Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Sara - Congrats on the steady of weight. I hope the dentist visit goes well and you feel OK afterwards.

I have been up and down and up and down and up.....I'm doing it to myself; there is no mystery as to why. I cannot stabilize my emotions, so I can't yet stabilize my eating. Just is. I keep with it though; no giving up is possible.

Eryn, you wrote
    "Got my 3 stronglifts workouts in this week and a few walks! Man I feel so good when I workout, I honestly don't know why that isn't motivation for me to do it more, LOL. My husband always makes fun of me because mid-workout he is about to die and I get that "high." I start talking a lot more and its obvious my mood has lifted. It's crazy, but good. Need to remember that when motivation is low..."

I want you to know that you should be massively grateful that you get that endorphine high. I am jealous of you.
    I have never gotten it, from when I was trim and fit in high school and college and very active all the way to today, decades later. My brain chems never had what it takes, I guess. So you be grateful you have what it takes!

Sarah Pink - that's my new name for you! 🌸 I like your icon/avatar/cartoon.
    Well done with the losing of the inches and trimming up your body! Fitting into smaller sizes is SO wonderful. Good for you!

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracy and Tracey and Lynn and Runaaaaaaa!
    and anyone else who stops by later on~~

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

243.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited October 2018
    Was a very bittersweet weekend: 1 year anniversary of my eldest brother's funeral. DS lost a friend in an auto accident, he was only 20. We helped run the annual Jeep Club picnic and it was a great success. Spent time with new grandson.

I tried to eat well at the picnic. Main course was grilled ribeye steaks with giant baked potato. Sprinkled under 1 oz of cheese and a few french fried onions on potato. I only took roughly 2 Tbsp of about 3 homemade sides. Drank only water. Was doing pretty good until I got to the desserts. I only took about 2 Tbsp of each - but there were soooooo many that I killed calorie count. The bright side was that I did not eat to excess and did not feel overly full and horrible. That is a HUGE win for me!

Today is a holiday for everyone here on post except for myself and my guys. Almost ready to fall asleep because of the quiet. I even came in late this morning due to a sick kitty. I guess she caught and ate a moth last night and left a few "gifts" that I promptly stepped in as soon as I got up. Ewww!

DIL asked for dinners so I threw something in the crockpot this morning to take in to them tonight. Also have a few things in freezer that I will take to her so they can just pop them in oven for easy meal. If I had not had such a crazy schedule, it was my intent to stock their freezer with homemade meals BEFORE baby showed up.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Lana - you're right! I am definitely grateful for that. :) I do hope you feel better soon. It is focus on this when you're struggling mentally - I know that for sure...

@hickchic67 - I'm sorry to hear about your eldest brother. Sounds like you've been pretty busy and have a lot going on too!!

Today was a busy, busy Monday and I didn't sleep well last night. Tomorrow is workout day, and hopefully a much less crazy day in general!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good evening,

Back from dentist and by the time they were done the "if" was a "how fast can I get there?" to the local chocolate store. Midwest has Fannie May (good memories of those) we have Sees. Got 3 truffles and a small box of hard candy to put out at work as part of our Halloween decorations. Gifted 1 truffle and will gift the third tomorrow, so the dark chocolate lemon is mine after 8pm and will gladly stay up late to eat it.

too hungry to heat up leftover pizza with mushrooms I sauteed yesterday. Knitting/ reading and who knows --

Lana - keep walking when you can.

Wishing all a good night.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Today I walked twice. Once to playgroup and the other to drop letters off. Daughter is teething. Splurged tonight on sour cream but stayed within my calorie limit.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Sarah - my splurge was more caloric than sour cream, so good for you for staying within your calorie limit.

Scale will tell me all the bad news, so at least I got up and walked after dinner. Strangely I have had a chipped tooth for long enough to not remember what it looked like to have my two front teeth look the same.

Audit today - will ask how to fix and run away - and department meeting. Sup gave me a heads up that my crocheted heart donation will be one of the slides of the meeting - seriously not surprised, the admin assist loves to surprise people (I find it annoying and know its a power trip). So it was doubly good to tell my Sup about it before hand........

Food is okay - cookies after dinner not so much. Need to get back to herb tea after dinner.

So - wave to all who follow. Make it your best Tuesday.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello and Happy Tuesday!
    Had a good weekend and Monday food wise. My husband is working nights on a shut down for construction project - so 12 hour nights at that. So we barely see each other, but just for 21 days. So...I get to do what I want (: Part of that is just sitting down and eating veggies and dip and not worrying about anyone else for dinner. As the time goes - I have to resist the other urge - to sit down and eat a bag of chips and dip (:
    Also get out for more walks. When he is home we always have some project or something to do.
    In the 70's for a couple of days here in WI, but brisk change ahead of us.
    Prayers now to Florida and another hurricane. Not sure I could live there.
    Hi to all who follow!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Sara - Congrats on the steady of weight. I hope the dentist visit goes well and you feel OK afterwards.

I have been up and down and up and down and up.....I'm doing it to myself; there is no mystery as to why. I cannot stabilize my emotions, so I can't yet stabilize my eating. Just is. I keep with it though; no giving up is possible.

Eryn, you wrote
    "Got my 3 stronglifts workouts in this week and a few walks! Man I feel so good when I workout, I honestly don't know why that isn't motivation for me to do it more, LOL. My husband always makes fun of me because mid-workout he is about to die and I get that "high." I start talking a lot more and its obvious my mood has lifted. It's crazy, but good. Need to remember that when motivation is low..."

I want you to know that you should be massively grateful that you get that endorphine high. I am jealous of you.
    I have never gotten it, from when I was trim and fit in high school and college and very active all the way to today, decades later. My brain chems never had what it takes, I guess. So you be grateful you have what it takes!

Sarah Pink - that's my new name for you! 🌸 I like your icon/avatar/cartoon.
    Well done with the losing of the inches and trimming up your body! Fitting into smaller sizes is SO wonderful. Good for you!

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracy and Tracey and Lynn and Runaaaaaaa!
    and anyone else who stops by later on~~

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

243.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

I am with you Lana, up and down, up and down! Not quitting is the key for both of us.

I also never got that high from exercising. I don't feel better during or after! It is something I endure!

• Snowflake1968
    Just checking into say hi!

I had a nice long weekend, way too much food and the scales are showing it this morning. Hopefully it goes back easily in a day or two.

Started doing some of the crafts needed for the craft fairs coming up. Our first one is in 2 weeks! OMG 2 Weeks!!!!!
  • LanaCabana537

I am crawling to my lounge chair. I've spent the whole day on paperwork. My back is killing me.

Waves to everyone who stops by~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana- sending the new cboys over to massage your back and feet etc..... let me know how they rate.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Need some advice. My doctor / holistic practitioner said I need to be keto due to my autoimmune disorders. So, high fat, moderate protein, low carb. I ran my numbers through a keto calculator. That gave me 106 grams of fat, 92 grams of protein, and 37 carbs with cal count of 1469.

Today, I went to my Boot Camp program. I just received my BMR calculation. They said 74 grams fat, 100 grams protein, and 400 carbs with cal count of 2668!

I can tell you from experience, I won't lose weight on the 1469. If I don't hold most days under 1200, I gain. 2668 will cause me to gain five pounds a week.

Does anyone else have experience with such a BMR calculation? Is that a reasonable assessment?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    I am sorry I saw BMR and thought you were talking about a car - hope someone else can help!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Scale is not my friend - but that doughnut wasnt either - I stepped back and wondered how higher the ## on the scale would be if I didnt walk? So keep up the walking, get back into the water - that keeps fading away.

Flu shot at work, since I started getting them more than 10 years ago, I have only been ill once. And if I dont get the shot to be at work I have to wear a surgeons mask all day.....

There was a blip on my "Mr Right" radar screen - which has been empty for a millennium. Seems he wants children. Story of my life. But friends is not a bad thing either. Move on.

QOTD: How to stay motivated?

