Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Random question... does anyone where contacts? I am trying to find mine at a decent rate. I can get them where I got exam... but, it's over $200 for just 3 months. Tried 1800 Contacts. They have my left contact, not my right... darn Astygmatism... thanks for any ideas...

did you try walgreens? I get a coupon often when i buy stuff there - the ones that print from their register. I have not looked into other places either. I had a kind that fit me perfectly - LOVED them with my astygmatism. but they stopped making it. the next sample eye dr gave me sucked. I did not make the time to figure it out. I have another sample pair in as I type. we will see how this goes. So...that rambling means I am not sure how much I paid for them. Good luck! Keep me in the loop if you find a good spot!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Great sunshiny AM in WI today. but they are predicting 6-12 inches of snow W-Th! What?????
    AOTD - my daughters wedding. My new mantra when I wish to eat "bad" foods I speak to myself - "you deserve to look awesome in August at your daughters wedding. lets do this!" :smiley:
    Make it a great Monday!
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    https://savorandsavvy.com/2014/08/free-printable-menu-planner-and-more.html

This is the meal planning template I've been using lately and I really like the no fuss no muss, bare bones but still cute format. Plus kitchen inventory sheets!

Upper; Made all 5 lunches for everyday of the week with mucho veggies, lean proteins, and a hearty scoop of home made cilantro rice. Put together IKEA furniture over the week end so got a work out like WOAH. This room is shaping up real nice, becoming much more tranquil~

Downer: woke up too late to make breakfast and went through a fast food restaurant. I got the breakfast burrito because I thought it'd be less of a calorie bomb that their version of an egg mcmuffin or what ever. When I make a egg burrito with all the fixings: 500 calories max. Theirs: 990!?! What the heckie, it didn't even have cheese??? I guess this has to happen every so often to remind me why making breakfast the night before is unnegotiable.

ATOD: I just want to feel better, more confident. It's not about being skinny, I never will be skinny but I WILL be healthy.

@arniedog74 - Oh, man that's rough. I only have a slight astigmatism but I find that monthly lenses do better than dailies.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited April 2019
    Dawn - I havent been able to wear contacts since the birth of my youngest. That pregnancy did something that caused me to have chronic dry eye. That along with astigmatism, and now bifocals, has pretty much eliminated contacts as an option for me. Like others I was going to suggest Costco or Sams Club.

Sara - how did the couscous work in your meals? did you like it?
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    lklimowicz wrote: »
    Random question... does anyone where contacts? I am trying to find mine at a decent rate. I can get them where I got exam... but, it's over $200 for just 3 months. Tried 1800 Contacts. They have my left contact, not my right... darn Astygmatism... thanks for any ideas...

I use discountcontactlenses.com but Costco is a great option if you can find your brand.

Thank you. I will check them out
  • arniedog74
    brennerjlb wrote: »

did you try walgreens? I get a coupon often when i buy stuff there - the ones that print from their register. I have not looked into other places either. I had a kind that fit me perfectly - LOVED them with my astygmatism. but they stopped making it. the next sample eye dr gave me sucked. I did not make the time to figure it out. I have another sample pair in as I type. we will see how this goes. So...that rambling means I am not sure how much I paid for them. Good luck! Keep me in the loop if you find a good spot!

I thought about checking Walgreens. Figured they would be expensive... can't hurt to look, I suppose. I have very dry eyes... allergies and pet dander kill me...I tried Acuvue Moist and they were ok. I'm now wearing Acuvue Oasys with Hydraluxe... they are much better... not perfect, but better... the frustrating thing, you can buy 1 box for 3 months without Astygmatism... but, my Right eye, it only comes 1 month at a time. So, $30-$40 for 3 months/ left eye...$30 for 1 month/ right eye.. makes me just want to get new glasses...
  • arniedog74
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Dawn - I havent been able to wear contacts since the birth of my youngest. That pregnancy did something that caused me to have chronic dry eye. That along with astigmatism, and now bifocals, has pretty much eliminated contacts as an option for me. Like others I was going to suggest Costco or Sams Club.

Sara - how did the couscous work in your meals? did you like it?

My mom has to wear gas permeable, because of her dry eyes. I asked about them. They say, if you like soft lenses, you will hate gas perm. Same as, gas perm wearers hate soft lenses. So, I either deal with this or just wear glasses. Just frustrating...
  • hickchic67
    My mom has to wear gas permeable, because of her dry eyes. I asked about them. They say, if you like soft lenses, you will hate gas perm. Same as, gas perm wearers hate soft lenses. So, I either deal with this or just wear glasses. Just frustrating...

I have had both the soft and the gas permeable. The gas permeable gave a slightly sharper focus but the soft were slightly more comfortable. I liked wearing contacts instead of glasses. Then my eyes got dry. :( My eyes are dry enough now that contact lenses stick to my eye and its difficult (and sometimes pretty painful) to pull them out. The dr even had my tear ducts cauterized shut to try and keep tears/moisture in my eyes but it hasn't really helped. The oil layer that holds the moisture in isn't sufficient to keep moisture my eyes so I take lots of flaxseed oil, use lubricating drops, and use Restasis in an effort to keep the dryness to a tolerable level.

• Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    On what I plan to be my last start. I have been at it for almost 6 months now and down almost 50lbs. I am being a lot easier on myself this time around and it seems to be helping me stick to it. If I fall off I just get back at it the next day. It is slowing my progress but it is keeping it off. Meal planning is my next challenge to get over. I am terrible at it!
  • hickchic67
    oh, almost forgot again!
    14,347 steps Saturday
    3,778 steps on Sunday
    Had gorgeous weather on Saturday so we went to the tree giveaway at fairgrounds & grocery shopping for the month, then I planted 26 saplings and 100 bulbs and cleaned out flowerbeds. Sunday I was so sore I could barely move! Still feeling it today.
  • arniedog74

I have had both the soft and the gas permeable. The gas permeable gave a slightly sharper focus but the soft were slightly more comfortable. I liked wearing contacts instead of glasses. Then my eyes got dry. :( My eyes are dry enough now that contact lenses stick to my eye and its difficult (and sometimes pretty painful) to pull them out. The dr even had my tear ducts cauterized shut to try and keep tears/moisture in my eyes but it hasn't really helped. The oil layer that holds the moisture in isn't sufficient to keep moisture my eyes so I take lots of flaxseed oil, use lubricating drops, and use Restasis in an effort to keep the dryness to a tolerable level.

Oh goodness! I will never complain about my dry eyes, again! Contacts would be so much better, in my job. But, I'm starting to think, they're not practical for me. Having to wear readers..I have to stop what I'm doing at times, grab readers, finish what I was doing. Just nice when I'm in exam room not having to worry about glasses being knocked off... yes, that has happened...
  • arniedog74
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    On what I plan to be my last start. I have been at it for almost 6 months now and down almost 50lbs. I am being a lot easier on myself this time around and it seems to be helping me stick to it. If I fall off I just get back at it the next day. It is slowing my progress but it is keeping it off. Meal planning is my next challenge to get over. I am terrible at it!

Welcome! Almost 50 lbs in 6 months! Congrats and what's your secret?! I've been at, this time, for 3 yrs and lost about 3 lbs...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    8494 total steps.

Dawn I wonder if we have a good loss spell and then eat to celebrate which they makes us gain again??

Very humid and rain before end of tonight is likely. Time to snuggle up with Miss T and read a book.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    oh, almost forgot again!
    14,347 steps Saturday
    3,778 steps on Sunday
    Had gorgeous weather on Saturday so we went to the tree giveaway at fairgrounds & grocery shopping for the month, then I planted 26 saplings and 100 bulbs and cleaned out flowerbeds. Sunday I was so sore I could barely move! Still feeling it today.
    Wow - That was a great Saturday!!

• K9008
    K9008 Posts: 7 Member
    New to the group and 50 pounds to lose. I'm at my heaviest starting weight and terrified about that.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    K9008 wrote: »
    New to the group and 50 pounds to lose. I'm at my heaviest starting weight and terrified about that.

Welcome, K9008! We've all been there. You can do it!
    1. Choose a plan or a lifestyle you can live with.
    2. Ask for help when you need it.
    3. keep posting your progress here.
    4. and be kind to yourself.

Tracy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Tracy, thank you for your response to K9008. Welcome and post when you can.

Little crazy day here - new patio light put in so dog in bedroom. Maybe new dishwasher and I have an apt to get my teeth cleaned. Yippee!!

Stationary bike is not as heavy as person who recommended thought and he is wondering how safe it is, so I may have to make myself use one nearby..... If that is the case then I am buying a futon/recliner so I can watch things on my computer in comfort. We need a "rolling my eyes" emoji.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • hickchic67
    edited April 2019
    5316 steps Monday
    My temporary goal is 8k a day. Once I get that consistently, then I will go for the 10k per day. Obviously, I am not quite there yet. :(
    I really need to up my steps. Working at a desk all day, even with the standing desk, isn't doing me any favors. I will try to get out for some yardwork this afternoon, check on all those trees I planted Saturday. That should help get those steps up. If the dog can stay out of the pond long enough, I may take him for a walk up and down lane and around property lines to work on his commands. I hate walking along country roads, especially when we are situated between hills. Some idiots come up over those hills doing 60mph or more and there is not even a side ditch to step into, just a drop off. :s
  • lklimowicz
    lklimowicz Posts: 57 Member
    10371 steps yesterday
    Plus workout

Hit food goals but really sucks. Not a fan of this diet - sticking to it
  • arniedog74
    8494 total steps.

Dawn I wonder if we have a good loss spell and then eat to celebrate which they makes us gain again??

Very humid and rain before end of tonight is likely. Time to snuggle up with Miss T and read a book.

Wishing all a good night.

That may be some... but, I will honestly admit, I am not as dedicated as I should be. Another reason, I have debated starting WW, again. I really stuck to the program. Just wish I could actually go to a meeting. Trying to do it on my own, I tend to fib a little... going to meetings, helped me stay honest. I also don't have Instagram.... nor, do I want people "following" me...

Hope you had a good snuggle with Miss T...