Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Tracy in TN, I hope that your daughter had a happy birthday.

Sara, I'm glad for you that you slept like a log. Bummer about the neighbor!

Good morning Suzu and waving to Marselli and Dawn and Missy and Kathryn and Saltine up in Winnipeg, and Tracey in Edmonton and Runa and Eryn and Birdie and anyone else who stops by today~~

Lana

forgot to weigh, kinda on purpose 🥺
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Damn "Done" grrrr...

Lynn- some dogs are just more sensitive. I would keep an eye on it. If it seems worse, or Maggie starts not feeling well... even lethargic... take her in. I always worry about ticks. We do see dogs get incredibly sick. But, we see more of them just having a bad reaction. Can you tell if the head is out?That's the biggest issue. Nothing wrong with having her checked out. But, I think she'll be fine. What yer doing is perfect. Hope this helps...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Hope to get a little more sleep.

Roasted veg and chicken breasts - one tray in oven.

Rain in forecast May is winter's last stand here, so keeping umbrellas handy.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Good morning Sara~~
    You were up in the middle of your night! I hope that you get a nice nap in later.

I didn't get enough sleep myself, but my Do List is haunting me, with laundry being the worst thing on it. I procrastinated, and so today I will be wheeling my Old Lady Cart down the block to 9th Avenue in the rain. Serves me right. I have so many towels and sheets to do (from the last visit too) that I am taking it in the cart rather than carrying it. Wish me luck.

Jeez the scale is up. I guess it is doing my tracking for me, right? I've been a Lazy Lana up here in NYC.

I am thinking I had better cough up some money when I get to Chapel Hill tomorrow and get to a Weight Watchers meeting or two per week for a while. I cannot do this on my own--that's obvious.

*sobbing in my coffee*

Lana

248.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all and HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to all!
    My son and (i have a feeling soon to be daughter-in-law) left for a cruise Friday night and we are keeping Baxter-the-Wonder-Dog. Up early to let him out and it is a beautiful morning here. THANKFUL!! Was getting really tired of constant rain.
    Meeting my nephew and his girlfriend early to pick up an old Hoosier cabinet. (I love a girl with a truck!) It is in ROUGH shape, so this will be an interesting project. The last couple of days I've been working on a 1950s Cavalier cedar chest with very mid-century graphic lines. That has been a bear. Someone decided to let the kiddos plant stickers and wet glasses and anything else they could think of all over it. I have been sanding like a mad thing!
    Yesterday morning Mr. Mick and I headed to the downtown farmers market. pouring rain, but under the old Union Station pedestrian awnings, so stayed pretty dry. Lots of early veggies (carrots, radish, onions and greens) and fresh bread and flowers. Good bluegrass, and my favorite sausage maker (got his hot breakfast sausage with lots of sage).
    Later this morning will take Mick's 99 y/o mom to lunch after church. She is a truly lovely woman and I have loved her like my own for almost 50 years. She is one of the things I count as a blessing.
    Hope everyone has a great day!!
    nwesks17wvoi.jpg
  • Buttermcbutter
    Buttermcbutter Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Help! Can anyone keep me accountable I gotta be the worst at starting and stoping with my log book can anyone help me stay motivated to log my food every :( please feel free to add me thanks in advance 💪🏾
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Up to my highest weight in recent times. Not enough water for starts......I shudder to think what the scale would say if I didnt get all that walking in.

Took some nice naps this weekend with Miss T who will be thrilled with me going back to work this morning.

Grocery shopping was a bust when it came to my lunches. Will have to do some rethinking/reinventing my lunches. At least I wont have to today.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking as usual.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara - Do you have the day off that you don't have to worry about lunch today? I must have been sleeping when you said something important earlier in the week.
    By the way, how did you do with that vision test?

Waving to all who stop by later....today is travel day from NYC to Chapel Hill. I have indeed decided to rejoin Weight Watchers; now that I have a car down there, I can attend several meetings per week, which I know I need. Plus that's a good way to "shop around" for a good fit for a leader. 😉

Hugs to all~~

Lana

248.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Morning @Buttermcbutter - I have been struggling with keeping my log book going recently as well (once was fanatic about logging) and my waistline is telling me about it. Just juggling too many things right now!
    Maybe we can encourage each other??
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana my vision stuff went okay, my cataract in good eye is progressing but not enough to do surgery. I was thinking about you yesterday?? and now that you have a car, you have more flexibility. Let us know how your search for a good WW leader goes. Wrong week for Monday off. Will get Memorial Day though.

Dog wanted out early and we had to operate around the sprinklers and almost got hit by a set starting. Has happened in the past. Why they have to run the sprinklers at 6am I have no idea, just is.

