Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am a serial starter. :( This has to be my last starting. I am getting out if control.
    SW: 240
    CW: 240
    GW: 145 - 160

Btw ADORE Cauliflower too. Not a big broccoli fan though lol
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- do you put anything on cauliflower you fry? I have an air fryer and tried a recipe to "fry" cauliflower. It was ok. Was hoping for yummier...

Sara- more good thoughts coming your way... hope you get good news about a job, soon... especially, if it's the CBoy interview one..hehe

Missy- hi! I was thinking about you the other day... how's WW going? I'm still not ready to commit... even though, I know/ feel it may be my best choice..

Welcome davisagolding! This is a wonderful place to be for support and encouragement.. stop by when you can!

Finally been able to walk, again. Its warm, but not miserable. I actually walked the entire park, today. They were setting up for BBQ CooKoff... so, felt comfortable, not worried about being completely alone. Was kinda discouraged. I thought, walking the entire park, would be more steps. But, according to my step counter, it was less than just walking circles on the track. I just feel, walking around track is part of why i'm stuck. Walking entire park, I have more hills... no, I did not eat BBQ while walking.. just had to wipe drool from my chin with all the smells... wow
  • arniedog74
    edited August 2019
    Options
    If anyone is interested, Scentsy is having a 10% off almost everything, this month only... there are some amazing new items coming out, as well... feel free to check out my site..

PS: Fans of Avengers, Spiderman, Mickey and Minnie... great items coming August 12th

Jack Skellington and new catalog come out Sept 1st..

Darth Vader TBA

Any questions, feel free to ask... so excited for this! Thank you!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/10859498
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Going to be a HOT one today, but only 100 not the 106/107 of June which are just blistering.

Next day off for hair/facial/toes is Friday before Labor Day - willing to dip into my time off savings for a 4 day weekend like July 4th.

Lana - I have butter in the house and Cauliflower is one of my WW vegetables, in that I ignored it until I started WW -frozen is not the same :s and what I grew up with. Butternut squash and Kale are other WW introductions.

Too many "snack size" chips and scale is telling me, so water city this weekend.

Davisagolding - welcome!!! This is an open board stop by when you can.

Missy - cleaning house to show is one of the best motivators - I am pulling out plastic grocery bags and filling them this weekend - I am eyeing edge of the closet for "easy pickings". Do you have a place to go to when you sell? Do I remember a wedding sometime in the future?? Someone was asking me my requirements for Mr Right and I began thinking Lottery numbers would be so much easier..........

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options

Good morning ladies~~

Dawn - I slice the cauliflower head across with a larger knife in order to try to get 3/8" slices; yes, there are a ton of bits and pieces escaping. Then I melt small amount of butter in the non-stick pan. I cover it for half of the cooking, so it cooks by steaming as well as frying.
    I go medium or low heat. Once it is a bit tender, I stop using the cover, so it can dry out and brown up. I put pepper on it, maybe a smidge of salt, if the butter is not salted, or if I use olive oil.

Sara - Ah, Mr. Right.
    All of the Mr. Rights in my life were either married or not interested in me. I try not to think about it, but once in a while I wonder what life would have been like if .....

On that depressing note, into the shower with me.

Waves to DavisAG and Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Tracy and Tracey and Meghan and Saltine and Lynn and Runa and Suzu and Eryn in South Carolina and anyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

248.8 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • davisagolding
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Everyone. ;)

@LanaCabana537 that recipe sounds amazingly good. I am going to have to try it.

@Tilliesmommy1 your weekend treat sounds wonderful. I would have to end it with a book and cup of tea.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Good morning ladies~~

Dawn - I slice the cauliflower head across with a larger knife in order to try to get 3/8" slices; yes, there are a ton of bits and pieces escaping. Then I melt small amount of butter in the non-stick pan. I cover it for half of the cooking, so it cooks by steaming as well as frying.
    I go medium or low heat. Once it is a bit tender, I stop using the cover, so it can dry out and brown up. I put pepper on it, maybe a smidge of salt, if the butter is not salted, or if I use olive oil.

Sara - Ah, Mr. Right.
    All of the Mr. Rights in my life were either married or not interested in me. I try not to think about it, but once in a while I wonder what life would have been like if .....

On that depressing note, into the shower with me.

Waves to DavisAG and Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Tracy and Tracey and Meghan and Saltine and Lynn and Runa and Suzu and Eryn in South Carolina and anyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

248.8 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal

Thank you! The recipe I used, had me breaking off the florets and dipping in hot sauce..."buffalo cauliflower bites" they were not as yummy as they sounded.. might have to try your way.. Great WI!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    I’m here! Working for a living is cutting into my social media time in a huge way. I miss you all but just am struggling to find time to check in regularly.

