Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello hello hello. I'm only 3 POUNDS away from onederland. I've been tracking everyday, but at night sometimes I lose myself. I'm really trying to cut back on sugar. I have a coke addiction....but I'm working on it. I've been trying to substitute with coconut water, which is helping. I only ever have one coke per day but still it's soooo bad for me. Gotta try and kick that habit. I haven't really been drinking so I've been saving calories there. I'm officially down 20 pounds! It's coming off slowly and going up a down a lot but I'm making progress! This app is amazing, especially now that I have some friends and have an actual news feed. This community is great too.
    It's going to be a labour intensive day today because we're finishing our basement suite. I gotta clean and get ready for a dump run and help my partner put in windows. We have to get all this stuff done before our drywaller comes in a couple weeks so the pressure is on. I'm so sick of renovating...we just did our whole upstairs and now we're doing the suite. I'm just tired of it haha.
    Anyways, here's to another weekend where tracking is always tough but hopefully I'll keep on it! Happy Saturday everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

A 3 hour planned ot became 5 as the database kept dumping more claims..... but to quote Steve Miller Band "ahoo lord, go on take the money and run...."

HOT is the word of the weekend. So water is key .

Lady C - I am hearing your efforts and that is important. 20 pounds is a celebration - good for you!!!! Keep the small steps forward going.

Lana - dont give that Mario any ideas - boy did I let a cat out of the bag sending him your way!! It does however also bring up the idea of -- things could be worse, he could be your date......

Stay safe and sane and enjoy the weekend.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,887 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Jordanna - Congratulations on your amazing progress. My heart goes out to you on that renovation work. Awful. I hope that there will be some pleasant-ness this Memorial Day weekend.

Sara - that's a lot of OT! Nothing worse that fighting with a failing data system. Blech. When you get home, pamper yourself.

Well, I procrastinated, and I am paying the price for leaving everything to the last few days to wrangle my downstairs guest area for my sister's visit on Wednesday. Everything needs to be washed. All the towels etc are technically clean, but it's been 2 years since they've been used by anyone. The comforters need to go to the laundromat because they don't fit in my washer.

I guess I'll just take it in bite-sized sessions.

Next time, yes, I will get Merry Maids.

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    How is everyone enjoying their weekend? It’s raining here so no much outdoor stuff to do

@LanaCabana537 im not much better I put off cleaning until my days off which are maybe a day or two a monthish.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    hhqmx5cr6vii.jpeg
    *** May 30 ***

Hi everybody~~

Just getting us started. Yesterday, I thought it was Friday somehow. I set up my whole list of what to do every day before my sister gets here. Then, this morning, I realized I have one less day than I thought.

So, I'm brewing up a "pot of ambition", as my sister calls her coffee, and I'm going to do the best that I can.
    The Cabana Boys are not much help with this sort of thing. 🌴

BBL

Lana

265.0 today
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Lana, how nice your sister can come. And hello! I keep saying I'm going to be consistent--and I am, consistently NOT consistent on here. I miss it.

After closing on the house on the 14th, I've been in a hotel with various kids and dogs :) Skye is awesome but Radar was a barking, nervous wreck. Only here a few hours each time b/c of that. He is living with my ex and his new wife now, b/c I knew apartment living would not be for Radar. I will miss him like crazy but my boys will see him regularly and I know he will be happy and well-cared for.

My job offer is nearly complete--still negotiating salary as much as I can, but I'm taking a bigger pay cut than expected. Oh, well. I hope it all works out. Might need a roommate though; we will see.

I've been able to rest from the move and get lots of fresh air and exercise. Work is definitely winding down. 6 days left for me. Can't wait to be DONE and free to move about the country! :)

Pics of my Skye to amuse you. 8dfqrf6tfq1b.jpeg
    z5rs779dxh3i.jpeg

• mkculs13
    Options
    Oh, and I'm finally weighing less than when I left for spring break, and the long stay in FL to help with my mom. I miss her.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2021
    Options
    fa2bwzlbzqly.jpeg
    *** May 31 ***

Good morning all~~

Missy - sorry to hear about the foul weather. Maybe today will be better?

Maureen - So things are really moving along, literally. Are you taking any of your children with you to Charlotte, or will you be living alone (with Skye)? Wishing you all the best - big life changes, but once you are settled, you will love it! Big hugs 🤗 Oh--congrats on your weight loss!

Waving to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

*beach bag on favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

264.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning

Its not even lunchtime and I can tell it will be HOT 104 and higher. It either rains this weekend or fries us. Water helps but it is only so interesting.

Wearing my flag shirt for Memorial Day - also wear it when I can for Veterans Day.

I thought I stopped by yesterday - ooops. Down in weight so that is encouraging.

Found out the ladies at church are having a $20.00 a plate luncheon on Wednesday from Panera , too much money for me and I am a latecomer-so I went to the store this morning and got a salad mix for one, some cheese crackers and will bring my own drink and dessert probably $10 and half the sodium. So my Wednesday morning got busy. First hair cut/color and then meeting. Groceries afterwards (depending on the heat).

Will try as much as possible to get my steps in soon outside.

Stay safe and sane out there.

