NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning gals! I am a bit under the weather today...not feeling great, but life goes on. LOL . My Dr only wants to see me one more time and then I am done. It's starting to get cold here in the mornings and I HATE cold. Makes the bones ache. LOL

@trooworld Good for you on the loss, yes we take anything and we do not compare our journey with others.

@TeresaW1020 So glad for your DH, listen to him. There is a song that I like and its a Christian song and it talks about I am never going back to the way it used to be...apply that here. :)

@theslightedgeforever good for you for planning ahead and succeeding on your plan!

@its_cleo I too am guilty of staying away..that's because I like to be alone in my own thoughts, it's got a good place to stay or be, but it's what I do. This is a part of life and you will get a new normal on this journey.

@RetiredAndLovingIt My DH and I lived in Boston for a year many years ago and on the weekends we would take a map and find the scenic routes in the states that were close by and just drive watching the foliage change...good memories.

@TrishasTime I understand your post all too much. I too have a GD...LOL . All I can say is I am learning.. Yes my PT told me the last day of therapy they would go over what I should be doing 3 times a week at home with me..so I just have to not be lazy and do that...just keep scheduling my PT as if I am leaving the house.

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Up at 4.30am this morning as I had to take son and family to the airport. They are flying to Bali.

I made some keto lemon spread yesterday, just waiting for DH to come home from farm to try it.

Take care
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I hope you feel better. People are passing around germs here. Stay away from me.

@trishastime Did dh like the lemon spread? I've been eating pumpkin spread on my pancakes the past couple of weeks since it's fall. Yummy. I look at this group like an AA meeting. If you don't want to post personals that's okay but come in and tell us one thing you deserve credit for that day. I keep a list each day. Every single thing I did right on this journey. Sometimes it's ate half a brownie instead of a whole one. We are all struggling. Struggling takes many different forms.

@trooworld What about riding the bike tonight after dinner for just 5 min. NO CHOICE. That's what I'm telling myself these days on my scheduled exercise days. I may not be able to get in my full amount but I can continue the habit of exercising on my exercise days. Cause once you give in, it strengthens that muscle and it's easier to give in the next time. Weight loss is not a sprint, it's a marathon as they say. Fast weight loss is fast weight gain in my opinion. I've watched too many people do it. It's the habits you are cultivating that will make maintenance a breeze. Congrats on the loss.

@teresaw1020 That's an awesome feeling when you don't have to shop in the plus size dept. Congrats. Nice find on the London fog coat.

@its_cleo Good to see you. I love cemeteries. If I have a goal set too high I wont even try to meet it. I need one just out of reach and then I slowly tweak it. You just need to decide what you deserve. Do you deserve a treat or deserve all the advantages that comes along with weight loss. Some days I deserve a treat after a hard day. But I'm learning that the other advantages are so much better. I keep a list on my Trello board and I read them everyday as a reminder of what I'm giving up if I don't stick to my plan.

I've been good this weekend so far. Stayed within my boundaries and got in my exercise. Now to just continue this week.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TrishasTime, I understand what you are saying! But we are always here for you even when you do go off the rails or just need to take time for yourself. Ugghhh sorry that your GD is making things stressful. She is blessed to have you and your husband. <3

@its_cleo, good for you for getting back to your regular exercising routine. Do you find that helps with your stress and moods? I know it does for me. I hear you about getting tired of setting goals and not being able to meet them. That has been me this week. :/

@trooworld, Wahhoooooo on your 1.4 lb loss! Girl you are on a roll. Keep it up!! B) And please don’t compare yourself to other people. I do that too and never leaves us feeling proud of our own accomplishments. You have a good list of foods that you will give up. Keto doesn’t like Doritos! ;)

@cbabie, sorry you aren’t feeling well. <3 Hubby woke up this morning not feeling well at all either. He got very cold yesterday at the wedding and I’m just hoping he will get better soon. He is skipping church this morning and that really means he doesn’t feel well.

