Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options

Wow you guys! Lots of interesting posts. and SNOW! OMG!

Today has been very very tiring, with appointments and trying to do some necessary cr@p abatement.
    Everybody hang in there~~

Lana

239.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Cooler here than usual, but no snow!! Drove home and brush fire on side of road (cigarette out of window or arson) Fire engine at scene.

Took forever to get blood drawn and I was fasting, so not too tickled about that. Ob/gyn went well will see what lab results are soon enough. Took self out for lunch = greek lemon chicken soup/half turkey sandwich and sweet potato pancake with ice tea (could not tell if I wanted breakfast /lunch so lady who sat me suggested the sweet potato pancake) also have cookie for before dental apt at 3 today.

Eye apt and mammogram to schedule and my medical to do list is done. Took long enough, isnt procrastination grand?

Lynn- thank you. Happy Birthday Tracey - at least the snow melted?? Hope you have a great day.

Oh I wish! It's still snowing a bit. It's not sticking on the roads, but it is the grass.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Tracey! but you keep the snow for yourself! LOL

Wow, Sara! Sounds like a real fun day of doctor visits! Your lunch sounds yummy though. Sweet potato pancake is something I want to try now!

And in keeping with the showing off grandkids theme: this was my lunch date yesterday!
    8cbaafx2up7z.jpg

What a cute date! Also, you look like his Mom not Grandmother.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Nice pictures ladies

There is a bulletin board at the ob/gyn of all the babies that have come through their clinic and I had to stand there and look - such cute babies. My dr was standing there and I said that knitting baby blankets for coworkers and nicu baby hats is the closest I get to babies.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Snowflake!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Almost time to snuggle up with Miss T. Discussion with dr had to do with what constitutes having gone through Menopause? Not an easy subject, but my pcp has been hammering on my age and therefore I must have already had it. My ob/gyn says otherwise. My pcp says my IUD is causing bp issues, my ob/gyn says otherwise. So many questions and confusion, it was nice to be upfront with ob/gyn and to find out at the moment I am correct in my thinking - for my ob/gyn 12 months of no cycle is what the first rule is for menopause, which I have not yet qualified for.

Moral of the story - my pcp meant well, she was trying to help my bp, but in this part of my health, she was incorrect. Cant quite do a victory dance as I know dr meant well, but I can breathe a sigh of relief for getting answers to a complicated issue.

Just saw "Kinky Boots" on dvd, not a bad movie and I can see why they made it into a musical.

Wishing all a good night.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for being such an inspiration!

Love all your pictures and stories. They help me get through the day.

I have an appointment for fasting blood draw on Monday. Then, I will see the holistic practitioner on October 1. My friend just went to this doctor and got some answers she has been needing her whole life. Hoping to do the same.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF.

Tracy, I hope your dr can fill in some blanks medicinally. Online is okay but sometimes too much info is dizzying and can be wrong info.

Eryn - pop by when you are safe to do so and check in.

Will put hot water on for water bottle, sinus infection has headache starting and back of neck needs a little TLC. Beautiful thing about Friday's at work - I dont care - so I will plod along and do my best and really not care.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can. TGIF -yes it is a 2 TGIF week.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday. I didn't celebrate yesterday, there is something planned on Saturday. I was not supposed to know about it, but when I started making plans and inviting people my daughter had to tell me to butt out. LOL

I painted the first coat in my bathroom last night. I actually loved the colour we had, but when we put new flooring down my husband didn't like the paint colour anymore. I have gone with a soft yellow. The floor is "barn board" grey. I think I'll like it. I will put the second coat on tonight. I needed to do it as I'm getting a new to me washer/dryer set tomorrow so this way the painting will be done and I won't have to move them later.

Friday at work, will be leaving a bit early today, have to go for a mammogram and bone density scan. They couldn't make the appointment for me last week because I wasn't 50 yet. So the day after I turn 50 is fine I guess. I have been having mammograms for a few years due to breast cancer in my family so the only new thing is the scan.

Happy Friday all!

• arniedog74
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Had my "yearly" review Wed. I say it that way, as it's past my year by about 6 weeks and I never got my 6 month. It went well. Think the Dr is being a bit picky on some things. Particularly my clothing. I am clean, but she thinks my collars are too low. We had this discussion at my 3 month, and I promptly went out and got new shirts. I had mostly V necks. I understand. I don't like people looking down my shirt. But, I now have higher necks, and apparently still not high enough. Other than that, all went well and I did get a raise. Yay me! I did have a small piece of the chocolate cake to celebrate. Ooopsss... thankfully, it's almost gone... so, much less temptation...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn can you wear scrubs? They have the round no collar tops that "should not" be a problem - if the answer to scrubs is yes, check thrift stores.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good “morning” all. Horrible insomnia still in play for me.

@arniedog74 I must have missed something... why does your doctor care about your neckline on your clothing? I have never heard of that before - ever.

All this talk of health appointments is getting me to re-evaluate my own commitment. I know I am due for a mammogram. Have to schedule with new network. Just got insurance this year and have slowly been requesting information to be transferred as doctor needs. Got a free mammogram last year in different hospital network than where doc works now... so at physical agreed to gat all that updated. Guess I should get on it, then. Hope everyone has a fabulous day. I woke up stiff and in pain... moving slowly.

Lurking from the shadows today... or behind closed eyelids as I rest. 🤓
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all - it’s been a while since I’ve visited so “welcome” to all the new people and “hi there” to old friends.

Crappy week at work (including a demoralizing conversation with a colleague) + days-long sinus headache & fatigue likely due to this humid weather = TGIF. Hoping to be able to sleep tonight - insomnia reared it’s ugly head last night. On the good news side, weight is staying stable.

Headed to a lounge chair by Lana’s pool and begging a C-boy for a tasty G&T. Happy Friday all.

Tess, in humid, dreary DC
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tess - begging the cboys for anything is not allowed, snap your fingers and they will oblige.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn can you wear scrubs? They have the round no collar tops that "should not" be a problem - if the answer to scrubs is yes, check thrift stores.

They provide scrubs. They are v neck... so, when I have to hold a big dog on the floor sometimes, my top gets pulled down a bit... so, there is always that chance... it's kind of frustrating...I try my best to not show anything...I only think she'll be happy if we wear turtlenecks...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    RunaMarti wrote: »
    Good “morning” all. Horrible insomnia still in play for me.

@arniedog74 I must have missed something... why does your doctor care about your neckline on your clothing? I have never heard of that before - ever.

All this talk of health appointments is getting me to re-evaluate my own commitment. I know I am due for a mammogram. Have to schedule with new network. Just got insurance this year and have slowly been requesting information to be transferred as doctor needs. Got a free mammogram last year in different hospital network than where doc works now... so at physical agreed to gat all that updated. Guess I should get on it, then. Hope everyone has a fabulous day. I woke up stiff and in pain... moving slowly.

Lurking from the shadows today... or behind closed eyelids as I rest. 🤓

I work at a Vet's office. The Dr is the Dr I work for. I completely understand what she is saying, in a way. One of my co-workers, big chested girl, hangs out way too much... in my case, there's not much to see...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn can you wear a shell underneath the scrubs or something like a mans undershirt so the V part is covered? Would be hotter in summer but might be nice with cooler weather coming. Other coworker may be in Dr's "pocket". At least there is an answer, it may involve more clothing and/or spending more $$ but short term loss/long term gain?
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn can you wear a shell underneath the scrubs or something like a mans undershirt so the V part is covered? Would be hotter in summer but might be nice with cooler weather coming. Other coworker may be in Dr's "pocket". At least there is an answer, it may involve more clothing and/or spending more $$ but short term loss/long term gain?

I'm just not sure what the answer is to this. Maybe, back to thrift store... the other girl has been warned as well... she has not had review... so, I believe something will be said. She only wears tank tops under scrub top...I did that once and was uncomfortable myself. I don't want to spend a lot of money, I have a tendency to get bleach on myself...soooo... thrift store is sounding like a plan...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    We had a place called "suzy's deals" and they also sold scrubs cheaply, so call around to see.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Medgear-Womens-Printed-Scrub-Top-ID-loop-4-Pockets-Fashion-Medical-Uniform-1039P-SPPB/220842608

Those are listed at $9.99 - got curious- but also check out thrift stores - ask everyone you know. I had 2 pairs of pants I donated to my vet as I no longer needed them. You never know.

But know it will all work out.

Did I mention I hate getting blood drawn mainly because of the results- I need to lose weight (shock) and I need more potassium, my daily banana is not enough. So for now, 10-20 minute walks after dinner and more broccolli and dried dates.

Okay my brain is now almost dead. Will be in hammock under Lana's Palm Tree with Miss T who needs a little extra TLC. Where are those cboys??
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- thank you. I am going home this weekend, may look around. Can't hurt anyway. I don't know that I've ever had a blood draw... not that I can recall...I used to work at Blood Center with my mom.. for whatever reason, she would prick my finger about once a month to check my iron... that was not fun... never donated blood myself, but was told the finger prick was worse...I think I believe that...