Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm not weight watchers but I want to support and meet anyone who is a serial starter/stopper!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Saturday

Scale went up a bit this morning. Grrr. Probably the wine I had last night! Today has been okay. DD had a tae kwon do tournament. She did well and we all had fun. Packed our snacks and lunch, so we behaved and saved money. But then we got Shamrock shakes to celebrate. We are doing thin crust pizza tonight - my flavor is herb chicken mediterranean with spinach, roma tomatoes, and feta cheese. Maybe more wine. I have had 40 oz of water and 2 cups of coffee today.

Hip flexor hurts today from sitting in those bleachers for hours. Neck felt horrible this morning but better this afternoon. Came home after the tournament and worked on laundry and cleaning. The house feels so much better now that we have swept/mopped/vacuumed/dusted!

May do homework tonight - or just watch TV. Thinking about booking our campsites for this summer and getting the vacation time on the calendar at work.

Don't forget to spring ahead!

Annie
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

*Cabana Boys flying by private jet to Missouri with Bloat-Away Spray for Dawn*

Lana -You are so thoughtful! Thank you so much for the spray and the Cabana Boys fly by!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog is taken care of. With any luck my neighbors moved out last night. They kept dog barking from 12-2am. Will not miss them. Will ask apartment office if they moved and will celebrate quietly.

Groceries, quiche making and although I am going back for sleep - I may need a nap as well.

Will stop by later. Wishing all a great day.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Sunday

DS (age 6) started running a fever yesterday. Still feverish this morning so we are staying home from Sunday school and church. Will read my daily devotional and watch our Sunday school lesson online. (DH and I are in a Financial Peace University class).

Scale is up even more today. :( Planning to eat clean today and keep moving forward. Just disheartening to have a good WI and then have it slip away. I don't feel I have eaten that badly. But will not give up.

Need to get groceries today and do my own homework. Trying to figure out if I could get in a walk at the mall? No word back from the university yet about using their track.

Will check back later.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    All errands done.

Neighbors also were loud at 5am. Will see soon if they are gone when I ask mgmt.

Annie - Lana says if you see it once on the scale (low number) you will see it again.

I put a complaint in at work - the hand sanitizers at work are empty and people are all ill.....Keep stuff at my desk just in case.

Got a 3 quart glass casserole dish and a 9 inch glass pie pan both Anchor Hocking for total of $15.00 so really pleased.

I meant to get something for lunch at the store. Ooops. Maybe frozen lasagna - quiche for dinner.

Dark out in morning - today dog got a reprieve and had a later walk - tomorrow is going to be another story.

..............Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. Arthur Ashe.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,883 Member
    Options

Sara - I like the Arthur Ashe quote. Very good.
    I hope that the noisy neighbors are gone and quiet people move in instead.

Annie - Sorry about the number today. Write it down and move on. I hope you get to use the track.

As for all of the sick people around you two......I've heard that if we can try hard to be conscious of not touching our eyes, we can reduce the odds of catching something. Keep hands and fingernails as clean as possible and stay away from face, or use clean tissues to rub eyes or scratch an itch there, blah blah. You get the idea.

*snapping fingers to have Cabana Boys clean the lounge chairs and pool hand rails again*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I know, keep hands off eyes, my eyes were so sore from allergies that I have hit them hard with eye drops. Hopefully the damage is not done and I will keep to sinus infections.

Quiche in oven, scrambled eggs in bottom of oven. I like a full quiche and did not reduce milk. Love cleaning my oven.....

Got a nap in with dog on lap. She is laying in the rest of today's sun.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • arniedog74
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Last night on our way home, we had to make a couple stops...as we were coming out of Dollar General, an older woman opened her car door, and asked SO if he could help her... her battery was dead and she needed a jump.. she was so incredibly grateful and was so upset that she had no cash to give us.. she even offered to take us to dinner...we refused, of course... she insisted on getting our address and phone number, so she can send us money for helping...I truly hope, if she does send something, that is not more than a few dollars... it took no more than 10 minutes to get her car started...I am glad that we were there to help her, instead of someone who may have taken advantage of her... she was 71 years old, just had cataract surgery and her husband was home, after just having knee surgery...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Grandpa is not doing so well... he did get to go to lunch, yesterday for my Aunts birthday...I saw a few pics of him, he didn't look too bad... but, looking at his face, I don't think he really knows what is going on around him... it makes me want to cry... mom said, he has fallen at least twice, every day this week... he fell backwards into his bathtub, trying to get teeth to eat lunch... that could have been really bad, if he had hit his head... he fell getting out of bed and messed his hand up pretty good... he is using his walker, but falling is just part of this horrible disease... it's so heartbreaking, to watch this amazing man, deteriorating like this...and, it's only going to get worse...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    another quote ==

Hot chocolate is the answer. Who cares what the question is?

