Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara- PT is for shoulder/neck. I tore a muscle when I was young & stupid, never got it looked at or treated. Now dealing with scar tissue & adhesions. It's amazing how one muscle can impact others in your body. I did end up using a heating pad which helped.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    6736 total steps.

Missy!! take care of your back as best as you can. hope it is of short duration

I am watching one of my favorite seasons of are you being served and using lots of lavender for my headache.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Nice cool air so windows open and fans on for awhile.

Groceries, soccer and then cooking and napping.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all - Sunday dawn and promising to be a better day. Planted seeds last Sunday in little starter cups. Yesterday took the lid off the trays and they look GREAT. I will shoot some pictures and post once I get my laptop back. Motherboard went out and I'm using the Surface Pro. Grateful for the device, but no USB ports and will be glad to get my machine back!
    Worked at the booth yesterday morning and have it looking pretty good. I put together Mother's day baskets made from hanging baskets with coconut matting, cheerful garden gloves, fuchsia-handled trowel and rakes, a pretty live plant glass watering globes, and a citronella candle. Great grab-and-go-Woops I forgot" gifts. Found and fell in love with great little Victorian writing desk got it in shape and put it in this week. I't to the right of the bookshelf in the picture. I kind of want it. (rule #1 No falling in love with the merchandise!) Lol
    Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday - Suzu
    4vma8lk6fnej.jpg
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    @suzu_2 I love your booth! Looks wonderful.

I have news. Today, the scale was kind. I have dipped my toe in the 150's pool--159.8! I know, I know, barely there. But I saw it. Part of me has never believed I could get there. I never have before. What made me think I could now?

You. You made me think I could now. Having this thread cheering for me, having my two Facebook groups cheering for me, and having my Moose Sisters cheering for me has been the greatest gift in my life. Thank you for your support.

SW 222
    CW 159.8
    GW 145 by July 1
    UGW 105
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- hope headache is better. Good to have windows open. Get some fresh air!

Suzu- love the table! What cute gift baskets!

Tracey- wow! How exciting for you! It definitely helps to have a wonderful support group. You and I are same weight, now. I'm just not motivated enough to reach goal, yet.. Great WI!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Great news!! Love the posts.

I agree with Dawn - your baskets for mother's day are also good for mil, grandmothers etc.

suzu that writing desk would also be a good sewing machine table......

Twiley - I really hit a low spot this week and asked for help from a friend at work and it made all the difference. Keep up the good work.

Found in the sports nutrition section at store a chocolate pb2 so for one gram of sugar more I have chocolate peanut butter powder to put in my oatmeal and plain yogurt.

Headaches are improving, still dont see well at work..... rolling eyes.

Lunch is deli broccoli salad and deli deviled egg potato salad - this one on English muffin with banana.

Cooking is after nap after lunch - also need to get another walk in.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7203 total steps.

Dinner meal potentials are as follows - I have 2 turkey meatloaf and English Muffin meals, one zucchini boat meal (eating both halves), broccoli salad or deviled egg potato salad on the side, one leftover pizza serving.

Replaced heating/a/c air filter and turned down humidifier at night, washed blinds as they were not good. Would wash dishes in sink and laundry but too lazy.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Up 0.8 but made bad stress choices food wise.

I shudder to think what my health would be like (read Twiley's last post) if I didnt make myself accountable weekly. Oh the conversations with my Dr....

Ants - dog food is their aim. I need to pick up the stray pieces she forgets to eat. I also moved her food/water. They are called pests for a reason. Lets hope I got to them soon enough and they move on.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Morning all -
    Twiley! Awesome news! You have worked so hard for this and stayed the course. So proud of you for making and sticking to a plan. I know you will reach your goals.
    Hope everyone has a great start to their week. I have to head in early this morning to work on a problems that arose last week.
    Stay strong, stay positive, love yourself and those around you, be kind to yourself and have a great Monday!
    Suzu
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Tracy!!! Such good news about your seeing a new "decade" on the scale. That is awesome and motivating! Good for you~~

Sara - I hope that somehow little improvements can be made at work that you can benefit from and that will appease the supervisors. Gah.

