Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Bought Halva at the International Store, have memories of this from High School - bought the prewrapped portions to keep me honest (sizes of pieces can get bigger if I am cutting.....). Came in flavors in one box, cocoa, walnut and vanilla. Will take to work and share. Also had ingredients I knew what they were...... It is a compulsion with me, as my biggest goal after the scale # is to eat ingredients I recognize.

Lana - sending a celebration card anyway, think mailbox Saturday.

Missy - Yay!! New jobs will take time - first 2 weeks at any job is a blur....... Let us know how things go.

Off to next appointment - dog at Vet at 5:30 - they needed to switch my appointment and better to get her in than not.

BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Bought colors and things at the Mary Kay sale that I wouldnt otherwise get (buy one get one or buy 2 get one free) so my credit card bill at the end of the month will be a stinker......

Father is walking in the march for science today, he just called and to call him tomorrow....Last year he had knee surgery so I am glad he can do this.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dog apt went well, she has her shots and her weight is "ideal" seems my dog is the poster child for losing weight as she is half the weight she was when I got her.

So we are in for the night. Curl up with dog hot water bottle and a good dvd.

Eating healthier gets easier when you turn " I can't have that" to "I don't want that" - Natalie's Food and Health.

Under Lana's Palm Tree.....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed.

Will get rest of recipe to make the cabbage rolls in a bowl that I posted last week?? Makes 4 have one serving of fried rice in freezer still.

Groceries and then home. BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dont ask me what button I just pushed -- post went away......

Realized I need to cook rice for cabbage dish, so I will also make fried rice which means 6 meals total in freezer. Little more work, but just made my week easy.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options

Happy Sunday!

I am NOT looking at my Do List at all today. Only nice things for me for a change. Harrumph!

Oatmeal is cooling a tad on the stove, quick shower, and then off for a walk.

Sara - New makeup, Tillie at healthy weight, and you all prepped up with a cache of good food for the week. You are rocking this!

Waves to Dawn and Annie and anyone else who peeks in.

Missy - I am a bit of a klutz with "liking" and using other features on this MFP, so if I don't respond or do the right thing, attribute it to just not knowing how. Plus time and frustration issues :open_mouth:

*tossing hat, bag, and towel onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana

Today 245.4
    ATH 248
    Goal 185
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on...
    Lana - thank you so much for info...I will definitely check this out... they did get Grandpa moved into Memory Care...he kept escaping nursing home... wanted to go home...

Sara -He is a DNR...I believe Mom has a copy and a copy of his will...

I always get nervous when I make calls...I never really know what to ask and, afraid I won't really understand what is explained to me... that's why I like messaging and emailing...I can read and re read info.
    Thank you again, Lana and Sara
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Eggs cooked peeled and in fridge.

Found out my emergency person for my dog no longer works at the Vet, so I will go this morning and see if the Vet office # is listed in my file. Landlord insists if there are pets that an emergency person is listed- guess people just left the animals..... rotten people.

Dawn - glad for all your news. So many people dont plan ahead or dont involve spouse. Your grandfather made the choice for all of you when he wouldnt stay at nursing home - which is not uncommon. He is in a safe place and in good hands. Huge deep breath and sigh of relief.

QOTW: what will you be working on this week for a better scale # or better health?

AOTW: walking and water again.

I am like Lana - 'liking' or friending people on these boards I just dont get why. It is not personal. I have 60 plus requests that I just shrug my shoulders.

Sewing up chemotherapy hats and preemie hats, have enough chemotherapy hats to send to Cancer Center again.
  • sambosmitty
    sambosmitty Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I'm 28 years old, 5'8" and at my heaviest was 235 lbs. I have lost weight and gained it back so many times. Two months ago something clicked and I'm in it to win it now. SW this time was 231.7 and now I am at 219. A weight I haven't been in over 4 years. Seeing the scale go down and my face start to slim down is extra motivation. But what I have found is that being active on this app has helped me tremendously. Looking for more friends to help keep me motivated and to help you keep motivated too!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sunday

Hello everyone, sorry I have been MIA. This whole week has just been such a trainwreck with eating. Sugar. Carbs. Alcohol. I would not even dare to stand on the scale. Feeling ashamed of myself. I was making such good progress. Why do I do this?

