WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I had my favorite lunch ever!! Two Wasa crisp breads (Multi-grain) crackers, with brie cheese, spinach and turkey on each one. I put the brie on first as the glue for everything else. Then I press in the cheese my fresh spinach leaves, and the turkey folded nicely. It is heaven!

For my dinner I shall create a soup with:
    tilapia
    Udon noodles
    chicken soup base paste
    some soy sauce
    Olive oil to saute the zucchini pieces
    fresh spinach to put the soup over
    couple of shitake' mushrooms sliced
    some wasabi paste to give the soup a kick!

It should be grand!

Enjoy the weekend all. I am thankful for you all, and my family. Hopefully I shall be able to SKYPE with my middle son!

Becca
    Oregon
  • Winquatt
    Winquatt Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Becca, all the Oregon sunshine is on the east side of the Cascade Mountains. Here in the east end of the Columbia River Gorge we have clear skies, 85+ degrees, and enough heat that mowing my lawn is leaving me sweaty and red-faced. The advantage is it's burning calories. So much for the lunch break, time to get back to the yard work.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    After all the talk about creamy rich potato soup, I just had to make some. To lighten it up, after I boiled the sliced potatoes and onions down, I added about 1-1/2 c. chicken broth and 2 c. of 2% milk. Did add a couple of pats of butter and cornstarch made it creamy. Delicious! :)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon from southern Indiana where it should be our last dry day for several days. Then it turns hot. Charlie worked outside on the cars this afternoon. He will mow the front yard this evening. Michelle is mowing the back right now. I need to pull weeds but I know what it is going to do to my back. We need to get some Weed be gone or whatever it's called. It worked real well last fall. We were weed free.

Bag is still on!!!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am headed for my hot tub in a minute. The girls and I just finished cleaning up the downtown pocket park for the celebrations. Both the children's parade and the regular parade start right by it, so I like to have it looking nice. Deadheaded, weeded, and tidied it all up! Now I hurt all over.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Neither Rite Aid nor Vitamin World had the Premier Protein shakes. I was overwhelmed by the protein powder at Vitamin World and just left. But then I had a NSV next door at the Bass Clothing Outlet. They had a really cute peasant style white top that would be perfect to wear with jean capris for the 4th. I tried on the XL and modeled it for DH. I was excited that it fit because they don't carry plus sizes, but when I modeled it, DH said, it looks too big to me. So I tried on the Large, and it fit just fine. How about that?
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    rowing machine- 25min, 51aw, 145mhr, 4952meters = 191c
    ski machine- 25min, 143mhr, 5-7incl, 20-35resist, 1.25mi = 237
    pt stretches at gym- 10min, 2sets 20 = 52c
    skipping round track- n4.30min, 145mhr, 1/4mi = 65c
    total cal 545
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    sleeping-beauty-smiley-emoticon.gif t4103.gif
    Jake

t6007.gift6006.gif
    Barbie
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts rest day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell swing- 19X7X35

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbie happiness is finding the right emoji!! SO happy you are back home with Jake healing.

Katiebug that is an awesome NSV

I am proud to say I changed my own brake light in my civic saving $10 from what the jiffylube was going to charge! Who knows what self reliance could lead to next, changing a tire?? NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @drkatiebug I buy Premier Protein shakes in the pharmacy at Costco. Some Walmarts carry them. Or you can order them online. May I suggest Atkins bars instead of some of the others that are higher in carbs and calories? If you can tolerate sugar alcohols, the one I ate a couple of nights ago had 12g protein, 17g carbs (5g fiber & 8g sugar alcohols), and 9g fat, 160 calories.

An Era is Ending! http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2016/07/02/garrison-keillor-final-prairie-home-companion/86634042/

I love you gals!

Karen in Virginia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Liilian congratulations!

Pip WTG!

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    pip- congratulations on your standings! You are amazing!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

KarenE – welcome

Lisa – I am sure Daisy will be happy, but I am sad for you, maybe you will need to find Marigold (a city doggie)

Sue – you got barn cats to kill the rats, right? So you should be thrilled! LOL or did Linus forget to add a bow?

Becca – Yeah!!!!!!!! So glad that that hurdle is over.

Barbie – great joy on being home!

