NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @trooworld What if you stepped away from keto for a bit. That happened to me with smoothies when I did the Shred Program. It's hard for me to drink a smoothie. Makes me want to gag. You made me laugh on the yogurt and berries. so I've asked Teresa but what is your motivation to do keto versus all the other plans out there? Here's an idea. How about a new program called TrooKeto. You eat keto for lunch and dinner. Then breakfast is a normal breakfast. What would you eat for breakfast if you were thin and weren't trying to lose weight. Cause your goal is to lose weight not stick to keto 100% of the time.

@cbabie Gray skies are gonna clear up.....put on a happy face. :smiley: It will get better. Sometimes we just have to push through and a bit of walking would release some endorphins into your brain that would make you feel a bit better. Hugs.

High Yellow Day- Stayed OP I get 145-164 carbs and I got 164. lol I wanted an extra 1/2 piece of banana bread. I think I need to stop buying so many bananas because they just get turned into bread. I'll only eat them on yellow and green days because of the carbs. I buy a couple of extra because I think dh will eat mine. When I buy just enough for me, he suddenly has cravings for bananas I think. :neutral: Almost didn't exercise but I told myself NO CHOICE. I did 57 minutes of walking in two different stints. I walked 30 min then told myself that I was done for the day caused I exercised. Then my brain reminded me that I'm committed to burning 300 calories on exercise days and I still needed 126 more. Sigh So out again I went and finished up my goal. I still need to get moving on that strength training twice a week and the water. 2 weeks left of November to hit these goals.

November goals: continue following carb cycling program each day, strength training 2 times a week. 4.5 glasses of water.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @renaegry, I hope you are feeling better. Do you like the new direction WW has gone to? What color did you decide to go with? :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, I’m frustrated too that we had like 3 days of fall before it turned cold. I also don’t like heat and humidity! :D If you are not eating for at least 12 hours (6 pm until you eat breakfast) then you are definitely doing IF. I hope it helps you. :)

@theslightedgeforever, Good going on the weight loss!! Down is always worth a celebration! B) I get lazy with my pre-tracking but since starting this new challenge with my Beachbody group, I’m challenging myself to pre-track every morning. It really does help me stick to what I should be eating. See my post below (with pic) for the charcuterie board explanation. ;)

@trooworld, dang girl! You are going to run out of foods to eat if you keep this up. :o If you do a Keto coffee then you won’t be fasting. You will have to decide which direction works best for you. Maybe since you want to ease back into IF, you can start with a Keto coffee (MCT oil, cream, or butter) and then slowly ease off the ingredients until you are drinking it black. I can’t do black coffee. I mean I can but I HATE it. :# So, I use a ½ TBS of heavy cream per cup and I have two cups which is only 50 calories. It’s not a clean fast but I’m OK with it. As I said, we have to do what works for us. ;)

@cbabie, my sister and I had a Holly Hobby room when we were little. <3 I went looking on Google not too long ago and found the red and yellow bedspreads that we had and sent the pic to my sister. Major blast from the past! You need to get out and walk or something. Exercise is not just for our physical health. It’s so good for our emotional health as well. :)

Good morning! :) So my weight was up a pound yesterday. I could be really frustrated but I really think it’s this new 80 Day Obsession that I’m doing. That woman is trying to kill me!! But I love the program too and the challenge it gives me to push harder than I ever have before. I am, however, going to seriously watch what I eat and hope that next week will show a good loss.

So, the pic shows my new charcuterie board that I bought the other day at TJ Maxx. They had so many to choose from and at really great prices! This one is 24 x 18 so I can do a lot of things with it. I’m having the staff Christmas party at my house on Dec. 6th and it will be an appetizer party. I didn’t want to completely blow my eating plan, but I still wanted to enjoy lots of tasty food. Charcuterie boards are perfect for Keto! I will fill it with cured meats, cheeses, olives, pickles, nuts and of course some fruit, veggies, crackers, and other foods that all my guests will love. Pinterest has so many ideas that it's a matter of choosing what I want the most and then just going and buying all the yummy stuff. Trader Joes will definitely be at the top of the list. They have such good cheese!! <3

af8z7d67ge3y.jpg

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    Good morning ladies! I'm still up 0.7 lbs from last week's macaroni and cheese incident. :( I'll get it off this week (hopefully). Today, we are having two sets of company, it's going to be a busy day. At noon, we are having an old friend over and then tonight at 6, my sister-in-law is coming over for appetizers and mulled cider.

