Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    stewarm01 wrote: »
    Hi,

First time posting on this forum. Just wanted to say I'm screwing up my success and I see it. THIS time around I've lost 47 pounds fairly quickly via counting calories and walking 6 days a week.

I needed/wanted to lose 35 more pounds to reach my goal. Well, I got stuck at one weight for about 2.5 weeks and since then I've been on/off diet for about 3 weeks? now.. I am regaining and I've gained 9 pounds back I believe.

I decided to take today off and tomorrow and start again Sunday, (trust me it's a mind thing where I have to set a start date and pig out before)

Hopefully I can keep it up for life like I just was able to these 4 months prior to lose these now 44 remaining pounds and then to maintain.

Anyone else like me? How did you finally do it and reach your goal? Any other pointers?

Thanks

I have been like you twice lost the weight fast and then managed to get it plus some all back on. This time around I am taking it much slower in the hopes that I don't get burned out from doing to much. The only suggestion I have is don't quit. If you don't feel you were successful one day, try again the next! Everyday you try is going to be better than not trying.

Good luck
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Wow what a stinker of a week - seems like it has been longer. Let's celebrate by getting outside and breathing fresh air - to that end my windows are open to air out. Walking breaks still on plan - I have a group of coworkers who walk from cubicle to lobby and sit for their break - so I walk past them and get more exercise.

Anyone have any good weekend plans? Miss T has a spa day tomorrow, but otherwise I am wondering about next week meals.

Wave to all who follow. TGIF!!

We are cold and wet again today. The radio said yesterday that we have had the coldest snowiest September and October in recorded history. Combine that with August's smoke and it's been three months of dreary miserable days. I am dreading the winter to come at this rate.

My weekend plans are to clean while I have the house to myself tomorrow. My favourite time to clean! Then crafting most of the rest of the weekend.

• ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Happy Friday.

Successfully did my StrongLifts and couch to 5k workouts today... did some extra walking too. Covered about 3.3 miles! Happy with that.

Still working on that pesky snacking but doing better.

It’s been another long, busy week and I’m exhausted. Hope to check in more tomorrow. Hope all are well!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hi went on a march today so used up a lot of calories. Eaten most of my calories with bread and garlic butter as a treat... Its 4pm. So just salad tonight I hope. We have so much food in our fridge I feel bad not eating it :(
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

SarahPink - can any of your food be frozen for later? Later can be next week.....

Regular errands with spa day for Miss T - boy is she needing one. I almost typed "ready" - she is not ready, I am.

Pumpkins are on sale at one of my stores, so will see if I can get one for the kitchen window.

Freezer full of meals, so no marathon cooking which is a nice change.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Headed out shortly to weave baskets at our town's Oktoberfest. I've braided my hair and will don my dirndl shortly. Have a wonderful day!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,852 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It is SO GOOD to be back home in NC. I completely stunk while away--completely off program and eating like it were my last week on earth.
    Back on track today, I hope. I need to get my planning done.

Waving to Sara and Tracy and Sarah and Eryn and Kathryn and Missy and Dawn and Tracey and Lynn and Runa. Where is Tess? Has she been around, or has the Washington Swamp Monster eaten her for lunch?

Lana

OK here are the damages:
    245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana I am also pushing up to my highest (WW highest that is) and so that I got to get twice the walking in at the grocery store to find something they did not have in stock while it was annoying I decided it was extra steps........What does your planning involve?

Will see about getting a short nap in before dog spa.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hn4p5a6cemqo.jpg
    https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9914513

Just in case anyone is interested. Scentsy is having a 24 hr FLASH SALE on Monday...10:00am CST to 10:00am CST Tuesday...I will post my site so you can check it out. I really wish they would do it on almost any other day than Monday. That's our busiest day, always... ugh... anyway, if interested, feel free to check it out... Thanks for your support!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Home with dog, met a neighbor and her great dane and we walked for awhile. No need to walk after dinner with all my extra steps today. Now for all the extra water I need.

Dog back from groomers and she is a little stinker for the lady to cut. She looks all pretty again. I had chopped a patch of hair off dog and groomer asked me about it and I confessed so all is well.

