Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Sue, sorry to hear about your struggles. I hope you have an excellent prognosis after all that. My sister has had breast cancer twice now, after weight loss surgery, so she hasn't been well in quite a while. I think she is finally turning a corner, though. So I have tremendous sympathy for you, with weight issues and cancer and all the complications that can cause. Did you ever think you'd be grateful you had a lot of weight to lose? I'm just thinking how awful this would have been if you hadn't had at least some to spare (not saying you needed to lose that 100).

Lynn, what did I miss, re: your knee pain? Is that bone spur-related, or is that someone else? I'm confused.

Greetings to all who stop by. Have a good day.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,840 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    nbf2kqupidw8.jpeg
    *** May 19 ***

Good morning everybody!

The plumber is coming in a little while to fix my kitchen faucet. Gotta get ready.....

Waving to Sara and Maureen and Lynn and Sue and Tracy and Jordanna anewbody2014 and Runa and Missy and Rhiannon and anyone else who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

267.0 today
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Lana - will be interested in plumbers crack stories. LOL not really.
    Maureen - yes my knee went from being an annoyance to some pretty signifcant pain. So I went in hoping to go to PT. Instead I got diagnosed with a bone spur on my knee. Haven't honestly really talked to anyone about it yet. Just got referred to get an MRI. Then probably to orthopedic dr. and then maybe some answers. Frustrating, but yes...there are way worse things. I will keep on keeping on!
    Waves to all!
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

I fazed Tuesday - sorry. Worked in Church kitchen and got my volunteer time in.

Many other errands are done so that my weekends are sleep in able.

Back to work tomorrow, so early night tonight.

Lana hope your kitchen faucet gets cleaned the first time.

Wishing all a good night, Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ccpgti0atvgy.jpeg
    *** May 20th ***

Good morning peeps! πŸ₯

Sara - that is smart of you to clear your weekends for yourself πŸ‘πŸ»

Lynn - 🀣 plumbers cracks!
    When I was in my twenties, I worked at a stage lighting rental shop. There was a guy there, Mike, and well..... a lot of the crew would often tell him that he should be a plumber, not an electrician! It was not a pretty sight.
    The young lad who showed up yesterday was not afflicted with this condition, but he was a little too weird to be roped into becoming a Cabana Boy. Dang.

* tossing bag and trashy novel onto lounge chair for later *

Lana

266.4 today
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Hi! A quick pop in to say just that! Have a great night!
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Monthly Monster meeting went okay as she didnt have a lot to complain about except my # needed to be higher (my goal for the month I only have 5 days left in ..... lovely isnt it) and to make my phone calls shorter. I could not wait to get out of that office.

One more day to the weekend. Hang in there.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    4jladw4zvpze.jpeg
    *** May 21 ***

Good morning all~~

I hope we all have a good day today πŸ’–

Lana

266.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Friday and TGIF

Monster got a bee her bonnet and was a sheer terror to coworkers today. Although I was not a direct target its hard to work in situations like that. I figured it was her bee and her problem.

Rain clouds passing overhead so mountains will get the rain - not the 90's of recently- and for that I am grateful.

Lana- that scale ## is coming down..... good for you. Mine is as well, when I start hitting memorable numbers I will let you know.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    yn3s03vbcd6t.jpg
    *** May 22 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I'm glad that you were not in the line of fire yesterday. One thing about Monster--she is soaking in her own unhappiness. It must be awful to be her.
    I hope that you have a good weekend and have some fun things to do - crafts, knitting, visiting, and relaxing.

My choice to have the entire package of yummy fettuccini alfredo yesterday was enough to send that scale upwards again. White carbs make me retain water.

This afternoon there is a meet and greet in my neighborhood. I am looking forward to it~~

How is everyone else doing?

Lana

267.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Slept in because tomorrow with church I cant as much. Sorted out one corner of my yarn mess. One area at a time.

Lana sounds like it might be good to meet your neighborhood. Hope you enjoy it.

After lunch I have a facial - have not had one in a long time. So inside the rest of the day as I will be highly susceptible to sunburn on my face. As I have nothing planned it will be interesting to see what I do.

Temps here are more normal for our season which is wonderful

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    xlziv7o55v3d.jpeg
    *** May 23 ***

Happy Sunday β˜€οΈ

Boy, I went off the food rails yesterday with sushi (soy sauce) followed later in the day with two brownies. As usual, Mr. Scale tracked for me, with a vengeance! Dang.

Back on program today.

Lana

269.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Lana scale loves to tell me about my sodium intake too, so I made sure today to get more water in.

Harder to be on plan if you are on a weekend schedule. Work keeps temptation of the freezer and the grocery store away. We will get there, just keep trying.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    xt5u0t4nwc4n.jpeg
    *** May 24th ***

Good morning all~~

What's everyone got going on this week?

Lana

267.4 today
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning!
    Was a busy garden planting weekend for me. Didn't finish, but I guess got enough done for now :wink: Trying not to put undue pressure on myself when it really is not that big of a deal.
    This week - Wednesday is MRI on knee, although won't get results until June 3rd - yes June 3rd! Every step of this seems to take a week. In the end it will be a month since I first called dr. Thank goodness I can walk. Not well, but I can get from place to place! Our great health care!
    Have a great Monday! Waves to all!
    ~Lynn
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

No major plans this week. That's nice for a change.

Having a leisurely sushi lunch with my Moose sisters in a couple of hours and we have a meeting Thursday night to plan our golf tournament for August.

Three day weekend coming up and I am looking forward to it!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lol someone talk me out of tearing into this ice cream calling me from the freezer! I know I can resist but it’s my favorite thing and today is definitely a will power tester.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

AZ - go and walk or run more today so that you have earned for calories for your day.

Eye apt this afternoon meant I only had to deal with work for a half day - good news the eye dr says my eye pressure is good.

I bypassed the ice cream store, but biscuit/cookie store and came home and still ate junk food. Just less of it. I also got my 5k in walking.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • AZrising
    AZrising Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That’s a good point. I definitely need to do something to take my mind off of the temp station anyway lol. Sounds like you had a full day but a successful one!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    xc58b2zowkg3.jpeg
    *** May 25th ***

Good morning β˜€οΈ

Welcome to AZrising πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lynn - glad that you can get around and get things done with your knee the way it is. Do be careful though. So sorry to hear that everything goes so slowly. Do you have an appointment booked to see doctor once they have results of MRI? Because it's "bone", will you have to have surgery to remove it?

Sara - great news from your eye doctor! πŸ‘πŸ»

Tracy - thank you for mentioning the 3-day weekend! Foggy me--I hadn't connected the dots. You've saved me from some banking and post office failure 😘

OK, I've got to hit it hard on The Project today. πŸ”¨

Waving to Missy and Maureen and Runa and Dawn and Jordanna and Rhiannon and everyone else who pops by later on~~

Lana

266.6 today (up, down, up, down)