Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    To everyone in the path of Florence, be safe!! Will be praying for you!

saltine - those ash creations are so beautiful. we may do that for our George who passed away 2 years ago. we still have his ashes in a finished cherry box in the living room with his collar.

Dawn - <<hugs>> sorry about your rough day. So wish I would have realized you wanted a fitbit. I replaced a fitbit alta (got free with points from a survey company) with a fitbit alta HR (also free with points) a few months ago. I would have been glad send it to you with some extra bands. I ended up giving it to a neighbor.

snowflake - congrats on all the appliances! and you can keep the snow! i want to wait a few more months till we get it!

Lynn - congrats on the wedding date being set! lots of planning and excitement in your future!

gemwolf - wow! way to go on the WI! wish they had classes like that around here.

Sara - did you discover what caused the outages? that traffic jam sounds awful. am so glad i work closer to home now and my biggest traffic issues are if i get behind a school bus or a tractor!

Been making better food choices overall but still need to reel in the calories. I keep thinking just one more bite/taste/piece. At least i am not so far in the red these days - baby steps!

I am trying to see how to post a picture from the virtual race on here. It wont let me take a screenshot so may have to find an alternative. But did discover its France not Germany - duh! The race ends at the Palace of Fontainebleau in Paris. Next race is Tombstone through the countrysides of Arizona. (doing it just for the shirt "I'm Your Huckleberry")

Grandson comes to our house to visit tomorrow but I have to work. :( will have to slip out for a long lunch to go see him! ;)
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - afternoon kept me busy enuff that I didn't have time to stop for cake.. thankfully...I also did not attend the drinking/food at the birthday of 21yr old... so, 2 pluses for me. Thinking dinner may be Subway... could be worse...

Kathryn - it's ok...I do have a step counter on my phone... it does pretty good, I think... sometimes, for whatever reason, it stops syncing with MFP... that's rather frustrating... but, at least I have something..

Snowflake - definitely too early for snow for me.. wow... enjoy your "new" appliances!

Waves to Lana!

The afternoon was much better. Somewhat hectic. But better. Feels like it's been a long week and it's only Tuesday...
    Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Dawn if it makes you feel any better I ate your piece of cake for you - but it was a doughnut. Just is.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options

Hello Ladies~~

I'm in NYC for a few days. Whew.
    Sara - congrats on the good weigh in!
    I will read through everything tomorrow morning with the coffee. Eryn - thinking of you! :open_mouth:

Hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Coworker asked me how I would keep walking in bad weather after dinner, dont know......

Tomorrow is 3 Dr apt so day off again, then with any luck I am left with Eye apt and Mammogram for year to set up. So much to do to get the list done.

Half way done with week - how are we doing on our goals? BTW that doughnut was not very good - why are doughnuts better from one place than another? Is it the oil they use and how often they replace it? Didnt think it made that big of a difference but yesterdays was a bit of a clunker in doughnutland.

Dog is up and fed. Time for me to scoot.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Wednesday.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options

Good morning~~

Yesterday's eating was a piggy-fest. The Lana that was in control of things just did not care. Train food, then 2 Krispy Kreme jelly donuts from train station. Forgot I had them, so I bought a bag of Dove chocolates when I bought dinner at the grocery store. Naturally, the scale tracked everything for me. Thankfully I did not eat like that the whole time I was away from a scale.

Still have back-reading of posts to do, but the Do List today is immense with 2 doctors appointments in there.

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

239.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn if it makes you feel any better I ate your piece of cake for you - but it was a doughnut. Just is.

You're so kind...I may cave today...PMS is not my friend...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Coworker asked me how I would keep walking in bad weather after dinner, dont know......

Tomorrow is 3 Dr apt so day off again, then with any luck I am left with Eye apt and Mammogram for year to set up. So much to do to get the list done.

Half way done with week - how are we doing on our goals? BTW that doughnut was not very good - why are doughnuts better from one place than another? Is it the oil they use and how often they replace it? Didnt think it made that big of a difference but yesterdays was a bit of a clunker in doughnutland.

Dog is up and fed. Time for me to scoot.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Wednesday.

And, it's always disappointing when you waste calories on something.. especially, when have been really wanting it and it's not good...
  • hickchic67
    Options
    My husband returned from Sams Club with a giant jar of peanuts and a huge bag of candy corn. I think that means fall is officially here. It also means i really really have to control myself from grabbing "just a couple" peanuts & candy corn every time I walk through the room. :(

CW - 162.5
    HW - 216
    GW - 150
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    My husband returned from Sams Club with a giant jar of peanuts and a huge bag of candy corn. I think that means fall is officially here. It also means i really really have to control myself from grabbing "just a couple" peanuts & candy corn every time I walk through the room. :(

My husband is a horrible snacker. peanuts, sweets, always in my house. I allow him one cupboard space area and I have been working very hard asking myself - does this provide any benefit to my wellness. If answer is no - I turn to something healthier. Doesn't always work especially with finger food. You are very close to your goal weight! Congrats on the weight loss you have accomplished!

