Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Kathryn - I love those two things you posted. The one with the cat is SO true~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    a66t2x5copsl.png

evbrzy54ki4e.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    lnzw59gxvz67.png

for the dog lovers
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Finally got a day off. Had planned on finally taking pup to park to walk. Day did NOT go as planned. Something broke with our well for water. Can't get fixed till Saturday. DH has dug hole. Was going to be about $600 to have it dug and fixed. Should be considerably less with him digging hole. Hoping for an easy fix.... fingers crossed.... what a way to spend day off...

Now, I'm getting ready to cry my eyes out... the final episode of my favorite show, The Big Bang Theory is on at 7:00. No real idea why I became so obsessed with this show. Will be incredibly sad for it to end. And, Sunday is end to my other favorite show... Game of Thrones... think it's time to move on and get out...lol

I just watched the finale of Big Bang, there is a special on after Young Sheldon too. I think they did a very good job on the finale.

I cried and cried.... I'm a big baby... I enjoyed it...at least there's always re runs! Hahaha
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thanks everyone... thinking the well is fixed... and, only spent $18! We shall see. DH worked his butt off digging hole. Found issue, I brought him parts on my lunch and, he fixed it. I never get hopes up too quick... but, fingers crossed!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8577 total steps

long week and things start up again Monday, so lots of sleep will be welcome.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog scooting, love the reminder, keep things posted on calendar on wall and yes, it is her monthly visit to Vet, what one of the techs calls their "bread and butter" expression time!! Also need meds and food so all works out, but that is tomorrow Saturdays are too crazy.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-and-asparagus-lemon-stir-fry/
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/bbq-chicken-quesadilla/
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/buddha-bowl/

will make a couple of these this weekend/week. if asparagus is out of season I will use broccoli.

Will start border on baby blanket I am knitting and will start a new pouch - found cotton yarn in orange and yellow there is more somewhere - but will search when I need it.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~
    Love the cats and the dog in the back of the truck
    It's too early in the morning for me to look at your food links - simply looking at food photos can make me hungry 😊

Dawn - I do hope that the $18 fix is good and nothing else gives out. Plumbing/water problems are rarely easy because water corrodes or wears away everything around it. Also previous owners may have done a lot on their own and not well. Pun unintended 😁

I'm not yet settled and happy with doing the WW program because foods are so "unequal". I am a milk drinker, and the program puts a high point value of 5 and 6 on 1% and 2% milk, even though it is only 110 or 120 calories per cup. This all works out in the end because the chicken and the fruit/veg are zero points. I did count up the calories for a few of my days, and I am right on where I would be if I were doing MFP. So I have to adjust my thinking so as to not be so crabby about "paying dearly" for my milk.

Today I will be able to drive to the little farmers market - time to get a variety of zero-point fruits and veggies to make this WW easier.

*beach bag and sarong are on my favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

246.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Correction: 1% milk and 2% milk are 4 and 5 points.
    Yes, Alarmist Lana went to extremes -
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- so far, so good on the fix... you are right about previous owners... never know what they've done and how much longer it will last. Sorry for your struggles with WW. Overall, do you feel it could be the kick in the butt you need? I'm still debating myself... worlds worst procrastinator... that's me
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7325 total steps

Started raining around 2 - temps just like winter, so out comes my winter pjs for a couple of days.

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Evening all - This has been a frenetic weekend and I an hoping Sunday truly turns into a day of rest!
    Dawn - glad the well is fixed. FIngers crossed.
    Sarah - you are an unselfish person with your time and talents.
    Lana - I am heading for a lounge chair with a good book and an adult beverage. See you there!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Groceries, cooking and lots of dishes to wash. Suzu also hoping for a quiet day.

Rain in middle of night causes outside drip on window will ask someone to see if anything can be done.

Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Suzu- thank you! Hope you have a restful Sunday...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Lana- so far, so good on the fix... you are right about previous owners... never know what they've done and how much longer it will last. Sorry for your struggles with WW. Overall, do you feel it could be the kick in the butt you need? I'm still debating myself... worlds worst procrastinator... that's me

Dawn,
    Yes, it is a good change for me. I needed something different from the calorie counting I was doing. For me, WW seems more strict, which is what I need. They will never admit that they are exacting, but that's how I read the program. Some foods are Zero points, and other cost points, so naturally I try to build my meals around the things that are zero. I still end up spending all of my points by the end of the day because I cannot do without milk, and I do want olive oil to cook with and salad dressing and some of the Schwan's frozen veggie mixes - also some Trader Joe's - do have points.

But, most of all I want the meetings. I need to be able to go somewhere and hear people and interact with others who are losing weight.

I still weigh every day here at home, and given that I can do that in my birthday suit second thing in the morning, that is the weight I will go by.

Time to make lunch!

Lana

245.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - one nice thing about the program is now that chicken and fish and some other basic things are zero points, there is less weighing and measuring of those zero point foods. I can estimate size in order to track.

Tonight I had a dinner made out frozen hamburgers (Schwan's fully cooked), some cheese, some salad dressing....jeez it was a 26-point dinner. I was just so tired and stupid-hungry. I wanted a lot of beef. I won't get those burgers again though because they tasted so salty!

Lana

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - I know you didnt look at my food recipe links but they come from a site called Skinnytaste and she lists WW freestyle points for the recipe.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- Points worked for me...I don't know why... but, they did. I don't have a meeting to go to.. and, i'm not totally convinced that solely online will work for me. I used to track on here, faithfully... didn't see real results, so I stopped... afraid would be same with WW...I know i am full of excuses... but, if i'm spending the money, I have to be all in... mentally, i'm not quite there yet... some days, you just need a burger... thankfully, I am a chicken person.. so, hearing it is Zero points makes me happy...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6006 total steps

Nap and rain got in the way, but at least when I went to Vets it was sunny, I got lucky. Asked Vet tech who I knew also had an old chihuahua like Miss T about treats that are chewy, she recommended one and so far the dog likes it.

Both the BBQ Quesadilla and the Buddha bowl recipes I posted are worth making again and the chicken asparagus one I already have made a couple of times.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down 0.4 key word is down. Remembering many of the things I learned on WW this week helped. Like do I really need to eat this extra item that is more of a "treat" than anything?

Back to the workplace. One day at a time, and if need be one hour at a time.

New grocery store to try and save $$ and the savings are not huge but I do notice a difference. Dont have plain greek yogurt in individual containers so using rubbermaid.

Lana - before I forget a character on Are you being served? - Mr Mash used to use the word "starkus" to describe birthday suit status. British humor at its finest.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.