Options
    exermom wrote: »

mousemom - welcome! Good looking pic, there

Thank you, too!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Dorrie Happy Birthday weekend!

Janetr Another pup tent aficionado! Lisa's got this down pat, she can give pointers. I'm jealous. I just have to start tossing and pitching, dang it!

DJ It may not be for everyone, but I have been highly entertained by the RNC. It's the best reality TV show ever!

Pip 1000 miles! B)

Karen in Virginia
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the RV life comments. I'm not too sure Jack is really any more ready to do it than I am. He loves to putter in his wood working shop. He has made all sorts of beautiful things and people are always asking him if he take custom orders. I know he would hate giving up all of his tools and his shop, etc. Sometimes I mostly just listen and the wonder lust passes and he quits talking about it again for a while.

BUT part if it is very alluring, traveling and seeing so many parts of the country I would love to see.

Vicki - My grands don't live near me, so I figure I could go visit them a couple times a year or whatever, I'd still see them as much as I do now. Both girls live in other states, one in CO and one in TX.

Janetr OKC

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    So many people in the Tiny house movement want to have their homes portable so it is the same as an RV. Good luck with that. I don't think I could do it just because of the price of gas. Besides that, I like hosting my family at my house and I need the 2200 square feet. Wish I had a bigger or rather more efficient kitchen.

Charlie has the grouchies today. He is on solid foods and he ordered a loaded omelet for breakfast along with salsa! No wonder he has a belly ache. So he had some hearty tasty vegetable soup for lunch, just a couple of bites was all he could get down. Dr wants to discharge him tomorrow and Charlie is worried about him not eating much but that is pretty much what they do after any surgery these days. So I need to go to the grocery store this afternoon. As soon as he wakes up from his nap I will kiss him goodby for the day.

Don't know why but when I tired to lay down to sleep last night I had extreme left sided chest pain. I got up and took one of Charlies nitro tablets but it didn't help. When I went to back to bed the pain was gone. It as soon as o lay flat again, the pain was back. So I put my pillows so that I was sitting up. I guess I went to sleep like that because in the middle of the night I got up to go potty and then slept flat.

Welcome to all the new ladies. I am sorry I am not welcoming you in some personal way but my life has been turned upside down and twisted for the last 2 months.

Joyce, indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,921 Member
    Options
    :)Janetr, the year we went on a 99 day trip in our RV, we considered the possibility of becoming "full timers" right up til we were in a store in Gallup, NM and Jake saw a giant shield made by the local Native People and he started to make plans for where he would hang it in our house in Washington. I pointed out to him that we weren't ready to give up our house...a few years later, we sold our RV and haven't missed it.

b0412.gif Jake's daughter called while I was dancing this morning to say that they were almost at their motel and would come over to the house about the time I plan to leave for my afternoon dance class. Our plan is to go our to dinner....we suggested Mexican or pizza and she said she liked both...then today her husband said he wants to go the seafood place and sit outside on the water. I'm not sure there is going to be any "daddy and daughter" time at all. They plan to leave tomorrow morning.

t3302.gifKatla this birthday wish is a little late but very heartfelt

<3 Barbie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    becca you are a hoot! Love reading your posts

DH and I fantasize about an RV. But my secret wish is to be a "snowbird". The house in NY for the summer and fall,then We would travel south for the winter months as DH hates!!! cold as do I. It is a pipe dream financially but it is fun the fantasize about it.

Barbie just finished "Valiant Ambition". and picked up your favorite , Gretchen Rubin's "Better than Before" Can't wait to start in on it this evening.
    NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Barbie - that's just about where Jack is at, he thinks it sounds like a great adventure until he actually begins to mentally picture giving away and/or selling his saw and sanders and all other manner of tools that he has collected over the years and that his life is going out there and puttering in his shop. I'm totally content with going on several trips a year and then coming back home. At the age we are, there really would not be that many more years that we will be up to traveling and moving and taking care of all that is involved with RVing. We shall see, like I say I smile and say yes it does sound like fun but have you considered this.....and give him one more thing to think about that I know he truly enjoys and would have to put aside. I truly don't see it actually happening. BUT that being said, I'm his wife and I will be going where he goes and will do it with "alacrity" :)

NYKaren - that's where I am, I love going to AZ for January/February and then coming back home and making several shorter trips where ever during the year.

