Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options

Kate - Robbie is a cutie!

Lynn - Wow you have really been clocking the steps~ Good for you!
    I got to 243.6 today, but I've been having a hard time nailing it down. Working the next few days on seeing a new number....

Sara - When I re-upped with WW this time, I did their typical "Join for 3? months was it?" on the credit card, which came out to be the cheapest, with a lower price hitting the credit card for the first 3 months.. I knew that I wanted to be back there because I just need it now.

I do not know it they still offer the pay by the week plan. They have changed a lot. They no longer do the thing where new people stay after the meeting to talk with the leader about how to do the plan. They DO have materials for people who are not fond of using their computers or phones for this. Once a month they hold something called App Academy, where I will go to the meeting location separate from the meeting on a particular Saturday (once a month) and learn about how to use their WW App.

Welcome to JDaniels! What's your name? Where do you live?

Tracey - I hope that you have a good day running all of those errands! 8? places to go? Good luck dear~~

Kathryn - Mother of Pearl - now I know that you are officially crazy, and you've given us the photos to prove it! What a path for your Jeeps to get through.
    Do they allow you to carry any timbers or chocks or whatever you might call stuff to put on the ground near obstructions to allow your vehicle to get over them more easily?

Waving to anyone I missed - Dawn and Missy and Tess and Saltine and Tracy in Tennessee and Suzu and Birdie and Eryn and Laura across The Pond.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    9024 total steps

Lana - how did you know that Miss T and I were napping most of yesterday??

Miss T is a long hair apple head chihuahua - I always think of Les Nesman when I write or say chihuahua - those not knowing the association - Character in a TV Series called WKRP in Cincinnati from the late 1970's - worth youtube if only to see the fashion...... this character mispronounced things and they would put words in his newscast that were hysterical - chihuahua is one of them.

Long day going for brain dead. Kathryn I was also thinking along Lana's lines about if the jeeps get stuck do you have planks etc or is that part of the fun??

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Yearly inspection today while I am at work, so being a little more careful and putting things away (junk clutter).

Will spend time with lead going through claims I have set aside. Got done with all but 1 2018 claims considering I had 130 last week and they mostly phone calls, it has been a long trip.

Question of the day QOTD - what is your goal for this week?

Answer of the day AOTD - stop myself from having too many chocolate feasts.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    WOW - Kathryn!! How FUN! Thank you for the pictures and the updates -I was worried about all of the midwestern crew since Mother Nature seems to have developed a personal grudge.
    Kate - Welcome, and that pup is purely CUTE!!
    Lynn - That wedding site sounds beautiful and it will mean so much to the couple to have a site that is tied to the family. Is your daughter calm, or is all of the stir freaking her out?
    Marselli - are you a "quick-on-the-go" breakfast girl, or a "start-the-day-out-right" girl? Savory or sweet? Did the problem roommate move out??
    Missy - Garden tip - Start small. Containers are great if you don't have a lot of space. We did some great tomatoes in pots, but if you do that I would recommend buying either the cherry sized, or if you like a regular tomato getting a "bush" style variety. Peppers are pretty and easy and herbs are super easy and great to cook with.
    Lana - I can relate to self sabotage... there are days when I am my own worst enemy and I'm not sure why.
    Sara - It's a short work week... hope all is well with you.
    Waves to Tracy and Welcome JDaniels! What can we call you?
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Quick wave to everyone! Gonna be a busy day. Will drop by as I can.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I agree with the WOW Kathryn comments. Lana cracked me up with "Kathryn - Mother of Pearl!" I am glad you had fun. You are braver than I am (:
    AOTD - get under 188 this week (:
    Suzu - my daughter is taking it all pretty well. I do not think she is freaking out. The owners of the farm seem quite organized and have a plan. It will all work. Hopefully rain, humidity and mosquitoes will stay away (:
    Marselli - breakfast - I cook oatmeal (steel cut varities) on Sunday night and then put in fridge. Serve it up daily with a little maple syrup and hickory or walnuts. Love this breakfast!
    Waves to all!
    Lynn
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Am still trying to catch up on posts. You guys have been pretty loquacious while I have been gone. And lots of new people too!!

AOTD: getting back to moving/walking everyday. am very sore from trip. we spent 4 days on trails instead of the usual 2 days. seem recovering from the Jeep trips is taking a bit longer the older I get.

Sara & Lana: There are a few times that we do throw some rocks or logs under wheels if needed but usually we just winch or tow out/over really tough spots. Jeeps are amazingly capable vehicles and get through stuff you wouldn't believe without any trouble. The obstacles and rough stuff are the main part of the fun! There were no roll-overs or serious damage done this trip, thank goodness.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Ladies ~~

I will be checking back with you in sections. I have the attention span of a gnat, and I haven't quite figured out how to most efficiently refer back to posts in order to comment on them?
    Does anyone have any short-cut suggestions? I have a small laptop, so two windows open at the same time is not good for me......Still I should try it.....

