’. Mu BFF called last night to talk to me - I hate it when she talks while on her 'hands free' phone. I have to hold the receiver away from me about a foot. When I got off, Louis said 'you'll never have to put her on 'speaker phone'. He'd be able to hear every word if he was standing outside if I did. She talks loud anyway and sometimes I would just like to slap her and tell her to 'tone it down'. DOS says he will repeatedly ask what he has said, or he will come back and ask or tell him something he had said before. I think working fulltime at the age of nearing 75; he is just ‘tired’ and the ‘heat’ has gotten to him. Can’t work like he did when he was DOS’s age … who ‘still’ has not made any effort to find a ‘permanent job’ and he is 40, so he is getting a bit ‘old’ to be starting a ‘new’ job’.

Finally found the one thing that was preventing me from getting my bank statement to balance. An 'old' check that has never cleared the bank. Bank says as soon as 6 months run, they won't honor it. So I went online and it shows that it 'posted' to my account, so it apparently somehow got lost before it came back to my bank. This time when I called the bank, got someone who spoke English and she helped me get it balanced after I told her that I had finally gotten to a point where the balance I had was the same that the bank had. She went through it step-by-step ... after 2 FULL days of working on it. Went back and literally made a list of all checks; and then took the statements and checked them all off; making sure that I had not forgotten to post any DC purchases ... everything 'jived'; but, still could not get them to balance ... simply because of this long overdue check. I always keep a 'buffer' in my bank anyway so if it shows up in the next month ... it will be 'okay' because I now know where it is and have made a note of the check # and amount. This is not the first time this has happened with the same company ... they will 'post' it to my account; but, the check never clears.

I'm hoping beyond 'hope' that the carpenter that DH has been working with will 'finally' bring the door for the porch and install it. So he will finish the damn thing. He does just enough to keep me from getting upset about it. I'm ready for it to be 'finished' so we can use it.

Gee, what happened to the page numbers? Not showing up either at the top or the bottom. I hope I am posting on the last one.

Lenora
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Expiggy I shall call you "Lauren". s0806.gif
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    July resolutions:

Weight resistance training 3 days a week
    Cardio (treadmill and or stationary bike) 3 days a week
    No late night snacking (why is this so hard for me?)
    Stop obessessing over the number on the scale

Have a terrific 4th ladies.

Janetr okc
  • rwalker200
    rwalker200 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can you sync Fitbit to my fitness pal without buying premium ? Mine is not syncing
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    We had a nice day with our friends and their children, even though the underground was messed up and they were late. The queue at the museum was horrendous because of security checks. We LOVED the butterflies in the tent.

Now we are on our way home on the train. Eggs tonight.
    My son has not been able to exchange contracts on the house. It's really touch and go now. :s

Love. Heather xxxxx :star:
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    rwalker200 wrote: »
    Can you sync Fitbit to my fitness pal without buying premium ? Mine is not syncing

Yes, mine syncs just fine and I don't have premium. I don't remember how I did it, whether I started at Fitbit or started at MFP, but I chose apps from a menu and went from there. I think I started at MFP.

• drkatiebug
    Options
    Expiggy, I would be interested in hearing about your homemade deodorant, not for myself but to pass on to the women I work out with. They were looking for deodorant as opposed to antiperspirant and wondering where you could get it. Some brand they were using did not seem to be effective. Tom's, maybe?

I'm not sure why that is advantageous, maybe because of the aluminum as you said. Maybe I need to become more educated on the subject.
  • drkatiebug
    Options
    My body fat percentage was the same when I got measured this morning. I was a little bummed. The guy who did it told me I had to up my protein. So, using his suggested numbers, I changed my MFP settings to 40-30-30. My one July goal is going to be to focus on protein and get close to my new percentages. Wish me luck. I won't go so far as to say I hate meat, but I will say I love my carbs. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Goals for July ..... Track every day over or not..... Newly Retired public school middle school teacher... Yo yo er .,, hope to get healthy and stay that way .,
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello, Ladies, Happy July!

Kay - I am quite fond of Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt... 80 calories and more protein than carbs. Whoot! I also eat a lot of cheese - but that has a high fat content - which doesn't bother me, but, might be an issue for others. Basically, any milk product has a high protein value - AND the calcium to help you process it, so it's win-win. Also - if you want to boost your protein - I often have a Protein shake latte for breakfast... Coffee with a protein shake in it. Premier Protein makes a great one... 30 grams of protein and only 4 grams of carbohydrate - a great way to get that extra hit of protein without a massive calorie or carb it - and the latte usually serves as my "breakfast." I don't really eat food in the morning - so, it works for me.

Lois - Yo Yo in the sense of weight? Or do you have a mad hand with the spinning disk? :p Nice to meet you.

Girls - I have to say, I am somewhat... I guess I am just a little bit shocked. I shouldn't be, I suppose... but, I am a little stunned. I pre-log most days - I plan ahead for dinner and determine what we are going to have - usually it's in the crockpot before I go to work, so it's no big deal to do it and really helps me to stay under calorie goal...

Well, on Fridays, I am blessed to be able to work from home... so, I thought I would cook something I haven't made in a while. I have a bunch of potatoes getting ready to go over to the dark side, so I thought I would make some potato soup.... I grabbed some bacon out of the freezer - and some Chorizo - because I though a little spicy hit would be nice... and I started working out the recipe in the calculator.

Um... yeah. I started to list it out... 11 oz of chorizo, 6 slices of bacon, 6 potatoes, 2 onions, a poblano pepper... and here is where it all started to go pear shaped - because I make potato soup with half and half... and cheese... and flour... *sigh.* I have never really measured out the ingredients before... I have always just thrown them in... but, when I thought about what I had done in the past, put it down in the calculator... I now know why the soup is so darned good! It occurred to me that maybe.. JUST maybe, this is one of the reasons why I have maintained my *chokes* girlish figure so easily for so long... because, this soup - for which a two cup bowl has something like 730 calories - used to be consumed two bowls at a sitting... with EXTRA cheese on top and bread and butter on the side.

I had to shake my head at myself. Gosh. If I was eating two bowls of this stuff, plus bread and butter, it's no stinking WONDER I still weigh 250 pounds, is it? That would be a 2600 calorie DINNER - and in the past, I would not have been fasting all day, either. Talk about a voyage of discovery...

Now, don't get me wrong... this soup is darned delicious... rich, creamy cheesy, and too good not to leave the recipe alone... but, I am SO never going to eat two bowls in one sitting again... and even eating only 1 bowl... with extra cheese and the bread and butter - yep, going there - requires some calorie savings at lunch. So... now I know. I can't believe it didn't penetrate my thick skull until now.

If I find that I am using less half and half than I thought... or less flour or cheese, I will be pleasantly surprised - but, *sighs* I expect I will just have to keep in mind in the future that Potato soup - the way I make it and eat it, requires planning for a 1300 calorie dinner.

*sigh*

Re in TX - no longer living in her own private Idaho.