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    I am tired. not used to shopping and spending.. I brought 175.00 with me, I am used to buying cheap..we went to Justice at the mall Taliah's favorite store.. she was looking at jewelry and mom and I looking at clothes at the 50% off, well it came to over 150.00 lucky Tracy had a 15% coupon off.. and I had already payed for lunch.. I had about 17 bucks left and we went to Payless for shoes.. I was able to buy one pair and Tracy got 3 more...
    Oh well you do what you can for the grandkids....
    stopped home and took the doggies out... I did go and feed DFIL they put him on an ultra soft diet,, they soaked his pancakes in milk ,wouldnt eat that, he did eat 2 bowls of oatmeal and a bowl of scrambled eggs....
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hello, Dreamy Dames;

I have become the Stay Puft Marshmallow man… can you say bloated? Sure you can. Oh well, this too shall pass, I guess. Maybe the knee sweat will take it down, faster than usual.

The only excitement going on today is that I am moving from one cubicle to another. Oooo. Ahhh.

I do have some lovely leftover chicken stew for lunch – so that’s all to the good… and because the overall stew is so low in calories, I have a lot of CI left for whatever delightful dinner I prepare, tonight.

Whatever it is, it is going to be EASY. It’s been a long week with lots of morning appointments, and I am pooped. But, I made it to the gym, this morning and that makes every day for the last two weeks… I don’t know that I have EVER gone to the gym every day for two weeks, before. I guess that’s an NSV. I feel weird if I don’t go to the gym, now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Karen/VA – (in best Miss Piggy voice) Moi? Crazy? :smiley:

Pip – my Superhuman friend… 1223? You really are amazing. Hope you are enjoying eating at least a little of that. Hurray for passing the thousand mile mark.

Sue – Yay for remission!

Cheri – you have to be able to take care of others… that means you must take care of yourself, first.

Barbie – Love the audio books, too. Nothing better on a long drive. Dance on, Sister! I hope you can enjoy what little time you will have with the kids.

Betty – if the bike doesn’t work, there is always the hammer method.

Rori – *waves*

Anne – Hello!

Michele – even just looking into it is an improvement over not considering it. Good Luck. Oh, and don’t you just loving going out to do yard work knowing dinner is already under control? I can’t face the mower if I haven’t already taken dinner prep out of the equation.

Mary – I am glad I can provide some entertainment. I am glad I joined, too. You ladies are a wonderful group!

Carey – no creases… maybe I will take a picture. It was just the weirdest. So sorry about the stone house.

Debbie – mmm… chocolate.

DJ – We miss you, too. Line dancing sounds like a fun workout.

Janet – Gratz on being able to do the up and down thing. It’s the simple stuff that everyone else takes for granted that really gets you excited, isn’t it? Pretty Lillies! Full time RV living, huh? Maybe… I would be fine with just a computer and some clothes - but, I would miss my exceedingly cheap local gym.

Katla – How is my Northwest Sister, today?

Joyce – Aw, thanks so much! Glad you got a break from Fox… lol. Sometimes you just have to step away from the hospital. Chest pain should probably be checked out. I know you aren’t excited about more doctors and such, but, please be sure to take care of yourself.

Becca – your positive outlook lifts this post – adds to the general loving tone, here… so keep it up… but never fail to vent, if you need us. Oh, and I am totally with you on cooking ham in bacon grease. If you are going with pig, go all the way. My knees make rice crispy sounds! I have to giggle about the gingerbread woman sign. It is just the sort of thing I would have to do for myself… I am so forgetful.