• gemwolf110
    edited June 2021
    Options
    uxxqr82mg5n1.jpeg

This year is flying by! Can’t believe it is June already. It’s birthday month for me. Just another year older and wiser. Had a busy Saturday, Sunday at my weekend job and had yesterday off. Just took the day to relax. It rained all weekend which is great to keep the pollen levels at bay. @Tilliesmommy1 ill send some rain to you. Have plenty to share. Next weekend is supposed to be nice and hot for our area (mid to high 80’s). $20 a plate? At Panera? That seems like a lot!

@mkculs13 love the pictures of Skye! Moving, new job negotiations you got a lot going on! Stinks about Radar. It’s tough. Yeah I’ve thought about getting a roommate myself but scared about getting the wrong one. Hopefully the new job will provide better with negotiations.

@LanaCabana537 hope you enjoy time with your sister and love the name for coffee. It a perfect description for it. And can’t start my day without it.

I have an appointment with my new primary today and hope it goes well! Both my mom and sister liked her so I’m assuming I will too.

Hope everyone has a great Monday on a Tuesday.

~Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Missy!
    Yes, it is June - Wow. When is your birthday?

Sara - Congratulations on the weight loss 🎉💖🎉

Well I have my work cut out for me today: more prep for sister's arrival plus homework & meeting with attorney. Ugh.

Lana

265.8 today
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Missy - when is your bday? Mine is the 7th! Happy June birthday to you!!!
    Lana - enjoy your sister's visit. That will be great to have her, even though it cause some work.
    Maureen - you have gotten so much done! I too am sorry about Radar, but like you said you know where he is and who is taking care of him, that is excellent. Good luck on job negotiations. Getting the first one will be the toughest. You can always look for others.
    Sara - congrats on the lower weight. Glad you found an alternative to lunch. I feel for you on the hot days. our weekend was 70's and sunshine. LOVE that so much better then the upcoming high 80's and muggy.
    Well - I was not given good news Friday. I have meniscus root tear. Worse than a regular tear. I have to have surgery Thursday. I will be on crutches 6-8 weeks. If I don't do surgery, my knee will degenerate over the next year - end result likely a knee replacement :( one day at a time...that is what I tell so many people. One day at a time...It will be as much as 56 of them...but one day at a time.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Lynn - Oh goodness - SO awful to hear about the need for surgery. My sweet lady--I don't know the first thing about knee surgery. I guess the crutches will have to be what you have to do.
    It will feel as if your whole summer is screwed, but we both know that if would be best to look firmly towards the positive.

Recently I have found a strange substitute for crackers, use this with with dips, guacamole, salsa, hummus, and whatever:
    Buy a grocery store package of romaine lettuce hearts.
    Take each leaf of lettuce and break it into 3 sections from top to bottom: fold the green leafy parts under the main, sturdy spine of lettuce, and use it as a scoop for whatever dip you want to eat.

It is crunchy, healthy, and I don't miss the crackers or tortillas or Doritos or whatever at all.

Hugs to everyone else at The Cabana Club 🌴

XOXO
    Lana

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Hi! @LanaCabana537 @brennerjlb Sunday the 6th is my bday!

@brennerjlb hope the surgery goes well. Knee surgery stinks. My stepdad had a knee replacement and he had some issues with blood clots. Other people have not had issues. Just make sure to keep moving within reason.

@LanaCabana537 love that idea with the lettuce going to try it out. Good luck with attorney.

~ Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    good afternoon

Not as hot today only 97 right now. It is better than yesterday.

Lettuce also makes good tortillas with burritos and lettuce is usually put in burritos anyway......Hope your apt was productive

Lynn - okay hot weather is not the greatest for crutches but if it keep knee replacement away.... Will keep good thoughts.

Had 2 calls today about same gentleman who was not taking no for an answer (via clinic staff). People with bad attitudes are also likely to get the "please dont come back to our clinic" letters.....just saying.

Off for a little food and loud zzzzz's.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2021
    Options
    z6i3blxq2ll3.jpeg
    *** June 2 ***

Good morning all ☀️

Sara, is today your middle of the week day off?

Lana

267.0 the scale tracked for me, didn't it? 😩
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I am all turned around and confused: you likely work every day this week since Monday was a holiday.

Don't mind me......fumble......

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

It is confusing as it is amazing that our company has Memorial Day off. It does not give us many holidays. So I am off Monday and Wednesday this week by choice - I chose not to look at work all days this week as I could have worked today to save my PTO. Monster is snarling but too bad.

hair cut/color done and church lunch was nice - nice to see people in person.

Still in the 90's but a breeze that is appreciated.

Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, when you've talked about where you live and the rain, I pictured you in No Ca--where are you that it gets that hot? I've had 103 in WI once, and a few 100+ otherwise, but wow. That's miserable.

Lana, I LOVE the lettuce scoop idea. Now if only I can remember it when I have my own home again!

Lynn, sorry about surgery. Is it scheduled?

All, thanks for the encouragement. I'm not getting a PHD supplement to my pay, which STINKS. But I may appeal. And I have gotten a permanent assignment at the school I wanted so that's very positive. Remembering to log today. It's harder when I don't have my own space--I'm living with dear friends for 2.5 weeks now and being a good guest, eating what I'm served (and loving it--they are great cooks). Lots of time for exercise and they eat very healthy, so I'm still losing. I just would like to get back to a predictable pace. I haven't had my own kitchen, etc., for quite some time--since May 11. It will be nice to be back to a place I call home.

Happy June, all.

Maureen
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

**** Peep! ****