NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals! Well, the plumbing situation turned out okay, it turned out to be something the HOA had to take care of (luckily) and they took care of it at about 5:00 p.m. last night. So, we have a functioning toilet and shower once again! lol

@cbabie WTG on the treadmill!!! Literally the plumbing problem stunk lol! I'm glad it is over.

@TrishasTime We ended up paying $75 just because we started claiming it on our home warranty and they sent a plumber out before the HOA sent out their plumber, but that is it, so it worked out. I hope today is a better day for you!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. I don't think I'm going to like the cabbage roll stuff, but we'll see. Hahaha to the brownie points!

@its_cleo Hello! Thinking of you.

EMPOWERED.
    October goals: track 3 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 3 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @joannadavison, as usual, your life is crazy busy. I would freak out if I lost my hairdresser. I’ve had her for the last 12 years and can’t imagine going elsewhere. Glad you found someone good! :)

@trooworld, you are right that you don’t get many Whisp for the price they charge. I saw where you could make your own using tiny silicone baking cups and a microwave. But I’m wayyy to lazy for all that. :D Glad the HOA was able to fix your bathroom problems. They are always the worst issues to have! :#

@TrishasTime, I have heard of dirty Keto and have done quite a bit of it. My coach wants me to completely go clean Keto and has her “approved” food list that I’m going to follow with the containers. I’m starting today and will let you know how it goes. :)

@theslightedgefover, I am helping my youth pastor redo his youth room since he has zero understanding of how to make the room look homey. I have four containers of different sizes plus tablespoons, which I get to eat a certain amount of each every day. My coach swears this is easier than just plugging things into a tracker. I’m on the fence about that but willing to be openminded. ;)

@cbabie, good job on getting a 30-minute treadmill walk in! I’ve already dug out my sweatshirts and socks too. I have a feeling that I’m going to freeze this winter. :#

@its_cleo, I know that gaining is so frustrating! I’m up this week too and don’t really understand why. We just have to keep on doing our best and the weight will come off. Be good to yourself! <3

Good morning! :) My plan for today is to clean my house and get hubby to help me rearrange our home office. I told him when we moved into this house that I might move stuff around and do not get used to anything! :D I’m also going to start a new exercise program called Piyo this morning and hope it doesn’t kill me. There are 10 more weeks until the New Year and I really want to reach the goals I’ve set for myself. Mainly to get my butt into Onderland!! :p
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I will not be able to get on the treadmill today. I have people coming to my house at 9am and there just wont be time. Today is full of appointments...YEA. one of which is therapy . I had to get DH to turn the cooler up, my hand hurt so bad, I was under a blanket in the living room chair..freezing...he turned he temp up some,but I was still cold. I asked him to do it more please. So my hand is better today. Amazing how moister effects your body.

@TeresaW1020 I would love to have the heating elements that Therapy has, it feels like those warmed hospital blankets..LOL. I hope you get your office where you want it. My DH hates when I get in those moods..LOL . I have the Piyo disc, just couldn't do it and it sits on a shelf. Maybe someday.LOL

@theslightedgeforever good job...I can see you telling your DS brownie points and he says where is the brownie. Or actually that would be DH..LOL

@trooworld So glad it was an HOA issue and you are up and "going" again. :) I hope you have a great day...and you get on your bike.

@its_cleo I am glad your uncle is in good spirits. I am sure you being there helps.

@TrishasTime Yes I think I have found a church I like. MY GGD loves the nursery too, so it's a win win.
    If it makes you feel better I had a bad food choice day yesterday too..Stress was my trigger (worry)

Cbabie
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    @trooworld those meals sound nice & how very organised! I hope you get plumbing sorted!
    @Trishastime sometimes we just have to draw that line.
    @theslightedgeforever well done OP & steps. Why do you think your weight loss sluggish? It saddens me that I could put 7lbs on in a week but only loose half with brilliant focus! Doesn't seem fair! Gone are the days of big losses following big gains! 😥
    @cbabie I've changed up a few things as PT suggested and now I'm making little changes within my regular meals (I tend to have same breakfast & lunches especially during working week). I dug out an old diet plan from 11 years ago (Rosemary Conley- was popular in UK for years til she retired) & had a look at the "kickstart" booklet for quick ideas that suited the advice given. Interestingly my macros & micros are much closer to MFP set goals. Carbs %down & will be less now I've made small tweek for lunch, fat & protein increased - on track! I'm away at weekend so won't be perfect but will try 2 weeks & see what happens.
    @its_cleo thinking of you, chemo is tough!