Leftover pasta/butternut squash/spinach with chicken sausage in toaster oven.

Dawn remind me Monday - okay? I have some secret Santa ideas .......

If you hear loud snoring under Lana's tree, that's me (the other might be Miss T she has also had a long day).

Wishing all a good night.
  • 12Sarah2015
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

SarahPink - can any of your food be frozen for later? Later can be next week.....

Regular errands with spa day for Miss T - boy is she needing one. I almost typed "ready" - she is not ready, I am.

Pumpkins are on sale at one of my stores, so will see if I can get one for the kitchen window.

Freezer full of meals, so no marathon cooking which is a nice change.

Wave to all who follow.

Didn't think about freezing. Definitely can do! I ate junk today but stayed under 1200 calories.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Running dishwasher and washed hand wash dishes - cannot make oatmeal until dishwasher is done. First time to do this at this hour - but may not be the last. Crashed after dinner. So many extra steps yesterday, I crashed early.

Groceries then home. Not too much on tap, but need to set up a part of my lunches for this week.

Dawn - put your sale on my calendar.....

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sunday !!
    Even though I am now retired, there is still something restful about Sundays and anxiety-inducing about Mondays. Hmm.

Sara - Every morning I make my coffee, and I sit and have it at my computer, while I come to these boards and check in with my daily weight. What I must incorporate with planning is to then go to the daily planner (be it MFP or, for a short while, WW) and face that day and write in what I intend to eat.

Now that I have written that, I should investigate whether I can get myself to be a day ahead. So today, I should be planning out both Sunday AND Monday, and then tomorrow I would be planning/tracking Tuesday.

Well, it's an idea. Who knows, maybe it could eventually lead to (at least scribbled in pencil) roughing out an entire week. I'm visual - I need to be able to look at something.
    Sara - you already do your planning by cooking on Sundays and portioning and freezing. That is an amazingly great thing you do for yourself.

Waves to all who stop by later~~

Lana

240.0 today (Chinese food water loss + freezing in the chilly pool)
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Home with dog, met a neighbor and her great dane and we walked for awhile. No need to walk after dinner with all my extra steps today. Now for all the extra water I need.

Dog back from groomers and she is a little stinker for the lady to cut. She looks all pretty again. I had chopped a patch of hair off dog and groomer asked me about it and I confessed so all is well.

Leftover pasta/butternut squash/spinach with chicken sausage in toaster oven.

Dawn remind me Monday - okay? I have some secret Santa ideas .......

If you hear loud snoring under Lana's tree, that's me (the other might be Miss T she has also had a long day).

Wishing all a good night.

Sara - I sure will! Thanks
  • arniedog74
    Options
    i7s54y82mux3.jpg

Here's all the times for the Sale! Thanks again!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9914513

• 12Sarah2015
    Options
    Went for a walk today, hot day, so I treated myself to icecream which I rarely have. Son didn't eat his lunch so I ate if for him :neutral: Will be doing some dancing later today.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    192x1qbf547h.jpeg
    cvcx4b9cekqd.jpeg

Finished my virtual race yesterday!! Very excited about that. My map shows all the distance I would have walked if I had actually been in Moscow. Got new shoes... my knees, legs, and back hopefully won’t need so much recovery time in between long walks.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning.

Up 0.6 Walking and water this week and less of the extras.

Found out yesterday two of my favorite people husband/wife are having a hard time. He will probably not live to years end. Got angry and went walking, this may be a good motivation for awhile. Found a couple cards I can send. Seems lame, but when one sits on the sidelines and cannot do anything it is slightly better than nothing.

Drink water, drink water. There is a hint there I should take.....

Dawn - have your sale on the my list, not sure if anything will be left by the time I get there, but you never know.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work. Make it your best Monday.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Welcome to Kevin!

Good morning Sara and Sarah Pink and Runa "Pozdravlyayu!" and Dawn and everyone else who stops by later on.

*Waving to Cabana Boy for another cup of black coffee*
    BBL

Lana

241.0 today
    250.0 highest
    222.0 mid December goal (bwah-ha-ha! 🤦🏼‍♀️)
    185.0 goal