NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld I’ve heard good things about taking CBD for sleep and anxiety for definitely something to ask your doctor about. Friday’s are a good day to weigh-in! Then you can enjoy the weekend and jump back on track by Sunday. At least that is what I do! :D

@mswatson0777 Yes, DH is in staycation mode but I did task him with sweeping and mopping the floors just to make sure he gets in a little bit of exercise. :grin: Have a great weekend!

@cbabie Sounds like you have a good day happening. What’s in the crockpot? :)

Hi everyone! Well, I’m packed and ready to go. Just have to get up in the morning, throw myself together, and get my mug of coffee. We are hoping to be out of here around 6 am. It’s a seven-hour drive and I plan to stop often enough so mom can get out and walk a little. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I’ll check back on Monday with all the highlights of hanging out with my crazy, dysfunctional family. :grin:
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @mswatson0777 Thanks! A call to Grandma sounds like just the thing you needed. <3 Have fun!

@cbabie LOL that's what I like about a weekend weigh-in, too! ;) I hope dinner was good.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you've heard good things about CBD for sleep and anxiety. Yes, that's the good thing about Friday weigh-ins! :) I hope you have a great time!

Hi all. I'm down 1.4 lbs for a total of 23.6 lbs! I'm so happy with how things are going. I saw my new doctor yesterday and I really, really like her. She's very smart and pays attention to details. I did not ask her about the CBD oil because I didn't want her to tell me it wasn't a good idea lol. She suggested I do not drink my one wine spritzer and also she wants me to start taking a higher dose of melatonin (I tried it before and it didn't work on a lower dose). I tried not drinking the spritzer and taking 10mg of melatonin last night and although I seemed to wake up just as much, I did get better sleep and a better sleep score. I'll give it a week and if I'm not sleeping better, I'll try the CBD oil.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Afternoon all, I went for my walk, it's nice outside.

@TeresaW1020 I am sure your in the wind now on your trip. I think I would like to take a long drive and not tell anyone where I was or when I was coming back LOL. I had put some pork chops in the crockpot seasoned with garlic and paprika and cooked in cream of mushroom and cream of chicken and beef broth. I don't eat pork, but my DH said it was delicious.

@trooworld wow down again...movin, movin, Rawhide.......scale is moving DOWN. Congratulations!!! hopefully this melatonin works for you...I know it doesn't for some, but hopefully you are not in that group. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm glad the weather is good. Hahahaha! Thank you! The melatonin didn't seem to help but last night, I got some CBD gummies and it seemed to help my sleep. Of course, that was just one night so we'll see how I do tonight.

Hello all. Not much happening over here, just a quiet Saturday. I'm getting groceries delivered this morning and then going to one store for produce. I'm trying to stay out of the stores as much as possible since there are new variants out there that are easy to catch. I also got a face shield to wear over my mask so I'm more protected. I'm making slow cooker chicken and dumplings for dinner and can't wait!

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    Just checking in really briefly. Took a walk this morning but other than that bingewatched Netflix. Luckily my new week starts tomorrow and I need to return to my former self.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..another snowy day today. This is the most snow we have seen for a few years. I suppose you have seen on the news the the huge crash east of here the other day. So lucky no one was killed in it.

I have been walking on the treadmill once or twice a day, trying to make sure I get my 10,000 steps in. Had my Medicare wellness check the other day & my BP was a little high. Said normally they would start medicine, but I talked her into giving me a little time. So need to check it in 6 weeks to see if going down. Also, my cholesterol & LDL were a little high, but HDL good, so giving me 3 months to try to get it down some before starting a statin. So this has really given me an incentive to behave more! I am on enough medicine for my asthma, don't need any more, lol. I was a little surprised by her wanting to give me a statin, my old dr wasn't as concerned since my HDL is as good as it is. Also got an appt for my colonoscopy in March. It was due a year ago, so even tho I hate the prep, I am glad to be getting it done.

@trooworld Hope either the melatonin or CBD gummies help your sleep. I think when I go back to Dr, I may show her my sleep from Fitbit & see if I can get a sleep study. According to it, I am waking a lot & not getting a lot of deep sleep. Good idea about staying out of the stores & the face shield is a good idea, too. Our governor did a proclamation to start tonight that says masks are no longer required in public places. I wonder what the stores will be like now...plan to stay out of them as much as possible until I see. She also opened bars & restaurants up & larger gatherings. I really don't understand her thinking this is a good idea.

