Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Ammey68
    Ammey68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sara- I am attaching a picture of a bullet journal. It's similar to how I'm making mine. Basically, I bought a plain journal with no lines or formatting in it, and I'm drawing/coloring in my own calendar pages and making other organizational tools. It's a lot of fun and a lot of work, but mostly right now, I'm happy about having something to do with my time other than eat!

Lana- Thinking about you and I'm hoping you're starting to feel a bit better now that some time has passed!

Sam- I hope you're feeling better as well!

Annie- Good job on the .6 lb loss! That's awesome. Just keep it up and you'll be losing more before you know it. I wish that I knew of spots in my areas to hike... That sounds like a lot of fun. I guess I just need to wait until Monday the 24th- my friend has planned a hike up a mountain! :o

QOTD: I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow, and I'm hoping to get a new batch of salad ingredients for lunches. Having a healthy lunch always helps me stay on track for the rest of the day. I'm a big fan currently of spinach, seasoned chicken breast, and bacon salads. Strange combo, I know, but the meat makes it flavorful enough to eat without dressing or other bad stuff.

97kwwxh830bi.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good morning Ladies~~

Annie - Congrats on your .6 It is a good thing, even if you may be frustrated because you've been living in the same number area for a while. Think of it as your body settling there until its next foray downward.

Sara - We'll be waiting for you at the Pool; hope the dentist is good and checkup finds nothing to raid the wallet. Miss Tillie will be the Belle of Happy Hour, as usual.

Today I feel as if I have half of my battery power back, and that is AOK with me. Half batteries means I can actually consider taking a walk. Hoping for some health club pool splashing around tomorrow and Sunday.

AOTD: I have all the tools in my fridge, freezer, and cabinet. Fresh kale, chopped red onion, mushrooms, soup stock, pork tenderloin in freezer, cooked lamb cubes in fridge. Yukon gold potato to steam; roasted corn. Fresh spinach. Shredded cheese and eggs. Milk and orange juice. Plus Amy's frozen meals in freezer for fatigue. I am stocked up to make healthy meals for a while.

Lana

245.6 - highest weight ever
    220.4 - today
    208.6 - Serial Starters lowest, Jan 1, 2016
    175.0 - goal weight
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Didn't check in yesterday, didn't log anything. A weird fog came over me that made it too much. Taking things slower today. Ended up going to urgent care because of a third day of dizziness. Doctor was convinced I was pregnant, and when that came back negative (like I knew it would, and told her it would, but I digress), she told me it was leftover effects from that awful cold I had and tried to get me to do an EKG. When I refused she prescribed me dramamine. My body doesn't react well to dramamine, but I said nothing just to get out of there faster. I'd rather just be dizzy for another day or two. She was completely full of it, bless her heart.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Dear Sam,

As an older gal with health issues, I am worried about you.

In the future, don't turn down an opportunity to have an EKG.
    If you've never had one, they are painless and quick and can offer some view into heart health. Having one now can serve as a baseline. Take the track paper or a copy with you.

Many people, even young people, can have intermittent heart arrhythmias which can produce dizziness. Of course, many non-heart things can cause dizziness. Don't ignore it and hope it just goes away.

I think that 3 days of dizziness is significant, even if it passes. Make a big note in your calendar.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    I am in a rush. I won a free breakfast from the Honda dealership for my department, it was a total suprise. Got sang to on one knee by one of the men (cboy care package time.....). Off to dentist for cleaning. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - WOW!!!!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dust settling finally, rained heavily off and on today and I got in 2 of the "on" moments. We need all we can get.

When I say the breakfast was a total surprise, I had entered but I had no clue I had won until I walked into the room with the breakfast and all my coworkers. Sneaky people. I know have a tiara and a wand.... a bouquet of flowers, another nice key chain and some re use able grocery bags. My supervisor and manager also got flowers and those who had new enough cars got a chance to get a free oil change from the Honda dealership. Total win win, except there is a video out there with me in my tiara and flowers being sung to by a stranger and I had the clarity to ask him "can I take you home??". Smart girl.......

I took 2 muffins and will eat the other one this weekend. Points go into red. How often do I get free breakfast, flowers and sung to? Stuffed bell pepper in toaster oven.

Will wander over to the warm and sunny spot under Lana's Palm tree with Tillie and drink something fruity.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi all! Not a bad week, until this evening...I'll post more later...

Sara- so funny you mention tiara and wand...we were literally talking bout that at a MTG today. Congrats on winning breakfast. Wonderful for you giving car to coworker.

Lana- hope you are on the way up. I'll meet you under palm tree, if you don't mind...

I'll check back in, tomorrow. Good nite all...
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2016
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning All~~~ Dawn! Great to see you!
    Sara - OMG what a fabulous day you had. Complete with a TIARA!!?? Nothing beats a tiara and wand. Nothing. I am so happy for you!