@cbabie I don't know what your situation is, but I hope it gets better soon. <3 I don't know what I'm going to do but I'll figure it out. Bars all have too many carbs, shakes do too. I think I'll just skip breakfast. I hate it anyway lol.

@theslightedgeforever Keto is easier for me to stick with, I don't feel like I'm on a diet. With keto, it doesn't work to do part keto part not keto...I think if I had carbs for breakfast, it would kick me out of ketosis and I wouldn't lose weight. Thanks for trying to think through this though. I hate breakfast foods anyway, I really do. I hate oatmeal, I hate eggs, I hate pancakes and waffles. The only thing I like is biscuits and gravy and I can't eat that every day (even if I could, I would get sick of it after 4 days lol). I do like smoothies but they aren't practical to take with me to work (I eat breakfast at work at 9am). I leave for work at 6:40am, and they would melt by the time I got to work. Plus they have too many carbs. LOL about your husband's banana cravings. You are gettin' it done!!!

@TeresaW1020 I know, right??? I don't know if I can do 100% black coffee, either. I will try. I had a Holly Hobby bed when I was a kid, too, it was a canopy bed with a Holly Hobby bedspread. I loved it! Dont' get too frustrated about the pound gain, it could be all the exercise, your body might be resisting. I love your new board, it's beautiful! You do have an eye for decor. :)

EMPOWERED.
    November goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 5 minutes a day 3 times a week, lose 2 lb
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    So there were a lot of questions about Canadian Thanksgiving. So I probably wasn’t clear earlier…it wasn’t that settlers travelled north, it was more the same thing that settlers from England and France came and settled on the east coast of Canada, and started celebrating harvest. So no real connection to Columbus, which is probably why ours is in October. Well that and October is just better :D

We call it the same- Thanksgiving, and have turkey and all, but I have never even seen a sweet potato pie. It’s not a thing here. It sounds yuck lol.

@cbabie sorry you’re having such a tough time. I remember Holly Hobby from when I was a kid. And Strawberry Shortcake.

@trooworld I get like that with meat sometimes, especially ground meat. It also happens if I’m just eating too much meat. So I try to add in some beans or tofu or something, but not sure those are keto friendly. I had a Holly Hobby garbage can for some reason. Your breakfast struggles sound like a pain. I always have a solid breakfast, but I like eggs, sausage, oatmeal etc. What about avocado is that keto? Like an avocado with cheese or something?

Have fun with your company!

Here is the link to the photos I took of the Hollywood posters. As I said, they are owned by a Metallica band member, it’s a hobby of his. So he has a guitar collection painted like movie monsters too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cmtrips/albums/72157711799346808

@TeresaW1020 that board looks nice and I’m jealous I’m not coming to the party! Sorry you’re struggling with weight. I am too. I’m just trying to keep at it.

@theslightedgeforever, I think you’re doing fantastic with the exercises! Bananas are yummy, I buy them sometimes. I miss not having fresh fruit in the winter

In other news, things are good. I bought a carpet steam/wash cleaner thingy and vacuumed and then washed my carpets today. They look good now but I have to tell you the stuff that got pulled up in the steam cleaner was beyond gross. It’s bc of the cats. I would replace the carpets with hardwood floor but I don’t own this place and they won’t let me. So I think I have to wash them every couple of weeks for a while because the dirt has built up. But I feel good about how they came out today.

I’ve had time to exercise a bit more, but I’m back to square one with my cardio, doing less than half of what I was doing in the summer. Like in the summer I could do the stairs 5x, now I’m at 2. It’s just bc I haven’t been consistent.

I have to tell you ladies the holidays are on my mind a lot and I don’t know what to do. I’m afraid I’m just going to overindulge completely for like a solid 10 days. This has happened before lol so it’s a risk. I’m trying to come up with a plan but the biggest issue is me- part of me I just want to let go and be like it’s the one time of year when I can have no restrictions (on food or drink). But when I go down that road, I always regret it. So it’s a real battle. I guess it's good I'm thinking about it in advance.

