Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

PS, Sara, I don't have time to Google around, but be careful that ants might find cornstarch to be an edible food treat.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Lana thank you, looked up Peppermint and Vinegar (not together) are both ant repellents. Got to scoot to work.
  • damaddox7
    damaddox7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Starting Over Again for more times than I'd like to say. I'm logging my food down doing everything I can to be successful this time. Any words of encouragement welcomed.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    hello all! Have some catching up to do on this thread. Had a great time in CO. Put on steps - lots of them and hard steps at that. Hiked in mountain country - was huffing and puffing due to altitude, but it is so beautiful there. Sunny days in the high 60's and 70's. Hard to be back to reality.
    I will catch up soon. but for now I have to catch up at work :wink:
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    damaddox7 wrote: »
    Starting Over Again for more times than I'd like to say. I'm logging my food down doing everything I can to be successful this time. Any words of encouragement welcomed.

Welcome! Come on by and play when you can.

Tracking your food can be eye-opening. Are you using a scale and measuring tools?

I succeed when I stay accurate with my measurements.

Enjoy our little group!
  • drd715
    drd715 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I’m a serial starter. back in 2017 I lost 20lbs and recently gained most of it back. I’m looking for a support system to help change my lifestyle. Sooo add me!

Any suggestions on boosting energy? I work full time and go to school... by the end of the day I’m exhausted and just want to relax...

Thank you!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9776 total steps.

Dishwasher almost done, hand dishes washed and a load of laundry, bedding to smell like lavender - in dryer.

Lavender is also one of the scents ants dont like. Outside with dog just now I found a candy holder covered with ants. So it went into dog poop bag and got thrown out. Hard to keep ants away also when neighbors leave cat food out for the strays and just leave plates there. I really want to start a blog " I live with pigs" and write about neighbors and coworkers messy habits. I wont get to be a saint, but I would never think of spitting out gum in bathroom stall..... for example.

Okay time to wind down and call today done. I will be next to Lana on the lounge chairs, just got my romance book ration for the month. Oh for a foot massage.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Anyone have thoughts on a walking App? I have been trying to walk on my lunches. I'm just bored. I have no one to walk with. I just need motivation... something to keep me walking... Thanks
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    although i burned a LOT of calories trying to get as much heavy gardening/yard work as i could between rain showers, i "went off the rails" with a burger, fries, and frozen custard last night. i am back on track today and somehow managed to be way under calorie budget without feeling hungry.

Sara - use diatomaceous earth for pests. it is safe and non-toxic to animals. some people even eat it. i've heard some use it like a flea powder on their animals. ants & other insects wont walk through a line of it. from what i have been told, it compromises the insects exoskeleton and they desiccate. i use it in my garden and on my deck to keep the creepy crawlies away. it works and its cheaper than the poisons.

Dawn - the apps i have heard of are: Map My Walk. MapMyFitness. Walkmeter. Walking & Hiking GPS by Abvio.
    Argus by Azumio. Fitbit App MobileTracker (No Fitbit Required). Endomondo. Charity Miles. MotionX GPS. Virtual Walk.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Bought milk Saturday and didnt look at date on carton.....oh well can make oatmeal with water.

Three apts today starting at 11am so I am hoping for a nap before hand will eat half lunch before and then rest between apt #2 and apt #3. All in same shopping mall so what a deal. Hope to get walking in after all done to keep my # up.

Dawn - Kathryn had a better answer for you with apps, my 2 cents - better to walk then not walk at all. How about music?

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    Whirlwind around here catching up from vacation!
    Peeping in.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn- thank you! I will check into those. Trying to find ways to kick myself in the butt to get moving.

Sara- I am looking for something that will tell me to move faster. Music would be good, tho.

I will put in my thoughts about Diatemaccius Earth. I will not tell anyone not to use. I know people that swear by it. I have not had good luck with it, myself. Including, I used for fleas and ants... didn't phase either. But, I know it's much better than horrible poison.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    3500 total steps

Facial was fabulous as was hair color and pedicure.

I took extra walk to get my # up but am so relaxed I am just enjoying it.

Will do this again in 2 months (frequency keeps me in budget).

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Changing recliners again as the one is too worn in and I may put that one in the bedroom......

Cafe lunch - line at atm too long yesterday, so I am hoping my atm at work is working.

Dawn I was thinking if you had your favorite music to listen to when you walked that was more "upbeat" you might walk faster??

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Anyone have thoughts on a walking App? I have been trying to walk on my lunches. I'm just bored. I have no one to walk with. I just need motivation... something to keep me walking... Thanks

Hi Dawn~~

Would you have any interest in listening to audio books while you walk?

Check with your local library to get a library card; most libraries now have an app so that you can register yourself once, and then you can borrow "books" to read on your device and audio books to listen to on your device/phone.

Then, if you can find an interesting book to listen to, you could tell yourself that you will listen to it while you walk on your lunch times. So, if you were into murder mysteries for example, you'd have to keep walking every day in order to listen to the story develop and find out who the murderer was. I think that the old Agatha Christie books would be good for this because they aren't as long as some current writers are, and you'd get a lot of bang for your time.

Lana
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!
    @damaddox7 and @drd715 - Welcome to you both! What do you like to be called?

Lynn - So glad you are back and it sounds like you had a great time! I know your daughter and soon to be S-I-L were glad to see you. How is your dad doing?

Dawn - I like MapMyWalk if you are just keeping up with steps and route. The thing that keeps me from getting bored into a coma is listening to books-on-tape while I walk. I do the "one earphone on, and one out" so I am still aware of things going on around me, but this is the one thing guaranteed to get extra miles on whenever I have the time and opportunity. I have Audible, which is at a charge, but my neighbor has an app which is available through our city public library and the books are free to members. You don't get to "keep" them as your own, but you do get to hold them in your audio-library for a couple of weeks, which is about the norm to complete.

POURING rain this morning and accidents dotting the roadways, so heading out early - Safe day all!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Time to get in the shower for doctors appointments.

*tossing mystery novel onto favorite lounge chair for later....*

Lana

245.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Lana - LOL!! I think we were both typing at the same time - Suzu
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Sara - way to go treating yourself to facial! You deserve it - always of course, but especially after these last couple of weeks.
    Suzu - My dad is still in ICU. Seems like a very long time. Seems heart is doing ok. Just the rest of him - which is why honestly I was a bit surprised they would do surgery. He is diabetic, overweight and has kidney issues due to diabetes and pain meds. So...he is on dialysis because his kidneys aren't flushing the water out. The water is causing his lungs to struggle. So...the recovery is very slow unfortunately. I am pretty sure he is sorry he did all this. Hopefully it will be worth it.
    Dawn - I do not know of any apps to help you walk faster- you could try interval walking. Set your timer and walk- almost jog for 3 minutes and then walk fast(your normal walk) for 3 and then superfast, etc. Time intervals can be up to you and what work bests. do lounges for one of those sets? It breaks things up and also then increases your heart rate.
    Found tick on my dog today - guess it is time to put that collar on again. I hate all that medicine and poison going into my dog, but necessary I guess.
    Rainy here too, hoping to see sun later.
    Hello to all! Lurking.