Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Blood Drive day at work. Have an extra hardboiled egg and another string cheese to bolster myself. Frozen Lasagna for dinner - make things easy. I dont donate blood often so I will take the hit calories/weigh wise.

Dog got me up in the middle of the night for pitstop, so I hope for more sleep before work.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Big meeting at work today. Planned ahead and brought my lunch and snacks. Broke down and had a Starbucks Mocha yesterday. Coffee is worming its way back into my life and I need to stop it. Today it is coffee from home with sugar-free creamer. My excuse is this meeting.

Diet was good yesterday otherwise. And I got in 1.5 miles on the treadmill last night at an easy pace.

Eyes are still irritated. Eye doctor thinks I am dealing with a combination of dry eyes and allergies. So, continue antihistamine drops twice per day and add artificial tears several times per day. Yesterday was a bit better. Today, left eye is drippy. Will put in more artificial tears in an hour or so. Skin around eyes is itchy and irritated. Just trying to ignore.

Sun is out after two days of rain and snow. :)

Sara - that is great of you to give blood! Good for you!

Will lurk from work. Have a great day!

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    good evening!!

So glad these beans in the chili are gas free .........

Sara - You got me with this one! Laughed right out loud!

Waves to everyone else~~

BBL

Lana
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday I stayed in my calories and did a mile walk. I want to walk a mile again today. I forgot my lunch today so I'll have to go to the store and get some stuff to make my lunch. At least I can get enough for the week and keep it at the fridge at work.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Was turned down to donate blood for a sinus infection. So next time I need to be in between sinus infections as I have them often. At least I tried.
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Was turned down to donate blood for a sinus infection. So next time I need to be in between sinus infections as I have them often. At least I tried.

Aww :( Good for you for trying though.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi QP! --Good job yesterday!

Sara - making the trip to donate is good karma, even if you did have that darned infection. Sorry :'(

Banana, oatmeal, milk for breakfast. Eggs w ham and onions and cheese for lunch. Soup will be for supper. Raisin bran/milk for evening snack.

Not much walking yet today. Too tired now.

Lana

*flopping onto favorite lounge chair with Miss Tillie.....Cabana Boys are coming with the doggie treats....*
  • jpk3k9
    jpk3k9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Would anyone like to connect and help keep each other accountable? I am struggling HARD with motivating.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - sorry for sinus infection.. but, good for you trying to donate blood... points for trying!

Lana - yer menu sounds good, today! Trying to get myself back on track... started logging again, yesterday... didn't eat enough... today, already too much... always one or the other... never where I need to be... and, walking.... ugh... got to work on that!

Hi QP! Walking to get stuff for lunch is good... better than just sitting...

Welcome jpk3k9! Always lots of encouragement here!

Will try to check in later....
    Everyone have a great evening!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Jpk start with small goals you can reach - stop by and post here when you can.

Lana - like your menu as well.

Doggie Treats? I guess I will have to tell her. Which means she is on her way.......

Spent workday doing the stuff I put off, so brain is on fumes. Large glass of something luxurious,please.

Will be with Lana under the Palm Tree after dinner.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Welcome new people!

I must be PMS'ing. Feeling emotional and craving sweets. Caved in to a mocha and a brownie today. Meals were all good. Yikes! At least I got a 2 mile walk this evening, albeit slow as I had the kids with me. But it is mileage! Behind on water for the day, so will continue to work on that tonight.

Was scheduled for a haircut at 6 p.m. My appt card said so. And at 4:45 I get a call from the stylist asking where I am. She had me down at 4:30 and now could not get me in tonight. So I will wait for almost another week and will have to take some vacation time next Monday to get a haircut.

May begin doing an arm and ab challenge tonight as I am done with homework for the semester and know I need to start moving more.

Sara - sorry to hear about not being able to give blood. Hope you get over your sinus infection soon.

I think I really need to start tracking again. Was trying to follow the Fast Metabolism Diet but I don't think it's really working. And I'm still afraid my allergy meds may be causing weight gain. Of course, PMS would not help, either.

I'm going to sit under that palm tree tonight and curl up with a good book.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning!

2 of the salads I bought were not in good shape. Luckily the cafe have salads and soup. Just means a trip to the ATM this week I wasnt planning on.