I met a friend for breakfast this morning and had a great; but big meal, had no lunch and it is almost dinner time and I am not hungry… I’ll have a salad, in a hour or two – calorie count will be fine. My mother is coming up tomorrow and staying until Wed. ( that is a long haul for the two of us) I know I should be more gracious but she is a lot of work as a house guest.

June Goals
    1 fun thing a week, graduation, visiting with Vickie, working in Eden garden, sailing in the pacific ocean
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday

July Goals:
    2 fun things a week,
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday – like to hit 160 miles for the month.

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies-
    Well at cousins house and it is just 4 of us, dad and I out on the deck and ,Ryan and Jack in the bonus room..
    Sorta feel bad for them.. There dad flew in with them here from Colorado and they are staying at the house here while Matt, his fiancé and her daughter are at the hotel.. Glad they get to spend time with cousins, but sorta left out of stuff with dad while here..
    Feel very comfortable just hanging at this house, you just come in here and help where needed,fix food for people ,do a load of dishes in dishwasher, burp or rock a baby to sleep..
    But I am enjoying the peace and quiet right now..
    Got a text from my cousin just about an hr ago that my aunt has passed away this morning, her children were with her. She had COPD and was on hospice care.. So it is a blessing.. Dad and my Uncle Tom are the last of that generation right now...
    Don't think I will be able to get to aunts funeral as I have to work next saterday until noon and if they are having it N.H. I will not be able to make it in time... Will wait to hear about arrangements...
    Dad is napping in the chair next to me ,he will need it as we plan to stay here for a bit tonight.. These crazy cousins of mine stay up until 3 am playing volleyball ,corn hole and all sorts of crazy yard games....
    Well signing off for now.. Will try and catch up later
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Re – When I want a salad, I go to “Olive Garden” and get one of their salads ‘to go’; it is only 140 calories and is plenty enough for me ‘for lunch’.

Janet okc – Thanks, I don’t always see words … that are so easily transposed letter-wise; and, I sometimes don’t proofread my posts; but, I am getting better. DUH!

Heather – I know what you mean by having a friend you don’t get to see often; and, then when you do it is like there is ‘no time or space’ between you. My BF through HS (now in Tennessee) came back to SW GA to go to a wedding of a child of a former employer. DH and BF’s husband just right in and started talking and BF and I talked about a lot of things. Did not have long to catch up; but, it was nice to see them again. We rarely go ‘north’ of us, except to one of my MDs in Macon, GA (middle of the state) … when we go someplace for vacation it is to FL or to LA.

Barbiecat and Katla49 – I think Fridays are bad days to travel just about anywhere (rush hour or not) … roads are full of tractor trailers going back to the companies to be there over weekend to be packed up again. Fridays on holiday weekends are killer! Since I cannot drive for a while; I try to get my comfortable pillow and sleep.

Drkatiebug – I use shakes that have the same # of calories as those posted by KatoneKaren (also have protein bars with the same # of calories). I use mine for meal replacement or snacks. Since I am on a very low CI meal plan … I prefer to eat something else, instead of using them as a part of my meal.

GLo – I can’t use ‘emoji’s’ either … my ‘security’ on my compute won’t let me download ‘any’ program with them in it. Boo Hoo … but, I enjoy watching the ones that get posted here.

Re – Either way … doesn’t matter ... GRITS is an acronym for Girls Raised In The South. Last October we had ‘potato soup’ at a Retreat that was so damn good, I could not stop with just one bowl.

Marcelynh and Re – I ‘love’ Mexican food; but, it is sooooooo high in calories. We usually go out to eat at a Mexican Restaurant once, sometimes twice a month. When I know (ahead of time) … I ‘fast’ as much as possible. I also cut my portion in half before eating it and take it home with me. We went out to eat at a ‘high-end’ Mexican Restaurant that we had not known about (about 20 miles away). I don’t know if it is a ‘chain’ or just a ‘stand-alone’ restaurant … the co-owner came over and greeted us; a few minutes later the ‘owner’ came over and greeted us; then he brought ‘shots’ of 1800 Tequila to our table. I had already had a small Margarita; but, I wasn’t going to look a ‘gift horse in the mouth’ … so ‘down it went’. So I did a ‘lot’ of exercise the following day. Anything Mexican is ‘high’ in calories … cheese, beans, tortilla shells … just can’t help it.
    I go through spells of having a ‘sweet tooth’ – if I can have just a ‘little bit’ it usually soothes that ‘little voice’ of wanting to throw anything in my mouth to compensate for it.