Hope all is well.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 My son was just saying the same thing about fall the other day. He said there's no such thing as 4 seasons anymore. It's just two. We had hot then cold with about 2 days of fall inbetween. lol I have to pretrack or otherwise I would just go over everyday because I like to eat. Thanks for the info on the board. I'll check out Pinterest. This would be perfect for my veggie owl. My friend loves owls and in March I was going to throw her an owl bday party. My sister and I had a blue room with walls that slanted. I think blue bedspreads too. Someone liked the color blue. lol She got the joy of me crawling into bed with her each night. Twin beds. lol I was scared. That darn Dark Shadows show.

@trooworld I'm still not convinced that ketosis is the only thing making you lose weight but less calories. I was reading an article about it last night. I've proven now over 3 1/2 months that lowering carbs will not make a person lose more weight. I always had this idea that people who do low carb lose more weight than those that eat higher carbs. Not true for me. In theory, I would expect to lose more weight on the weeks I have 4 red days. Those are just 100. Versus those weeks with only 2 red days or 3. All the other days are the same. The calories are always the same each week. Exercise is basically the same. Just walking. It didn't work the way I expected. I actually lose at higher carb. But the good thing about this program is that it has kept me consistent with eating and staying within my boundaries which I think is the key to my success. Plus it's good for my blood sugar. So if not eating breakfast will make it work for you then try that for a while. As Teresa says, we have to do what works for us.

@its_cleo I'm beginning to think that whole Columbus story we celebrate is not actually as factual as we originally thought. lol I think I've only had sweet potato pie once but Thanksgiving isn't complete without pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top. Since I use my pumpkin pie puree on my pancakes right now on Fridays, I have the wonderful taste of it each week. One tablespoon is just 7 calories. It's so yummy. Now when you mentioned avacado I'm gagging. lol We all have our things we don't like. So on holiday thinking, when you just let go and have no restrictions what happens? On the other hand too many restrictions are not fun either. So we have to shoot for somewhere in the middle. I'm going to try to maintain the last two weeks of the year. It's not like you will never get to taste these foods ever again so you must eat them all everyday for 10 days. Pick and choose your favorite things. If you are doing calorie counting, decide on a number and then figure out how many cookies or fudge or drinks or whatever you like to eat during this time. On the other hand, think how good you will feel for not gaining any weight this holiday season. Come Jan 1, you won't be digging yourself out of a hole. I'm beginning to like the way my clothes are being a bit loose. I don't want to lose this over the next 6 weeks. So I'll continue to follow my plan but be adding in a bit more indulgences in that I would have. Since I'm trying to maintain, I'll add in a fourth green day and that will leave me with 2 yellow and 1 red. I have no idea if this will work. We'll see. But it's a good trial run for the day I get to my goal and really have to maintain. Plus vacation next year. I just let myself go and told myself enjoy the time. I came back 10 lbs heavier and I've had to re-lose that weight again. Second time this year. Last December I gained 10 lbs. Then again in June. I'm not doing that this year. I could be 20 lbs lighter right now had I not just let go.

Green day- Stayed in boundaries. Exercise was walking. 18+34+5=57 min.

November goals: continue following carb cycling program each day, strength training 2 times a week. 4.5 glasses of water.
  • trooworld
    Good morning ladies! We had fun last night with our company. The food was really good and the cider was very fall-like and delicious. Today is meal prep day and I'm about to get to it. Here is what I'm making:

@its_cleo Thank you for the information. When did the settlers from England and France come to Canada? I am fascinated! Unfortunately, they are not keto, but I love beans!!! Tofu, I like too. Avocado is very keto, I could do something with avocado. Thanks for the ideas. Wow, those posters and the guitars are very, very cool! Thanks for sharing. Oh I know your struggle with the carpet...that's why we made sure that our new place had hardwood floors. I've lived for years with carpet and it always ends up gross because of our shoes and the pets. :( I feel your pain! Regarding the holidays: can you set a weight budget, like "I'm okay if I maintain my weight." or, "I'm okay if I gain x lbs"...fill in the blank, maybe it's 1 lb, maybe it's 2 lbs, heck, maybe it's 5 lbs, it's up to you. And then try to make your actions match your goal.