My boss (long term sick at mo) & the other 2nd in dept (young daughter was rushed to hospital) been off Mon & Tues- so unofficially HoD for 2 days wierd as I haven't done that for about 8 years! Apart from covering a lot of tasks without extra time & therefore getting backlogged during the day- I actually enjoyed the challenge, although I wouldn't want to go back to that full time! Monday became a rediculously long day. Today was manic but I only over ran my normal Tuesday by 20mins!

New plan as off Monday- seems OK so far. More protein, less carbs! Going for it!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @its_cleo I gained 15 lbs when my mom was diagnosed and going through treatment. It didn't help me or her. I never lost them and kept gaining because there was always other problems right around the corner and I didn't deal with my emotions except through eating. That didn't solve the problems but made me feel good at the time until I stepped on the scale or kept having to buy bigger clothes. So now I'm working on learning new skills. Just found out today that my friend has cancer. I'm tired of people being diagnosed with it.

@trooworld That's great news about the plumbing. Did you track your meals this week?

@teresaw1020 I hope this program works for you. Tell her you are still tracking how many red containers you have to use. Tracking is tracking. lol I had an app for the colors once upon a time. The challenge will be when you are at a church potluck. Will you take the containers with you? I use my red container to measure out my blueberries. I put in a mini fridge upstairs in the family room for those times we want a snack and are too lazy to go downstairs. So I keep my containers upstairs and use them to measure out my cereal and such.

@cbabie I wonder if some of those ICY/HOT creams would help your wrist. Here's an idea. Remember the beanbag sock thingy that mom made for her cancer neck pain? She would throw it in the microwave to heat it up. You could use one like that and wrap it around your wrist. As part of my last 100 days I'm doing a couple of books by Judith Beck. Today I was reading about emotional eating and this is what I put in my journal. This is from the book Diet Traps.

While eating may temporarily distract you from difficult feelings, once that distraction has worn off, you are likely to experience regret for straying from your plan—and you will probably feel even worse than before.The way to escape emotional eating traps is to learn how to deal with discomfort in a new way.But if you are seeing a problem accurately and there’s nothing you can do at the moment to solve it, you need to learn to accept your distress. Accepting distress is a learning process.

@joannadavison Why do I think my weight loss is sluggish? As I lose weight, my body won't be burning as many calories as it used to and my calories in number will have to go down. My goal is a pound per week and I've been just right under that lately. So I'll just drop one of my days by 50. Last time I dropped all of my days by 100 and then couldn't stick to any of the boundaries. Too much for my mind to handle I guess. So I'm taking it slow this time. Yeah, I remember the big losses when I was younger. Sometimes it's good to try a new meal plan. The body wakes up and says wait what's happening? Of course being consistent with the meal plan is more important than the actual mealplan itself. So keep tweaking it until you find the perfect match for you.

Today was a good OP day. For exercise I did some walking, yoga, and yard work.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello gals! Believe it or not, yesterday was so hot here, it got up to 92F! Tomorrow is supposed to be worse, I believe. :( Where is Fall??? My officemate came back from a 3-week trip yesterday. One of the reasons I've been able to do so well on keto is that she has been gone and not eating stuff in our office, well now she is back and she was eating a cheese bagel, chocolate and macaroni and cheese in our office yesterday. I just left the office when she was eating it. I feel pretty strong still.

@TeresaW1020 LOL...I may try making some, but I'm kind of lazy, too! ;) I'm glad too...it stinks to have only one bathroom!!! I've heard of Piyo, and heard it's good but tough. Good luck!

@cbabie I hope therapy goes well. I'm glad your hand was better when the heat was turned up. Could you get one of those electric throw blankets? Not the ones you put on the bed, but they have those throw blankets that are electric that you could wrap up in. Yes, I'm glad I'm back in business, too. I think I will ride the bike this morning.

@joannadavison Thanks, plumbing is all sorted out! Your week has sounded hectic as usual lol.

@theslightedgeforever Yep, pre-tracked my week and have been tweaking as needed! :) Sounds like another great day for you, WTG!

EMPOWERED.
    October goals: track 3 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 3 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @cbabie, you should get one of those small portable heaters and keep it next to you. I have one that I will use under my desk at home in the winter. Or get an electric blanket! We got the office moved around and we both like it much better! :)

@theslightedgeforever, I will not take my containers to the potlucks! :D My coach’s thoughts are that containers will help me see what portions are better, and she might be right about that. I do tend to eat too big of portions. I will like them for packing my lunch for work. I often get lazy and not weigh out my nuts and just guess and put them in a baggie. The little blue container (1/4 cup) will take the guessing away. ;)

@trooworld, sheesh I hope you see fall soon. Crazy weather in the world! :# Yes! Being around tempting foods is hard but you just must stick to your plan and not let her derail you. It’s like me with the Halloween candy that is all over my office because of our fall festival next week. It’s so hard not to cave into it when it’s right there sitting in the open, but I have to tell myself that it’s NOT my candy. I’m doing a no trigger food challenge in my group on MFP. Do it with me! We are stronger than our temptations!! <3

Good morning! Unlike trooworld today is cool and beautiful! Fall is the best time of year and I just love watching the trees change colors. Today is a busy day! I have to go to several stores and go grocery shopping. This Saturday, I am going to a wedding and need to go find some pantyhose. I HATE pantyhose!! :s But thankfully, I found the perfect dress to wear. Then Sunday, we are having a double baby shower for two moms-to-be in our church. I’m in charge of the games, prizes, and some of the food. I’m making those Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders that are sooooooo good!! I’m on the fence if I will allow myself one. B) This weekend sure as heck isn’t going to fit into my new container system. But you know what? That is OK!! I am committing to doing my plan perfect 95% of the time and allowing myself a meal or party once or twice a month. If I am not realistic then I won’t do it at all. OK, I’m off to torture myself and do some Piyo!! Have a great day! :)
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I am convinced my hormones (or lack of them) playing a huge part with me- I seem to be storing fat in places I never had it before. Not great when I haven't lost it from other places ! I also think I am sleep deprived- not by huge amount but enough to be "not helpful". So I am working on that!

@trooworld -stay strong & away from workplace saboteurs. I work with those types- one lovely guy's wife works in a Supermarket Pharmacy & sends in loads of lovely biscuits & cakes! I have to walk away. Good to see you plumbing sorted! Where's Fall?? It's here in Durham- very Autumnal!

@TeresaW1020 What's a no trigger food challenge? Sounds interesting. How do you 'define' trigger foods? Good idea doung food for babyshower! I'm away at weekend & hoping not to get sucked in!

One & half days left before 'half term' holiday!! I am so ready for a rest! At least next half term, up to Christmas, won't be quite so manic as applications for schools & colleges deadline is coming up so no more additional visits every week. Just Mom's taxi service 3 nights a week and hopefully I'll get back to my church house group on a Monday for some 'being an adult' time!

• theslightedgeforever
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @trooworld That's a good strategy to have...get up and leave. Kills the temptation. Plus you get in extra steps by getting up and getting out of your chair. You sound like you're on a roll. Maybe Fall will come later and no winter.

@teresaw1020 It's true once you start measuring you can eyeball and see what it looks like on your plate. I have a little glass cup that is 1/4. So I always put my nuts in there. Instant portion control. Otherwise I would keep eating. I've been eating walnuts and almonds. I think time to buy some cashews. I'm going to a potluck gathering of friends tomorrow and I'm bringing sliders. I've preplanned one plus a dessert of some kind. The hostess is serving duck. (hardpass) and rice (pass). That's all I know. But I've left myself lots of carbs and calories for whatever else ends up on that table. So far that strategy has worked for me in the past.

@joannadavison I hear you on the hormones. I'm suddenly top heavy along with belly and my legs are thinner. That never happened before. I'm more apple shaped now where as before I was pear shaped. I'm glad to hear you have scheduled in some adult time for yourself.

I have a good NSV today. I had stepped on the scale and gasped when it said I gained a lb from yesterday. I've been eating chicken and salad for the past four days. All red days lower than 100 carbs. Only thing I can gather is maybe sodium from my diet coke I splurged on. Anyway, I was in my closet getting dressed and looked at a shirt that's been hanging there 2-3 years. With tags still on it. I wondered how close I was to getting it to fit. IT FIT! I was so excited. The sleeve is just a bit tight so maybe another 5 lbs would do it but it's wearable. My body composition must be changing as I've been at this weight before but couldn't fit into the shirt. So onward to try on all the other clothes that are still hanging in my closet.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Morning gals! Well, I didn't get to ride the bike yesterday as I had to make a phone call to our health insurance instead. But hopefully, I will be able to ride this morning. Things are going well with tracking and eating, though.

@TeresaW1020 Yes indeed! I'm doing well so far, staying away from her tempting food. How do I do your no trigger food challenge? I'll do it!!! I hate pantyhose, too. :( Those Hawaiian ham and cheese sandwiches are the bomb!!! Enjoy your Piyo!!!