Sara - I knew you were not to be disturbed because Jean-Louis came over to me and said to keep it down! LOL!
    Leandro was giving you a foot massage, and it sent you off to dreamland~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Even with an iffy ankle, I managed a 3-mile walk on The Pumpkin Loop Trail. Every step of the way I didn't think I was going to make it. They say it's a 2.5 mile loop, but they lie like rugs!

I went to Whole Foods afterwards looking for cooked salmon, and holy cow, it is $25 per pound. I bet they over cook it too. I passed on that. I got some quinoa from their salad bar, and I will mix it later with a drained and rinsed can of white beans, a can of Ro-Tel, and some corn and tomatoes to make a healthy Go-To snack salad to put out hunger "fires" when they erupt.

Oddly, in NYC it is really easy to find places with already cooked salmon (no stinking up the house), but here in Chapel Hill I can't find it yet at a decent price.

Waves to everyone who stopped by earlier~~ I need a rest from the computer.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Quick wave to everyone! Gonna be a busy day. Will drop by as I can.

Tracy in Tennessee~~

I know that you are busy, but I wanted to say a special hello because you are doing so well with your plan and you have inspired me. I feel I want to hitch my wagon to your star, as they say.

Please check in often, even if you don't have a lot of time, because it helps all of us.

Big hugs~~

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Tracy in Tennessee~~

I know that you are busy, but I wanted to say a special hello because you are doing so well with your plan and you have inspired me. I feel I want to hitch my wagon to your star, as they say.

Please check in often, even if you don't have a lot of time, because it helps all of us.

Big hugs~~

Lana

Thank you, Lana! I appreciate your confidence. Your kind words inspire me every day. Your support and the support of everyone here has been instrumental in my success.

Come on and hitch away. I'm following my doctor's orders and will hopefully see good results on my bloodwork tomorrow. Looking for lower cholesterol and higher Vitamin D/Magnesium levels.

I did have a bit of upswing on my scale for the past week. Chalking it up to the antibiotics I had to take following dental work. Today showed me back to the previous level--157.4. Looking to drive that number on down. Two lbs in the next two weeks (prior to a wedding, June 15th) would thrill me.

Let's all have a round of no-calorie adult beverages in the Cabana this afternoon!

Cheers!

SW--222
    CW--157.4
    GW--145 by July 1st
    UGW--105 eventually
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    o7dhhh7ydm2i.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9483 total steps

Took phone out to parking lot and got my disability certification with the state taken care of it is loaded and I can now take 3 exams. It wont be tonight because I am brain dead, but definitely by the end of the week.

Will curl up with Miss T soon.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Teriyaki chicken at work and container for leftovers for dinner. Taking serving of apple/pecan oatmeal to work for snack. So far I have been good about not eating extra chocolate at work, though it has been extremely "hairy".

How is everyone's week going? Are you getting your steps in? Drinking the extra water? Sleeping better?

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    9483 total steps

Took phone out to parking lot and got my disability certification with the state taken care of it is loaded and I can now take 3 exams. It wont be tonight because I am brain dead, but definitely by the end of the week.

Will curl up with Miss T soon.

Sara~~

This is interesting and sounding good for you. I hope that things continue along the way that you want them to!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I made some mistakes yesterday, so of course the scale is up. I know where I have to make a change, so I will try to get that factored in for the future.....It's all emotional, twisty thinking that gets me into trouble.

🤦🏼‍♀️

Lana

245.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Running in all -
    Tracy - You are a rockstar!
    Sara - Fingers crossed
    Waves to all!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2019
    Options
    h3nia7h6k0rm.png

x8gbdinmh5ms.png

ngeepyq32282.png
    This one is too true lately, so I had to laugh
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    Lynn - That is a lot of work, I would be worried about damage to my property and such. We are at 37 days to the big day! This weekend is the bachelorette and I so blessed that these young women have invited me and want me to be a part of their party. I am just making the last couple of things for that and then next week my eldest and I will start working on the shower decorations and thank you gifts. We are doing a nautical theme for it as Brodey and Kaitlyn met through Sea Cadets.

Kathryn - (That's my Mother's name, spelled the same too) That looks like an awesome weekend and a lot of fun!

Lana - I start a post to respond to people and before I switch pages cut or copy it so that I don't lose what I've typed so far. Then I paste it at the bottom of the next page and keep going. When I'm all done I just have to post. The big thing is to remember to cut or copy so you don't lose when you move to the next page.

Wow I missed checking in at all yesterday, I was so busy getting things together for the party this weekend. I did find out that I did not get the job. I am ok with it. They liked my interview and were impressed with how much I learned in a short time, but the boss really wanted the financial advisor background. The right job will come along when it's meant to.

We are covered in smoke here so heavily from wildfires north of us that the street lights are on in the middle of the day. I hope it clears before the weekend but most importantly I hope all of those evacuated have homes to come home to. My daughter and grandson are struggling with their asthma today.

Tracey in Edmonton