NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    @ all!!! Bloods back mid-week. I love the gym/fitness challenges.

I need to work out how to put mine on a signature!

Had good laugh this morning the young people met at our Minister's house & we (his wife not him, another 2 parents & the 10-15s) planned an escape room for the 'Nativity' service at church. They feel too old to be dressing up as Mary & Joseph now but want to do something fun rather than traditional- so we are setting it up '"Cafe Church" style! My youngest played The Star as a Celebrity Star 2 years ago- so funny she's reprised the character every year since.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Woohoo on the bike. That's great. Yes, back on track at your next meal. Thanks for sharing your menus.

@its_cleo Yes but does sugar like you? I'm learning to have sugar in controlled portions and I enjoy every bite. I like that Chemo Warriors. I love his attitude. I'm glad you feel better. They first gave my mom 6 months. She lived 8 more years. Drs just don't know. Problem was for 8 years I thought of my mother as dying. Then one day my friend said you've been saying that years now. So it's good to live each day as we never really know how much time we have.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @joannadavison I was trying to figure out the signature thing the other day. Then got sidetracked. What a neat idea for Nativity. I hope you get good results.

I stayed OP today with my food and did 59 min of walking.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Between the water bloat from drinking and eating this weekend. And the bloat from pms weight is aweful this morning. 17 days to trip. Must get serious.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals! I got most of my meal prep done yesterday, which is good.

@its_cleo Thanks! Yes, it does and I'm hoping to build the habit of getting on the bike so that I can increase the length of time gradually. Yeah, sugar is yummy but also not so good for us. :/ I like your uncle's spirit! I'm glad you got to see him and it was a good visit.

@joannadavison I just find my last message and copy and paste...unfortunately no shortcut! :( The kids sound creative...and a lot of fun!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for your support (as always!). And I was back on track at my next meal as planned! Nice job walking.

@renaegry What's your plan? Do you have one yet?

EMPOWERED.
    November goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 5 minutes a day 3 times a week, lose 2 lb
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I did get on the treadmill on Saturday, but Sunday was a bust. However, I still hit my 10K steps. My weight is inching up again, so like @reneagry, I need to get serious...LOL With the holidays coming, I need to have a plan in place.

@theslightedgeforever I still remember being called into my bosses office, so that I could be told about moms cancer. I never thought of us seeing mom as dying..I do look back and wish I had spent more of my time with her.
    I think my treadmill should go in my garage, but no room right now. I think that is where I will start decluttering.

@joannadavison So glad your chin is healing. Glad you got you blood work done, my mom always said forewarned is forearmed. She was a fighter...LOL

@its_cleo I had to laugh hearing you talk about your Uncle...I think he and my mom would have been great a cancer gang together..she loved bling and motorcycles..I am happy your uncle has a great outlook on this. It really helps with the healing.

@trooworld I love your enthusiasm for living each day. Great job on the bike!! Your recipes sound good, I am still looking at the air fryers.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :) I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Hubby and I had a wonderful weekend getaway. The concert was amazing and our two days of shopping gave me lots of new clothes for the next few months of fall and winter. Everything I bought just barely fits me which means I need to get back on my plan and continue to lose weight. Today, I need to go to the grocery store and hopefully pick up my work computer, that is in the shop. Plus, I have to figure out what is wrong with my Office suite on my home computer. Yes, @theslightedgeforever, computer glitches are the worse!! :#:s
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    @trooworld good question. Will start with eating less. Been doing the understanding your calories on Fitbit. And was looking thru it and I not reaching my goal. Goal is to be within 50 cals of 1500 and burning 2276 cals. So definitely need to start eating better. Will start with more veggies. Lots of chicken.

Heading to Yorkton today for acupuncture. Going to check out Quesada for lunch. Will have a burrito bowl with chicken and lots of veggies.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @renaegry What goes up must come down. You can do it! So now you have a plan. Preplan your meals and snacks each day to within 50 cals of 1500. I just plug in what I want to eat and if I'm over my calorie limit, then I start working with portion sizes. For instance, I'll have 1 c of spaghetti and not 1.5 c. When I get my numbers like I want them, that's what I eat for the day. I just measure my food and go. I do plan in things like popcorn and chocolate occasionally. All of my treats. Burrito bowl sounds good.

@trooworld Yes, the habit of getting on the bike is the most important thing. I once followed a blogger who started with one minute of exercise and then gradually increased. My thinking would be, I'm not getting on my shoes for a minute of exercise. lol But she did and she succeeded. I've lost her name. I wonder if she is consistent still now. Oh, I thought we could add our goals into our signature. Well, I can copy and paste too. The problem is remembering to do it.

