Good morning~~ One eye is open.....

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    I am very late reading and catching up today, it's been a busy day with the Grands here. I did take a little time for myself and made a new Welcome sign for our door. I also stained the new bathroom door, but I'm not very happy with it, I'll try another coat tomorrow and if it's still not right I may end up painting it.

I am having a very calorie heavy supper tonight, lasagna with caeser salad and buns. I am not going to regret it, I have been craving it for a while now.

Hopefully I can check in earlier tomorrow.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Options
    6615 total steps

Downloading window office for a year on my computer so I can learn more about excel and make resumes.....

Amy's organic spinach lasagna for dinner.

Tomorrow is a cooking day - roasted vegetables and baking chicken breasts with sesame oil/honey and soy sauce will use both in many ways the next couple of days.

Also making a large portion of oatmeal (apple and pecan one half and cheese the other half) and freeze to serve with fried eggs for a small dinner or a snack at work.

Window open and fan is on. Dog looks beautiful and will get many compliments in the next couple of days.

Timer for dinner. Wishing all a good night
  • KMatovina
    KMatovina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm new to this group and to the MFP Community in general. I thought this would be an appropriate place for me to start since I have literally lost count of how many times I've restarted this weight loss/healthy lifestyle business.

My name is Kate, I'm based out of Florida, 33-year-old single mom of one working 2 jobs and returning to school for the first time in 10 years. In the last few weeks, I have re-started with my original weight loss goals of getting my weight back down to 160, which is a long way off for me at the moment. I was on a good track last summer doing crossfit and a protein-heavy diet regiment to boost muscle growth until I was in a car accident in August and set off all sorts of fun health events for me. Since then I've put back on more weight than I lost in the 6 months I participated with crossfit. To add, my doctors have pointed out some slightly high numbers in my labwork that would definitely be resolved with better eating and exercise.

I'm definitely looking for support this time. I am typically the annoyingly independent person who just HAS to do everything her own way and go it alone no matter how difficult the task or how much help is offered. I thought better this time around. I actively involve my son and boyfriend in my diet routine and my lifestyle changes, and I'm reaching out here to add a little extra support. Hoping I have others here who know that real struggle with the yo-yo life and repeatedly getting to this point of starting over.

I'm off to a good start, slow but I can see the progress. I am logging daily and staying within my calorie range, and we've been going on weekly bike rides as a family either in the mornings or evenings when it doesn't feel like the surface of the sun outside. My next goal is to get back in the gym at least twice a week for 30 minutes to start and add a short walk in the morning with my dog (something I was doing regularly until my accident injuries took a turn for the worse last fall).

Wishing everyone well over the long weekend!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Got to sleep in a little today as it is not a work day. Rain now and small chance rest of day.

Welcome Kate! Dog pictures? Stop by and post when you can.

Rented Microsoft Office for a year so I can feel better about excel and make resumes. Today is groceries and cooking so a quiet day here, may spend time in new software.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara~~
    So Miss Tillie is looking gorgeous, eh? That's cool!

Welcome to Kate~
    You must post dog photo here

Waving to all who stop by later on~

Lana

246.0 today - must find that 243.0 of last week 🥺
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory of sorts?

I had to shorten the strap on my cross-body purse. :D
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all!! Did 4 miles yesterday morning, then poured candles with a friend and got my booth moved yesterday afternoon. totaled out to 16,567 steps and 8 floors climbed after several trips up and down the ladder. I was sooooo tired by end of day I don't even remember falling in bed.
    This morning house and laundry, then scrubbed down the screen porch and got it open for the season. I love to sit out there at night with the fan and the radio on, and a screen porch is the only thing that will keep the mosquitos from carrying you away in Tennessee. I was a sweaty mess by the time I finished, so fresh out of the shower and into a sundress and sandals time.
    Welcome Kate!
    Twiley - Every victory counts!
    Have a great long weekend all
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    1 pork loin and 2 chicken breasts in fridge marinating (other 4 pork loins in freeze) - break between cooking. Zucchini and sweet potatoes will roast. Got 2 of my vegetarian meals I take for lunch and a bagged salad for part of the chicken. Kept under $70.00 which has been my goal for awhile. Yes, I just rolled my eyes at myself.

French Fancy - welcome!! Just thinking of 16k makes me tired. Like Suzu I know when I am near 10K on my pedometer and sleep is just closing my eyes.

Cold weather here and rain is testing my joints.

Will go and take a virtual tour of excel and a nice walk later.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome to French Fancy~ What's your name and where do you live?

Tracy in Tennessee - Yes indeed I would consider it a NSV to have to shorten the strap on the cross body bag!

Sara - You certainly did get a lot done today. I didn't know it is raining where you are---jeez on those joints! Time to put your feet up and relax.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    5971 total steps

Rained off and on so it was hard to know when to go walking. Tomorrow I will make sure to.

Will make a large pot of oatmeal and make 6 servings and freeze 4 portions - apple and pecan only. I can use the cheese for other things.

Wishing all a good night.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome to French Fancy~ What's your name and where do you live?

Tracy in Tennessee - Yes indeed I would consider it a NSV to have to shorten the strap on the cross body bag!

Sara - You certainly did get a lot done today. I didn't know it is raining where you are---jeez on those joints! Time to put your feet up and relax.

Lana

Hi there Lana,

Laura from England. I live in East Sussex and split my time between France and UK. My other half is a French farmer so I live out of a suitcase most weekends running between my place in France, his place and the UK. I work in London.

Hello to all serial starters but we will become completer finishers I am sure!! ❤️❤️ just have to believe and keep selves disciplined one day at a time. I’m now 4 days in so despite fact I ache all over from walking 16 km yesterday I feel that finally I’m doing something. 👍🏆
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Tilliesmommy1 - impressed at the baking ahead and planning. So wish I could do that.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning, scale UP this morning, all that good dense rye bread was worth it.

Two reasons I try and make ahead - $$$ and if I dont too many other things get in the way and get consumed.

Walking and water is the order of the day.

Wave to all who follow. back for more ZZZ
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara and Laura~~

Here it is Memorial Day Holiday, and some twit is out there using his weed whacker or leaf blower at 7:30 in the morning. Good grief!

Time for a shower, then a walk.

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Laura~~

I bet your smart phone is helpful in keeping track of what time it is when you are on the move. I would have to have two wristwatches in addition to my phone! 😊

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

68fqr397x04b.jpeg

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 - I should really look at planning and prepping meals. I spend way too much money on food in this house for just two of us.

Lana - I can't believe how rude some people are when it comes to mowing and weed whacking.

I didn't get a chance to read posts at all yesterday, I was outside and busy from the time I got up until after 10 last night. Today I am reading and catching up and then I am crafting all day. I have a lot to finish for the bachelorette party this weekend. Once that is done and over with I will have to get onto wedding decorations and the shower decorations.

I called my MIL this morning to tell her her flight has been booked and we'll be seeing her in a month. It will be so nice to have her here. Luckily I love her and get along well with her.

Tracey in Edmonton