Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Dinner done, knitting project just got torn out last night found out I have a Christmas deadline (at least she told me now....) so I am knitting at the computer.

Dawn, this week has been easy because I had all my meals in the fridge - leftover mustard chicken with veg and veg filled calzones. I am trying to not waste food/money, so knowing I had dinner waiting made it a little easier to ignore the naughty food. Planning is your best resource. I stink at it and so I have had to learn and relearn....

Very glad tomorrow is Friday.

Lana - sending good thoughts. CEO asked for our help and as there is no place for a suggestion box I asked if they could reinstate the "Innovator's Challenge" they have had in the past, and yes, I have been waiting for it to submit something - I won an award with a coworker the last time.....

Stay warm/dry and hug dogs / pets out there.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options

Sam - you must put up a photo of this teepee when you finish. I cannot quite imagine what you are talking about, but I am very curious.

Annie - glad to hear that your parents have evacuated. Safety first!

Dawn - dang nabbit - I forgot about your BF, so the cabinets and fridge etc. are not just yours alone. You can do it!
    Also, as one WW leader said "The Holidays" really are only a few important days--we need not treat it as the 5th Season of the year.

Everybody try your best to be mindful when you can, and give yourself CREDIT whenever you do something that is good for you! (a Beck-ism, I love that we can SAY that here)

Sara - I'm thinking we should have a special Friday Happy Hour tomorrow afternoon. I've sent the Boys planning and shopping. Some fruity seltzer for me please. And a foot massage.....and pillow fluffing.....

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- I have a hard time keeping extra food in fridge... BF sees it as a free for all...I wish I could be like him...he has a pot of coffee for bkfst, snacks all day or doesn't eat, eats huge dinner, goes to sleep, eats snacks or meals thru out the night, never gains a pound..he has a much better metabolism than I do... We eat a lot of chicken and veggies, more than anything else.. Fish too...when I did log, I almost always stayed under my calories...it was the Macros I always had trouble with...no matter how well I thought I was doing, protein was low, fat and carbs high...so frustrating...

I just noticed when I logged in, it showed I had logged food today and exercise... And, tomorrow and the next day... The date was in May! WTH?! Never had that happen before... Can't seem to get it to be correct date...very strange
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Sara- I have a hard time keeping extra food in fridge... BF sees it as a free for all...I wish I could be like him...he has a pot of coffee for bkfst, snacks all day or doesn't eat, eats huge dinner, goes to sleep, eats snacks or meals thru out the night, never gains a pound..he has a much better metabolism than I do... We eat a lot of chicken and veggies, more than anything else.. Fish too...when I did log, I almost always stayed under my calories...it was the Macros I always had trouble with...no matter how well I thought I was doing, protein was low, fat and carbs high...so frustrating...

I just noticed when I logged in, it showed I had logged food today and exercise... And, tomorrow and the next day... The date was in May! WTH?! Never had that happen before... Can't seem to get it to be correct date...very strange

So...I figured out it was a phone issue, not MFP...I have the worst time with this dang thing! Grrr

• TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    What a cool intro to a group. I had to drop and say hi. I did really good, dropped 20+, somehow it all came back. I shouldn't say somehow as I know what happened, but I don't like that it did. I am back on track again and working to improve me.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning! Hope everyone is in a safe place from Hurricane/Storm Matthew.

TMNMike - Welcome! Our weight creeps up on us but in the end we can figure out what happened and slowly change things and get back on track (that's what makes us serials starters!!), glad you are moving in a good direction again. Stop by and post when you can.

Dog wanted up early again and I made her wait. Okay she did wake me up, but I didnt want her to decide when I got up. The spray I got from Vet is wonderful for her hot spots.

Chinese Chicken salad from cafe so my bagged lunch was easy and last of the Calzones for dinner. Just have to muddle through the day.

Knitting blanket for coworker started and another knitter gave me an idea that I can do. So 30 minutes a day and I will make deadline without too many problems.

