Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all - and good Memorial Day to all.
    - Laura, Welcome!
    - Sara, the meal planning and prep is impressive.
    - Getting ready to do lunch of baked potatoes and steaks on the grill for son and his girl. Salad out of the garden, and then I may pull up the lettuce and plant something else. The heat is getting too much for the tender greens and they are starting to bolt. Peas, beans, watermelons, basil, squash are all going nuts.
    307a8pkyn8k1.jpg
    urahurd7q9hm.jpg
    wgz622lw6eq9.jpg
    cf1wvqs8xk4h.jpg
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Above Ground City Gardening - Lol
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sara and Laura~~

Here it is Memorial Day Holiday, and some twit is out there using his weed whacker or leaf blower at 7:30 in the morning. Good grief!

Time for a shower, then a walk.

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Good grief what a pain at 7.30 am! You poor thing!
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Amazing garden Suzu_2. Really impressive to be able to pick fresh. 👍greenfingers
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    I just fought my way finally through my overgrown rose bed and reclaimed it back from the brambles and weeds. I have rose buds despite them having been choked in weeds for too many years! Amazing. Now going to get some rose feed tomorrow and spray them. They’ll think it’s all their Christmases come at once!!! It also earned me burning 845 calories what with mowing too so feeling good. I can see the results of my labour. 🌹🌹🌹🌹
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Tracey - you have been so busy with this wedding. Wow!

Laura and Suzu have been wrangling their gardens.

I did my walk earlier, did some grocery shopping - I was shocked that the store had very few customers. I guess people planned ahead and are enjoying their holiday time.

Maybe this afternoon might be a good time for a little nap.

Sara and Miss Tillie are over there in the shade catching a little snooze.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Last of the winter temps as upper 80's start tomorrow so time to get the skirts out.

Heating up oatmeal in toaster oven. Made 6 servings of apple/pecan and froze 4 to take to work. Hoping that it will keep some of the naughty foods away.

Back to work today. Lurking as I go. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

I hope that you have a good day at work 🤗

All day yesterday I was quite cranky, wanting foods and feeling off for not being able to have them. (Really gross stuff like potato chips, dip, cake, etc.) Thankfully none of it is in the house. I must stay strong and stop sabotaging myself. I must learn to relax in the consistency and comfort of doing the right thing and understand that this behavior is what will make me happy.

I will be going to Weight Watchers this morning to see what the Tuesday morning leader is like. So far I've gone on a Sunday and a Wednesday and they were both very good. Because the program is tied to online now, everything resets on a Sunday for me. (You can choose which day is your weigh-in/starting day.)

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

243.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • KMatovina
    KMatovina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    Morning all - and good Memorial Day to all.
    - Laura, Welcome!
    - Sara, the meal planning and prep is impressive.
    - Getting ready to do lunch of baked potatoes and steaks on the grill for son and his girl. Salad out of the garden, and then I may pull up the lettuce and plant something else. The heat is getting too much for the tender greens and they are starting to bolt. Peas, beans, watermelons, basil, squash are all going nuts.
    307a8pkyn8k1.jpg
    urahurd7q9hm.jpg
    wgz622lw6eq9.jpg
    cf1wvqs8xk4h.jpg

This is my next goal outdoors at my rental home...ready for some home-grown veggies and foliage!
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hello Laura @frenchfancy2014 wowee seems like a lot to juggle but you sound like you take it in stride!

Hey Kate @KMatovina HELLO FELLOW FLORIDIAN!!! Are you enjoying the record breaking heat? It's hard to find a good time to head out for a walk...

I'm currently trying to deal with living out of hastily packed boxes, we moved all my old furniture out of my upstairs room and into the room I'm renting out. Put together another piece of IKEA furniture. Saturday- Heavy Lifting.

Saturday- Cardio. We went Mini Golfing at Disney, walked all over the Swan and Dolphin resort area to the Boardwalk, took a boat to Epcot, did the full circle around the World Showcase, took the boat back, did the resort walk in reverse, and did another round of mini golf. 19K steps and 300 active minutes!!

Monday- Sleep....

Anywhoo, trying to reduce refined carbs agaaain. So I have a fajita salad bowls for lunch and salmon with veggies for dinner. Breakfast is, as always, a battle.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @suzu_2 \(OAO)/ oh my gosh I'm so jealous of your veggie garden!!!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Welcome Kate and Laura!
    Kate - your dog is precious. Many of us have cats/dogs and we love to see pics.
    I am VERY grateful today I am not hosting a wedding at my house. The future inlaws - wow they have their work cut out for them. Got lots done this weekend. Setting is beautiful, they have natural prairies that will be full of flowers. But then the wedding entails a tent and generators and golf cars to cart older people to the ceremony spot and then to figure out the bar, snacks, bathrooms, etc etc etc. My second daughter is doing a traditional hall eating place for reception and a church wedding. Pretty darn grateful right now for that :wink: Had over 20000 steps on Saturday and 17000 on sunday! Hopefully will help all the wine tasting we did!
    Suzu - LOVE your garden. My plants are just starting to peak out. Lots of weeds - that is this weeks goal.
    Lana - I saw a post about looking for 243 and it looks like you did it!
    Sara - I think I saw you posting about excel learning. Seems to be a pretty big need in my neck of the woods. It is amazing what some people can do on that program.
    Hello to megan, Tracy, Tracey kathryn, Dawn and all who follow
    Lurking and trying very hard to keep my eyes open!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Kate - someone else new wrote about her dog and we love dog pictures - any pet pictures. Robbie is adorable and I would just hug him. Miss Tillie my dog in picture got groomed so she is more soft and smells good. She tolerates hugs..... Bathing suits?? Heck no. I sunburn so easily it is not funny -

Lana I am glad WW has not gone completely computer as I fear it might. Hope you find a good teacher today - do you pay by the visit or the week?
  • jdaniels115
    jdaniels115 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm back at it (again...again...again...), and I definitely need some support! My husband works weird hours and I have a 5-year-old daughter, so it ends up being just she and I a lot of nights. This also means I don't get a lot of "me" time to work out. Plus, I teach high school, so that equals exhaustion to the max! I could really use some help staying on track, so if anyone wants to add me, please do!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Kate - I would love to live close to a beach and be in the heat. I have always been landlocked though and now miss the woods and forests I grew up in. LOL @ laid on the beach.... Is that as romantic as it seems to be in movies? I don't think it would be.

Lynn - My daughter looked at a venue that was going to require port a potties, generators and such.... by the time all of those costs were added in it was way over budget. The place she is getting married at is all inclusive including the cleaning up afterwards. I bet your wedding will be beautiful. When is it again? In a couple of weeks isn't it?

I am just waiting for my daughter to come get me, we have 8 stops to make on our excursion today not including her getting her nails done. I told my husband not to expect to see me until tomorrow. It should be a fun day and I'm looking forward to some alone time with her as it happens so rarely.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tracey - the venue is at his parents farm - they have some $. it will be as much if not more than a "normal" venue, but it is what they decided they wanted. The tent, and settings are being put up by tent co and caterer. We have to to set up the ceremony area and then the area for bar and cocktails. Porta potty co is doing their job. But is is a huge deal....I will be there to assist of course, but if it were my place - i would be freaking out. Wedding is 8/3. less than 10 weeks! yours if first if I remember right :smile:
  • KMatovina
    KMatovina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 - Duly noted, I'm happy to post more pet pictures. Tillie looks like a papillon...an old friend of mine had a couple of them and there were soooo cute!

@Snowflake1968 - I can imagine being near the woods growing up is amazing, something very magical about the forest's energy. And no, getting laid on a beach is nowhere near what they make it out to be in the movies...but it's still fun! LOL

@jdaniels115 - I saw you're looking for adds. I'm happy to add you if you want more accountability, I'm definitely in the same boat and have reached out to this awesome group for some extra help too! Welcome, or welcome back, whichever the case may be!

I'll get names down better as I go, promise promise. Hope you guys have an awesome day!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Made it back home from AL last night. The tornadoes in IN were a bit north of our house, but did roll over into OH where our oldest lives. Finally heard from him this morning, said tornadoes did not directly hit their area. They are okay, just no electricity right now. Not expected to get it back on for a couple days.

Am exhausted from our trip. The weather down was beautiful but really hot & humid. We do not have a/c in the Jeep, just a small fan. The fan died while we were on the trails. The heat also killed a couple of our little go-pro knockoff cameras, baked them while in windshield and on hot black metal bumpers. I went through a little over a gallon of water a day and I think every ounce just ran out of my pores! Clothes were soaked in sweat, mud, and blood (from a tangle with an unfriendly thorn bush). But it was FUN! Enjoyed the new offroad park immensely! Already trying to plan a trip back there -- when its cooler!!
    d3oix28l1c9c.jpg
    jaqtacltltnv.jpg
    po89n74z2pk9.jpg
    3c0al6pu35eb.jpg

The meals were all either restaurants or catered meals. I got out of the Jeep and took pics/vids of everyone in group as they went over/thru obstacles, so I got more than my fair share of steps in. I was hoping all the extra activity would offset the bulk of those calories - about 17-21k steps per day.

I weighed this morning - ugh! - 162.0, last Monday I was at 153.7. (Keeping my fingers crossed that is mostly water weight from all the eating out.)
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh my goodness Ladies - I leave the Cabana Club for the daytime, and the thread/board explodes with activity! This gets me all flustered, so apologies if I miss anyone.

Hey Meghan - why is breakfast a battle for you? Is there anything we can help with?
    Sara has really mastered oatmeal and it's advantages; check out her recent posts!
    I tend towards making a batch of hard-boiled eggs in the summertime and having one or two of them + smoked salmon or ham and a cup of milk for mine. Easy, no cooking, and it's got a lot of protein to keep me going.

Lana