Tomorrow is a new day. We made a plan. DH got groceries. The menu will be simple but healthy. No energy for a lot of fancy prep this week. Following the tenants of the fast metabolism diet and challenged DH to actually make through an entire week on plan. Have two turkeys in our freezer and I think we will roast one next weekend. Did not get out for a walk today. May try the treadmill.

Plan for tonight is paying bills and planning vacation or camping for my week off in July and a long weekend in August. We are not doing any big trips. Just staying in MN. We may stay at a hotel for 2 or 3 nights in July on the North Shore of Lake Superior. I think the long weekend in August will be camping in Southeastern MN. The summer will go so fast. I almost hate planning because it seems like it makes it go even faster!

Spent a lot of time outside yesterday and eyes were very itchy earlier. I actually put a steroid drop in each eye to try to settle them down. I may try an extra drop of the antihistamine drops in each eye (so 3 times per day rather than 2 times per day) if they continue to itch too much. I stayed inside today to stay out of the pollen.

Time to make some supper. Burgers on the grill. Buns and potatoes are not so healthy but we are re-starting tomorrow. Serial-starting again...

Have a good evening.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Cabbage bowl recipe will be made again. I am waiting for it to cool to eat, but it is a nice change and not too hard to make.

Now have fried rice done, waiting for both to cool before I bag and freeze or put in fridge.

Will put on dvd after dog walk and call it an evening.

Lana hope you had a good walk. Annie - so long as you get back up and try again, that is the main thing.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - so, you had a bad week... it's ok...we all have these days/ weeks...as long as you accept that you didn't make great choices, but know how to start over, you will be on your way to great results... don't beat yourself up about it... you will get back on track and be where you want to be before you know it...

Sambosmitty- welcome! Stop by when you can.. this is a great place for support and encouragement...

Missy - good to see you! Sounds like you're getting yourself settled in your new job... Congrats again!

Sara- glad Miss T is at a healthy weight... that is one thing I have trouble with with my pup... she's a bit overweight...a bit spoiled...

Lana - hope you can find out why you have brain fail... could it possibly be meds?
    Looking forward to you being able to celebrate...

I am 9lbs from goal weight...I am happy with the number... not so happy with my body...I need to start moving and moving... changes jobs has really cut down on my walking... no matter how hard I try... weather is getting nicer... time to stop being such a hermit...

May check in later...
    Have a good evening all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - spoiling dog is okay - with what becomes the question. Miss T loves cooked broccoli and cooked carrots which are both better "treats" than the dog treats I get at the store.

Time to crawl under Lana's Palm Tree with the dog......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning.

Down 0.6 today so checked weigh in's - that is down over 2 pounds from beginning of month. Keeping that thought to motivate me.

Dawn - can you walk before /after work? 9 pounds from goal - how can we help you get there? You know we will be celebrating with you.....

Rain again this morning - hopefully dog will take a good walk.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work (no special projects today...)
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

Only one eye open so far; time for shower and then running to the usual appointment.

BBL

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I will try to motivate myself to walk in the evenings, after work... in my mind, I will start a walking program and take dog with me, to burn off some of his energy... in reality, I will walk... just probably not as much as I hope..as far as what can be done to help me reach my goal... all I can say, is just words of encouragement...

Lana- hope your appointment goes well... have a good day...

Lazy, lazy day... it's nice out... just don't feel like facing the world at all...

Will check in later...
    Have a great day everyone..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    At work, Lana look for card by week's end.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi All~~
    Just stopping through again on a coffee break.

Sara - I will look for the card. We have a new mail person, and things are worse than before! Very odd.

Will come back later to read all the posts I missed!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dog fed. Sweet potatoes in oven, forgot to bake them yesterday. I had one extra last week so this morning was okay.

Not one bit of sunshine today, but in a couple of days..... will probably wish for clouds.

Found pattern to crochet for the NICU babies they do better when curled crocheted "curly fries" ( I dont think knitting works as well) are put in with the baby. Will keep going a little at a time.

Got walk and water in today. Put a different dvd in player and curl up with dog.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - congratulations on your good weigh in and what you have accomplished for April!

Dawn - 9 pounds from goal? I cannot imagine how wonderful that must be. I long for that day. One day at a time.... :)

Annie - hang in there. That's what I'm doing. Much better than giving up! Keep at it~~

Waving to Missy as she zips by on her bike~~ .......and hello to any new peeps popping by~~

Time to lie down and relax.

Lana