Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    Tracey - good to hear from you again! Congrats on weight loss! That is great!
    Suzu - yes my Dad has his wife, and she is a very good caretaker - sometimes too good. He takes advantage and does not do things for himself :wink:
    Sara - one day at a time! Thinking of you!
    Kathryn - stay warm!
    Waves to all - headed to the lounge chair - although 70's today in WI! Regular heat wave!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    r6ud3cqn3rv8.png

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options

Hello~
    Just checking in. I've had some lower digestive distress this morning, so I did not make the morning WW meeting today. I will see what times they offer tomorrow.

Sara - I like your Tuesday thing. 👍🏻

Lana

did not weigh today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2019
    Options
    9188 total steps.

There is no compromise with mgmt at work, must do it their way. I have only been there 6 years, but I wasnt trained by my Immediate Supervisor. Took a long walk afterwards. Sometimes you can see the writing on the wall, but at the moment not much I can do about it.

Also Sup said I had to call my ophthalmologist to see if I need to get new glasses. My eye dr told me my glasses were correct, so either I heard her wrong or the company is trying to "pass the buck" or both... who knows?

Just completely unimpressed with things work wise, so need to be distracted. Will be in lounge chair next to Miss Lana -I will bring Miss Tillie.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    I’ll catch up on everyone’s posts this evening or tomorrow morning but wanted to take a minute to thank you all for the well wishes on the interview.

He told me he liked me and if I had the financial management background I would definitely be the front runner. He is looking for someone that can hit the ground running and be able to do the presentations for their clients employees. I told him that Sarah had lead me to believe that that function would be a few months down the road and that if given the opportunity he wouldn’t be disappointed.

I have the impression that he and Sarah aren’t on the same page as to what the role they are hiring for is going to entail and it will be what they decide on that will be the deciding factor.

They don’t plan on making a decision for a couple of weeks so I guess I’ll know then. I know I have given it my best and I will be disappointed but understand if I don’t get it.

Thanks again for all of your support it means a lot to me.
    Tracey
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tracey, is there any training you can get even if its online to help you be a better candidate, computer classes etc? You did well on your interview, make sure to pamper yourself.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    He is looking for someone that has financial advisor experience. I have been studying his work on it for a month. I guess I could email him and ask if there were any courses I could take, but his concern is he doesn’t want someone he has to train or coach at all. The woman that I have been talking too the whole time that is his right hand has a different idea of what the role should be so, I think it will depend on which one of them wins.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- so sorry for your work troubles. I don't have any good advice. I do agree with everything everyone has said. HUGE hugs. Hope you find the answer your looking for.

Lana- good for you joining WW! I'm still on the fence. It's 95% money, (just had a couple new expenses come up) 5% not sure how dedicated i'm truly willing to be... hope you find a good meeting and you feel better..

Kathryn- it takes me awhile to decide. I'm the world's worst procrastinator .. hope heat issue is fixed, soon

Tracey- good to see you! Only 6 weeks till wedding?! How exciting! Great news on WI! Hope you get good news about the job. Then again, maybe there will be something better after wedding. That way, you will have time for visiting...

Lynn- glad your Dad is out of ICU. At least he is on the uphill road... love your Mother's Day gift! Is that Miss Maggie? You are welcome. How does bite look?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Using casual dress day passes I have won, seems my shoes are no longer dress code and it will be hot enough for sandals soon.

Made a note middle of the night to contact IT to see what they can do to help me read the computer. Otherwise I feel like a baby with a diaper on at work.

Today is cafe lunch so that part of my life is easy.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can at work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning everybody~~

Checking in quickly. I'm going to go to the 10AM WW meeting, so into the shower with me.

BBL

Lana

246.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Lana - good luck at meeting. I hope it is a good fit.
    Sara - hugs to you!
    Dawn - yes that is Maggie - looks black in picture, but it is brown. Her bites/lumps are still there, but getting better, so I think she will be good to go. Brand new Seresto collar on!
    Tracey - sounds like you did all you can do and now it will be their loss if they find someone else. Not sure they will find anyone that can do what they are asking...every job takes some training.
    Hello to all! Lurking...
    Lynn
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 - Have you tried increasing the font on your computer screen? I had to do that and it made a tremendous difference for me. It is under your Display settings if you right click on your desktop (Assuming you have Windows) It's about half way down the screen that pops up. I had to do that on my old work computer. I hope you find something to help you soon.

