Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Our grandson's name is Rowen Asher. They had name picked out months in advance.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    snowflake - so glad everything went so well with the surgery! she looks happy with that popsicle!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Yes she certainly doesn't look like she just had mouth work done. I love your grandson's name :)
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    3is0rp0hhbfl.jpg

My second grandson made his appearance last night! He weighed in at 9 pounds & measured 19.25" He is a very healthy boy and pretty darn cute! (of course I may be a bit biased!)

He is such a cutie! Just wanna squeeze those cheeks!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Downpour just as I was leaving work so went back for umbrella would have been soaked if I hadnt. Thunderstorms has dog a little freaked, it is almost done for now. Humid as all get out right now.

That boy's face makes me wonder how he will look as the CEO at a board meeting when a bad idea is suggested....or maybe today for him its gas.......

Swiss cheese /mushroom/ omlete for dinner,

decided to crochet 5 layers of Christmas items - 5 of one with 4 of another and 3 of something else etc to make the shape of a Christmas tree with a star on top. Means I have all the items I need. I decided to Secret Santa 2 people at work and not yet sure who.

need to start dinner.

Wishing all a good night.
  • hickchic67
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks! We think he is pretty cute. Guess we'll keep him! :D

Feel kinda weird tonight. Am waaaay under my calorie count - but I'm not hungry. So do I grab a healthy snack even if I am not feeling hungry to not have such a large calorie deficit? Or do I just go with it and leave my calorie that low?

Sara- thunderstorms here tomorrow. I put an umbrella by the door thanks to your story!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

May have soup to go with my lunch today - depends on the soup.

Not too many changes since last night, though was up in middle of night and had to turn fan on. Humidity before thunderstorms yesterday was very Midwest like and we did not have rain in the forecast. Hahaha.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Kathryn - Congratulations on the new and very, very cute baby in your family!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Tracey - Glad your granddaughter is doing so well~~

Your foot is going to hurt for a while. Is there anywhere at all you can go swimming or do a water exercise class. If you can get to a Y or an indoor public pool, you can burn some serious energy, get all your muscles tones, with very little stress on your poor foot!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Waving to Runa and Lynn and Tracy in Tennessee and Saltine and Eryn and Tess and Missy and Dawn and anyone else who stops by later on.

Sara you had thunderstorms? Poor Miss Tillie. You have a good day - and remember that you have a few Cabana Boy interviews today. I'm worried that Mario may wander over from the next beach....he still has that blue cocktail in his hand.....

Lana

240.6 today UGH, travel
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - wow I was hoping that Mario had gone to the Senior Center. Okay, I see the memo - 3 interviews today.... hmmm nice photo resumes ;)
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I think that the establishment down the beach from us IS the Senior Center!!! 😆

Leandro will be helping you this afternoon~~

Lana
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Tracey - Glad your granddaughter is doing so well~~

Your foot is going to hurt for a while. Is there anywhere at all you can go swimming or do a water exercise class. If you can get to a Y or an indoor public pool, you can burn some serious energy, get all your muscles tones, with very little stress on your poor foot!

Lana

Thanks Lana,

You wouldn't know she even had a procedure last night. She had no restrictions except no acidic food and because of the anesthesia no spinning. Have you ever tried to tell a 2 year old that believes she's Odette not to spin? We only stopped her about 500 times and convinced her to just dance without twirls.
    h6dxv32rpr8i.jpg
    We bought her this tutu at a dollar store in the Halloween section. The sparkles come off every time she moves. My daughter described it best, "Mom it looks like you've hosted an exotic dancer convention".

I do have a place to go swimming, great idea!

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    OMG I am so glad I checked in! It is a quick one..work has been off the wall this week.
    Tracey - she is adorable in her dance outfit. Glad she is doing so great!
    Kathryn - also so adorable. I am very jealous. I now have 2 engaged daughters, so hopefully grandkids are in 5 year plan!
    Hello to all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF!! - wonderful pictures of all our babies.

Lady at work my age-ish got a job with the state, so I asked her before she left if I could ask her questions. Just curious never know what I might learn.

Her job opening might move the lady behind me to has felt stuck since she started, so more movements/changes possible. Roll with the changes as best I can.

Bored with my go to meals, cafe is having tri-tip tacos for lunch.

Took a longer distance walk after work and it didnt take as long time wise so that is an improvement. Was falling asleep at work so sugar was not the best answer but it was yesterdays so I had more calories to walk off. I know it didnt balance to zero - but better than being a couch potato.

Lurking as usual. Wave to all who follow. TGIF one more time.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday.
    Broken record here I swear - rainy and chilly. No walk this morning. Missed it even though it allowed me to snuggle in on chair and drink coffee (:
    Food = fuel. That is what I need to repeat in my head over and over and over. Maybe someday I will convince myself and stop overeating and putting junk in my mouth :neutral:
    Happy weekend!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Wow - some of us are really getting things done! Runa especially-yay! Good for you~~

Jeez Lynn - your Maggie is just gorgeous. Eight months already!? Time is flying.

Sara, those tacos sound good. I'm hungry.

Waving to Missy and Dawn and Kathryn and Tess and Eryn and Tracy and Tracey and Saltine and anyone who pops by later today.

Lana

241.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    RunaMarti wrote: »
    2gckv18jfa09.jpeg

It’s here!! Got the app downloaded and synced tracker to phone. Excited!!

Thanks all for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I appreciated it all!

Have to say that the new baby is SUPER adorable - he’s gonna break hearts!! And that sweet girl in the tutu is too much cuteness in one pic!!

Scheduled my mammogram today. Almost a month late. Going tomorrow afternoon. I hope it’s as easy as the one last year. My bra honestly puts more pressure on my breasts than that machine did. But it could be because the breast density was categorized as scattered. Or it could be because my breasts are as big as my head 🤣

Also stopped in to a local dentist office, set up new client appointment, did all the paperwork... and discussed insurance codes to see what will be covered prior to appointment. Super excited to have insurance now. I have permanent retainers and seriously need a cleaning!!

Called Medicare and a doctor’s billing department and got some information straightened out. Glad to know information now, but wish I had known before I ended up with out-of-pocket costs... so I could have avoided or prepared.

Now to head to friend’s house and go over paperwork. Her poor daughter had a psychiatric break last year and someone called the police to pick her up. It took five officers to take that little gal down. Now a year later they want to press charges of assault and resisting... she is a julvenile... but it still is putting the family through extra stress. Friend’s ex (father of kids) claimed he had sent in paperwork last year and now confessed he didn’t. So going to let her vent and look over papers with her. Don’t know how much I can help. But an extra pair of eyes that aren’t emotionally attached can’t hurt.

Hope everyone is having a good week!!

Runa - is that a fitness tracker? What kind is it? I had a fitbit but developed an allergy to the rubber bands that they use. I have been looking at the Leaf, but haven't made a decision yet.