Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sheesh. I just read something online about my new allergy medication, Singulair, that said it causes weight gain. That side-effect is not listed in the information from the pharmacy. I'm telling you I will quit it if I feel I am gaining weight on it. So far, I don't think it's helping much anyway.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    This Saturday is a very special day... and I have to miss... my beautiful, smart, funny, amazing niece is graduating from college...I am so incredibly proud of her... she didn't have the best upbringing... but, she has overcome everything and is going to be one heck of a woman...I wish I could be there.. but, it's just not possible... she knows I love her, and would be there, if there was any way possible...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning.

Dawn our company has a week next week where they collect and take items for the SPCA. I will go and look for Peanut Butter as I can usually get it without being too pricey.

Thinking of getting baked potato with chili and a little onion and cheese for lunch. Best of both specials combined (loaded bake potato or chili cheese hot dog).

Will lurk from work. Wishing all a wonderful Friday - TGIF!!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options

Happy Friday All~~

Dawn - Congratulations vibes being sent to you and your niece. Good for her! She will make her own way and more doors will open~~

Annie - Courage with your Singulair!

Sara - Glitter card arrived! Thank you so very much! Hugs :*

Waving to anyone who stops by~~

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*
    It IS Friday so the Cabana Boys will be setting up for something special this afternoon~~

Lana

245.2 Today
    248.2 All Time High
    185 Goal
  • ASalner
    Options
    Friday

Back at work today. Lots to do.

Homework and final test completed for my class! Woot woot! Now I can relax about that!

Eyes itchy and watery today. I found they got a little better through the day yesterday, so we will see.

Still not much movement on the scale. 155.2, which is up .4 of a pound from last week. :( Have been really good this week. Need to get moving more. Goal is still to have a good weekend and stay on plan.

Sara - that baked potato sounds scrumptious!

Better do some work.

BBL!
    Annie

Today: 155.2
    All-time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Annie,

You have said in the past that weekends are a problem.
    You need to think early and think in detail about your weekend before it gets away on you.

You are busy on the weekends with your family's activities, so your schedule is a known quantity. It would be best if you could look at your 6 main meals on Sat & Sun, decide which ones are cook-at-home and which are eat-out. Then YOU decide in advance which restaurants/fast food stops you and your family will eat at. This will give you the control you need.

Don't wait until you and DH are exhausted from Saturday or Sunday activities and just throw up your tired hands and end up at a place that specializes in fried crap and high calories that will not be good for you.

I hope that you don't mind my saying this. Trying to help. Trying to bolster my own process!
    Aiming to follow my own advice!
    Hugs,
    Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - thank you! Just found out, niece still be graduating with honors! How wonderful for her! Very, very proud of her.

Sara- our pups here LOVE PB... they don't get it a lot... but, when they do, they really enjoy it... that's awesome of your companyto do that... it's always greatly appreciated here...

Annie - think of all your positives. Like no pop! That's awesome! That is definitely one thing I can't get over, yet....

Long rainy day in the Ozarks...ugh... not supposed to let up till Sunday... and, more, later next week... we're under a flood watch, until Sunday night... grrr

Will check in later...
    Have a good day all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Young lady at work brought me a whole box of Halva - I thought she meant one "piece" ..... I shared a little with coworkers, but will limit myself to one a week. (we shall see.....)

Fried rice for dinner. Will work on a couple of knitting projects tonight.

Weekends are hard because we dont have the structure of work week/school. I started buying lunch salads for weekends as well to build a little structure into my weekend meals.

Saw coworker who was in the WW at work walking her breaks again - she says she did get out of the habit and walks 6 miles a day - and her pants are loose. I congratulated her on doing her walking again.

May fly by before lights out. Will be spending time under Lana's Palm Tree - Friday special with the Cboys is foot massages......

Wishing all a great night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Seems I chipped one of my teeth tonight. It is the tooth that already has a root canal, and the best I can do it to wait until the morning to find out what I need to do. Luckily my dental office is open and they have an emergency phone #. Wow do I need a foot massage.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Aw, Sara. Sorry about that tooth. Is it a porcelain crown that got chipped or a real tooth?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed.

Lana - porcelain crown, 6 months after 3 year warranty from former dentist - figures! Will call dentist after errands and see about making an appointment.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning everybody~~

Sara - again so sorry to hear about tooth.

I need to clean my kitchen; I invited neighbors over for dinner tomorrow! It's the only time I clean.....

BBL
    Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Saturday

Good morning! Well, my start to the weekend was fun with a date night with hubby to see DS's last college choir concert. We did go out for drinks and appetizers, so that was not on plan. Beyond that, planning to eat well for the weekend.

Today is going to be a running-around kind of day. Errands and such. I believe we are finally going to splurge and buy a patio set for our deck. We have lived here for 16 years and had a hand-me-down set from my dad at one point but that was many years ago already. We have looked at them the last few years but I just never wanted to part with the money.

Sorry to hear about your tooth, Sara!

Have fun with your neighbors, Lana! I know inviting people over also makes me clean extra-well!

Enjoy your day,
    Annie
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - sorry about tooth... that is never fun... hope you can get it fixed, soon...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- maybe I need to invite people over, so I can get my house clean...hahaha... enjoy the dinner and company
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    People coming over is an excellent motivator to get things out of living space - I had a wall painted and got rid of some things -

Tooth apt at 1:00 to look and see what needs to be done, may need to make 2nd apt . I am grateful regardless.

Radio conversation about the "american way" about being in debt. I had $5 for SPCA fundraiser and got 2 jars of Jiffy peanut butter at the Grocery Outlet. I also will be using Thrift store again for clothing in next smaller size pants to motivate me. Only way to keep a tighter budget.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    New crown later - my face is happy not to have 2 sets of hands and dental tools in it. Dentist knew before I walked in as he had put notes in about it last month as a "caution". I shudder to think of the cost if I had "poo pooed" it and done nothing. Definitely, I can pay them now ($$$) or I can pay them later ($$$$$).

Oatmeal for dinner?? Sounds good to me. I was trying to think of how to reward myself, but honestly cant afford anything, so maybe read a book I already have??

Hoping everyone is having a good day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - you are very fortunate to have dentists open on a Saturday! So glad for you it is taken care of. I hope your mouth is not too sore from being open with 4 hands in it! LOL!

Reading a book you already have is good! Sort of like going clothes shopping in your own closet. :)

Everyone have a good night~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - glad you got tooth taken care of... definitely has to make you feel better...

Rain just won't quit... lotsa flooding... power keeps going out... no fun... made for a very long day at work... dogs were so confused why they couldn't get out... some were scared of all the thunder... feel so bad for them... rain lasting until late tomorrow... break for couple days.... then, more rain... ugh... and it's chilly...brrr

Gpa had another fall... this time, landing himself in the hospital, staples in his head... he decided he could move from chair to wheelchair on his own...I'm so upset with facility... they should not allow him to do things on his own..
    Dr wants him in a better facility...I'm pushing for Hospice... it's all about money.
    . so unfair...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hot chocolate as a treat for today. It will put me a little over on calories, but much nicer than string cheese.

Dawn - Sorry to hear your Gpa is in hospital again. Most facilities are understaffed (all about the $$). Hope a better answer comes soon. Hope your weather settles. Miss T is not a fan of lightning/thunder either.

Wishing all a good night.