Lana - how are you feeling? Cboys are bringing by some chicken soup and foot massages.

Annie - how are your parents after evacuating?

Wave to all who follow. TGIF! Enjoy your day.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday morning

Disappointed to "officially" have a gain of 2.8 lbs since last Friday. It is what it is. Moving on. This will provide motivation to stay on track this weekend. Planning for lots of house cleaning and moving stuff back from the storage unit, so there will be some activity! I told the kids we could put up the Halloween decorations if the cleaning gets done tonight!

Need to take youngest son shopping for new jeans. He has holes in every pair from last year! I put patches on the insides of the knees last spring to cover the holes enough until summer and shorts weather arrived. The cold weather is back and the patches don't want to hold. Time to get something new!

Parents drove about 300 miles to Auburn, AL, to find a decent hotel room. They seem fine and I know my mom always likes an excuse to travel. She was sad that the hotel's outdoor pool already closed for the season. And there is no indoor pool. It sounds like perhaps the storm isn't coming in to land as much as they thought, so maybe it won't be so bad. But better to be safe than sorry.

Leg was feeling A LOT better yesterday. Today, there is some irritation again. No x-ray results yet, but I'm not anticipating anything very interesting there. Still assuming I'll need PT.

Feeling very irritated by my medical clinic. They have decided to merge with a much larger conglomerate in the area. I fear for service and cost. The conglomerate has not negotiated as well with my insurance plan and if my clinic goes to the conglomerate's reimbursement model, my office visit copays will go up $35 per visit and our family deductible will go up $800 per year. Our out-of-pocket for the year would go up substantially, as well. there is one other clinic in town who negotiates well with our plan, but I would have to change insurance companies and clinics as of 1/1/17. I have emailed my clinic to ask what the plan is for 2017 because if I need to start making changes, I will do so! I hate to change doctors, especially for my daughter with her ADHD meds, but I can't justify paying so much more for the same doctors/services.

Happy Friday!!! Will lurk from work.

Annie

177.8 Highest Weight Ever
    152.8 Today (Grrr! - I was 150.0 last Friday.)
    148.8 - lowest weight so far this calendar year, 4/8/16
    145.0 - lowest weight achieved with WW - July 2014
    140.0 - goal weight
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~

I have had quite the weight gain since Tuesday. Chemo-related support-steroid, plus silly eating the day before yesterday. (I am a daily weigher)

NSV: I am using my big cheap black and white composition book again to track my moods for psych, my meds for timing and accuracy, and my food for the day, all together.

Slogging back over to the East Side for a Neulasta shot at MSK. The appointment is 2.5 hours from now, but boy am I slow these days.

Sara - please take care of the Happy Hour. TGIF for all of you hard working peoples :smiley:

Lana

245.6 - Highest Weight ever
    228.2 - Today
    208.6 - Jan. 1, 2016--lowest weight with Serial Starters
    175.0 - goal weight
  • Ammey68
    Ammey68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

I stayed home from work yesterday due to daycare issues. It was a good excuse to work on the bathroom some more! We've now removed wallpaper, removed wallpaper adhesive (the toughest part so far), painted, re-vamped the countertop, removed sheetrock, put in backboard, and now tonight we'll work on installing the tile. Oofta. My favorite part so far was shopping online for new accessories! The new shower curtain arrived in the mail yesterday and it's adorable, and the colors are perfect. I can't WAIT for this project to be done so that I can show off the new room!

I have my trip to Charlotte coming up in just a couple weeks. I'll be flying alone, which is kind of exciting! I've flown alone before, but not since I had my daughter, so it'll be a lot more fun and relaxing than trying to drag a toddler through the airport. Maybe I can even have a couple drinks on the flight! Counting down the days...