Skuehn48 – Our big outside cat (20lbs of black & white fur) usually brings us ‘presents’ and leaves that at the door on the mat. YUCK!

Michele in NC – Yeah, now I will make sure that I do it ‘month-to-month’.

Lisa – My DDnL#1 quit her job (well, she got upset, wanted boss to let her take her lunch hour earlier in the day; but, he told her ‘if you walk out that door, don’t come back’. She did and she hasn’t. Been 3 weeks now and gone on an interview that only pays $18K a year and she’d have to commute. This week she has another interview and had already taken her resume to them before the applied. Had to apply ‘online’ and then they had to run it for a certain length of time. Got the interview set up for Wednesday. I sure hope she gets it and that it pays her what she needs – it is supposed to also provide benefits (much needed). Her former bosses have not been able to answer the phone, because they never wanted to learn how to transfer calls, put them ‘on hold’, simple stuff. She got called by a customer asking what was going on. She told her ‘she did not work there anymore’. She told them, that they’d have to either go by the shop or pick up their order. She suggested another business. I think she is waiting for Karma. I told her that Karma usually comes when we least expect it … or no longer care. If they are going to have problems … then she needed to ‘let it go’ … I’d flip burgers at 4 different places before I would even ‘give them the time of day’. LOL!

Cheri – Never liked living in someone else’s house; we’d clean the few apartments we’ve live in during our marriage; and, when we moved out of them … usually cleaner than when we moved in. Rental houses are probably the worst because the owner doesn’t want to always be fixing and painting and making sure everything works. Sometimes the previous renter has ‘trashed’ the place and he/she doesn’t know it until a rental agency tells them about it. In apartment building they usually have someone who is in charge of checking out apartment between renters.

Melaniemeto - I check my daily CI before I enter my ‘exercise’ for the day … that way I know if I have stayed within my CI food check; if you add your CO … then the number of calories left will be computed at a higher number. I know how many I have gone over, if I check (or write out and subtract) the amount of CI from the number I am supposed to take it. Long story, short … yes, the amount of calories still left are computed at the higher rate you could eat (by eating them back).
    Our DYS and DDnL#2 and DGD#4 live in Vidalia, LA … she works in Natchez, MS and he works out in the ‘boonies’ near Clayton.

Lillian – They used to keep moms and babies overnight, natural childbirth; and 2 nights for a cesarean birth. I know when my DDnL#1 had her 2nd baby – she was ‘home’ the next day; less than a week later DOS had to readmit her because of ‘blood clots’ in her leg. I think they now keep them 2 nights and 3 nights for C-section. Back when I had my boys I think normally they stayed 4 nights (maybe). I was considered ‘high risk’ so I spent an entire week. The 2nd one, we lived in Macon, GA and at the ‘private’ hospital owned and run by a couple of groups of OB/GYNs I stayed 7 nights. Had company 2 hours after giving birth. When they brought him in the first time he raised his head and looked around the room. For nursing mothers we had 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. That was the ‘best’ hospital food I have EVER had.

Katla – I am ‘always’ discombobulated on weekends. Saturdays feel like Sundays and Sundays feel like Saturdays. Crazy!

Becca – When I show up at my MDs office with all my pills in a bag … I get ‘are you a drug rep’. Yeah right … I’d be talking to a nurse instead of waiting for the MD.

Lenora
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Watching That's Entertainment on TCM...love the old MGM musicals
    Good night ladies I'm sure I'll be falling asleep to some great music tonight.

GLo NS, Ma
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    We were out and we had our first official blow out. Charlie had mowed half the lawn so I knew that I was really crossing my fingers that this bag would stay on while his body got hot. So we were checking out this new place Michelle had heard of and when we were done, I noticed Charlie had stuff on his shirt. Now normally that is not abnormal at all. He is a messy eater and usually wears his food. But then we noticed it was on his trousers. So it was a big mess. But this time we changed his bag when he was standing up and i hope it stays on better.

Barbie, love your emojies. You are busy as usual doing laundry and it looks like Jake is resting.

JOyce, Indiana