Serial Starters

Replies

• avdddwa72bqp.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    ajokzvmfo5n0.jpeg
    *** September 21 ***

Happy Toooooosday everyone~~

I have to get going for an appointment in an hour.

Be back later to finish up 🌼

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    xz7vyuvp2ul0.png

Good morning!

Nikki, great picture!! Everything about it is beautiful. Is Moose a Belgian draft horse? My Grandpa had two champion quarter horses, matched Appaloosas, a palomino, and a buckskin. I had a dappled grey pony (she wasn't mine, but my cousin didn't really care anything about her. I rode her and cared for her on our horse ranch.)

Absolutely, you should come visit! I keep trying to get Lana to come to my end of the state. She is in a state on the opposite end from me. It takes 8-10 hours to drive from one end of my state to the other. Probably a 14-16 hour drive from where she is to where I am.

I explain because I work with Germans who come to the US and say things like, "I'm going to drive to California on Friday and be back on Monday." :D No. :D You may fly to California on a Friday and you will be back on Monday if you never leave the airport, get on another plane immediately, and return.

Perhaps we should start planning a Cabana Crew Confabulation. Where would we like to meet? Maybe alternate years -- one in US, one in UK, one in Canada, one in Central Europe (Switzerland!), Bahamas, Mexico, Columbia, China!

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    xz7vyuvp2ul0.png

Good morning!

Nikki, great picture!! Everything about it is beautiful. Is Moose a Belgian draft horse? My Grandpa had two champion quarter horses, matched Appaloosas, a palomino, and a buckskin. I had a dappled grey pony (she wasn't mine, but my cousin didn't really care anything about her. I rode her and cared for her on our horse ranch.)

Absolutely, you should come visit! I keep trying to get Lana to come to my end of the state. She is in a state on the opposite end from me. It takes 8-10 hours to drive from one end of my state to the other. Probably a 14-16 hour drive from where she is to where I am.

I explain because I work with Germans who come to the US and say things like, "I'm going to drive to California on Friday and be back on Monday." :D No. :D You may fly to California on a Friday and you will be back on Monday if you never leave the airport, get on another plane immediately, and return.

Perhaps we should start planning a Cabana Crew Confabulation. Where would we like to meet? Maybe alternate years -- one in US, one in UK, one in Canada, one in Central Europe (Switzerland!), Bahamas, Mexico, Columbia, China!

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee

I love this idea Tracy!
  • LanaCabana537

Oh wow Nikki - Moose is gorgeous! Those dapples! We want more photos!

Tracy - I love the idea of a confabulation. Once I get out from under this divorce, I think a road trip will be in order; I will definitely have a visit with you!

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    avdddwa72bqp.jpeg

He’s gorgeous!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good evening,

I decorated my boss' office for her Birthday and printed emails from coworkers to paste into card (someone else is getting cards. In the carpet replacement at work upheaval the decorations got upside down and backwards - so I found some things to decorate - I thought that was pretty big of me.

I purchased Gardein Ultimate Plant Based Burgers - with hamburger bun (Killer Daves) it ended up being 25 grams of protein. The "burgers" were quite good. I am looking forward to the musical part of this interaction as soy protein is such a musical food.

Have tomorrow off and very glad for it. Temps next week will drop into the 80's which is timely and appreciated.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 2021
    liz0x486bc1l.jpeg
    *** September 22 ***

☔️ Rainy morning in NC ☔️

Sara - I love that you decorated your boss's office for her birthday. 😉 Good karma 👍🏻
    Good for you on the high-protein burgers and buns. Killer Dave's stuff is good!
    Have a great day off!

I am so sleepy. I tried to get another hour of sleep, but my mind just churns XDH on an endless loop, so I'm going to wash up and get ready to walk in the rain with the ladies. The Wednesday ladies don't get stopped by rain.

Wishing everyone a good day ☀️🌴

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

262.4 today
  • Hi all, thank you for the lovely comments on my Moose. He’s an 18.1hh pure Irish Draught horse. I bought him last year after losing my youngster. That’s actually what sent me off the rails. My hubby was in hospital really seriously ill to the point we didn’t expect him to make it and the woman paid to feed and care for our young horses starved them and he died. The RSPCA prosecuted her successfully earlier this year but she didn’t even get banned from keeping horses. I couldn’t say anything and the whole thing caused me a breakdown. Moose was my hubby’s way of trying to pull me back out. He’s a dude though, a really good lad. We have another Irish Draught, a 16hh 3 year old filly belonging to my daughter. She will be backed next year so I want to be able to help with that. I’ll try to add a pic of her too.

Tracey that sounds amazing, I don’t know how I’ll do it what with 6 horses 4 dogs, 4 cats, my parents and hubby to look after but where there’s a will etc. Kinda hoping to be able to go to NYC Christmas shopping with my daughter but that’ll only be a weekend. Possibly doing Florida next year as daughter hasn’t been to Disneyland yet. Though she’ll be 18 by then!

Lana I hope you’re less tired now, no fun feeling exhausted. Sara sounds like great fun decorating!

Happy Wednesday all 😊
  • This is Caoimhe (pronounced Keeva, it’s Irish!) with my daughter and Sebastian one of our English Setter puppies.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Day off, so sleeping in happens first.

Sat in bed and created a set of meals so I knew it was time to get up and function. Shred chicken with bbq sauce/canned beans/cornbread muffins/boiled greens.

So I am off to the store. Then I need to clean kitchen so I can mess it up again. Never ending story this one.....

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited September 2021
    Sara - so glad to hear that sleeping in happens first for you! I am very envious, as I have lost my ability to sleep in.