@joannadavison So far, I'm able to stay away from that free food! :D Oh my, free biscuits and cakes??? Yikes! Durham in Fall must be very beautiful. Any pictures of the changing leaves? :)

@theslightedgeforever It is working so far. I do seem to be on a roll, don't I? I wouldn't mind all Fall and no winter. Congrats on the shirt fitting, that's very exciting!!! Your body is changing, your plan is working!!! WTG!

EMPOWERED.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Really got to take the time to get in here. Been so busy I barely have time to log my food. Starting today I will try to make the effort to read the daily posts and post myself. Hope everyone is doing well. Will try to got caught up on posts later today.
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever yes- pear to apple- totally- but I am cooking apple :(
    Well done on the NSV! I have some dresses I bought when I started this job (1 still has the tag on) & they are a goal- get back into them, I have some dresses in my "current" size that are a 1st goal- smaller fit than my work's trousers!! I do think that sort of NSV gives you a good boost.
    @trooworld- I'll take you some photos. The best part is near the college- the trees there give such a range of colours- it's catching them at the right time
    @renaergy I struggle to keep up, at times, too.

I know it's bad practice but I weighed myself this morning- I think I've lost 3lb since Mon!!! I hope it wasn't me half asleep!!!
    Waiting for my girls to come out of school- another 6th form open night. Thankfully the last. She's selected 2 so far & applied. One is at her current school which is her 1st choice. It's such a different system now, from when I was a kid- parental choices throughout, now- at Nursery (now 2 year old, was 3 when mine started) then Primary at 4 years & some -like us- had primary split into infants (4-7) & Juniors (7-11) so another application, then seconday- when they're 11 and finally 6th form at school or college or apprenticeship at 16 (some schools have 6th forms & others are colleges).
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all,

I am just checking in. I haven't been walking or the treadmill the last couple of days. I go to the Dr here in about an hour and then on to PT. So I will check in tomorrow with the news. I am expecting to hear that the Dr is closing my case and I only have 3 more sessions of PT. It will be all up to me and God at that point.

I will do personals later.

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all, yes the leaf trip was to see the changing colors, but think we were a little early. They are really turning around here now, that is what the wind hasn't blown off! Getting pretty cold at night, so think fall is finally here. Hope it helps the allergies!

@joannadavison & @theslightedgeforever --it must be hormones. This time, way past menopause, I am shaped different, too. Stomach stays, top stays-although I wouldn't mind a little going (usually lose there first), & I think my legs are slimmer, too. I bought a couple of pairs of colored jeans on Black Friday & after washing (&not even drying in dryer, I couldn't wear them. Have only lost a few pounds since then, but they fit now! Guess my walking is doing some good.

@cbabie Hope you have good news at Dr. Just keep working the hand, I think it will get there!

@reneagry I am terrrible about keeping caught up also. :'(

Well, have to run & pick up gson & take to eye therapy appt.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Good for you for staying away from the tempting food. Are you drinking all your liquids? I've been just a bit better about that for the past couple of days.

@renaegry, Congrats on the weight loss. This group is like my daily AA meeting.

@joannadavison Daily weighing. I weigh daily. I think everyone is different. I like having the daily reminder of keep going you're doing great or uh-oh better work harder. Sodium bloat is always hard to predict but it usually comes back off after a couple of days. woohoo on 3 lbs. Those dresses will be fitting well soon.

@cbabie I think baby needs a walk in the park. That will be relaxing for both of you. What did the dr say?

@retiredandlovingit Hooray on fitting into the colored jeans. Isn't it the best when our hard work pays off?

Today was an exercise rest day. I went to a friend's house for dinner and did very well and stayed within my boundaries. It was potluck so I had no idea what to expect but I left enough carbs/calories to work with. My sliders were so yummy. I'll definitely be making those again.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Good morning gals! I didn't get on the bike yesterday morning, I ended up paying bills, and can't today as I have to go to work early. We'll see if I can find some time this weekend to ride. :/

@renaegry I find that I do better when I read the posts and post.

@joannadavison Don't go out of your way, but if you are out and about and take them, I'd love to see them! :D Congrats on the loss!!!

@cbabie I hope that is good news?

@RetiredAndLovingIt Oh dear, too early, that's too bad!