@theslightedgeforver, good job on rocking your plan this weekend!! B)

Well, the wedding yesterday was incredibly beautiful, and the young couple was so full of love and joy. She looked stunning in her dress and the venue was a beautiful renovated old barn. They wanted an outdoor wedding with the reception inside, but no one thought that would happen because it rained all morning and afternoon. It was raining the whole hour drive to the venue and the moment we pulled up the rain stopped, and we ended up having the ceremony outside overlooking the north Georgia mountains with the fall leaves in the background. The pastor who married them spoke of how the bride and God were special buddies and we all saw the evidence as we looked up into the grey filled sky that looked like it was about to burst open at any moment. But the rain didn’t come again until the ceremony was completely over and everyone was inside the barn. How cool is that!! B)

And today is the double baby shower that I’m co-hosting with my children’s pastor. I’ve got to go make those little ham and cheese sliders that everyone loves so much before leaving for church. Have a great day everyone!! Ohhhh and I’m NOT doing those containers this weekend. Praying my weight doesn’t jump up too much. :p
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    Morning gals! Boy, we had fun last night! We dressed up (me, as Pippi Longstocking, my husband as Winni the Pooh) and we went to a haunted house with my sister-in-law and her friend, and then we went to a couple of bars in different parts of town and kind of people watched. Lots of cool costumes! We stayed out until 1:30 though and got up at 7:30 so I am really tired this morning. :/ Here is what I'm meal prepping, in case you need inspiration:

@cbabie I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, be good to yourself and take it easy. How do you feel about no more PT? Thanks, you are right, no comparing!

@TrishasTime wow that is early for the weekend! That lemon spread sounds yummy, what are you going to have it on? If it turns out well, share the recipe! I scheduled 20 minutes on the bike yesterday but failed to do it, I prepped for meal prep instead. :( I'll try again today.

@theslightedgeforever Maybe not after dinner (I get really lazy after dinner), but some time today for sure. Thanks for the pep talk, you are right as usual!!!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for your support, you are very, very right! Trigger foods report: No trigger foods consumed yesterday! :D The wedding sounds incredible. I hope the baby shower goes well!

EMPOWERED.
    October goals: track 3 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 3 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Thankyou

@trooworld - I love that you dress up for occasions. Make your exercise bike - a must do - even if it is for 2 minutes. At least you have been on it and it will get easier

@cbabie - I do you hope you feel better soon - you have had such a horrid run with health

@thelisghtedgeforever - Noted and again thanks. Good job on not making the weekend your "weak" end

Take care

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 Keto doesn't like Doritos. That's why I don't do keto. ;) Very cool on the rain stopping. Make good choices this weekend.

@trooworld I love couples who dress up. So much fun. So in a little daily calendar that has the hourly times at the side, it's good to plan out your day. You know when you get up, commute to work and back, work and go to sleep. Everything else is open. That's when you plug in your exercise and mealprep activities first. Then all the other stuff comes second. You can do this. You know that you get tired after dinner so it has to be in a slot before that for you to be consistent. Write down two lists. What happens if I follow my exercise plan consistently......What happens if I don't follow my exercise plan consistently. Think of as many ideas as you can. Then read those every day.

@trishastime What good thing did you do for yourself this weekend? How are you doing with the heat?

Today I stayed within my boundaries for a red day. But the meal I cooked was heavy with sodium. A twist on Chinese beef and brocolli. Had to use chicken instead cause of dh. I followed the recipe but it was too salty for us. I guess cause we really don't eat alot of salt normally. Exercise was 18 min walk on my own and then I met my walking club at the mall for 36 min. I normally do a 15 min walk in the morning but decided to up it by a few minutes. I almost bought a bag of Reese's Treats but said no and walked away. That will only strengthen my giving in muscle and weaken my resistance muscle. I can plan for it though if I really want it.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Morning gals! I feel like yesterday was very productive although I didn't get everything done that I had planned on. I did some meal prep and I worked on my continuing education, which is very important since it is due 12/31 and I didn't start it yet (there are 8 assignments to it!). I'm looking down at my October goals and I'm doing well with most of them except for riding the stationary bike. That will come in time though when things settle down.

@TrishasTime I hear you and I do need to do that. The problem is mostly a problem of priorities. For instance, yesterday, I could have ridden the bike but I chose to take a nap because I only got 4 hrs 46 mins of sleep and I figured I wouldn't get anything done if I didn't. I also chose to work on my continuing education since I hadn't started that yet.

@theslightedgeforever I wish my husband would dress in a couples costume but he's not down for that. We have to have separate costumes. :( I'll try your idea. Thanks. Great job not giving in to the Reeses!!!

EMPOWERED.
    October goals: track 3 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 3 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Afternoon from UK.
    I'm just at a little Starbucks roadstop on my way back home. Slept & read Saturday morning- I needed to decompress after that mad half term & then driving 2.5 hrs in the rain- not great on some of our country roads. Had fabulous weekend with my crafting girlfriends- indulged a little but not over indulged so pleased.
    Then I face-planted this morning whilst packing up my car- lovely mess of my chin! So I had a veggie breakfast wrap at the motorway services! Worse- my.lunch was a Starbucks caramel slice! At least I can go home to pumpkin soup! 😂😂

@cbabie having thought I'd be permanently disabled with my shoulder 5 years ago all I can say is- keep praying, have faith, it will take time but keep going with the exercise. Once I'd "healed" I totally plateaued for a year until the gym guys got me moving. A year on I can't believe the difference I'm shoulder pressing 4kg on a movement I couldn't even do last November. Pray for patience & keep working it!

@RetiredAndLovingIt thank you for support. X

@theslightedgeforever I tend to way once per week from WW advice because things fluctuate so much. Was supposed to be today but I wasn't at home. Will do tomorrow or Wed. I know my Trainer will ask but I kind of like not having the pressure of a certain day, so I can pull up if I've gone off.

@trooworld I wish I could capture the view as I'm driving. I'm right in the middle of the UK right now- Pennine mountains (all be it big hills!) The road follows the ancient Roman Road up & down right though the Northumbrian country side alongside Hadrian's Wall (Emperor of Roman had it built- ancient remains still there). In Autumn it's stunning. Well done on weight loss- a loss is a loss.

@TeresaW1020 thanks had a great break & just what I needed. Ah - trigger foods! Carbs & sugar!!! Although my lunch of a cake has done the trick because today I don't want to go over to prove I can have my cake & eat it! 😂

@TrishasTime I find it hard when I haven't been on point for a few days. I always try to log but sometimes I don't want to face myself never mind the group. Hang on in there. Stress is one of the hardest things when it comes to eating healthy because you can't be in control of everything & when stress happens it's one of the first things we drop. Try to remember if you're happy & eating better you will be stronger to deal with the GD. (Easier said than done, I know).

@its_cleo well done on the exercise. I need to improve my weekly routine to get twice a week & do a bit at home. Once habit set up it's not a problem- it's getting the habit, isn't it? I just hope, when I do weigh in that IS my actual weight loss & not me reading scales wrong half asleep!

Back to me car after my little stop. Might call at Hobbycraft on way home!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Isn't that the best feeling in the world. Feeling productive. I like those days. So you were talking about priorities. Health is #1 on the list. Without it, you won't be doing all of those other things on the list if you have a stroke or get cancer. You'll be too busy trying to learn how to talk again or walk. Or figuring out how to meal prep with one arm because the other one is paralyzed. Or going to a clinic for some chemotherapy. Then there's the whole side effects of that. We always think we have time to figure it out when things settle down until BAM we run out of time Exercise can be a little bit of a pick me up and can give us a bit of energy to be able to complete some of the other stuff we need to get done. It's mainly the thoughts in our head that hold us back. I say all this because I care about you and I've had two friends in the last two months diagnosed with the above. I don't want that to happen to you. Will you commit to 5 minutes?

@joannadavison Just curious but do you all across the pond go pumpkin crazy in the fall like Pumpkin Latte at Starbucks or is that just an American thing? Seems like they come up with new pumpkin products all the time. HAHA, I just read the last part of that paragraph and you said you went home to pumpkin soup. I guess that answers my question lol How is your chin? Your views sound so lovely. I need to put Durham on my bucket list. You were talking about stress and eating. In the current book I'm doing, that's one of the diet traps she mentions. Emotional eating. "If I eat when I’m upset, I’ll only feel momentary comfort. Then I’ll have 3 problems: the original problem, then feeling bad and out of control, and then weight gain. Do I want 3 problems or just one." Yes, I think our habits are the most important thing on this journey. I'm doing well on some habits and not so great on others. But I'm constantly giving myself credit for all the things I do right on this journey.

OK Food was in bounds today. Exercise was 22 min of walking in the a.m. and then did another 30 min walk later. Tomorrow is a rest day and a yellow day. I always like it when I can get more food. I'll be going out with a friend for breakfast.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Morning gals (or afternoon for some people lol)! I went to the doctor yesterday and she told me that my blood sugar number was a little high, it was 105, so we need to watch that. :0 I don't want to develop diabetes. It's my biggest fear. I have a long day ahead of me today, I have to work 6-4:30 to make up for my doctor's appointment yesterday. :(

@joannadavison That sounds like a marvelous Saturday. I'm sorry about the face plant, I hope you are okay? Pumpkin soup sounds lovely for Fall. Your driving path sounds wonderful, I can picture it now. Thanks for the support re: my loss.