Happy Wednesday all! Lurking all day (:

Here are my numbers
    CW-197
    HW - 209
    GW- 170

T-46 weeks until my daughters wedding to get to GW!

• hickchic67
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »

You are very close to your goal weight! Congrats on the weight loss you have accomplished!

Am closer to my goal weight because I recently had to change it. Dr recently told me 140 or even 145 is not healthy for me (even though the "professional" charts say is weight for my height should be 135). He suggested 150 but no lower.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Awesome with the kickboxing!

I am almost done with the virtual race. Have started to go to gym at work again to help kick up my "mileage."
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 I don’t know what area you live in, but when I lived in my hometown and they first built the MOA... I noticed it became a huge fad to walk the mall for exercise. I have a friend who lives in a smaller town in another state and people register with the local high school to walk in their halls for exercise in the evenings. There may be something like that in your area.

@hickchic67 I am interested in the virtual race idea. I just downloaded yes fit and am perusing the different races. I wonder what makes one cost more than the others. I don’t have a ton of disposable income living on disability, but I might be able to do $15 - $25 every few months depending on how long it takes to build up mileage. What program do you use?

Hoping to fall asleep soon. Insomnia has been horrid as of late. 👎🏽
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Fasting for blood draw later. Ob/gyn apt at same place then dentist in afternoon. Reward will be cookie and nap.

Called to confirm ob/gyn apt as I was not able to answer computer phone call. Guy I spoke with could not find me in their system, did I want to reschedule? No, I have already waited 6 months and the dr office already rescheduled once. I was not a happy person, luckily the man called back to confirm my apt ( I also had a confirmation message on my home phone). Had lunch with coworker, we work for this medical group and have had so many problems trying to get appointments, no wonder our customers are frustrated.

Runa - thank you for the walking ideas....I need to do some homework to see if there is any organized "walking events" in my area. Ever used lavender as a way to fall asleep? You are on a limited income - do you have access to lavender plants? Used since the middle ages as a relaxing aroma. Just a thought.

Back for more sleep, will check in later. Oh, scale not my buddy today - but so many things I have eaten that are not calorie friendly.......
  • hickchic67
    Options
    RunaMarti - I use the Yes.Fit. I don't know why one race is more than another. I know you have a choice of tshirt or medal (or both) for each race. There is also a code you can use for 10%off your first race. I will see if I can find it for you.

Here are a couple pics from the different mile markers on the Cinderella race to Chateau Fountainebleu:
    2exvvc4gr4c6.jpg
    znagf76ieuo2.jpg
    agk5316dsdlk.jpg

• hickchic67
    Options
    They also send little bit of trivia and information about the locations of the races. Here are a couple of pics from the interior of Fountainebleu:
    cdif5mrq2vis.jpg
    0gsesadujx32.jpg

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Stopping into say hi. This is the scene I woke up to this morning. It's supposed to be nice again next week and should all melt, but this is not how I have ever seen my birthday!la0srt6ls1pa.jpg
    ofrvy7nyktwk.jpg

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that my grandson and I share a birthday. This was our first picture taken together the night he was born and our birthday picture taken last night since I won't see him today.ti95z5ugbgzm.jpg
    lzfb1345p153.jpg

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Snowflake - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! and OMG on the snow. WOW! You can keep it! love love love the grandson pics!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Cooler here than usual, but no snow!! Drove home and brush fire on side of road (cigarette out of window or arson) Fire engine at scene.

Took forever to get blood drawn and I was fasting, so not too tickled about that. Ob/gyn went well will see what lab results are soon enough. Took self out for lunch = greek lemon chicken soup/half turkey sandwich and sweet potato pancake with ice tea (could not tell if I wanted breakfast /lunch so lady who sat me suggested the sweet potato pancake) also have cookie for before dental apt at 3 today.

Eye apt and mammogram to schedule and my medical to do list is done. Took long enough, isnt procrastination grand?

Lynn- thank you. Happy Birthday Tracey - at least the snow melted?? Hope you have a great day.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Happy Birthday Tracey! but you keep the snow for yourself! LOL

Wow, Sara! Sounds like a real fun day of doctor visits! Your lunch sounds yummy though. Sweet potato pancake is something I want to try now!

And in keeping with the showing off grandkids theme: this was my lunch date yesterday!
    8cbaafx2up7z.jpg