@theslightedgeforever Less calories is definitely a factor and that is why I still track my food in some form or another. I'll figure something out that works for me, as you say, we all have to do what works best for us. Maybe what works for me will end up being eating a higher carb breakfast. But I honestly can't think of a higher carb breakfast that I would like (well, besides avocado toast or a breakfast sandwich). I could make a chaffle breakfast sandwich but those are labor-intensive, so those are out.

EMPOWERED.
    November goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 5 minutes a day 3 times a week, lose 2 lb
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited November 2019
    @trooworld I'm glad you had fun with your friends/family. That's so important for our mental health. I did away with the carpets too because of kids and cat when we moved into this new house but I really think vaccuming is so much easier than mopping. I have a combination of stone/ceramic through most of the house but I splurged on porcelin in our entry and main living room. Mistake! Shiny tiles may be beautiful and reflect light but they are too hard to take care of. So I have decorative rugs here and there. My hubby says if I was going to cover the floor with rugs why did he spend so much on the tiles I requested. Should have just put carpet. lol

@its_cleo In my Diet Trap book lesson today, it was talking about splurging for vacations or holidays. It said to make a list of advantages and disadvantages of staying in control over the holidays. And the same list for just letting go and eating what you want to eat. Thanks for sharing the horror/guitar pics.

Yellow day- Stayed within my boundaries. Walked 67 min. Oh just realized I was supposed to do some strength training today I switched up my days thinking maybe that would be easier. Nope. I even wrote it on my schedule. oh well......I'll try again.

• trooworld
    Good morning gals! I did get most of my meal prep done. My husband is cooking the side dishes tonight. I forgot to post what I was cooking for my meal prep lol so here is what I cooked:

Keto Meatloaf + Keto Mac & Cheese
    Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken + roasted broccoli
    Chicken and Broccoli with Brown Sauce
    Cheeseburger Salad

@theslightedgeforever It is important. Vacuuming is probably easier but the carpets drive me crazy! lol to your husband's comment. I do have rugs throughout the condo just as accents.

EMPOWERED.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all,

I figured out the heartburn...it was the STAX chips...so they are no more allowed by me. I have tracked 3 days in a row...went way over yesterday....I see what the issue is and trying to correct it today. I laughed..MFP said I earned 22 exercise calories yesterday!!! I guess I didn't move alot even though it felt like it.

@trooworld glad you enjoyed your night with family and friends...sounds like your back on track..Maybe you just needed a night of friends. LOL .

@theslightedgeforever I can hear your DH saying that..I hate the dog hair...of . course I am NOT an animal lover, but since we have not carpet or even throw rugs...we have lots of hair from the dogs...I want one of those shark robots..it would get run every day every hour...

@its_cleo Oh yea we had lots of strawberry shortcake stuff...I think because you are aware of your holiday indulges, you really will be more guarded on what you eat. I say baby steps, I had to HIDE the candy corn my GS brought home...one night I was really stressed and ALMOST opened it...

@TeresaW1020 I love that board...you have a plan and it sounds awesome!!

cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all, not much time today, but wanted to check in. LOL on all the comments about Strawberry Shortcake & Holly Hobby---my girls had that stuff! (I know, I'm old, lol)

@cbabie--Interesting about STAX chips causing heartburn. Not sure my stopping nighttime eating is helping yet, but plan to keep it up.

@theslightedgeforever I think that is something to think about--letting go vs staying in control. When we were with dd last time, I way exceeded my calories, gained 3# in a week, and its taken me 2 weeks to get rid of it. I'm sure most was because of carbs, but really made me think it was not worth it, so hopefully next time I will rein it in a little.

Well, DH gets his first cataract taken care of tomorrow, so need to go vacuum (I have carpet) so I don't stir up a lot of dust while he is healing, lol.

Hope all have a good day--stay with your plans. Funny how we all have such different plans, but each of us needs to do what works for ourselves.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Your meals look good this week. I'll look into them.

@cbabie Yaaay on your tracking. It's good you got the heartburn issue figured out.

@retiredandlovingit Yeah I'm hoping to use that advantages and disadvantages list this year for the next 6 weeks and during vacation time next year. I know it just must be my mindset and "no rules"

Red day-91/100 I'm going to start posting my carbs/carb goal if I can remember. lol Stayed within boundaries. Exercise was a rest day.

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hi all, short update. Remember that picture in the summer I shared of the stairs I do and it was so nice and green and sunny? Not so nice with ice and Sunday I fell down some of them.

