Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaay for Lana!! I didn't go get any veggies, but the burgers and hot dogs were great! Had enough to get through lunches for the week. The grill is perfect for one or two people. Coals get ready quick and I love how a Weber cooks evenly if you build your fire correctly.

New job is good. I'm working my way into it a little at a time. Wish I could relinquish the old job, but that hasn't happened yet. Making the best of the situation and not really worrying if things don't get done as quickly as they used to with the old job. I have no intention of getting stressed about it.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and continues to have a great week!

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Good evening,

Worked 5 hours Saturday. Not sure where the rest of the weekend went, but I now know that I dont like HINT water.

Air is not as bad as it was this weekend, but trade smoke for heat.

Third job position at company is online but cannot apply yet, so I hope to Thursday.

Crockpotted chicken, eating chicken/cashew/pineapple/red onion salad, went light on the mayo and put some of the pineapple juice from the can in. Rest of chicken 3 bags in freezer.

Have tomorrow off, and for that I am glad I did not opt to work Wednesday this week as I am tired.

Missy your EMT cant be done online - right??

Lana I go and take a walk, the air here has been so bad that like Tracy, I have been using music.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    51ycove3h9hb.jpeg
    *** September 8 ***

Good morning ☀️

Hey - that is a good idea about the music + moving/dancing. Five or ten minutes here or there can be good!

I've got to find a fresh batch of motivation. I have been sabotaging myself all too often.

Lana

264.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Groceries and pedicure describe my morning.

Lana, once things start sliding into your diet it can be a free fall. Glad you are aware that it might be time for a good change.

Pork on menu - will make a gravy of sorts and add beans so pork/beans and veg for dinner and lunch tomorrow.

HOT over 100 today and tomorrow will be upper 90's to lower 90's for next week. It has just been such a mentally grinding summer that I will take anything not in the 100's.

Off in search of something to watch/escape in.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana I was on YouTube and there is a "one hour cleaning music" motivation music, there are a number of options..... thought you might give it a whirl.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Worked 5 hours Saturday. Not sure where the rest of the weekend went, but I now know that I dont like HINT water.

Air is not as bad as it was this weekend, but trade smoke for heat.

Third job position at company is online but cannot apply yet, so I hope to Thursday.

Crockpotted chicken, eating chicken/cashew/pineapple/red onion salad, went light on the mayo and put some of the pineapple juice from the can in. Rest of chicken 3 bags in freezer.

Have tomorrow off, and for that I am glad I did not opt to work Wednesday this week as I am tired.

Missy your EMT cant be done online - right??

Lana I go and take a walk, the air here has been so bad that like Tracy, I have been using music.

I thought I found one but looks like there is a portion that I would have to do in person and they won’t give me an answer as to what times this would be. Completely ignored the question that I asked multiple times and then signed me up for an orientation that I couldn’t attend. So nixed that program.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    sfj4mbcpqs1e.jpeg
    *** September 9 ***

Good morning ladies!

Sara - I hope that your temps break sooner rather than later. It has been too long of a summer this year.
    I like that idea of music while cleaning. Somehow, I never think of putting music on anywhere besides the car. I don't have a sound system, but I can use the earphones with my phone with my spotify to make cleaning more fun and less drudge. Thank you 🙏🏻

Missy - how is the foot?

Waving to Tracy and Lynn and Jordanna and Runa and anyone else who pops in to say hi 👋🏻

I have appointments galore today. See you on the flip side~~

Lana

264.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Possible thunderstorms tonight - which is great except lightening is not good....

Four more people are leaving. Boss is not worried as they are temps. Just rolling my eyes.

Washing hair is mandatory tonight. Signed up to do overtime and proceeded to spend it on Amazon, isnt that the American way???