@cbabie So Sunday wasn't a bust. You hit 10000. Start thinking of some little things you do each day to give yourself credit for regarding your food. Like stopped at 3 T of PB instead of 4 or whatever. Write those down each day and read them to yourself. Funny how we saw the same situation differently. (mom) I wonder if they were telling us different things. Although now I'm reading Mom liked motorcycles. Maybe we had different moms. I'm the one who likes motorcycles. Less and less on the bling now though.

@teresaw1020 Sounds like you had a refreshing and fun weekend. Best part was all those clothes. lol

I stayed OP with my food. Exercise was a rest day. Interesting thing I noticed....my bp is up again and I'm due for my period. Last time my bp was up like this was at the beginning of my period. I never knew the two could be related. Maybe it's not related and just a coincidence. I'll keep tracking and see.

• trooworld
    Options
    Good morning gals! Yet another celebration yesterday at work with lots of sweets and all I had was two pieces of cheese. :D

@cbabie Yay for getting on the treadmill on Saturday! And good on you for hitting your steps on Sunday. re: enthusiasm for living...thank you! That's sweet! I hope to get on the bike 3 times this week.

@TeresaW1020 Yay for new clothes!!! I'm glad you had a good time. <3

@renaegry That sounds like a good start! You've got this!!! Enjoy lunch.

@theslightedgeforever That's great about the blogger. Yeah, I wish there was a way to make the signature automatic but so far, I have not found a way. :/

EMPOWERED.
    November goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 5 minutes a day 3 times a week, lose 2 lb
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, Just a quick note. I am on my way out the door for a job interview. I was told I had it, not really sure I want it, but I need to work for a bit. I have to take a typing test today. LOL . Thankfully my wrist is healed enough I can type again. Just NOT ALL DAY.. :) . I was good eating yesterday until drama hit our house about 9:30 last night and ate more in one sitting than I did all day. I see how that wasn't necessary and will do better next time. (there seems to always be a next time) . LOL

@trooworld Congrats on eating only the cheese. See your mind is working FOR you and not against you now. Our minds our powerful things. You can do the bike thing...you got it.

@theslightedgeforever No we had the same mom, I am pretty sure. She always told me she wanted a bike and her and dad travel the countryside...and no we were told the same thing...I just looked at it differently.

@TeresaW1020 I am so glad you had a great time. We all need a break in our normal routine!!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld You are on a roll. Keep it up! I just need to remember to add in my November goals everytime.

@cbabie So you get credit for doing well most of the day. Then you hit a drama speed bump. So what can you do next time instead of eat to escape your feelings and comfort yourself. Maybe describe in detail in your journal what you are trying to accomplish when you sit down and eat X. So it would start like, Day was going well until about 9:30 pm. Drama hit our house so I sat down and ate X. I was trying to........... I didn't want to............ Go back later and see what comes out of that. It would be good to make up some response/reminder cards for you to read when drama comes your way. Here's some.... #1 I want to feel better.…...I can continue to overeat and feel better temporarily OR I can comfort myself in non-food ways, lose weight, and start reaping the benefits I want. #2 When I want to eat fast food or some other unhealthy food after an upsetting moment, remember: I’m entitled to take care of myself and I’m entitled to feel better, but I’m also entitled to get everything on my advantages list, so I have to find other ways to comfort myself. (Advantages list are all the things that you gain by following your food plan consistently. I have things on mine like reduce my risk for cancer to get into the red dress with flowers on it.) #3 If I eat when I’m upset, I’ll only feel momentary comfort. Then I’ll have 3 problems: the original problem, then feeling bad and out of control, and then weight gain. Do I want 3 problems or just one. #4 When I was the most upset I ever remember feeling, I still survived. Negative emotions aren’t bad. They are part of being human. I don’t need to make them go away. Negative emotions always crest, like a wave, and then start to come down. I don’t have to be afraid of my feelings. These were some from the book Diet Traps by Judith Beck. She encourages you to also make up your own and read them several times until the feelings pass. It's a very interesting book. Remember you said the mind is a powerful thing? Put it to work for you.

Food was OP today even though I had to change my plans all of a sudden. Dh calls and says I'm headed home lets go to lunch. This is a red day. How will I fit a restaurant into a red day? But I did. I had a mixed grill plate with chicken/beef skewers. Ignored my rice completely. ate 1/4 c hummus with a bit of bread. Actually, I ran out of bread so I started dipping my meat chunks into the hummus and ate it that way. plus 3 stuffed dolmas (grape leaves) That was most of my carbs for the day. I had chicken breast and salad for dinner. Ended up with 97/100 for my carbs. Another successful day. Exercise was 18 min walk.