AOTD: I hate taking meds. Need to find another one to get me working at this a little harder.

Wave to all who follow. Yippee halfway done with week.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning All~~

Runa - that is such a nice photo of you. I'm glad you posted it!

Sara - Thank you for sending the new Boys - they are keepers. :wink:

Tracy - That Basal Metabolic Rate number must be wrong. Plain and simple. Think about it - that's the number of calories a body would burn if asleep for a whole day. It's the basic number of calories the body burns completely at rest without activity factored in.

I am 5' 11" tall and I used to be 6' 0" and somewhat muscular. 2700 or more calories would be what I needed to have each day when I was 35 and working as a stagehand.

Something is totally wrong with the Boot Camp's numbers. And, not for nothing, if they gave you these stats, going only by their silly formulas and likely some sort of computer calculation AND FAILED TO RECOGNIZE that this number was totally overboard and unrealistic.....I have big doubts about the entire quality and value of this Boot Camp thing. Yikes. I would run away and find something else. Can you get out of this Boot Camp?

BBL

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited October 2018
    Tracy - how did they calculate your BMR? was it just numbers they plugged into a formula or did they do any real testing like have you run on treadmill with breathing mask, or lie down still as possible in an oxygen tent, or place you in a pod? Those are different tests that I went through to determine BMR. Your numbers do not sound right at all. I would have them recalculate them or at least go through them with you and explain how/why those are the numbers they came up with. If they cant do that, then I would be leery of the rest of their program. Just my 2 cents.

Runa - great work on the race! i am currently doing Nessie. Next one will be Camelot or Zeus. Haven't decided yet. I am finding these virtual races fun! Do you set a goal date to finish or just do them as you can? I dont set a goal date because I never know what my schedule will be like.

Sara - hope audit & dept meeting went well! how did the dentist fix chipped tooth - a cap or shape it up with dental material?

I seem to be plateaued. Getting aggravated because I expected my surge in activity (from couch potato to walk/run 2 miles each day) would cause more dramatic results. Have been stuck at same weight for 2 weeks. I know I have to keep plugging away at it in order to make any difference but its just aggravating all the same.

AOTD: bought myself "real" running shoes. have to run/walk to make spending all those $$ worth it.

I did not get a chance to run last night and actually found myself missing it. I find that incredibly weird for little ol' sedentary me!

CW - 161
    HW - 216
    GW - 150
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Something is totally wrong with the Boot Camp's numbers. And, not for nothing, if they gave you these stats, going only by their silly formulas and likely some sort of computer calculation AND FAILED TO RECOGNIZE that this number was totally overboard and unrealistic.....I have big doubts about the entire quality and value of this Boot Camp thing. Yikes. I would run away and find something else. Can you get out of this Boot Camp?

Good morning, Lana,

Thanks for your analysis. That was my feeling too. The numbers seem really wrong. It was a computer calculation based on body measurements only. Does not take into account my autoimmune disorders or other issues.

I don't intend to follow their nutrition program. Since I won this session as a prize, I'm giving it the six weeks to see if I actually care anything about high intensity or if I just want to go back to Powerflow yoga instead.

Thanks again!

Tracy

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning all! Wednesday at least (: Interesting reads on the the BMR. I agree crazy amount of calories, but cannot speak to BMR. Boot class hopefully will be fun at least.
    Hearing struggles of ups and downs and plateaus. I hear that complaint and 2nd it.
    But NEVER give up. That would mean very large increases in weight for me and risk of disease.

AOTD - my dog motivates me to walk as she looks at me with those eyes wondering why I am sitting (:

CW 195.6
    HW 209
    GW 170
    42 weeks until my daughters wedding (:
  • Snowflake1968
    Crazy BMR numbers! I don't know a lot about it, but that's seems crazy to me.

AOTD - I have been struggling with this myself. The thing that is really keeping me motivated is I gave away all of my bigger clothes. I absolutely refuse to buy bigger sizes again. I have realized I need to buy some smaller pants though, just a couple pair to get me through this size.