Lana- Still wishing you lots of happy thoughts in starting your treatments. I wouldn't worry about the weight if I were you; just focus on being healthy! :)

Annie- I'm glad to hear that you had a good appointment regarding your leg! Sometimes you just need to go in to figure out what's really wrong and get it resolved. Also, so glad to hear that your parents are safe and sound in a hotel! My parents' condo is just blocks from the ocean on the east coast of Florida... Luckily, everyone is here in MN, but hopefully it won't be damaged.

Dawn- Any progress is good, no matter how slow. Congratulations on the good choices lately at work! That is one place where I really struggle. Just keep moving forward, small steps at a time.

Sam- can't wait to hear about your puppy teepee! It sounds adorable. Maybe you'll have to share a photo! By the way, I'm currently really jealous that you live in TX. I woke up to 32 degree weather this morning :( Please share some of the warmth from down there?!

To everyone else that is new around these parts: Welcome!

Today's Numbers:
    165- Starting weight
    147- Today
    143- Lowest weight
    125- Goal weight

(This bathroom project is so much work that I've been eating more bad food, because I keep telling myself that I'll burn it off while working. However, I don't think I'm actually burning many calories... So it's just an excuse for my weight gain since yesterday, since I was 145 then. Oops.)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Will crawl to hammock under Lana's Palm Tree- in a very naughty mood so I will drop things to watch them pick things up......

Brain dead from work today, hot shower before bedtime and I will be snoring.

Annie - Isnt insurance enrollment a delight? Sorry you are having to think about making changes but that kind of additional money can add up. I process medical insurance claims that were denied all day long, so believe me I am aware of people jumping insurance programs (just wish some people would not change every 3 months :s ....).

Ammey - I already know what Lana would say - pictures please.....

Over on my calories and today I am not sure I really care. Not by alot and it just is.

Waving to everyone from a calm quiet place under Lana's Palm Tree. Drinks are half price and appetizers are free and foot massages are twice as long as usual.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good Morning,

Dog to groomers today and as she looks over due and smells over due I am glad. Will try and pick up her medication today as well.

Weekend unusually full - having lunch with father. We were talking a couple weeks ago about a new car as mine is 18 years old. He mentioned a type of car (I wouldnt have thought about I was thinking Ford) and there is a used one and so I called last night and talked with a lady (same name as witch from work, has different last name so we shall see) and have an appointment to test drive that car. If nothing else I need to see how that car drives to keep it as a possibility or rule it out. I have to smog check and register the car I have and that $$ is the same as a car payment so I had to consider donating my car and getting a new one. At some point it is a "negative" investment. We shall see what we shall see, as a former supervisor used to say.

Pulled the last of the shredded beef from a couple weeks ago out of freezer, will use that to make calzones again. I will probably make fried rice for the other meals. Too tired to be inventive this weekend.

Okay essay over. I am going back to sleep. Will stop by later.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Saturday

Good morning to Sara - LOVED THE CARD! THANK YOU~~
    I got it from my mailbox yesterday and I was feeling awful going in for my follow up shot, so it made me laugh when I most needed it!
    Good luck with car. I've never owned one, so you are spared unwanted advice!

Welcome to Gem! Love your avatar art :smile:

I made myself a good breakfast today, trying to help the digestive tract along, which it did help eating earlier than I would normally have so much: 2 eggs scrambled with grilled asparagus, tiny 1/4 cup of leftover potato salad, prune juice, water, water, water. Feel like I have the world's worst hangover - same headache and body aches and no energy. Thank heavens I don't have to do a thing today. Got a total of 8 hours sleep. The steroids do nothing. They are just for two days. Worried about tomorrow; was told Sunday will be the worst day. And this is just the first of 8 chemos. Oy.

I need the Cabana Boys to distract me. I think I'll let my plastic cups roll away in the breeze. Sara loves watching them pick up things. Me too. *wink*

Waves to all who follow - Welcome banner is up for any visitors!

Lana

245.6 - highest weight ever
    226.4 - TODAY, down a bit - must be losing water gain from treatment
    208.6 - Serial Starters lowest, Jan 1 this year
    175.0 - goal weight
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I just jumped away from my post - bad girl..... Between to do list items. Still up - Groomer, lunch, car loan, test drive. Drop into recliner - in that order.