Lana - A lady in another group used WW to lose 12 pounds in 3 months. She thought it helped kickstart her back into the right mindset. I've been thinking about it as well.

Today I have to do a lot of crafting and designing for the Bachelorette, Shower and Wedding coming up. I am going to glance through the job boards and make sure I'm not missing anything exciting to apply for as well.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi all~

The meeting was good. The first week hard copy program materials seemed unhelpful because they assume that you will do everything on your smart phone. I am very resistant to doing things on my phone or laptop, but I will have to change my mind on that or fall off program.

But the most important thing is that the Wednesday morning group is a great group of 20 or more retirees, so I fit in well. I plan to go to at least 2 meetings a week if not 3. I need to just go there in person to keep the religion.

Time to do the recycling!

*tossing towel and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for Wednesday Happy Hour poolside*

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- glad you found a good meeting. Hope it works for you...

Missy- glad your back is better! Good luck at Zumba!

Tracey- share pics if you can of wedding goodies!

Lynn- that is such a great gift! Did your daughter get that at a local place? Glad bumps are getting better. Sure it was just reaction to bite. Can never be too careful, tho.

Sara- any luck with IT?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9269 total steps.

IT guy never answered my email. Seems I will have to get a pair of glasses just for my computer at work, will get a cheap pair of reading glasses at pharmacy so I can give eye dr (glasses) an idea of what magnification works.

Also will meet up with former Supervisor who works for the state to have coffee tomorrow. I have a couple of questions - like many people tell me working for state/county/city is different than working in the private sector, can she explain that to me? Why she left the job she had (where we both worked) I am thinking benefits is the answer.... and more about what the job entails.

Watching a documentary on whiskey, used to drink it, but the process and how big of an economy it is for Scotland and I get to see parts of Scotland..... so part 2 tonight.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Tracy - Good luck!
    Sara - Good Grief!! Have you got any leads that can get you out of that toxic stew?
    Lynn - 70 degrees! You'r having a heat wave!
    Lana - Hope the WW is good for you!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Suzu - I am keeping notes on my immediate lead who this week called coworker "rainman" during the meeting as a snide remark. All 7 people in that room could hear her including the person she was referring to..... "that's just who she is" has been the answer, but I document anyway - lady I am meeting for coffee tonight was a Supervisor from another company and she is the person who trains the new people where she now works - state job.

Cafe lunch today is a tri tip salad and a good one.

hrxmr4ssqj37.png

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Sara - I am curious—are you near-sighted or far sighted?

I am near-sighted, as is my sister. Both of us have had computer eyeglasses. The prescription is a milder form of our distance prescription. We also needed to have a “reading glasses” factor added to the bottom of our transitional lenses in our regular eyeglasses.
    If you still have good distance vision naturally, none of what I said will fit your situation.
    Regardless, I hope that you get some eyeglasses that help you.

That is SO BAD about your current supervisor’s attitude and the mouth it all escapes from. It’s good that she shows her colors out loud though--this way you all know.

I am so glad that you are meeting with your former supervisor--can't wait to hear her take on everything.
    - - - - - - - -

I just had a brainstorm, and I looked up the location of the Weight Watchers location nearest where the family gathering is at the end of June. Now that I have my own car, nothing can stop me from scooting out to a meeting or two during that week.

There are so many weight loss programs out there, but do any of them have the meetings that WW has? It’s the going to the meetings that is what shines about WW for me. If you have good self-control, MFPal is just as great.

Waving to Marselli/Meaghan (do I have this right?) and Dawn and Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracy in Tenn. and Tracey in Alberta and Lynn and Suzu and Runa and Eryn and Meagan and Birdie and anyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Lana- I will get a pair of computer glasses in a completely weird color so I will know which one is which - a couple years back I bought $300 pair of glasses only to have the software get smaller I sat there and cried. This time I will wait to see how the magnifying screen and pharmacy glasses work before I shell out any $$$ like that.

Meaghan spelling? is Marselli - who is the other Megan? we have had 2 at one time at one point. I am so glad you write the names down.

Pieces of your life puzzle Lana are coming together - glad you can use car to fully use WW especially during a family gathering - food is always available and choices may not be stellar.

Hi ho hi ho its off to work we go.

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2019
    Options
    4shwjgxarkeb.png

Just one more