GLo:smile:

Terri – HI!!

Allie – Hope you enjoyed the lunch and shopping! And I wouldn’t eat pancakes soaked in milk, either. Ick. You would think pancakes would be soft enough… oh well.

KJ – well, that early warning I was mentioning is happening today… the stinking scale says I gained 6 lbs since yesterday… So this week’s weigh in for me may look much like yours did last week. I do sweat from everywhere – but to sweat enough to leave wet spots on my knees just seemed weird to me.

KarenE – Sheepshead! I like it. Lol. You go on the exercise. I really do credit ANY success I have ever had losing weight to exercise – first, last and always.

Miriam – didn’t know those were called naked ladies. They surely are pretty. So, how are you doing?

Carol – Hope you can reduce or remove some of the meds. Just be sure to clear it with your Doc… some of those meds you have to taper off…

NYKaren – Spread your tiny wings and fly away… lol. You reminded me of that old Carpenters song. I can never live in the north, again. 80 is the “perfect” temperature. Anything under 95 is acceptable. I spent my formative years in the snow and used to don shorts at 65 degrees – but no more. Now it’s a sweater at 75.

Margaret - *waves*

Lily – Every day is National Junk Food Day in this country. Is that really a thing? Put those children to work… lol.

MamaSooz – 70 lbs to go – sounds about right for me, too – although I am just aiming for under 200 at the moment. Welcome!

Dorrie – Happy Birthday! (in case you are too busy celebrating to check in here.) Golfing and a Spa Day… sounds like a fun weekend. Gratz! Oh, and how nice that you have a new activity buddy at work. We should all have one of those…

Heather – Enjoy the family and the beach. I haven’t been to the beach in a gazillion years. I need a beach vacation.

Vicki – EXCELLENT! The bike is your friend…

Mia – How are you doing? Healing up well?

Mousemom – Do you have another name you would like for us to use?

Well, off to clean out another drawer and move some things. It's amazing how much miscellaneous stuff you can collect in a desk drawer in only a few years... lol.

Hugs for Everyone!

Re in TX
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    trulydivyn wrote: »
    Thanks Mary! <3 It's not until Monday tho...but thanks anyways!!

Dorrie...aka TrulyDivyn - from Vegas! <3

Well, you get the whole weekend to enjoy yourself!
  • Rini_s
    Rini_s Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been on MFP for a while, but haven't had long term success. I'm newly motivated because my daughter is newly engaged and I want to lose about 55 lbs before her wedding next June. You seem like such a fun group and I'm hoping to keep in touch with some other like-minded people my age. I am pretty short (5'2" to 5'3"), and I turned 55 on June 26. I sit at a desk all day so I'm trying to get up and walk and hit 10,000 steps daily. I'm going to try to get some weight training going - the kettle bell swing thingy sounds interesting. Of course, I don't have a kettle bell. Maybe something to acquire? I have a variety of hand weights, but those seem dangerous to be swinging around, lol. Thanks for giving me a place to visit with all of you.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Re in tx. My mood has been down, which is why my posts are rare and brief right now. It is mostly due to two things. Fear about what will happen to the supports (SSDI and Medicare) that I PAID for, if the GOP wins this election and what will happen to my son since his supports are one's that don't come out of FICA. And one of my kitties is on death's doorstep, barely hanging on from day to day (cancer). I am doing all the things I can to improve my mood (step away from the news). Sunshine has been scarce but we are in for a few days now (along with HEAT) and exercise (just spent 90 minutes in my friend's above ground pool doing water aerobics). Thanks for asking.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I left off on Page 31...and it's up to 52 now!! I'm sorry I can't make comments to anyone because I will have to go back and catch up later. I'm still at work and have been so busy I haven't had time to pop on here for at least a week I think.