@theslightedgeforever I've been a bit low on liquids, I need to pump it up. That's great that you had a good experience at the potluck.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @joannadavison, I define trigger foods as something that once I eat it, I want more and more. Candy and other sweets are a huge trigger for me. It’s like my brain gets highjacked. The “no trigger food” challenge is a way to try to keep me mindful. And with a wedding and a baby shower to attend I need all the mindfulness I can get! See my post to trooworld and join us if you would like. I hope you get a chance to rest on your holiday! :)

@theslightedgeforver, Yayyyy for the shirt fitting!! B) This is why we really shouldn’t just rely on what the scale says. My weight is basically at a standstill since I started all this exercising, but my shape is changing and I’m fitting into smaller sizes too! Go us!!! :)

@trooworld, decide what foods are triggers for you and decide that you are NOT going to eat them for the rest of the month. You know mine is candy and with this being the great candy month, I really need to stay focused. Check-in here every day and let me know how you did, and I will let you know how I did. And if we have a slip there is no judgment. <3

Good morning! :) So, I’ve got a big NSV to share with you all! This wedding on Saturday is supposed to be rainy and cool and I don’t own a coat that goes well with this fancy dress I bought. So, hubby and I went to the consignment shop to look. They didn’t have something suitable, but I did get a perfect condition London Fog black coat for only $35 and it was an XL and fit perfectly!! Then we went to TJ Maxx and I found a black cape shawl that will work great for the dress! And it was a Large! As I was looking and trying things on I went into the plus-size section and even the 1X sweaters and coats were too big. Hubby told me that I am NOT to even walk in the plus-sized section anymore. I’m thinking that I might even do some dancing at this wedding! B)
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Absent from the group - ME TOO - when I get super stressed or busy, I tend to drop the one thing that keeps me in the game (this thread). I am not sure if I do not want to face you guys when I am so off the rails OR I just want to be by myself and cope the best way I can during the stressful time. One of my key stressors is my GD, although she lives with her mum now - it seems that DH and I still pull her out of the messes she gets herself into.

@theslightedgeforever and @teresaw1020 - What wonderful non-scale victories. Proud of you both :)

@trooworld - Glad that your plumbing issue has been resolved. Perhaps you need to put an appointment in your diary for the exercise bike, so it does not get overwritten by other tasks

@cbabie - Will they give you things to go on with after the appointments finish?

@RetiredAndLovingIt _ It will be 100F tomorrow - that is a total 180 degree from what you are seeing

@joannadavison - Hope the work situation settles down soon

@renaegry - Congrats on the loss, your trip away must be coming up soon

Take care everyone
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @TrishasTime I understand, I am like that too. I stop posting if I’m having a tough time. That's pretty much why I haven't been posting. Also I just have more work than I did in the summer so I'm busier.

@TeresaW1020 that is great about the dress and avoiding the candy!

@trooworld are you liking your new indoor bike? I used to bike a lot, but I gave it up years ago.

@Retiredandlovingit I run sometimes through a very old cemetery here and it was so beautiful today with leaves changing colour and all the fall flowers they plant.

@cbabie so glad you’re almost done PT!

@joannadavison congrats on the weight loss!
    I’m ok. Trying to get back into a regular exercise routine. So this week I exercised once a day. That was the first time, my exercising had really dropped off the last few weeks. It was kind of a tough slog to get back into it, but I’m doing my best.

I’m on track with my calorie goal this week but not sure it will equal weight loss bc my goal is pretty high. But it’s still lower than I usually eat. I was just tired of setting a goal and couldn’t meet it week after week.

Tomorrow I have errands, may go buy some new running shoes. Sunday I’m getting together with some friends.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Morning gals! Today was weigh-in day and I'm down 1.4 lbs. It's not a huge amount compared to what some people lose on keto, but it's a loss for me and I feel great, I'm losing consistently, so I'll take it! :) Tonight, we are going to dress up in our Halloween costumes and go out amongst the goblins and ghouls to celebrate Halloween. It should be fun!

@TeresaW1020 Okay, sounds great! Since my foods are basically no nos on keto, so hopefully it will be pretty easy for me, here's my list: pasta, chips (especially Doritos), and cheese and crackers. Oh my gosh, what a neat NSV!!! Woo hoo!!!! Congrats! :D

@TrishasTime Sorry you are having a tough time but glad you popped in. I'm glad plumbing issues are resolved, too. That's a good idea to put in my calendar, I think I'll try it...thanks.

@its_cleo Well, lol, I've been on it exactly two times! :( I do like it but I hate to exercise so I need to force myself to ride it. I'm going to do it, I swear!!! Enjoy your shopping and time with friends.

EMPOWERED.