Nikki - I am getting confused when I read your post--my fault, not yours.
    Are you saying that a woman took care of several/all of your horses, starved them all, and one of them died? Where are all of your surviving horses now?
    The whole situation sounds awful.

Also I need a translation: you said "she will be backed next year" Does that mean trained to ride under saddle or that she will be bred?
    😘

🌴 I get extra credit: I walked with the ladies in the pouring rain today, and I even got in the pool for 25 minutes.
    😈 I get TEN DEMERITS because I let my divorce emotions get the better of me, and I ordered several MAJOR POINTS cocktails from The Cabana Boys just now.

Dang 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • gemwolf110
    9jstdbskka3u.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    hb2udck8scek.jpeg
    *** September 23 ***

Good morning all 🍁🍂🍁

Missy - what a pretty Autumn post! 🙏🏻

Sara - cornbread muffins.....mmmm.....yum!

Waving to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    This is Caoimhe (pronounced Keeva, it’s Irish!) with my daughter and Sebastian one of our English Setter puppies.

Love the photo!
  • gemwolf110
    Hi all, thank you for the lovely comments on my Moose. He’s an 18.1hh pure Irish Draught horse. I bought him last year after losing my youngster. That’s actually what sent me off the rails. My hubby was in hospital really seriously ill to the point we didn’t expect him to make it and the woman paid to feed and care for our young horses starved them and he died. The RSPCA prosecuted her successfully earlier this year but she didn’t even get banned from keeping horses. I couldn’t say anything and the whole thing caused me a breakdown. Moose was my hubby’s way of trying to pull me back out. He’s a dude though, a really good lad. We have another Irish Draught, a 16hh 3 year old filly belonging to my daughter. She will be backed next year so I want to be able to help with that. I’ll try to add a pic of her too.

Tracey that sounds amazing, I don’t know how I’ll do it what with 6 horses 4 dogs, 4 cats, my parents and hubby to look after but where there’s a will etc. Kinda hoping to be able to go to NYC Christmas shopping with my daughter but that’ll only be a weekend. Possibly doing Florida next year as daughter hasn’t been to Disneyland yet. Though she’ll be 18 by then!

Lana I hope you’re less tired now, no fun feeling exhausted. Sara sounds like great fun decorating!

Happy Wednesday all 😊

That’s awful. She should be banned. Idk how people can not take care of animals. Sending hugs.

Yeah got to go to Disney at least once.
  • LanaCabana537
    05m0a3yxlegk.jpeg
    *** September 24 ***

Happy Friday Y'all ☀️

Nikki - fabulous photo of your daughter with horse and pup 🥰
    You mentioned a possible trip with daughter to NYC to go shopping. Please be aware that my poor old city is still making its recovery from covid. Broadway shows are getting back up, and I think the larger stores for your shopping will be good, and I'm hoping that the hotels are OK (don't know if they have full staff and services?), but in midtown Manhattan you will see a lot of empty storefronts from so many shops and restaurants that closed for good. Just wanted you to know, since it's no small undertaking to come across the pond.

🌴 Cabana Boys have planned a nice Happy Hour for us today 😉⛱🌴

Lana

262.6 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 nutty 🦃 goal
  • Sara - so glad to hear that sleeping in happens first for you! I am very envious, as I have lost my ability to sleep in.

Nikki - I am getting confused when I read your post--my fault, not yours.
    Are you saying that a woman took care of several/all of your horses, starved them all, and one of them died? Where are all of your surviving horses now?
    The whole situation sounds awful.

Also I need a translation: you said "she will be backed next year" Does that mean trained to ride under saddle or that she will be bred?
    😘

🌴 I get extra credit: I walked with the ladies in the pouring rain today, and I even got in the pool for 25 minutes.
    😈 I get TEN DEMERITS because I let my divorce emotions get the better of me, and I ordered several MAJOR POINTS cocktails from The Cabana Boys just now.

Dang 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hi all,

Lana yes the woman paid to look after both Caoimhe in the picture above and my young boy who was her cousin, starved a total of 17 horses, but my boy was the one who died. She knew my husband was in hospital and we couldn’t visit so she stopped feeding them. It was the worst thing I’ve ever gone through. Still not really over it now but you have to move on eventually. Backing is a British term for starting under saddle, so being trained to be ridden. My daughter is really excited about it.

Walking in the pouring rain has to count for something against those cocktails?

So today is Friday and it’s my non working day, I compress my full time hours into 4 days so I get Fridays off. Sadly though they’re now filled with housework and all the jobs I don’t have time for in the week. This morning was puppy vaccinations so they’re all good to go out and will start puppy classes next week, I’m quite excited about that. We want to show them (I figure it’s more exercise) so we’re taking them to a local ring raft puppy class. That’s next Wednesday! The rest of today will be taken up with cleaning and mopping this place! Happy Friday all 😊
  • gemwolf110
    Happy Friday!!!!
    TGIF

Glad this week is almost over looking forward to a day off tomorrow.
    I forgot to weigh in this morning smh will have to do that tomorrow morning. Need to make myself a reminder.

~ Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

TGIF - I will eat decadent chocolate things while Lana has her drinks.

Coworker complained to Monster about my not being a team player. I was able to give my boss examples of how my coworker is a negative nagging Nellie. Walked outside after meeting with Monster and caught my foot on the door mat in the company lobby doorway and fell down. I know tomorrow will be the worst day.

.......Insert colorful language here.......

Cafe is trying pizza at work and it is good and so much that it is my dinner as well. Spread that salt around.

Find me in the chair peeking out wrapped with the warm blanket.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.