Having a fairly relaxing weekend. Hubby fixed a problem with the car that has been an annoyance and getting worse for years now! I’m so happy. Tomorrow the Grands are coming to spend the day with us while their mom works. We haven’t had them for close to a month if not longer. They have been for short visits and when everyone else is around but it’s not the same as when we get them to ourselves. One of our favourite pastimes is to go to yard sales so I think that’s the plan for tomorrow, we haven’t been to one yet this summer. They will each get &5.00, it’s so much fun watching them budget and bargain for better deals.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Missy- sorry about Mr Not So Right... better to have found out, now... glad you are doing better and that you have a place to go... hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Playing phone tag with former Sup - she left a message on a landline - which I am finding does not work...... deadline on job application in her department is Friday, so there is time.

Ran to pharmacy paper on time sign changing pharmacy hours (really impressive rolling eyes) so 2 trips there yesterday.

Roasting vegetables (cauliflower,parsnips and sweet potato) and whatever I pick up at store. Hoping for less running around today.

Scale is up not a real surprise, so water today.

Missy - Dawn said it best in her last post. To be legally bound to someone takes a lot to undo. Make sure you nurture yourself but dont eat cartons of cookies - I originally wrote "eat gallons of ice cream" but it is so hot how could I blame you for eating ice cream?

Getting "toe touchies" picking up all the cigarette butts left by neighbors. I live with pigs - oh I would rather live with pigs.......

Wave to all who follow.
  • shelby5711
    shelby5711 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A short intro about me..... I can identify with the "serial starter" for sure. I did attempt WW once but couldn't maintain watching the points after I met my goal....or really I chose not to maintain it. I'm recently really starting to understand that my actions are the direct result of a CHOICE that I make. Can't blame it on anything or anyone else. Anyways, I used MFP 4 years ago and was very successful in dropping 30 lbs. My profile pic is me at my goal weight 3.5 years ago. Since then I've yo-yo'd a little but nothing so dramatic as what's happened lately. I was already hovering at the top end of my desired weight range, and 3 months ago I changed careers and went from a very active job to a much more sedentary one. 15 pounds came on very quickly as my eating didn't match my new activity. Several weeks ago I weighed more than I have in 25 years....Yikes. I was dreading starting MFP again, tracking my food forces me to "care" about what I'm doing right? Well I dread having to buy new clothes because nothing fits me right and I dread the changes I've seen in my body these past 3 months MORE than tracking my food intake. I laugh a little at my last sentence because I had to resist getting specific about certain areas of my body. :) SO, here I am!! I made a commitment to MFP last Saturday. Eating properly IS KEY to lose weight. To KEEP it off, I'm learning that I CAN develop some new habits and I'm already getting mentally stronger in this area of my life. I've dropped 4 pounds this week since getting back on MFP. I'm looking forward to this being my LAST weight loss journey too. I'm 56 years old and have better things to do than be mad at myself for gaining weight back! I'd love some new friends on here....if you add me I'll for sure add you back. I used to have a cute little black Brussels Griffon named Shelby, thus my name on here. Currently I am not a furry baby mom....but I have an 8 and 3 year old grandsons. The 3 year old especially is fun because he's super active! Thanks! - Robin
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options

Happy Sunday All~~

Dashing through~~

Welcome to Robin!

*tossing beach bag and spy novel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

248.6 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Had a lazy day, no cooking done, watched things online and/or fell asleep watching them. Reality and weigh in will find me well enough tomorrow.

How shall we start the week on a good note? I have a hand made sweater to donate to coworker after I have washed it......

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Highest weight I have been since off WW. The list of extra food this week is insane. So I know what to do and need to get cracking.

Early morning, so with any luck more sleep before work.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Starting my week calmly. Meal prepped yesterday--Monday-Thursday will be avocado with prosciutto and mozzarella rollups for breakfast, taco pie with sour cream and buttered broccoli for lunch. Knowing what I will eat every day helps me keep my mind settled. One less decision for each day.

Had a nice lunch with my extended family yesterday. My dad took us to Reelfoot Lake for fish (I had liver and onions since there was no grilled fish option. I don't object to fried, I just can't have the cornmeal and flour coating.) My aunts and my uncle, one aunt's husband, a cousin, her child, and her boyfriend from Memphis came up and my boyfriend and my child were with me. Quite a large group. After lunch we crossed the street to walk around in a State Park on the lake shore for a while.

My Girls' Trip is Friday!! Will start making my packing list today.

SW 222
    CW 153.4
    GW 145
    UGW 100
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been in Chicago all week and off the radar. Ate badly but got in so many steps it may have all equaled out! Welcome @davisagolding and @shelby5711 - good to meet you both.
    We landed in Memphis about 11:00 last night and it was so good to get in my own bed. Threw things in the washer before bed last night and then up early this morning to get dog rescued from vet and a couple of things done around here. Throwing things in the suitcase again and heading out this evening for a 250-mile drive to one of our hospitals for a go-live on an OB system in the morning. I'm getting too old for this! Lol
    Have a good rest of week all - I will try to check back in when I get back in town.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Computer issue at work finally figured out. Welcome to Monday!! Could not get into State job website this morning,but am able to from work, so with any luck I can work on things tonight.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    cezjets2jt3d.png
  • davisagolding
    Options
    Just a stop in on Monday on my break at work. I weigh in on Saturday hooe for 1 pd lost.

SW 240
    CW 240
    GW 145