Countdown to go to work, isnt life grand?
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Welcome Buttermcbutter - name makes me smile. Seems this group can be supportive and hold you accountaable if you wish! Great group.
    Lana - good luck finding a group! I am glad it will be easier for you with a car.
    Sara - good morning! Will be thinking about you at work this week - is this the job shadow week? Sending you stress free vibes.
    As of yesterday my dad is officially out of icu. Will be three weeks tomorrow since surgery. geesh. Knew it was going to be a long haul....only the tip of ice berg I think. But one day at a time.
    Got a great mothers day gift from my daughter. 7b7c8ixukkrl.jpg
    Hello Suzu, Dawn(thanks for dog advice) and all others who stop on by!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara - I LOVE those!! what did you make with the fava beans? i hear fava beans and all i can think of is Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs
    Lynn - that black lab painting is fabulous! glad to hear your dad is improving.
    Dawn - did you find an app to walk with?
    Lana - congrats on the car! that has to be liberating to have the freedom to go where & when you want

Heat not working in building and we have cold snap here. I am bundled up in blankets and sweater with space heater and sitting on my hands when not typing. brrrrrr.... last look my office was up to 63 degrees.

*Waves to all who drop in!*

*settles into a lounge chair to warm up in the sunlight and enjoy some zero points beverages served by the cboys*
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    All - Has anyone heard from Tracey?? Did she get the job? Wedding posts?

Thanks for asking about me. I just got overwhelmed with all the social media for a bit. I did not get the job, but have another interview tomorrow.
    Wedding preparations are coming right along, about 6 weeks to go now.

I’ll check in again soon.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning.

Last night 9632 total steps.

Missy if I got the milestones from the WW lady (she didnt give them out regularly) I wonder if would have stayed with the program. You earned your prizes, so celebrate and enjoy. 20 pounds of pressure off knees - excellent!

Sleep has been sketchy last night so I hope to get more before day starts.

Lady from cafe gave me 2 doughnuts yesterday - what a week I had - so one yesterday and one today and make sure to get extra steps and water in.

Found out neighbor in cubicle blamed his mistakes on my humming - gee I didnt know I had that much power. Will try not to hum too much in the future....

Wave to all who follow. bbl.

What kind of BS is that that he blames you for his mistakes. If I wa show supervisor I would call him out for that. Sorry you have a jerk to work with.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9730 total steps

Tracey!! Will think good thoughts on tomorrows interview. Yup I work with some terds.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Lynn the test is asking you to look at blinking dots when they occur, so far nobody I have asked likes this test.

I had that test last year, it was very difficult
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Wow I was 374 posts behind, needless to say I skimmed.

I managed to maintain all winter right around 180 which was 3 more than when I was done work at Christmas. Finally kicked it into real gear about 3 weeks ago and today was down to 176 for my 10 day Average I do. I’ll take it.

I have a couple of tough weekends coming up, I’ll see how I do with them. This weekend I am going to Calgary with K&B for a wedding shower his family is holding for them. Then on the weekend of the 31st I am invited to the Bachelorette party weekend. I’m going because Kaitlyn wants me there. It’s nice to be invited and it’s not a raunchy party, they have rented a house on a lake for the weekend.

Tomorrow I have an interview that I have been preparing for for a month. I have the one lady in my corner and she wants me, but the decision will be made by her boss who I meet tomorrow. I think if I don’t get this one I will only apply to things I really want until after the wedding. It is only about 6 weeks away and we found out yesterday my MIL will be her and my best friend, this will give me time to visit with them too. It’s really out of my hands after the interview.

I’ve been terrible at keeping up in here. I’ll try to be better.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Tracey in Canada - nobody likes the test, it goes as fast as you click - you can also click too much and invalidate the test (done that myself). Good job on weight loss. Let us know how the interview goes.

First of three days to be shadowed - it will be hard to keep my sarcastic mouth shut, but I will reward myself with a long break/walk.

Confession - was making chicken and roasted veg last night. Carrot rolled into area I had put ant poison last week. Did not think and threw carrot back into bowl. I will toss whole thing just because I dont really know how clean my floor was. Granted its a waste of food, but I am being safe. I have eggs and can make breakfast for dinner . Fava beans still waiting to be used.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Morning all -
    Lynn, I love that Black Lab painting! What a thoughtful Mother's day gift. Glad your dad is improving, but you may be right about this just being the beginning. Does he live alone when he is at home?
    Tracy, welcome back! Good luck with the interview.
    Sara, hope all goes well with the shadow. Stay strong.
    Lana - Good luck with the new WW. I've had work friends that say that the new approach is refreshingly welcome and they are having good success with the plan.
    @Buttermcbutter - What would you like to be called and how did you do with food logging yesterday?

Hope you all have a wonderful day - Warm up (or buy fingerless gloves) @hickchic67!