Gemwolf - we wanted an open forum so people could drop by anytime. Welcome!! and let us know how things are going.

Lana - I never know if my dry humor offends. Laughter during chemo/radiation is priceless. Find a favorite movie/tv show to watch while DH is getting a suntan. (some people have all the luck) Curl up with a heating pad/hot water bottle and let the world slip by for awhile. You earned it.

Lady at eatery who just had baby is back . I was thinking about her today in the list of changes I have had to go through this year and was thrilled to see her again- Dad and I will have lunch there so I can request her and see her baby pictures. She is one of the best servers.... Another young lady (most people are younger than me...) at Vet's is back as well, she is my emergency contact to care for dog, so that is a relief. They always ask if my dog is with me. I dont rate as well as my dog, which at the Vets is okay.

Wave to the rest, will be back around dinner time.
    **************************************************************************************************
    I had to find my numbers

187=Highest legally documented but I have done worse.
    161.8 =lowest so far this week.
    164= official weigh in
    137 = goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Today is definitely a curl up in bed day for me. Glad to hear that "your people" are back at restaurant and vet's. Good news. (All the young ladies are younger than me too!)

*flopping onto Beach lounge chair in the shade*

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Saturday

Forgot to check my weight this morning. Likely would have been up a bit, yesterday was not the best but not the worst.

Cleaned the kids' bedrooms (with their help), and the flooring in living room, dining room, kitchen, bedrooms and bathroom. Also scrubbed sinks and toilet. That was all last night.

Slept in today. Egg and toast and coffee for breakfast. Went out for our monthly "Grandpa & Grandkids" lunch and ate what I wanted. Grandpa is 91! (Grandma passed away in June and we have been doing a monthly lunch date with Grandpa ever since.)

Helped DD with some homework while DH mowed widow lady's yard. Will head out shopping soon. Jeans for our little guy and a new nicer/church outfit for DD. Also talked about new birdfeeders.

Lana - sending up prayers and positive thoughts that you are hanging in there okay. Rest and relax! Let the medicine do it's work.

Sara - you have a busy day today! Whew!

Hello to everyone else. Enjoy your day!

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Hi there Annie~~

Thank you for the good vibes - my headache has eased quite a bit!

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Ate way too much today. Dang weekends are a slippery slope. I can't seem to have one "bad meal" and then get back on track. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Annie over on points as well today. Beating ourselves up over it is pointless, aim for tomorrow.

Long day, tomorrow is simple by comparison. New car for me. Went to test drive a car I saw online and father said he would not have taken that car. I have a 6 year old Honda Fit with a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty and it gets double the gas miles of my current car and I am well under my top $$ and only over my monthly payment budget plan by $40.00. Now to get used to a new car....

Tired long day. Will crawl over and sit next to Lana and I will describe the men I saw today at the car dealership. One shy but friendly one had the CB potential and another one had so much charisma (in a good way) that he would work out as well. Miss Tillie looks so pretty after her grooming.

Bought more vegetables to make a cookie sheet of roasted vegetables tomorrow as well.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good Morning,

Up a little late for me to feed dog. She is on her 2nd course (1st course has medication....).

Slower day, luckily. Groceries and then home. Nap would be nice too.

Will stop by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ASalner wrote: »
    Ate way too much today. Dang weekends are a slippery slope. I can't seem to have one "bad meal" and then get back on track. Tomorrow is a new day.

Oh Annie, I know how this can be.
    I know the syndrome.
    If the day is done, yes, look forward to a fresh day.

However, every serial starter has been around long enough to know this one:
    ~if you tripped and stumbled down one step, would you throw yourself down the entire flight of stairs?

I'm just asking all of us to keep that little tidbit closer to our center of vision on the weekends or any trouble times such as holidays. I hope this helps and does not annoy.

*quietly stepping off of Sunday Soap Box*

Lana