Another day in the 90's and I need to move my clothing and shift seasons. Our spring was almost non existant, but there it is.

Wave to all who follow. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Wednesday!

Hello! The sun is shining but there is a possibility of rain/storms later today. Tonight is the last church choir rehearsal of the year and I forgot I'm supposed to bring a snack to share. It's a snack & goodie potluck. So, I'll be stopping at the grocery store for something pre-made.

Scale was kinder today. 153.6 which makes me feel better just knowing I saw a number below 154 again. Let's see if I can hang onto this. Did not make coffee this morning. Today is an all protein and veggie day.

Wonder if my allergy season will ever abate? Eyes are maybe slightly better today but still irritated. Gritty. So, more artificial tears on board after the antihistamines. It seems to get better for a portion of the day and then gets worse in the evenings again.

I'd better get some work done. BBL!

Annie
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Wednesday!

My work week is half over!
    Yesterday I stayed within my calories! I am going to take a walk after work before I pick up my kid from school. I am so glad I bought lunch stuff yesterday. My lunch was a no brainer today lol.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Ladies~~

SO tired. I had two appointments today, and it seems that that was one too many. I need to be getting more downtime and rest. ---Don't we all!!??

You all have a good evening.....

*flopping onto lounge chair*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hotter here than my wardrobe plans, cool off they say starting tomorrow......

Will crawl into lounge chair next to Lana. Hope you were able to rest since you got home.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new - Albert Einstein.

Something to chew on between foot massages and tropical drinks under Lana's Palm tree.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Drama in my world tonight. DS got into an argument with the guys he was going to travel with later in May for a road trip. He is now NOT going on the trip. :( I felt really sick about it at first but am settling down and realizing that he has to learn to shut up vs. spouting off his opinions and then getting mad and defensive when someone doesn't like it. I do feel bad for him, but he's got to learn. And there is absolutely nothing I can do about this. Trying to learn to let go of it since it's out of my control. Hard to see your kids hurting.

I am wondering if he should talk to our doctor about different meds. He doesn't resume with his counselor until the end of the month. He met with our pastor last weekend and it seemed like that went well. But it just seems like he's determined to be dramatic and run off at the mouth and then wonder why people don't like him.

The only good news is that there is a girl that likes him - is apparently crazy about him - but he told my husband that he realizes he's not "well or health enough" to be in a relationship right now. I have been hoping he would stay away from any relationships until he was okay with himself.

My eating tonight was less than stellar. Emotional.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

High humidity for us with warm temps. Luckily that changes tomorrow. Drank a lot of water last night - so did dog so we were both up. What you do to stay hydrated.

Oatmeal almost ready. Will get lunch from Cafe next 2 days one is a chinese chicken salad and the other is a Korean beef dish with brown rice and veg. More salt than normal for me so more water.

Annie - good for you!! Hold your own - we are "adults" at some point and learn/ dont learn from our behaviors, really glad he has counselor and pastor to speak to - extra whoppee!! about him not running into a relationship - he gets extra points for that one.

Found a couple CBoy candidates cross my path. When are the next try outs??

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thursday

How did that brownie bite find it's way into my mouth after my egg whites for breakfast? That's the problem with having the junk food in the house!

Coffee is on board today. With sugar-free creamer. Just really felt like I needed it. Also drinking water - so I can sympathize with you, Sara. It will be a bathroom-trip kind of day at work.

Didn't bother to check the scale. Feeling a little bit like saying "who cares?" but I know I can't do that either. So, will try to stay on plan today. Lunch will be some protein and a salad. Grilled burgers (no buns) and roasted brussels sprouts for supper tonight. Weather is gorgeous today so planning a long walk tonight.

Leaving work for a couple of hours to attend the 1st grade concert for youngest son. Looking forward to it!

DS (with all the drama) posted to Facebook today saying maybe it's time to cut out the toxic people in his life and re-invent himself. Stated you should surround yourself with people who truly love and care about you, not just people you have known a long time. There is wisdom in that. I can think of plenty of people who are not in my life any longer (especially from high school/college). Even some family is at a distance because they are not healthy to be around. I hope he can see his way through this and work on growing healthy friendships and relationships.

Lots to do at work. Better get to it.

Happy Thursday!

Annie