Waving to everybody else on the Beach~~

Lana

247.0 today, obviously struggling with myself, big time.
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning Miss Lana - how is that walking group you told us about?
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Didnt have my fitbit on so I have no idea how many steps over the weekend. :(
    However, when I weighed this morning I am now at 154! Thats down 2 from last week.
    I have been staying within my calorie budget and tracking everything - Thanks to the Ultimate Accountability and Biggest Loser Challenges!

Tracy - great job!!

Sara - what is the status on the new monitors at work? How did it go with having supervisor sit with you?

Missy - ouch! take care of yourself. back pain is nothing to mess around about.

suzu - your displays are adorable!

Lana - when do you strike out traveling again?

Hope everyone is starting the week out on a good note! :)

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    kathryn, will get magnifying screen to see if that does the trick, still in "ordering" mode no install date as yet. I had sup and lead sit with me, too many chefs in the broth and too much talking behind me, but I lived to tell.

Good question, Lana when is your next travels?
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Good morning Miss Lana - how is that walking group you told us about?

Sara - The walking group seems to be a "pfffffft". They were a no-show the first Monday I signed up for, and I walked the trail alone, and it was too much for me: too long a distance and the inclines were difficult.

A second walking group, a Meetup group for 55+ actually fizzled and died because the current leaders bailed as leaders, no one volunteered to take up the baton, so that's dead. I did not take up the baton because I am often out of town.
    In the meantime though, I found two really nice walking paths that I am happy to do on my own; they are more woodsy and on dirt paths in the shade of tall trees rather than asphalt paths out in the sun, which is what the Pffft groups were walking on.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Kathryn - Congrats on that loss of two pounds. "When you work it, it works" Good for you!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    kathryn, will get magnifying screen to see if that does the trick, still in "ordering" mode no install date as yet. I had sup and lead sit with me, too many chefs in the broth and too much talking behind me, but I lived to tell.

Good question, Lana when is your next travels?

Sara - I am currently up in NYC. I arrived here yesterday from a short visit with my cousin upstate New York. I'm here a week for doctors and dentists and tests and visiting of the friend with the brain cancer, etc. etc. Going back home to NC a week from today. I walked 2.5 miles today just doing the dentist.

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Last night total steps 9800 - went walking instead of watching tv and knitting. Knitted while I watched something on Acorn TV.

Lana!! Glad you found a couple good walks. When I lived in SF I lived near a golf course that had a walking/riding path around it. Great way to walk and not deal with cars....also nice just to get outside and breathe.

Tomorrow is Facial/Haircolor and pedicure day. Walking extra this week because I know Sunday is extra grease (piroshki) day and tomorrow is probably Chinese food.

Ants have moved on for now, will see how much they like cornstarch next time. Someone said talcum powder works and while I have a dog, in my mind cornstarch is similar enough in texture, better than chemicals. I see a trail of them outside my place so I may experiment......

Took my budda mug to place where I get coffee/ tea/hot chocolate while on my walk - got 2 servings and sat at home and drank it as a reward for walking. Cant do that every night, but last night it worked.

oops another essay - sorry this is last night and today combined.

Wave to all who follow. Will be at work lurking.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Morning All!
    -Lana - I hope you are able to squeeze in some fun between the appointments. NYC is a great place to guarantee getting your step in if nothing else!
    - Sara - Glad you survived the eval.
    - Kathryn -Way to get on track! Good luck to you.
    - I wish I could get my head back on point. I know that I will, but right now my head just isn't there.
    - Meanwhile, the garden is going NUTS - Tomatoes are blooming. Lettuce is still good even though getting warmer. This weekend we got peas, beans, watermelon, okra, and zucchini planted. Did sweet potatoes and tri-color potatoes in a "potato bag" that has a lift flap for harvesting.

- kf1atdgqcjt7.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Suzu and Sara~~

Sara, I get ants in NC. It seems they come and go. I don't have pets yet, so I put out boric acid powder, which I have around for the pool. I hope yours stay gone.

It's important to have good places to walk. Walking in NYC is not what it used to be for me. I smell the exhaust, which I never noticed before, and the slanted uneven sidewalks are hard on my joints.

Suzu, your garden looks so nice! Good for you!

Waving to all who stop by later on.

*tossing mystery novel and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

246.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal