Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hi I've got an nsv. Now fit back into a fitted top, which means my stomach has got smaller. Also I'm back to using a fitbit, motivated to count steps again
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

One more errand on to do list today but weather is my friend and I can go later in the day - Michaels for yarn and photo boxes.

Making https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-baked-broccoli-macaroni-and/ this weekend - easy meals and getting more potassium / broccoli back in my diet.

Will fly by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles in 72 minutes. Not my best time, but I had a walking partner today didn't want to run off and leave her.
    Setting my extra alarm for my Monday to start off right.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all!!

@arniedog74 I understand now... I thought you were talking about a PCP doctor and that just was weird!! I hope you have luck with the shirt shopping at discount places.

@jtophinke Sorry to hear about such a hard last year!! I hope that you find your groove and get some great friends and motivation to get your money back!! Sounds like a fun bet program!!

@ErynVee Glad to hear you are okay! Don’t be too hard on yourself for the snacking... it is understandable. It is also kind of you to host your family.

I am getting moving slow today. Woke up in extreme pain and stiffness. Working on trying to push myself into a healthier lifestyle one bit at a time. Got down the tracking again, been pushing more water... now it’s time to push the activity. Been paying for a membership at a YMCA since July 2017... and have gone for a whole 30 min... time to get my money’s worth. 🚶🏽‍♀️🏊🏽‍♀️
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Recipe posted for broccoli/macaroni and cheese will be made again! Now to figure out the rest of my meals......Reading about sources of Potassium, potatoes/sweet potatoes came up. I used to eat a serving a day of sweet potatoes- so for now that is back on the books - early morning when it is colder. So sweet potatoes and 1 dried date daily. Broccoli when I can fit it in. Ultimately to lose weight I need to walk more like Saltine and less like a couch potato, so up and away we go!

Dog is up and fed and I wait for oatmeal. Shorter to do list today.

Helpful hint, I bought a "photograph" box at Michaels as they were on sale - they make great gift boxes and are reusable. I did not like anything for myself so I got one skein of pink and one skein of yellow yarn to stripe with black for scarves to donate.

Hope to fly by later.
  • aobrien769
    aobrien769 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Definitely me keep stopping and starting deleting the app and reinstalling I'm useless
  • Rocky_Runa
    Options
    Joined a virtual race... in the wonderful city of Moscow. I miss it so much!! I lived there several years ago, but it feels like just a bit ago.

5j6bc3a43jh6.jpeg

@aobrien769 I don’t believe you are useless!! There are ebbs and flows in life. Hopefully you can stay longer and have more progress now than you have ever before!!

Happy Sunday all!!
    Runa
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options

Hello All~~

Just sending up a Sunday flare. I will be back in a day or two.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    This weekend has not been good food choices... can't even really say, I ate in moderation. Endless shrimp at Red Lobster... it just kept coming.. plus, cheesecake! I did bring home 3 to go containers and shared with mom and step dad... so, that is not terrible. This morning, had breakfast at a great little diner, with homestyle cooking. I ordered 1/4 biscuit and gravy with hashbrowns...I ended up, not only with that, but 2 giant pumpkin pancakes and a loaded, sticky biscuit! Uncle decided he needed to let them know it was (almost) my birthday... so, I got too much food and a birthday song. Ugh... again, 2 to go boxes came home with me... the diner was Gpa's fav place to eat...I don't know why, but got overwhelmed and cried when they sang. Gma gave me a card, and wrote "Grandpa sure loved his first granddaughter" I lost it. Finally visited his grave after marker had been placed. Looks nice. I'm hoping this gets easier.... doesn't seem like it, right now.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Dawn - cant say it ever gets easier, you just get more used to it, if that makes any sense. Lost my youngest brother in 2001 and eldest last Oct. I grieve both every day. Losing someone you love just sucks. Period. <<hugs>>
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Sara - it can be so aggravating when your separate doctors dont agree. Even more frustrating when the different doctors within a single practice dont agree! Have had to deal with that before.

My gyn seems to think I should have already started &/or finished menopause, but my family history doesnt jive with that.(he was hesitant to replace IUD but my family is filled with late life babies!) I told PCP so he even took blood test to check hormone levels and said levels are not even close to being ready for menopause. (No idea what they look for to determine that)

Just keep fighting for your health and all the info you can get to make informed decisions!
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Runa - did you go with Yes.Fit? I will have to look up the Moscow race. How many miles is it? I just completed Cinderella and started Tombstone.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Eryn - good to hear you're safe.

Lana - I'll be pushing my lounge chair under your tree. Need some rest after keeping in the mountains all weekend!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Dawn - cant say it ever gets easier, you just get more used to it, if that makes any sense. Lost my youngest brother in 2001 and eldest last Oct. I grieve both every day. Losing someone you love just sucks. Period. <<hugs>>

Thank you. This is first birthday without him. So, it's hitting hard. Trying to stay positive with holidays coming. Trying...
  • Rocky_Runa
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Runa - did you go with Yes.Fit? I will have to look up the Moscow race. How many miles is it? I just completed Cinderella and started Tombstone.

@hickchic67 Yes, I signed up through Yes.Fit... the Moscow race is 26.93 miles. I am going to try and get a mile in each day. Knees are pretty sore after yesterday’s walk. I stopped off by the river and listened to a live band because I was so winded and out of shape. Hope to build up endurance.

myxtxs2zewrx.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Kathryn, what a blood test can determine is do you have the capacity to ovulate. My doctor was going strictly by age and statistics. Makes sense, but doesnt always work.

Dawn - first anniversary's are the pits, glad you got to spend it with family. Nice you have marker for him.

Leftover mac and cheese for lunch, cauliflower pizza crust with sauce and cheese- I will add chopped broccoli (frozen) and stuffed mushrooms (cheese and artichokes) for dinner. Will start oven with sweet potatoes and then mushrooms (longest of 2 for dinner) and then pizza to save electricity and $$ do them all in one session.

Not sure what to do with day. Hope I wont become a couch potato.......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Ended up tossing the stuffed mushrooms and may get a new cooking thermometer.... just wasnt "right" and would rather not find out about it.

Did take a surprise nap, TOM may be soon. So took nap I was not planning on.

Dog walk and then stroll around outside for 15-20 minutes.

Wishing all a good night
  • hickchic67
    Options
    wxvkaeg6bmm7.png

ok, this pumpkin spice fad has gotten out of control... :D