I'm ok just a bit sore, and banged up. A little frustrated....funny thing is in the last two weeks I was at 3 shoe stores trying to find good shoes with good grip. Had no luck. Ordered some online after I fell.

Funny thing is I just picked myself up and carried on with my routine didn't really feel it until after. My neck is pretty sore.

So I am feeling sorry for myself lol and want to curl up with a blanket and soup or something.

Thanks for the holiday tips. Right now I'm working on writing down the things I want and doing a calorie check. Knowledge is power and it helps to see the numbers as a first step.

• trooworld
    Good morning gals! I hope you are all doing well. I've been experiencing some concerning symptoms, that are diabetes-like symptoms (the getting up in the night to pee, frequent urination even during the day, thirsty all the time, vision: hard to focus sometimes, brown patches on my forearms, dizzy/off balance), and so I made an appointment with my doctor for Friday morning. I'm particularly concerned because the last time my blood work was done, my blood sugar numbers were a little high. If I do have diabetes, my life will turn upside down.

@cbabie I'm glad you figured out your heartburn, that is so miserable! Yes, maybe I just did need a night with friends! lol I just got one of those shark robots (got it at Kohl's for a really good deal), I ran it for the first time the other day. Freaked my little dog out! lol

@RetiredAndLovingIt I hope your DH's surgery goes well.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. I hope they taste good, too lol.

@its_cleo Oh no! I'm so sorry!!! Dang. That stinks.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, I’m glad that you made an appointment with your doctor. Diabetes is no joke but if it is Type 2 you can totally reverse it through the Keto diet. It doesn’t have to be something you accept for the rest of your life or be on medications. Dr. Jason Fung and Dr. Ken Berry have a lot to say about diabetes on YouTube. ;)

@its_cleo, ouch!! I’m glad you are ok and bought some shoes that will hopefully keep you from falling down those stairs again. Were they icy or just slick? :#

@RetiredAndLovingIt, how did your DH do with his cataract surgery? My hubby has his done a couple of years ago and the drops he had to put in his eyes were worse than the surgery itself. :)

@cbabie, I had to go look up what STAX chips were. Girl, you know those aren’t good for you and your heartburn confirmed it. ;) Good job on tracking! It really does help us to see what we are doing right and what we need to improve on.

Good morning! <3 Today is a grocery shopping day. I have to buy a huge turkey and some stuffing mix for the church Thanksgiving dinner this Sunday. The deacon wives cook the turkeys and the deacons serve it. We used to have this family whose contribution was to bring all the stuffing, but they left our church and now we have people freaking out that there won’t be any. So, the deacon wives are taking care of the stuffing too. I have heard so much about this dang stuffing that if I wasn’t such a good Christian woman, I would be hoping they choke on their stuffing. :o:p

My Beachbody group decided to change up their workout and everyone is going to do the same thing. I’m not thrilled to give up 80 Day Obsession since I really love the trainer, but I also want to be part of the group. The new one is called The Shift Shop and it’s 4 weeks long and yesterday I did my first workout, which was some crazy cardio. I cannot do a burpee to save my life! :|
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all! I had an emotional day yesterday and started to eat my way through it, but caught myself. I did get on the treadmill again yesterday!! Just trying to take one day, one meal, one snack at a time right now. This week is crazy with some emotional appointments, so each day I will strive to not eat my way through it.

@TeresaW1020 Yes I know they are not good, but boy I was craving crunch and salt...NOT MY USUAL craving.. I sorry you had to change your exercise...yea don't ask me to do a burpee..LOL . I had to laugh about the stuffing...

@trooworld I pray you don't have diabetes. Teresa is correct, my mom for the most part kept her diabetes in check with eating. She was not like my father...LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt You will see the results...just keep moving in the direction you are going...there is light!!

@its_cleo OUCH!! Please be careful, exercise is good, but falls not so much!!! I am glad you are just sore!!!

@theslightedgeforever you have set a record!!! LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @its_cleo Ouch on the stairs. I'm glad you didn't break anything. Yes, this is a numbers game I think. One I'm determined to win.

