Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,852 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    l37ac4j8iaws.jpeg
    *** October 25 ***

Good morning everyone~~

Sara - your mention of writing cards makes me realize that it is 2 months until Xmas. I have not sent holiday cards in decades, but I want to do it this year. I'm feeling isolated from my long-time peeps, and it's a good way to nurture connections.
    Good on you for your sending greetings to folks who aren't doing well at the moment. 🥰

The plumber is coming this morning to hopefully fix the toilet in guest room for guest who arrives tomorrow!

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later* 🌴

Lana

scale is at a scary number again today.....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana- good luck getting the toilet fixed.

Scale is not my friend but I keep trying to make friends with it.

Was able to get the last gift card from the health program through work, it is taxable income (what isnt anymore?) but I will enjoy buying things for myself for Christmas.

New job duties does not involve phone, so I can wear my headphones and listen to music. Also dont have to hear boss anymore- but I can hear her coming out of the office to check on us - are we
    behaving?? I have increased production and it is going faster than before....

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    1xodozk5osrw.jpeg
    *** October 26 ***

Hey Sara - that's good to hear about your new job duties with no phones! Heck with Dragon Lady.

I did some shopping and got stuff done. I've managed 2 miles. Not awful.

Lana

266.6 today

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ad67856js3by.jpeg
    *** October 27 ***

Good morning all ☀️

It's not easy trying to wake up when it is dark outside.

My bestie is coming today for a visit. She was originally booked to fly in yesterday, but United somehow canned her flight and put her on a flight today. More than ever, one must constantly check a booked itinerary to see if it has been changed! American has changed my January '23 trip several times now. Jeez.

Why do I hate taking a shower, now that I'm old? It is a chore it seems.

Grumpy Lana

266.6 again
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I agree on both things - showers used to be less of a chore / airlines are not predictable. I am glad your bestie is coming to visit you

Setting up grocery list for next week meals. At least some of them. Otherwise sleep reigns here, but it is
    "hit the brick wall" Thursday.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    q0i6wtg4c4qz.jpeg
    *** October 28 ***

Wow, I'm getting here rather late. Busy day started with a great walk in the woods. She is enjoying seeing all of the colorful trees. The shoe shopping was unsuccessful - her old feet are hard to fit for walking shoes! Oy!

Sara - I hope that your Friday at work flies by, and you are soon on your way to a relaxing weekend.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Happy Friday !!! Love having earphones on again. I get to tune everyone out (though I dont like the music up too loud).

Lana -glad you having fun with Fall and you at least tried to find shoes.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ppqkhyiz29ar.jpeg
    *** October 29 ***

It's Saturday - Yay!

Time to make the coffee and get going!

Wishing you all a great day 🌸

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    5fxq5iuuu1oo.jpeg
    *** October 30 ***

Good morning All~~

Just getting us started. What dreary weather has come to NC! Very Halloween-esque.

*waving at Pierre for more coffee* 🌴

Lana
  • whatsupscoobydoo
    whatsupscoobydoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon from the UK. I have been a long time lurker and have finally plucked up the courage to write something. I have read this thread right from the start.
    I have a 2629 day streak on MFP and have lost 81 pounds so far (although I have lost quite a few of those over and over again!)

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    Oh my goodness What'sUpScoobyDoo!

How very thrilling to have someone pop in from the UK!!! In this long-time thread, you have found a tiny little community of peeps, and we welcome all with open arms!

I'm so excited that you're here because of your amazing streak on MFP and your wonderful achievement of getting rid of 81 pounds. Congratulations on your success 🎉🎉🎉

Sara and I and the other ladies here are very "social" peeps, and we would love to hear more about you and where you are located in the UK (we get to search and gawk at maps) and anything else you can tells us!! Oh, and yes, we would love to hear about weight loss tips that you can share with us. 💖

Lana 🌴
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    PS to Dear UK Lady WUSD.....