@theslightedgeforever Good luck returning to your former self, lol. I think my former self is on vacation.

@cbabie I hope your stress settles down soon. Keep walking. The pork chops sound delicious. Glad your dh liked them. You said you don't eat pork, do I remember you also said you don't eat beef? I am trying to be more plant based, but its a change. Trying to avoid meat for one meal a day & the other can have a little. (My breakfast is always oatmeal, so it already is OK, but I am adding a little less walnuts, chia, & flax than I was. One book I read says "the fat you eat, is the fat you wear", lol. And also hoping to bring cholesterol down by eating less of them, even if they are "good" fats.)

Well, not much more going on here, so I'll go. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• cbabie
    Afternoon all, just a quick note. I will be leaving soon for worship practice. I did get my walk in today. Eating is still not great but more mindful. LOL. I took chicken out so my DH could grill it tonight. I loved grilled chicken. As a kid I hated chicken. I too don't get great sleep...maybe I will look into the gummies. LOL

@RetiredAndLovingIt I don't really eat a lot of meat. I never really have, but my body does well with protein. I guess that's why I went to PB. However, I used to eat a lot of PB2 not Jif. Your comment stuck with me. The fat you eat you wear...I believe I see that on me LOL I love having a baseline to start with on my health..it gives you goals. LOL. Sounds like you're ready!! Yikes no mask? I would stay out too.

@trooworld It's bad here in AZ, I try not to think about it or I would NEVER go out. I do go to church every Sunday and because I sing, I am not wearing a mask....and I go to get groceries once a week or every 2 weeks...that;s really it except for my walks in the neighborhood. Let me know if the gummies work tonight LOL

@theslightedgeforever Does your DH want you to return to your former self? Maybe he likes to bingewatch. LOL.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Great job walking! What are you going to do to get back to your former self?

@RetiredAndLovingIt I didn't see the crash, that's good that nobody died in the crash. I'm sorry about the higher BP and cholesterol numbers. It's good you have a chance to "right" your ways before they put you on meds. Thanks. I can't believe your governor said masks aren't required! That's crazy.

@cbabie That's good that your eating has been more mindful. What types of things are you doing to eat mindfully? I love grilled chicken, too.

Hi all. I took a CBD gummy last night again and in some ways, I slept better but in other ways not so much: I didn't get up as much in the night (good) but I literally didn't get any REM sleep (bad). My sleep was mostly light sleep with 1 hr 13 mins of deep sleep and 48 mins awake. I think the gummies may help so I am going to continue trying them. @cbabie full disclosure: the ones I got have a little bit of cannabis in them. You can get them without it but it was suggested I get the ones with it because it helps you sleep better.

Yesterday, I made this really good orange-pineapple cake. It came out really well and wasn't high in points. Here's the recipe, the only thing I did differently was to use a sugar-free cake mix and fat-free whipped topping: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=198343

1sd6ie10cmr7.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @retiredandlovingit I hadn't heard about the crash but sent it to my son saying so glad you moved to TX. Since one of his facilities was in Newton. So now you have a good incentive to eat really good and then carry it forward from there. I think your governor just wanted to go to a big Super Bowl party. I can't believe she stopped the mask mandate plus said it was okay on the gatherings. Don't understand her either. Well my former self is still out to lunch today. This past weekend (week) I've been binge watching netflix and past couple of days binging food. I never do this. Don't know what's going on. Trying to get it under control. I'd keep the walnuts in your oatmeal because it's good brain food. Your cholesterol readings won't matter if you get dementia. You won't remember that your heart is also bad. lol Probably I'd keep the chia and flax seeds too. But then look at the rest of your diet and see where the fat is coming in. What does your food diary say with regards to your fat grams every day.

@cbabie Well being mindful is a good thing. So just keep working towards good nutrition. You would think a microphone could pick up a voice through a mask. Oh I'm not binge watching with him. We watch one show together at night before sleep which is currently Dead to Me. Dh would like me to get back to my pre-menopausal state. Not happening.