Already had my cup tonight......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning -

Alarm clock woke me up, thank you Daylight savings time!

Already have shoes on, dont know why.... maybe to remind me which pair to wear?

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.

PS forgot to weigh in!! not too surprised so my scale said I was up .2 not accurate, but maybe next week!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,883 Member
    Options

Dawn - So sorry to hear about what your Grandpa is going through. I cannot remember what illness you said he has, but it sounds as if it is time for a change in care for him since he falls so much. I remember that other people in your family are making those decisions. Maybe some live-in care?
    Good karma for you for helping that lady and her car.

Waves to everyone else - I need to get going. Many errands to run before the huge snowstorm hits us. I am not looking forward to the snow. In our co-op we all take turns shoveling!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    dont ask me how but I missed Dawn's posts - start writing down symptoms so that Dr can assist. I am with Lana - good Karma spray ( with foot massage coupon) coming via Cboy today......
  • ASalner
    Options
    Monday

Scale just keeps going up. Have officially re-gained what I lost last week. :( Apparently alcohol is a 'no-no' for me. Really didn't think I ate that badly. But just moving on. Good plan for the day.

Today is Day 13 of no pop. Sweets have been very limited, as well. Feeling strong in those areas. Just thought I'd lose a few lbs simply from abstaining from the pop and sweets.

We got a little snow yesterday. 1.8 inches, which really is nothing in Central MN. Hopefully sun will help melt some of it today. Kind of a cool week on tap for us but starting to warm a bit by Thursday and Friday.

Looking forward to DS's "Welcome Home" men's choir concert at his college tonight. They just returned from an 11 day tour of 5 states. Have to have him sign is tax return. He is getting a nice refund, as are we. But ours is just going to help pay off car and credit card. No fun!

Back feeling good today. Neck, not as much. Will stretch and breathe deeply.

Planning vacation time for this summer. Taking three days in June, a week in July, and a couple of days in August. A total of 2 weeks for the summer. We will go camping in June and maybe July. August may be a hotel weekend. Some days we will simply be at home. I want to get the days off first and then book the campsites or rooms. It will be nice to be off regardless of our plans.

Will lurk from work.

Annie

• arniedog74
    Options
    Lana/ Sara - Gpa's disease is PSP (Progressive Supraneuclear Palsy) my Uncle has moved back in with my grandparents and is helping... for now... he's the youngest, most spoiled... and, not too reliable...we haven't really discussed them moving, since Uncle moved in... Assisted Living is so expensive... Gpa would not do well, mentally, in a nursing home...I think, Uncle should do some training and learn to care for Gpa properly... maybe, when I visit for Easter, we can discuss...

Lana -hoping snow isn't too bad for you... and, you miss your turn to shovel...

Missy - I love kickboxing! I took two 6 week classes... it is a great work out! I wish I could find a class, here... shoveling is no fun, but it is a good workout...

Annie - way to go on no pop! Don't beat yourself up over WI.. no soda and sweets will be a help (my mom lost 80+ lbs just by cutting out sweets) it's a great start.... the scale will start heading in the right direction...

I have definitely not been making good food choices, last couple days...TOM is not my friend...

Everyone have a good day...
    Will check in later....
  • beginforthelasttime16
    beginforthelasttime16 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    So after a nearly 20 pound gain in 5.5 weeks, I'm restarting again :(

Logging my food, drinking my water, and stay away from sweets and soda. I need a week of mastering the diet again before I head back to the gym
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - keeping a list of falls (day/injuries from it ) medications taken/not taken will help dr create a game plan and that may open up resources (referrals from Dr are sometimes needed).

Annie - hang in there great job.

At work Shhh, more later.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - thanks for ideas...I will mention to family... they may already do this.. but, can't hurt to talk about it...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

The shirt I wear at work had seen too many food "oops" and is being washed as I type.

Reading and then falling asleep, just is. Under Lana's Tree with dog.

Didnt hit red calorie #s today for a nice change.

Wishing all a great evening.