I just did the math on your great accomplishment: your 2629 day streak is over 7 years. Wow!
    How wonderful!! Huge hugs 🤗

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Good evening,

End of a crazy day. I just caught myself falling asleep to watching a documentary on hummingbirds.

WUSD - hello!! Lana are we scary that people wont post? I hope not. 81 pounds - good for you.

I am not sure I have lost but it would be worse without checking in.

Shredded Chuck Roast is in fridge waiting to be made into meals and all things are in dishwasher. It was a mess but worth it.

I did not take a long nap as I can do, so question becomes when is too early to go to bed?

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    65nfob1x0nrk.png

Have a great day everyone!

Lana
  • whatsupscoobydoo
    Options
    Good evening. Thank you for the warm welcome. Happy Halloween 🎃

Although I have a 7 year plus streak on MFP there are times when the weight is creeping back up again that I just log in and do a quick add just so I don’t lose my streak, I am a bit OCD and don’t want to lose it now.

I forgot to add I have just turned 60, have a very tolerant other half, three grown sons and six fabulous grandchildren aged 5, 4, 3 , 2, 2, and 7 months old.

How did I lose 81 pounds (or 5 stone 11 in England). I woke up one day and decided enough was enough and I was fed up being very fat and very unfit. I weighed 220 pounds.

I came across MFP one day and thought it looked interesting purely because I like facts and figures and lists. It was amazing that there was a database where I could enter my food for the day and it would tell me how many calories I had eaten. On average I probably only had about 1200 calories which was probably too low. I followed this religiously for over a year and managed to lose about 90 pounds.
    About 6 months in I also invested in my very first Fitbit. I was even more amazed it could tell me how many steps I had done and all the other information. I increased my exercise and the weight fell off.

I have yo-yo dieted since then really but have never gone back up to anywhere near 220.

At the moment I am losing a bit as we have a holiday to Walt Disney World booked for January and I want to be a reasonable weight as I know I will put on weight, so much temptation and so much food absolutely everywhere. I know everyone says if you go to Disney you walk miles in a day but I actually have an average of about 20000 steps a day now (two dogs, one of which will go for miles and miles.) We have been several times before and make a bee line for the nearest Walmart and stock up on fresh fruit and salad within the first couple of days.

A bit of a long post but hopefully a bit of an insight into how I got here.
  • whatsupscoobydoo
    Options
    I knew I would forget something!

I live in Kent, a half hour train ride from London and a half hour drive to the coast.
    More importantly 5 minutes from my youngest son and two of my grandsons one of which has recently been diagnosed with ASD which has rocked our world a bit.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

WUSD- I had to google ASD. Things have come a long way in treatment/therapy. Still not an easy thing to find out.

Halloween usually dont have kids coming by so I will hide away like a mole. Also meant no Halloween candy in the house.

Tonights dinner was wheat tortilla Quesada with black beans, cheese and chuck roast. Will do that one again.

• whatsupscoobydoo
    Options
    Evening from the UK.
    Thanks for the reply tilliesmommie1, luckily our grandson was diagnosed reasonably early so we are very hopeful that with help he will flourish. Unfortunately at the moment he is non verbal so communication is very difficult.

It’s been raining most of the day and it has cooled off but luckily not enough to need the heating on.

Getting ready for a few days away in Portsmouth to see two of our other grandchildren, can’t wait. Food and drink is always plentiful and delicious so a few days of maintenance at least.

Sleep time now, up early again because the dogs are still running on British summer time although we have changed the clocks
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Rain in valley and rain/snow in mountains today. Pretty blue sky is appreciated. Looks like our "storm door" has opened and the huge high that sits on us all Summer is going away and a number of days of rain is forecasted. Bring out the blankets and the hot chocolate. Time to start binge watching.

Work is quiet as 2 coworkers are out for a couple days. Gives Dragon even less reason to come out. I just keep listening to the music.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Made it through Wednesday.

Made Mac and Cheese out of a box. Not the most highly nutritious, but I am having the same for lunch. I could do a lot worse.

Lana- hope you are having a blast with your friend visiting.