My dad is tolerating chemo okay so far. He's feeling weak and I wish I could go give him a big hug but he lives 8 hours away and doesn't really want company right now. I will go see him when he has had more time to accept the fact he has cancer and has to go through treatment. He is a very stubborn and proud man and isn't taking this very well right now.

I bought a car last weekend. Not new, but new to me!! It is a 2014 Chrysler 300. Oh my gosh, it is so nice that I feel funny driving it. I am such a flannel shirt and jeans kind of girl that this is just too classy for me. I was dressed more like I should be tractor or truck shopping when we went looking! HaHa! I'm just a real outdoorsy girl who likes to fish and be in the woods. So, this car is much fancier than I ever saw myself driving but I LOVE IT! Gives me something to work for I guess. Hard to work when DH is home retired now all the time. (He is older than I am...I have a ways to go yet.) I am selling my previous car to my oldest son. He needs a break in his life, and I'm hoping this will help him see a light at the end of the tunnel. He is picking it up tomorrow and seems pretty excited.

I hope you are all doing well and I will try to catch up tonight. Know that I am thinking of you and hold you all dear to my heart. You are a difficult bunch to not think about! xoxo Hugs.

Tracie in Green Bay, WI
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Re and Becca – If you can find ‘country ham’ by the slice in your area (large slab of ham with one circle bone in the piece … to make some ‘wonderful biscuits’. Heat up a pan (iron skillet in the best) with some grease (oil) and fry the pieces of ham. Either make your own or get the pre-made kinds of biscuits (we usually get Pillsbury grands or Mrs. B’s) and after cooking the ham and biscuits; pour in some ‘brewed coffee’ in your skillet and the grease you cooked the ham in … this is the “Southern” way to make “Red-Eye Gravy”. Pour over biscuits and cut a biscuit-sized piece of ham and put it between the 2 halves of the biscuits. I am ‘sure’ this is NOT a calorie-free breakfast, lunch, supper, or snack; but, I sure love ‘em.” Hot is best; cold’s not bad. ;)

Ilikegardens – If “Sheepshead” comes up in your auto-correct; it’s a word somewhere. If you use Word; you can right click on the highlighted word and it will tell you what it means. It sounds too much like 'sheep$#*T'. LOL! :o

Janetr7476 and Miriam – Do y’all have ‘spider lilies’ in your area? They’re usually growing wild; they come up on one stalk (can’t even remember what any leaves they might have look like, not even sure they have any) and it is reddish-pink with a lot of spindly things that it you turned it upside down it would look like some sort of wild spider.

Purging to live in a RV – would be a real problem for me, too. But, with a washer and dryer in it would make it a little easier. I’m just not so sure that I am a RV type of person. People that do it usually ‘love it’. We’ve visited with friends who had one parked near the beach; but, it was pretty small.

KJLaMore – My mother used to keep a can (Crisco solid lard); to pour her bacon grease into for cooking things. I remember one day she poured a lot in and went to put the top on it; and it was soft; and, she stuck her left hand down into it accidentally; she was so upset when they ‘had’ to cut her wedding band off o they could bandage the hand. It was a beautiful band of orange flowers that were ‘cut out’. They put it back together but it always had a seam down the underside. Having to try to ‘pull it off’ was not working. I also remember one morning the plaster of Paris ceiling (a circle of it) fell down, hitting her (again standing at the stove). It knocked her out. I’m surprised it did not kill her. It’s about 3/4th of an inch thick and heavy. A couple of years later they remodeled the entire kitchen, utility, flower room and butler’s pantry into one room and had a sewing room and utility room off one side. They had to go back and rearrange the plans because when they went under the house to figure out where the foundation piers were there was a 24” x 24” heart of pine beam, sitting on a piece of Micah and went all the way up to the highest point on the house. This was an 'old house' ... so it went up nearly 40'. But, she was happier with the rearranged plans because that meant that the kitchen was right next to the dining room. And not flipped as it was in the first plans with the kitchen at the back of the house; and, she would not have to walk through the den to get to the dining room. It turned out how she wanted it anyway. She and the architect had had some discussion about his plans.