@TeresaW1020 No trigger foods, how about you?

@theslightedgeforever Yes! Now that's some reality for you but that's the truth, isn't it? I've got a bike ride scheduled for 5pm Friday night, and 8 am Saturday. I can also do Sunday. I don't have any time other than that, honestly, I don't. I can't do anything before Friday.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld, Developing diabetes is one of my biggest scares too and runs heavily in my family. I fell off the no trigger food wagon this weekend and all the sugary carbs have my weight off and me feeling icky. I was back at it yesterday. When will I ever learn that it's just NOT worth it!! :/ Your Halloween party sounded fun. When hubby and I first got together we went to a party at a bar with drag queens. That is a whole other story!! ;) But anyway, he dressed up as a rich old geezer and I dressed up as a golddigger with a big blonde wig and lots of fake bling. We had the best time! :D

@joannadavison, ouch to the face planting!! Glad you had a good weekend with your girlfriends. What did you craft? :)

So, I wrote above that I did terribly at the baby shower. :s Two days of eating off plan was NOT a good idea. It brought back all my sugar cravings and lowered my resistance to saying no. Not an excuse I know! :/ Anyway, I was back on plan yesterday with my exercise and container eating. I still don't like those containers and plan to continue tracking on Carb Manager just to keep myself more accountable. This coming weekend is hubby and my anniversary getaway. He is taking me to see Mercy Me and Crowder in concert and shopping for new winter clothes. I'm super excited about both!! I've already planned where we are going to eat and there will be NO sugar. There might be a little wine. ;)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld You can do it and stay out of the diabetes game. You've got a plan. I was prediabetic for about 3 years but now I've got it back down under 100. I'm hoping to stay that way since I had two diabetic parents. Yes, the reality of my friend's situation became more grim. The cancer has already spread to 4 places. But I believe in miracles.

@teresaw1020 Okay, so how did the off plan eating start. You looked at all the food, ran over to the table and started filling your plate with all the goodies? Knowing where the potholes are in the road makes you aware to step around them next time you walk down that street. Try and think of all the thoughts that were going through your head at the time. Today my 100 day lesson was about Starting over this very moment. Not waiting til the next morning. The moment you realize that you are off plan is the moment to recommit. So for instance you are walking back to where you are seated and you look at your plate and realize I shouldn't have put all these things on my plate. Two choices you can do. 1) Walk to the nearest garbage can and dump them or dump all but one. 2)Go put back the items on the serving plates if you are worried about waste. The thing with waste is that the food is wasted whether its in your body or the garbage can. If you are worried about what people might think, a little discomfort is a whole lot better than stepping on the scales and seeing the higher number and feeling icky. Perspective, I know. Have you thought of tweaking your plan to inlcude a treat now and then? If you plan for the treat, you are in control. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Because you are going off your plan anyway. So why not just make the plan to fit your life style.

I had another successful OP day. Thank God it was my last red day for the week. Looking forward to some yellow tomorrow. I went out for breakfast with a friend and had an omelette and a croissant. It was an exercise rest day. Tomorrow back at it with a short walk in the morning when I wake up and then walking club. That's the plan anyway.

October is almost done. What are your November goals?
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello gals! I wanted to show you the pumpkin I made for my husband's work contest that is today. I got the idea on Pinterest. I think it came out pretty well! Yesterday was someone's anniversary at work and there was food but all I ate was a couple of pieces of cheese and some pepperoni. Yay me! :)

@TeresaW1020 Diabetes doesn't run in my family BUT that doesn't mean I can't develop it, right? Let's get to it, girl! No trigger foods for me yesterday! Your evening with drag queens sounds like that would have been fun lol. Cute costume, too. I'm glad you are back on plan now. One foot in front of the other, right? I hope you enjoy your weekend getaway.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! I need to step up the water and I know that. I'm working on it, but doing a lousy job lol. I know I can get my sugar number down. Nobody in my family has diabetes. I'm so sorry for your friend. I hope for a miracle, too. I'm going to step up some of my October goals and keep some of them for November: I'm going to up my tracking goal since I seem to be doing well with that, keep my liquids goal, lower my bike goal to "ride the stationary bike for 5 minutes 3 times a week" and up my "lose 1 lb" goal to "lose 2 lbs". Enjoy your yellow food! ;)