• trooworld
    Options
    Good morning gals! I got an interesting article in my email on the benefits of drinking water so I'll share if you are interested: https://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=you_asked_what_are_the_benefits_of_drinking_more_water I know it is certainly one of my challenges!!! I am doing better at it though. Yesterday, went to lunch at a Thai place with a work friend. I usually order the lunch special which has an entree + soup + salad + crunchy appetizers. Yesterday, I just ordered a dinner portion of cashew chicken with no rice. :D WINNING!!!

@cbabie Congrats on the job!!! :) Sorry about the late-night drama. Thanks for the support! <3

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for the support!!! <3 Now, you said you need to remember to add your goals, but where are your goals??? :D It's the first thing I do before I start typing. I pop my goals in. You really made it work on a red day, that's great!!! No monkey wrench is going to get you off track. ;)

EMPOWERED.
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    Sorry just a flying visit.
    I'm at Starbucks near where youngest does Police Cadets. Got my laptop & planner and about to start next weeks's lesson plans. My aim to finish before I have to collect her & go home.
    Eldest off school tomorrow until Monday- off to London with Sea Cadets- she & 1 other selected to represent their District at Remembrance Events in London. So mad packing when I get home!!
  • cbabie
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Afternoon all. Same story as the night before...only I was up til midnight and MADE myself lay in bed until 7...however, my fitbit says I got almost 6 hours of sleep and it's poor sleep..awake all night...LOL. The good news is I am tracking!!!! baby steps gals baby steps...

@joannadavison Wow you have a busy schedule with your kids...and yet I "hear" a proud mama..LOL . Glad you stopped by for a quick visit

@theslightedgeforever Yea not so sure I am good at the responses, but I am learning/hearing my DH not to let this person be in control of the conversation...take control and own it. I am so proud that you stuck to your plan.

@trooworld Yea great on the win at lunch...see we can live life and still be in control of our food choices!!!! Thank you I hopefully will really just like this job...I really want a routine in my life. LOL

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Woohoo on the cashew chicken. I have bookclub tomorrow and I'll be basically doing the same thing. Just ordering some kind of "meat" dish. Thanks for sharing about the water. One of my nemesis too. Oh that's not positive. Must change my thinking on that. One of my struggles. Goals: See already forgot by the time I got down to the end of the personals. lol I'm impressing myself on the red days. I guess because they are the bulk of my days each week towards the end of my cycle that I'm learning how to navigate them. Look at you too. Old Troo wouldn't be skipping the treats in the break room in favor of cheese. Go You!

@joannadavison London, how exciting. Well, do you have a plan for the week for food and exercise? It all starts with the plan.

@cbabie Baby steps are the way to go. Give yourself credit. no one is good at responses at the beginning I don't think. It's a skill to be practiced and repeated. That's why the idea of reading them everyday is important because they go into your brain and then the brain starts remembering them for you and recalls them. Yes take control and own it. In every situation in our lives. We are the one who suffers the consequences, why let someone else drive the car?

November goals: continue following carb cycling program each day, strength training 2 times a week. 4.5 glasses of water.

Last red day for the week. "claps hands screaming Yaaaay" I ate leftovers from the day before and got to eat 3/4 c of the rice I ignored. So another day is done. I like something I read in my 100 day book. Don't think about the future. Following your meal plan "forever" sounds hard. Following your meal plan "just for today" is doable. Exercise was 10 min walk in morning, then went to my walking club. I was the only one there and really thought about skipping it because I had so many errands to run. Then thought I'm supposed to be making my meal plans and exercise #1 priority and fitting everything else around those. So I said I would just do one loop. Got close to the end of the loop and told myself that had others been here, I would have done two loops and still would have had to finish up the errands. So two loops done. Go Me!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever, I like that advice your book gave you. It can be really overwhelming to think that I need to focus on my diet forever because I will always fail myself with that kind of thinking. But focusing on just today is much more doable. Today, there is NO reason NOT to stay on plan. Tomorrow will have to take care of tomorrow. ;)

@cbabie, congrats on the new job even though you don’t sound too enthused. 😉 Sorry about the drama and I hope you don’t beat yourself up overeating too much while stressed out. You just have to try to do better next time. The time to worry is when you stop trying to do better. <3