DYS and his bride had a piglet with an apple that had been roasted for their wedding reception. Lots of Cajun food to go along with it. Jambalaya and red beans and rice … it was a meal!

Tshirtartist – Both of my older sisters are survivors of breast cancer (one of them twice). I’m sure by the time my Mother passed away with ovarian cancer it has spread to her breast since it was in her brain. I examine my breast religiously every month.

Carol – My cholesterol was very high; but, I was unable to take any cholesterol-lowering medications because I was allergic to something in it. So my weight loss has helped bring my numbers down.

MamaSooz89 – Go back and check what you are eating on a daily basis; quite often we get hung up on eating a lot of the same things (a lot of time at the same meal); changing up something to substitute something else; can make a change. Drink more water, try to ‘up your exercise’ by 15 minutes a day.

Dorrie – Happy Birthday in advance! Will be out-of-town that day, so I did not want to miss telling you and wishing you best wishes.

Mary from Minnesota – I hate sleeping through a ‘good lightning and thunder storm’. We’ve had tornadoes comes a little north or south of us, so our kids cover over for better shelter. I can’t believe I did this.

DJ and Barbie – Since I am on a ‘driving restriction’ for 5 more months at a minimum; that means that DH has to stop by the grocery store; but, he has been making our grocery list forever! Usually, after I start driving he will give me more money to grocery shop with because he has had his ‘eyes opened’; but, it doesn’t last long. I told him that I usually count my ‘individual items’, multiply it by $4 and usually I won’t embarrass myself at the check-out for not having enough cash. But, sometimes I will keep ½ the cash and write out a check … doesn’t really matter … comes from the same source. I know it is a ‘fake’ sense of saving. Saving for my pocket for a later date to buy something (like plants). DH always asks ‘can we EAT that’?
    Cracker got a bath yesterday. She isn’t thrilled about me washing her. I don’t know how they do it at PetSmart; today I get home w/DDnL#1 and came in the house, tried scanning some paperwork and since Cracker had been in her ‘crate’, I let her out. No more than 15 minutes she comes running in the door smelling like she had rolled in something dead. YUCK! So after trying her to come to me (she knew I was mad), I had to go up under the Cypress tree and pick her up, but, hold her away from me so I would not stink like she did. So I bathed her then I tied her up to the grill so she could shake herself dry. She now in her bed … pretending that I don’t exist now. Now, I know why I take her to someone else to bathe her; but, I would have had to bathe her to be able to tolerate the smell to go 25 miles into town. Guess, we’d better take her shampoo with us when we go to see DYS, DDnL#2, and DGD#4. Can’t pay $100 for boarding her; and, don’t want her ‘crated’ while DOS works. DDnL#1 has been ferrying me around while she has been out of work. We use my car so we don’t use up her gas. She did not get one of the jobs she interviewed for; and, the 2nd one sent her more paperwork so they can do a ‘background check’ on her. But, it does not pay very much (compared to what she had been making); but, I think it pays good benefits … it’s a state job. Maybe that is a good sign that she is getting close to getting a job.

Becca – I guess I really need to figure out how to increase the size of the font on MFP; I thought you said “FART” woman … not ‘FARL’ woman.
    I loved your post about ‘separating the wheat from the chaff’ … AMEN to that motto. I know I would have a ‘lot of fun’ being around you!

Joyce – I am way too ‘claustrophobic’ to live in a ‘Tiny House’; not sure I could live in a RV full-time either.

Lenora
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    evening again ladies~
    Im about to crash out... doorbell just rang and poor Faith was served a subpeona from her son,but expected they are going to court monday, Jean will be back to take her.. and if he tries anything Jean has tons of documentation, of things he has done, and taken from house...
  • janetr7476
    Options
    na93q3fax4xn.jpg
    Lenora, here are some spider lillies from my yard last year. :)