• LanaCabana537
    edited September 2021
    Options
    xmr3dakbtz3t.jpeg
    *** September 10 ***

Good morning 🌷

Yesterday was super tough, so I had myself a pity party. Naturally the scale tracked everything. Bless its heart~

I will be on my lounge chair all day ⛱
    Sara, I saved you the chair next to me for Happy Hour so you can catch me up on the gossip at work. 🌴

Lana

268.4 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

We had RAIN last night and some today as well. I slept like a log and for once did not hear the thunder/lightning. Better than another hot day feeling like I am eating dust. I opened the windows when I got home from work, it has been so long since I aired out my place.

Then I passed out for an hour (alarm clock). Whew, will get more hours in (had holiday so not OT but boss also not there so still worth it.

Lana pity parties should also have dancing. Just an idea.

My pet peeve today is people whining about their rights being violated. Personally I am just tired of hearing about it and not having a chance to respond. I find that kind of conversation selfish. Making list of people to stay away from in the distant future!!!!

Friday night, enjoy it all.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    u52xzxg00o5k.png

the trees are so dusty that my car needs to get washed again as my car sat under trees at work - this is just a rain picture I got online to show what this morning looked like for a change.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    7c5jhq876hhj.jpeg
    *** Sept. 11th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - Wow - Rain for you!!! That is so wonderful. I am happy for you.
    Have a good day at work today, free of annoying boss. 🤣

Waves to everyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

263.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Seems trying to get my coworker to understand my excitement of wearing head phone was harder than I thought as I also during the week have to answer the phone. Luckily she figured it out.

Warm, not HOT or smoky. Nice change for now.

Have half my daily steps and will try and get more later.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    6wh8ns8owbrr.jpeg
    *** Sept. 12 ***

Happy Sunday 🌷🌷🌷

Jeez am I feeling very low-energy today. It's a gorgeous day, but I can't seem to get anything done. Dang!

I hope y'all are having a better day!

Lana

263.4 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 turkey day goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Lady at church was having mask/ear issues so I dragged out the mask ear crochet pattern and made her one. She was not home and I left it on her porch and sent her a message.

Not quite 100 but still too hot to open windows.

Dinner is a mystery. I will have to surprise myself.

• LanaCabana537
    edited September 2021
    Options
    gtmun5zukd23.jpeg
    *** September 13 ***

Good morning all ☀️

Sara - that was cool of you to make a mask for that lady. 👍🏻🌺
    Stay safe and sane out there too!

Time to get myself together and get out for a walk before the temps go up!

*tossing beach bag and mystery novel onto lounge chair for later*

Lana

263.6 today
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hey folks! So glad to see this thread is still here! I was hoping it would be.

So for anyone who remembers me from before well I totally crashed and burned off the wagon. It turned out that the horse I lost was starved by the lady I paid to look after him whilst hubby was in hospital and the court case was only heard in May this year. She pretty much got away with it even though she was convicted. It broke my heart.

So I’ve put back on all that I lost and am now actually heavier than I was when I started last time.

Can’t carry on like that so I’m back on the wagon since last Thursday and trying to sort myself out. Some familiar and supportive faces seems like a great place to start!

I hope all of you are well and things are going to plan. I’d like to stop by again regularly if that’s okay?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Open board stop by as much as you can and let us know how you are doing.

I will make one mask mate a night to spare my wrist. I will have to make original size/ larger/largest as masks vary.

Graham crackers and peanut butter for dinner as I slept too long after work.

Temps are coming down and the biggest fire in my area is getting contained. The one farther north will be awhile. Our firefighters have been too busy

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    w3qp00no5rvv.jpeg
    *** September 14 ***

Hey Y'all - Just getting us started. I will be back to visit with Sara and Lady On A Horse and all who stop by later on!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

OK, I'm back.....

Nikki - I am so glad that you stopped by.
    That is so awful about your horse. I don't have a horse, but I follow lots of owner/riders on TikTok, and many are horse rescues. It is staggering how much animal abuse, neglect, and starvation is out there. I can't even finish this paragraph.

It is sometimes a part of life that we regain all of our weight and then some. That is where I am right now. However, I have never given up!!

It would be neat if you could stop by once in a while and let us know how you are doing 😁

Lana 🌴