EMPOWERED.
  • trooworld
    Options
    ktckd69ptc8p.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning! :)

@theslightedgeforever, my going off-plan started with eating a little something that I shouldn’t and then getting more and then more. It’s a reoccurring issue with me that needs to stop! I like the plan to start over the moment I realize what I’m doing. I’ve done that before, and it is empowering to exercise that kind of control. I’ve gone into work with the Krispy Kreme box still on the counter with leftover donuts and instead of eating them I’ve sprayed bug spray on them and put them in the trash. On the baby shower morning, I was the only one in the building for an hour setting up all the food for the party. There were donut holes left on the counter and I popped one in my mouth and then the rest of the 4 left in the box. Eating that sugar just set me up to overeat once the party started, including a cupcake. The thing is, as you know, I’m going to constantly be faced with these eating issues and being left alone with the food because part of my job is setting up these events. And yes! I do much better when I plan my indulgence and not let the indulgence take control of me. This weekend, hubby and I have a couple of planned indulgences for our weekend getaway and I won’t feel guilty even if my weight stays the same or even bounces up a little. Mindset really is everything! Thank you!! <3

@trooworld, good going on not eating off your plan at the party! Yes, one foot in front of the other. I’m really looking forward to my weekend getaway. My love language is gifts and hubby knows that very well. ;)

I’m reflecting on October and how I did. I didn’t lose any weight, which of course is annoying, but I only have myself to blame. What I did do right is to start my new exercise routine with Beachbody on Demand and walking on the treadmill. I know that my body has firmed up this month and I did get into a size 14 jean, which still thrills me. I plan to take my measurements later and see if I lost inches this month. I think I did.
    So, now I’m thinking about my plan for November and how to make it better and get better results. Like finally making it to Onderland!! The only big eating event is the church Thanksgiving dinner and I’ve WILL have a plan of action. I’m doing a Keto Thanksgiving at home for hubby and me. I’m going to commit to working out every day in November (thanks for the idea @its_cleo ;) ) And I’m going to track what I eat in Carb Manager. I might still play around with that container idea but it’s the tracking that I really believe in and can do consistently. I'm also going to pull out one of my charts to keep me accountable. Ya'll know how I like a good spreadsheet. :D So that is my plan! What’s yours? :)
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever yes it's Hallow'en crazy here too. When I was a kid & young adult we did have parties & carved turnip lanterns- they were a nightmare. Pumpkins started making an appearance in the late 80s- much easier to carve. A few farms now do pumpkin patches but supermarkets sell them. Annoys me though, that we can't get them after 31st- I love pumpkin soup & pie! (Only got a good recipe for the latter last year but was introduced to it by American Exchange students when I was at University). Trick or treat is crazy here- my American brother in law was quite shocked at the randomness of it. Pumpkin spice lattes in most coffee shops not just the chains. Thanksgiving starting to creep in which is a bit ironic really along with 4th July (go figure??)
    I am trying to move my comfort eating to healthy warming foods now- had my cake, time to move on. I felt awful yesterday & this morning but now enjoying a hard earned latte after gym session- half hour on elliptical then an hour with trainer. Not exactly buzzing but feel more energised.

@Trooworld & @TeresaW1020 diabetes a worry for me too. My paternal Grandmother died through its complications- although this was before I was born & a lot more known about it now. One of my cousins has health conditions which I think are related (in touch but not close).
    I do scrapbooking mainly- not had much time recently but I came across it when eldest was 4 months old & I had just bought a photo album in which I could journal the details. Found a class & got started. Now I have a sisterhood of 8 others (2 are carmakers, rest are scrapers)- we met on-line/at classes years ago & eventually met up. We now meet once or twice a month & go away twice a year for weekend- rent out cottages & meeting room from an old church friend couple who have a retreat centre.
    Jaw bruised & sore but doing better!

Pumpkin is awesome.

Love what happened to Krispy Kreme!!! I hate that the motorway services sell them. I avoid them like the plague-- too more-ish!
    I'll try & post pix.
    I have to get youngest to police Training centre tonight- they have drill practice for Remembrance Sunday Parade- Sunday nearest 11th Nov- is that the one you call Veterans Day??
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    The chin!
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    v0owhlab8u4d.jpg
    Taken from Durham University Sports Centre
  • JoDavo66
    Options