@trooworld, I agree with that article on drinking water. I know that when I don’t drink enough, I feel and it affects my weight and my skin. I try to drink a gallon a day but some days it can be really hard to get it all in. You are doing great with your food choices!! B)

So sorry that I haven’t been posting much! This week has been so very busy. The computer at work got its new hard drive so I’m going to work today but hopefully will try to get out early and go to Trader Joes and come back home and work at my house. I decided to put up Christmas and my house is a hot mess of boxes and glitter! And I’m having two of my dearest friends over for dinner tomorrow night and I really want the place to look nice since they haven’t been here yet. I think there might be lots of shoving things in closets and hoping they don’t look too closely! :D I’ve been pretty good with my eating since coming back home after my weekend getaway. Weight is still up almost a pound though and I’ve moved my weigh-in day to Fridays so maybe I can get a bit more off today.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello gals good morning!

@joannadavison Hello!

@cbabie Boo for poor sleep but yay for tracking!!! Yes, we can live life and be in control of our food choices. Your sister has taught me that ;) ! Routine is good to have in your life. I do hope you like the job.

@theslightedgeforever I hope you do well at bookclub and I hope they pick a book that interests you. lol about signature. You are right about old Troo. :) I'm sorry you were the only one that showed up to the walking club but I'm glad you followed through. Go, you!!!

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!
    I loved going and reading your posts. Do you realize each one of you have moved into another zone in our journey? After I read all the post and heard in my head the Old Troo....well think this. The Old Teresa, the Old slightedge...You have each moved your goals up and achieved new ones...I am so proud and can't wait to see what this month brings. We are going into about 6 weeks of people saying it only comes ones a year....it's okay to eat that fudge, it's okay to have another glass of.....well yes it only comes once a year...but if you are an addict to heroin....you can't say, it only comes once a year. It will send you right back to where you were with that addiction in a matter of minutes. SOOOOOOO..what is the plan this year to keep moving in the right direction? Do you know your triggers, do you know what will send you back to not tracking, not moving...as the slightedge says...it's a matter of reading them everyday to get them in your brain so that when it comes up it's an automatic response, not a hold on, let me look at my cards to see what I should think/say.

@trooworld I am so very proud of you. did you get on your bike yesterday? Yes my sister has a way....LOL

@TeresaW1020 LOL I laughed, I could see you shoving all in your closet and hoping they don't open..I was watching Sesame Street with my GGD a couple of days ago and they had a "door" that when it opened it was filled to the top with shoes...yes they all came out on Elmo...This was my "vision" of your closet. LOL . I hope you enjoy your company and I know you are a great hostess..so they will have fun as well.

@theslightedgeforever You know how I hate others driving...LOL . I am trying to decide if I can get on the treadmill in the afternoon after I get off work..presuming I keep and go..LOL . I have always been a early bird and exercise and bible reading were done before shower...different routine. New cards....HELP!!! LOL

Cbabie
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    Hellooooo
    @cbabie I'm with you on the sleep not helping. I've always been a bit of night owl but it takes me ages to unwind on a night. 1 night a week I blitz my planning & last night after that I ended up chillin for another hour. I need more sleep- it affects chemicals which make weight loss harder.
    Good luck with new job.
    My husband took voluntary redundancy from teaching 2 years ago & now works for a UK supermarket on the meat/fish/,food to go counters- he works Tues-Sat from 1pm or 3pm until 8.30pm so I do all the after school running around- hence my busy life - we used to share it before.

@theslightedgeforever sadly my weekend plans arw chauffeuring youngest to opticians then the Remembrance Parade in Durham City with her cadets!! At least both DH & I get to watch her- normally we take turns as to who goes with who!! I will be meal planning as somewhere in the weekend I have to do grocery shopping!

Re:@cbabie's comment on it's only once a year. This year, DH has ordered decadent puddings from work & a veggie option - we'll also get a turkey which my Mum will cook. We have the 4 of us, my Mum, my Aunt & Uncle (Mum's sis), my cousin (moved back to UK after 16 years) & her daughter- may also have her son & possibly estranged hubbie (he kicked her out but now trying hard to sort it out- only he lives in Sweden!- like an episode of Friends!!!) So we will have a lot this year. Lots of healthy veggies & my once a year 'posh cheese' indulgence but it will be tracked & hope to plan in less calories rest of week. I'm hoping to give away any chocolate- our WW group used to collect them: I'm thinking food bank or homeless shelter.
    Best I go do the school run. Then I can chill in bubble bath- I'm sitting in gym cafe- post HIIT workout very sweaty! 🤣🤣