@trooworld You know some of those symptoms I just think of as aging symptoms. Even if you come back and he/she says you have diabetes, if it were me, I would test again in 3 months and see what my A1c levels are before starting metformin or whatever they decide to give you. Consistent diet and exercise can bring these numbers down. I really think docs like to just give out all the pills they can. Keeps them in a job. Keeps big pharma making money. Like Teresa said it can be reversed.

@teresaw1020 Yes on those cataract drops. 4 years later and we're still doing drops and night eye ointment for my mil. you made me laugh about the stuffing. :smiley: I grew up as a preacher's daughter so I can imagine all the conversations about it. I've tried burpees but usually I'm still down when the instructor has already jumped up. By the time I get up, she's down. lol Just keep doing them and you'll be doing them like a warrior.

@cbabie Yaaaay you had some "I give myself credit for" moments. Stopping yourself mid-emotional eat and getting on the treadmill. Woohoo. Progress. I think dad's thinking was if I'm going to have diabetes and give myself shots I might as well enjoy myself for the ride. We will not be like him.

Red day: Stayed within boundaries. 99/100 No exercise. Wasn't even a rest day. Just yucky outside which is not conducive to me feeling the need. I even tried all of my mind tricks. Nope. Just didn't happen. So I'll try again. The plan is to exercise on Friday which is one of my normal rest days and make up this day.

• trooworld
    Good morning ladies! In investigating my symptoms more, one or two of them could be caused by a new medication I am taking, so maybe I'll find out this is all just side effects and not diabetes. At least that is what I am hoping. In other news...my husband told me last night that he didn't want to do keto anymore and I told him that's funny because I was just about to tell him that myself! lol We decided to try the Mediterranean diet, which is still lower carb but not nearly as low carb and allows fruits and grains etc. I look forward to beans and sweet potatoes. ;) I wanted to switch because of my developing aversion to meat.

@TeresaW1020 Welp, not going to do keto anymore. lol But hopefully I'll have success with the Mediterranean! :D LOL about the stuffing!!! That's too bad the group changed up but at least you are all doing the same thing. I can't do burpees either, hopefully, with practice, it will get easier for you! I'm sure it will.

@cbabie Brava for stopping eating and getting on the treadmill! How did it feel to get on the treadmill? Was it stress relieving? I'm sorry it was a hard day. :( Yeah, I hope I don't have it either. It doesn't run in my family, so it's unlikely. That's good to know that eating can control diabetes.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah and some may be from a new medication, I may be fine. That's a good idea. I'm not feeling so terrible that I feel like I need to be on medication pronto. It's hard to exercise when the weather is bad. I hope today is better for you.

EMPOWERED.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Off to the city. Flying out in the morning to Vegas. Not counting a thing till I get back. Will jump back on the wagon Nov 28. Will try to get caught up on all the posts and will try to be on daily once we get back. Have a great week all.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I hope it's just the new medication. That can be changed easily. Good for you in listening to yourself and trying something new if the other wasn't working for you. Whatever we choose needs to be something we can live with longterm. I couldn't ever do keto. I had problems with South Beach. lol I was sick of it by that third week. Beans and sweet potatoes are good for you.

@renaegry Oh Vegas. Have fun. My 100 day assignment was about Vegas. lol They were talking about vacations and trips saying shoot for a plan that's somewhere in the middle of no rules eating and what you would eat at home. Although I think I would still track but not count if that makes sense.

high yellow day- 134/164 carbs Stayed OP. Walked 46 minutes at the mall.

I weighed in and WHOOSH lost 2.7 lbs Woohoo Doing the happy dance. Makes up for all the low losses I've been having lately. But this is the 9th week I've lost something so that's a good thing. Now onto week 10.

• trooworld
    Hi all. Doing okay here. I reduced the new med I am taking and the unsteadiness I was feeling has pretty much gone away, so I think that side effect was related to that medication. I'm still not sure about the others. :/

@renaegry have fun in Vegas!

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, I hope so, too. I think keto can work really well for those that it works for, it just wasn't working for me. I agree it has to be something that I can live with longterm. And although keto wasn't really hard to stick to, I did miss fruit and certain carbs (I'm looking at you, sweet potatoes ;) ). Actually, I missed beans, too. Especially in chili lol. I think the Mediterranean diet will be a nice compromise between low carb and everything else. Great weigh-in, congrats! And 9 weeks in a row is awesome. :D

EMPOWERED.