Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Vonny_Vr
    Vonny_Vr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Taking a deep breath. Have gained back almost all the weight I lost before my knee injury. Today is the day I am committing to myself to start fresh, eat clean and exercise as much as I am capable of. Looking for your support on my journey and feeling a little scared but excited too. Would appreciate any adds to help keep me accountable. Have a good day everyone
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Vonny! Welcome, post when you can. Take small steps and make your first step the easiest one you can do= whether it is drinking 1 glass more of water a day or eating an additional piece of fruit/ veg to your day.....

Lana - put your gg oil in your oatmeal. I keep forgetting to get my oil and that has been an easy thing to do - cant tell at all.

Using body lotion in pieces this week. It is scented enough that if I were to do it all at once my eyes might water, but amazing the places we forget to moisturize. My "comfort" for the week.

Okay - oatmeal is done and I need to scoot. Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • BrideToBeCoco
    BrideToBeCoco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Although I have been a member of MFP for a good while, I am new to the community section. I'd really love to join your group but I can't see how I do it. Do I need to apply? Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks in advance.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Sorry, I never checked in yesterday. Thank you to everyone for your words of encouragement.

I did climb back on the wagon with my Fast Metabolism Diet yesterday and stayed on plan all day. So far, so good today. Days 1 and 2 are so nice because you get some carbs in the form of sprouted-grain bread, brown rice, and fruit.

Headache again today - weather or allergies, not sure. Just broke down and took the ibuprofen. Feeling very low energy.

Goal for the week is to stay OP through the entire week and not fall off the wagon on Friday. Also hoping to finish my final bits of homework and quizzes for the class I'm taking. I think I can finish it all by Sunday night and then be free of it!

Busy at work. Wish it would quiet down a little!

Will check back later.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Bridetobe - no application necessary, just post messages, this is an open board
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dog is eating grass my guess is allergies.... otherwise all dinner was gobbled up.

Pampered Chef invite from coworker, bought a lot last year and not all was used as much as I planned so I am thinking with my functional brain on this one.

Dishes in sink, then dvd with dog. Colin Firth in one of his better roles "Pride and Prejudice". If I could tell you the name of the movie with him wearing black leather pants..... that was worth seeing.

Someone at work told of the people in the hospital he used to work at freezing while getting treatments and how those hats would come in handy.... nice feedback.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Morale of the story, ask the stupid question - computer was giving me a message I did not understand and I went to the chat section of my computer security system (Kapsersky) and asked why I was getting this message. Person asked me what version I had and I uninstalled/reinstalled new version and am running the security scan. I did not know I had to manually update the version...... NSV!!
  • ASalner
    Options
    Tuesday night

Stuck with my eating plan well today. Did break down and have 2 cups of coffee with sugar-free french vanilla creamer as I could not get rid of that headache even taking 3 ibuprofen at a time! Feeling better now. (But drinking coffee is against the rules of my eating plan).

Seasonal allergies are still wreaking havoc with my eyes. I think the OTC antihistamine drops are drying out the outer corners of my eyes (the skin just outside my eyes) and making them irritated. I think tonight I will wash my eyes off with Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash after I put the drops in and not let that antihistamine sit on my skin.

Finished a quiz and my discussion postings for my class. That leaves me one more quiz and eight essay questions to complete. Hoping to be done by Friday!

Sara - good job dealing with your computer issues! I do love "Pride and Prejudice"!

Have a good evening.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog gets allergies too and she scratched her neck again, so no infections, just more allergy meds for awhile (probably until Fall).

Dawn - thinking of your 9 pounds and I was remembering people on WW boards talking about how they were the hardest, so keep being disciplined and do your best.

Lana -Saw something someone posted on FB about double mastectomy patient it was posted in "Self" about the "10 things people dont know about double mastectomies" wow.

okay oatmeal is almost ready and my brain is on fumes (allergies take what little extra energy I have). Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - thank you...I'm trying not to fall back into old habits, already... seems I always do this..I get so close, think I can do it... then, boom...20lbs back on...I never get excited, anymore... but, I'm going to try to make this one last...

Have a good day all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good evening,
    Someone I know posted this and I got hungry--
    http://tastypointsonly.com/2017/01/11/crockpot-brown-sugar-balsamic-glazed-pork-tenderloin/

Spent good part of early evening uninstalling Google and figuring out how to reinstall. Stepped away from computer for awhile which helped.

My reward is a hot water bottle, aromatherapy, and the rest of my dvd.

