Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - thank you...I mentioned a home care service that does overnight care... Mom said she will check it out...I just think, him being at home, will be so much better for him...

This week has been Carb overload... not intentional at all.... don't even realize I'm doing it, until it's done... not stepping on scale, yet...I'm sure I'm further than 9lbs from goal, now...once again, sabotaging myself.... blah

Still raining.. but, not storming... right now... hope it stays quiet tonight, so pup can get some rest...

Everyone have a great night...
  • megfarm
    megfarm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I need some support for my weight loss journey, I'm a serial starter, and as of late a serial failer. I could really use some support, can I join in on this thread?
    ~Megan
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Welcome Megan! Feel free to stop by and post whenever you want... you'll get tons of support and encouragement here!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Mouth feels okay. Back for more sleep.

Groceries and then prep work for week cooking wise.

BBL
  • megfarm
    megfarm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!

I'll be home today with a sick 3 year old.
    Today's goals:
    - come up with my diet game plan: I'm planning on a doing a diet against insulin resistance. High protein, especially in the morning, choosing high fiber carbs more toward evening.
    - 30 minute run this evening when my girl is hopefully feeling a bit better (she's a mama's girl when sick so even though my hubby would gladly be in charge of her, she'll want mama right now)
    - Meal plan for the week - always a bit tricky with two young children to feed while parents are dieting

Feeling motivated. Trying not to be discouraged at my recent weight gain. I'm a pretty up beat, optimistic person but the discouragement sneaks in occasionally.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning Meg - think oatmeal for breakfast - I like it anyway, but I have read a lot of articles where is burns slowly and is recommended for diabetic or pre- diabetic people.

Hard boiled eggs on stove and potatotes/ sweet potatoes in oven. Decided to have chili on potato again for dinner.

Meat clerk showed me a way to purchase smaller quantities of meat for less per pound - in their deli. Less waste (as I forget the bacon I throw in freezer) and less $$ gotta love that.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Meg - eating healthy is not 'dieting' you will be teaching them good habits.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    Hi All~~

Big welcome to Megan~~ Hope your daughter is better soon!
    Waves to Sara and Missy and Annie~~
    Dawn - sorry about grandfather's fall. I do understand how difficult it is.

Time for bed. See you all tomorrow.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - thank you... he's back in the nursing home.. goes to neurologist on Wed, then family will discuss Hospice... hope you are doing well...

Have a good night everyone...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning!

Weigh in - up .2 - which I am grateful for.

Will get myself ready for work, but some Mondays are stinky.

Wave to all who follow and will lurk from work.

Oatmeal on stove.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday

Well, I managed to basically hold the scale steady over the weekend. I was 155.2 on Friday and today is 155.0. Still a far cry from that magical 152.8 I had a couple of weeks ago! Grrr. I wouldn't say my weekend was perfect but certainly better than the past several. Buckling way down again today in hopes of a loss by Friday. I need to get out of the 150s! But feeling like I'm doomed to stay 10 lbs above my goal.

Yikes! We went to bed with lots of rain and actually woke up with snow. Yes, SNOW on May 1st! Not a lot and very slushy but still snow. DS in college already texted me to say it is unacceptable. But I think the forecast is for high 60s and possibly low 70s by this weekend.

Toying with the idea of training over the summer to walk a 10K in September. An acquaintance and I walked one couple of years ago. She has suggested it as something we might do this fall, which means I'd really need to get walking and training.

Will lurk from work.

Happy May Day!

Annie

Today's weight: 155.0
    All-time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145

• qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back. I think I need daily accountability and to be honest about my logging. That "handful" of chips wasn't 0 calories, was it?

Current weight: 176
    1st mini goal: 171lbs (I want that first 5lbs to get the ball rolling! lol)
    Goal weight: 140 (will no longer be overweight for my height)
    Ideal weight: 130-135 (the weight I remember being the most comfortable, but we'll see. 140 may be the best for me.)
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2017
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Lana - thank you... he's back in the nursing home.. goes to neurologist on Wed, then family will discuss Hospice...

Dawn - I want to make sure you are clear on something about hospice, and I hope that I can put the right words here. Anyone else - feel free to clarify and correct.

My experience with my father before he died is that two things are separate: 1) where Dad lived (home, assisted living, hospital, or nursing home and 2) whether or not Hospice was involved.
    The two are separate.

I strongly suggest that you gather information now about Hospice--they offer more than simply palliative care and care in dying. They are a wealth of information. You will be talking to a local person who will be familiar with your area.

Today, look online about your local hospice provider. Tomorrow when you have an hour, call them on the phone so they can tell you basics about how they help and how a patient can "go on" and "go off"....how long they can "stay on" and how to re-enroll and extend services. There didn't seem to be any time limits.

Waves to everyone else~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- thank you...the family actually talked to Hospice, when Grandpa was in hospital, earlier this month. They decided to put him in nursing home, because he seemed to be improving. Now that he has fallen and hurt himself twice, at the home... the family is thinking Hospice may be a better answer...I feel it is, so he would have one on one care, and hopefully stop getting hurt. The falling will only continue to get worse. And, I'm afraid, in the home they just don't have enough help to be there when he needs them. Mom is looking into Hospice as well as overnight care. Maybe I'm wrong. But, I feel him being at home, will be more comfortable for him. Those I have talked to about this disease (their loved ones have/ had it) strongly recommend Hospice, not a facility. Facilities just don't have the staff or knowledge of the disease, to provide proper care. But, all I can do, is state my thoughts and opinions. I'm just a grandchild. It's up to the children and ultimately my Mom, the DPOA... but, I will continue to put my thoughts out there. I just want what's best for Grandpa and I feel, being at home is what he would want.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - It sounds as if grandfather is on the right path then--home with attendant care and hospice in control.
    Sending good thoughts your way.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Waving hello to qpmomma~~

Sara - that's a good weigh in. Steady as she goes.

Annie -Happy May Day in balmy Minnesota! LOL! Snow!
    Yes, dear one, do get your training in for your 10K so that all of your bodily parts are ready for it. How many miles is 10 kilometers?.....must go look that up......

.....Ack! it's over 6 miles!!!

Lana

*fainting onto lounge chair at the thought of 6+ miles.....Cabana Boy coming with smelling salts*
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn - It sounds as if grandfather is on the right path then--home with attendant care and hospice in control.
    Sending good thoughts your way.

Lana

Thank you so much Lana... need all the good thoughts we can get
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - good luck on training...I keep telling myself I will do C25K... but, I just don't start.. with all the rain and now, cold weather, it's easy to put it off... again...I just need to commit and do it... hope you can get started and complete the 10K!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Lana - you made me LOL at work! 6.2 miles isn't really so bad if you have trained for it. I will definitely need to train! It gets tough to walk that far at a fairly consistent pace and without any breaks.

Dawn - I'm definitely a walker and not a runner. And my friend is also a walker. I can go faster than her, but I stay with her for the conversation. I'm not really worried about my time - just the experience and finishing.

Hoping this walking would help me shed a few pounds or at least tone up.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    good evening!!

Baked potato reheated a chili is almost done! I didnt get too many breaks at work but saw how active this board was...... Hospice and walking, okay so far so good.

Will try and donate blood tomorrow and then literally other than knitting I am not donating anything else until Christmas - it is one charity drive after another. Dental bills, dental bills.

So glad these beans in the chili are gas free - only kidding - probably not. I will sit in a chair speaking distance from Lana under the Palm Tree.

Wishing all a great night.