Time to cut up some vegetables to cook and have handy in containers in fridge.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Aw, Gem! I hope you get better soon. What a way to spend your weekend!

Soup is good.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Where is Sara?

And Sam, with the dizziness. Check in please!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I thought I posted this morning...... where did it go??

Errands done and inside with Tillie - Rain is coming back soon - we had a break this morning between storms.

Lana- look for 2 cards later this week.

Dishes done - pot to make rice is soaking and laundry in dryer. Fried rice for dinner. Stuffed bell peppers tomorrow.

Nap time soon, bbl.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - glad that you were not abducted! Whew~~
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hi Lana! Great to see you, too! Hope you are doing well.

Popping in briefly, again. Finally Friday for me! Phew...not sure I coulda lasted much longer...lastnite did me in. Such a sad and intense evening. Heading home from work, my friend and I came upon a woman on the side of the road, holding her dog that had just been hit. Another friend of mine happened by and rushed him and his owners to the vet. He did not make it. So heartbreaking. His owners were so distraught. I can only imagine their pain. Definitely not a good way to end the day. But, there was no way we could have just drove by.

Welcome Gem! Sorry to hear yer under the weather. Hope you feel better, soon.

Waves to Sara and all others!

Have a great night!

-Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning.

Dog up medicated and fed. Me back to sleep a little. Groceries and then in. I shop at 2 places for the best prices and there are certain brands I prefer.

Dawn- I could not work in the animal industry - I had to get out of social services because I took too much to heart and while that's okay, it did wear me down ( I worked with people who were dying and their families). I was waiting to pick up medication for my dog and met 2 owners and their dogs (they were small dogs) and it was hard to just sit there and not speak or greet dog. Some people can and some people can drive by without giving a moments notice. Hope last night went well and Yay!! for your Friday.

Cooking more rice today to make stuffed bell peppers. Otherwise a rainy day for reading/knitting and oops maybe napping.

Lana - did you think singing Prince Charming whisked me away?? He was very married with 6 kids and delightful.

Wishing all a good Sunday. Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Keep fingers crossed, the car I donated to friend was driven off this morning and I can only hope they picked it up. Okay not too smart on my side, but I have copies of the forms I filled out transferring ownership. I told her to call me and tell me when she picked up the car, but it was so early. I hope I havent in trying to accommodate someone else messed up. I will see her tomorrow so if nothing else I can find out tomorrow. Will not do this the same way again if I do it at all.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sunday......

Sara - yes I hope that the reason your old car is gone is because the intended peeps came and got it. :open_mouth:

Dawn - you did a good thing.

I accomplished quite a bit this morning. Cooked many veggies and stowed them in the fridge.
    Feeling much better today so I went to the theater before anyone else would be there and got some things out of my office. Mixed feelings about whether I miss the place and whether it would be a good or bad thing to just retire and not go back. The money would be way less, but the stress would be too, and I'd be free.
    Have to make a pro/con list someday soon.

Time for a Sunday Nap!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lana - hope your nap goes well. Can your job become part time? or is that not worth the hassle?

If I get no phone call and I find out tomorrow she has the car I am really tempted to tell her after the blanket for her granddaughter is done that no more favors from me. I am even thinking of giving her the money back and walking away.

Rain is off/on here and have frozen lasagna in toaster for lunch and brown rice soaking for stuffed peppers.

I sent thank you cards to the Honda dealership and my new dentist. Cleanings are always so painful and she was so gentle. I have one tooth that is being a real pickle anyway, so that the gums are sore (root canal already done) and it is not surprising. I vote for yanking it, but probably not my best option.....

Was watching Buffalo/SF on someone else's TV - thinking of Liz. Sending her good thoughts.

Maybe I should put on some good music?? Options for Happy Hour under Lana's Palm Tree are up for grabs....

BBL.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you Lana and Sara. Being in the animal industry is a very trying job. Some days, I wonder how I make it. But, if it weren't for those of ud who love and care for them, where would they be?

Lana- glad to hear you are feeling better. Retirement doesn't sound like a bad idea. More time under the palm tree with those cabana boys..he he

Sara- hope you hear from woman with yer car. Maybe she was just so happy, she forgot to call. I'm always leary of helping friends and coworkers, they often take advantage and then its hard to work with them. But, you did a good thing, regardless. I hate teeth cleaning! I have extremely sensitive, receding gums. They always hafta give me extra shots....shivering at the thought. Glad you had a gentle dentist...

Very, very warm here again, today. Supposed to be this way for a couple more days..not ready for freezing temps... But, I was happy with low 70's and upper 60's...
    BF will be gone again this week, so won't be here much, if at all. Glad he doesn't work away often. Just this week and the next and he should be done.

Everyone have a good evening and week if I don't make it back... Waves to all!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I am having lots of trouble with MFP. Nothing is current. All posts are from hours/days ago. When I log in, it always starts at 59min...I'm so confused. I Uninstalled the App and reinstalled it...no better... I don't know what is going on...