Will put kettle on for hot water bottle, tea with a piece of halva and settle in for night under Lana's Palm Tree - Lana- how are you doing?

Wishing all a great night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Listened in and participated in a Webinar about Gpa's disease. I really enjoyed it. Was good to hear from people that know this disease. Learned about things that I had never heard of, that will be needed, just to help him be comfortable. They strongly recommend at home care, other than Hospice. This is where I hit a wall. Mom says, Gma will not allow strangers in her house. I don't think she understands, that's exactly what Hospice is... strangers... she can not care for him... if the family doesn't step up, he is going to have to remain in a facility. I truly don't know how to help... but, I will continue to read, listen to more Webinars, and try to help as much as I can...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - glad your webinar has helped. If your Gma wont let people in her house, then home care is not the best option - regardless of what the webinar info/people said. With any luck your Gma will understand the value of hospice. Sending good thoughts for your family.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - thank you very much
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies~~

Stupid-busy day today, and then forgot to check in with you all.

Dawn - you have me curious about the FB thing you saw. I tried to find it but failed.
    In my case I knew I had to have a mastectomy on the left side because of the IDC found with ultrasound. I was offered a lumpectomy on the right side for the tumor the testing found there, but opted for a mastectomy---and holy cow, both the surgeon and I was so glad that I opted for the mastectomy on the right because they found (while I was in surgery), in the tissue sent down to the lab, a different invasive ductal carcinoma that was not detected in any mammogram or ultrasound. Can you imagine? They would have removed the tumor they knew was there and would have unknowingly left a much worse tumor in the breast. This sh-t HIDES in dense breasts. None of these were palpable, by the way.

On that pleasant note, I am going back to bed.

Hugs to all~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Lana - wow, glad you were thinking long term when you had your surgery! You were very lucky.

Dog fed, milk/water on for oatmeal.

Coworker has a Pampered Chef party soon and the item I want is the stack-able cooling rack so that I can roast my veg and cook my sweet potatoes and cool them in the same space (one on top of the other). I have a small-ish kitchen. Lady showed me the "whipped cream" maker - what would I do with whipped cream that often in my attempt to lose weight? Just said nothing and wont purchase. Might get another vegetable peeler.

Routine day here - will stop by later. Wave to all who follow, will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options

Good morning~~

Sara - I was badly confused, and I thought Dawn had posted about Self article; it was you!

I cannot get the sleepiness to clear from my head, but I have yet another two appointments today. I cannot wait for tomorrow, when I can sleep more.

Scale has been showing me my bad/good/bad/good food-choice control issues.
    I totally fit the old adage: "Too lazy to track? Don't worry, your body will track for you."

Into the shower for me.......

BBL

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thursday

I checked the scale today and it was not good. It's clear that my week off plan was detrimental. Trying not to eat as comfort but instead use the number to fuel my reserve to stick with it. I've been eating very well the past 3 days and my goal is to stay on plan Monday-Sunday to combat my tendency to completely fall off the wagon over the weekend. I know I will have to stand my ground as DH is still not following anything well.

Lana - so good you chose to be aggressive with your treatment plan!

Sara - I was just saying I wondered if anyone around here sells Pampered Chef. I love their spatulas and their chopper.

Dawn - sending positive thoughts and prayers for your grandpa and grandma and your family as decisions are made.

Doing homework and going to see son's vocal studio class perform this afternoon. I should be at work but took a "mental health/sick" day. Really should have been there for a specific meeting but just needed the time.

BBL!

Annie
  • WorshipHK
    WorshipHK Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm so guilty of starting tons of times and never following through.

I've been up and down since 2008. Effectively loss 30lbs in 2010 and gained it back and then some within 2 years.
    I've downloaded this app more times than I can count or would like to admit.

I think I'm finally in it for real this time because I have a solid support system. My boyfriend is doing a smaller cut than I am, but it's nice to have someone help me stay on track and make me accountable for stupid stuff.

My goal is to effectively lose the weight I gained after high school and make some muscle gainz!

If anyone knows what Chun Li from Street Fighter looks like, I'm aiming to have legs like her. They're too amazing to ignore.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - dont know if you do Facebook but there is a Self Magazine . I went looking for the article mentioned above didnt find it after awhile and gave up.

Frozen lasagna for dinner. Getting warmer here.... almost time for sweaters in the morning.

Will be under Lana's Palm Tree shortly. Wishing all a great night.