Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Tracy in Tennessee here. Been lurking and reading to keep up. Thank you for the waving!

I have been eating horribly for nineteen days--Well, 18, since I haven't eaten and don't intend to eat today.

Nineteen days ago, we had a big meeting that "restructures" how we operate in our department. The restructure was announced without a training or implementation plan in place. I'm a planner, a list maker, a structured person. This drives me wild! Additionally, I was placed on a team of people that I barely respect, don't respect, or downright hate. So off the rails I went.

I went through all the stages of grief and have arrived at acceptance. Today, I begin again. My way of eating will start again in earnest tomorrow. The way I eat is not actually for weight loss, it is to treat my autoimmune disorders (stated for memory refresh and for the new followers.) Weight loss is a happy side effect of the treatments. Since I have been eating foods outside my treatment plan, I am experiencing a lot of pain in my joints, my head, and my gastrointestinal tract.

I have a Girls' Trip August 9th-11th with some of my favorite Moose Sisters. This will be my first-ever trip with friends. I want to feel better and be able to have fun with my Sisters. I had hoped to be down to 145 by next Friday. That won't happen, but I will weigh less than I do today come h-e-double-hockey-sticks or high water.

Today is a new day. Today, I am fasting to try to get back on track.

Thanks for listening!

SW 222
    CW 160.2
    GW 145
    UGW 100
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Lana - does Jordan have the recipe for the "invisible spray" that when used on coworkers makes them go away??
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

State job opened yesterday where former coworker went and would be a good fit, just wondering as it is working with Victims about burnout. Will at least consider applying.

Cooler temps have window open.

Sup wants our yearly evals early, was going to do Friday but realized I have day off. Evals are not due until end of August. This woman will never know this plush kind of job again so hopefully she retires with the company. I made a note to remind myself.

Food choices are okay even if a little predictable.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Popping in- waves to all. Tracy take care of yourself. You can do this!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,847 Member
    Options
    Lana - does Jordan have the recipe for the "invisible spray" that when used on coworkers makes them go away??

Sara - I think that Jordan and The Boys have a spray that makes other people less annoying: but you have to use the spray on them AND on yourself in order that you care less about how annoying the other people are.

Hang in there!

Lana

*tossing bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

yjmejb6mc5zu.jpg

Sara!

Leandro just appeared to ask if this spray would be helpful. He left some with Miss Tillie over at your Cabana.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Tracy - you hang in there dear! You have done some amazing work, what with losing what you have lost to date. That is something to be proud of. Also, give yourself major credit for surviving this major upset at work; you will turn yourself around and eat right for your condition, and the weight will fall off again.

It is really nice that you have that Girls Trip to look forward to and enjoy~~

Big hugs,
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lady who works here after hours (extra income) also works at place they posted a State Job I would have a good chance at, so I left a note for her to contact me..... if I have to do as I am obliged I may as well get something done in the way of my next chapter.

Lana-- you are awesome. Love that spray. Miss Tillie will pick up 2 bottles (purse and desk) after her brush down from the boys.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    [waving wildly at everyone] seems like forever since I have had a moment to pop in here. have to do some catching up!

sounds like several of us are dealing with a crazy work environment. current company did not win contract. but did get 30 day extension. and they may protest losing the contract. but not sure. no idea if new company would retain us or not. right now, its just wait and see what happens (which is stressing me out) my job, however, has been a bit crazy with tying up loose ends, getting new IDs, trying to keep everyone on task, working 10 hour days....

a good friend we call my "Jeep husband" has been in hospital being treated for a kidney stone the size of a grape! so a few Jeep trips have been cancelled. tomorrow DH goes in for surgery on his ear in an attempt to restore some hearing. that has cancelled more activities.

I have been off track eating-wise since mid May and my weight went up. am slowly trying to rein myself in. last night first night in a LONG time I was under calorie budget. I also walked for 35 min on treadmill last night. if I can just keep that going....

HW 216
    CW 164
    GW 145

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lana! The place that sells that spray is in SF and prices are not bad.

Wonder if I should start burning a candle for all of us job searching.......

Kathryn, thank you for stopping by - sending good thoughts for DH surgery.

Low flying ugly birds - need to stay under rock.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Back again after a long time of failing. Gained weight back and can barely ride the easy trails on my mountain bike this summer without gasing out quickly. Hopefully I will stay on track this time. I always feel so much better all around when I eat right and work out on a regular basis. Not sure why I keep failing when I feel horrible, bloated and tired when I stop.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Wow this has been a clunker of a week, but at least it is almost over.

Korean dish at Cafe and birthday celebrations after lunch. Sugar sugar and more sugar and the only day I have to see my Sup (she was gone last 2 and I have tomorrow off). Can we arrange that more often?

9937 steps yesterday - no trouble sleeping last night.

Applying for jobs as fast as I can.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking......
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Hang in there!!

Waving to all the Ladies~~

Kathryn (hickchic67) - Very good to see you. I hope that both of your husbands come through with flying colors. Keep us posted.

*tossing sunglasses and hat onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

250.6 today (it was worse yesterday!)
    250.0 "highest"
    179.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Cabana Crew,

Other than one (1) double stuf Oreo cookie, I managed to stay on my eating plan yesterday. The prior day of fasting brought a lot of my inflammation under control and I feel a bit better.

Thank you for all the encouragement! It really helps to have the support.

We can all do this.

SW 222
    CW 154.6
    GW 145
    UGW 100
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Job posting in department where my former Supervisor works just posted this morning. Will call her today/tomorrow to see how to best send application. Wheels are turning.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    rl4aacxpofc1.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF!!

Have today off it was a long icky week so glad I dont have to bother with work issues. Apts today last one is for dogs rabies shot and pick up meds. It will be hot by then but not "HOT triple digit yuck time".

QOTD: Who has weekend plans?

AOTD: My plan to attend a workshop on how to get a job with the state went down the toilet the person who wanted to go remembered she had other plans and the workshop is not at the library like I thought. Maybe that means I can start dejunking again.

Back for a little more sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    rl4aacxpofc1.png

Sara - look at this! Trader Joe's makes it. I hear that Aldi's also has one.

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/cauliflower-pizza-crust

Lana

249.6 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - I can get Cauliflower pizza crust in many places and put my own toppings. I am using flatbread right now. Cauliflower pizza is good but $$$$ - My fruit/veg box did not have the Cauliflower I asked for so it is on my list of things to get at the Asian Store - roasted Cauliflower is the best in my book and I have sweet potatoes and parsnips to roast with it - roasted vegetable pizza??? Just might work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I love love love cauliflower- my favorite is to just fry it in a non-stick pan with a tiny bit of butter. I do it slowly, and it gets nice and golden/browned. Yum!

Lana