@trooworld I got 25% Obviously intentions don't work with getting back to former self because I wake up every day with those. Action cures it. now to just get myself to do the action. I haven't slept good since I started going through menopause. How much is good deep sleep and REM supposed to be? I was in bed 8 hr 5 min. Awake for 1 hr 10 min. REM 1 hr 14 min Deep 1 hr 10 min The weird thing is that every night around the same time I have a high variation in my blood oxygen levels. Same time every night. The cake looks good. I'll give it a try.

Yesterday, didn't track my food. I took a 26 min walk with dh.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited February 2021
    trooworld wrote: »
    @theslightedgeforever Great job walking! What are you going to do to get back to your former self?

@RetiredAndLovingIt I didn't see the crash, that's good that nobody died in the crash. I'm sorry about the higher BP and cholesterol numbers. It's good you have a chance to "right" your ways before they put you on meds. Thanks. I can't believe your governor said masks aren't required! That's crazy.

@cbabie That's good that your eating has been more mindful. What types of things are you doing to eat mindfully? I love grilled chicken, too.

Hi all. I took a CBD gummy last night again and in some ways, I slept better but in other ways not so much: I didn't get up as much in the night (good) but I literally didn't get any REM sleep (bad). My sleep was mostly light sleep with 1 hr 13 mins of deep sleep and 48 mins awake. I think the gummies may help so I am going to continue trying them. @cbabie full disclosure: the ones I got have a little bit of cannabis in them. You can get them without it but it was suggested I get the ones with it because it helps you sleep better.

Yesterday, I made this really good orange-pineapple cake. It came out really well and wasn't high in points. Here's the recipe, the only thing I did differently was to use a sugar-free cake mix and fat-free whipped topping: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=198343

1sd6ie10cmr7.jpg

My brother had the CBD Gummies and it helped him get to sleep and sleep. But he would need to eat a few. I’ve never tried them.

That cake looks delicious!
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Keep trying! I got about 50% yesterday, it wasn't a good day for liquids. What's your first action step? I haven't slept well since menopause, either. Here's something from Fitbit that explains the different phases of sleep really well: https://blog.fitbit.com/sleep-stages-explained/ And here's something from WebMD that is also good: https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleep-101 Basically, deep sleep should be 10-25% of your sleep and REM should be 20-25% of your sleep. My 30-day average is far less than those numbers. I wonder if your blood oxygen level rises when you awake? The cake is sooo good. It tastes like a tropical sunset. ;) That's good you went for a walk. Can you go back and track yesterday from memory?

@gemwolf110 Good to hear about your brother. The cake IS delicious!

Hi all. I made several dips for the Puppy Bowl yesterday and it turned out really well. I made air fryer pita chips (fantastic!) and cut up some veggies to dip in the dips. I have to go into work today. I hope the day goes by fast.

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie I love grilled chicken too. I hope you continue to carve out time for yourself and enjoy the walks outside. Let me know if the gummies help!

@TeresaW1020 I hope you had an amazing time over the weekend!! Can't wait to hear about it!

@trooworld How was the puppybowl? I love that Snoop and Martha cohosted it. I almost bought Discovery+ just so that I could watch it.

@theslightedgeforever I took today off work so I could also have the time to return to my regular self. I hope we both get a good reset!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Sorry to hear about your elevated levels, talk about incentive for healthy habits! Iowa has definitely been hit with all the snow this year, every time I turn around it looks like another foot!

Hi Everyone! I'm back from vacation and feeling great. I took today off as a recovery day and I'm so glad I did. I slept 12 hours last night!! We have felt so fortunate to have such amazing friends to get through this pandemic with.

I went grocery shopping and cooked up a bunch of healthy meals for the week so I'm feeling ready to tackle the week ahead. Hopefully today I'll also get some dissertation work in and some exercise since I was pretty lazy over the weekend.

• theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 Good to see you. How are you doing these days?

@trooworld I got 25%. I could track some from memory but don't remember everything I ate nor how much. I normally eat 2-3 meals and a snack. Yesterday it was all day grazing. So my action step is follow my normal routine after my morning routine. That of course would depend on dh. He wanted me to go on errands with him. i did but should have said no. I have tracked so far today.

@mswatson0777 I'm glad you enjoyed your cabin time and are rested and time for us to begin anew.

• TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Glad that you had a great weekend. I also slept 12 hours last night! :grin:

@trooworld I forgot about the Puppy Bowl! <3 That orange-pineapple cake looks yummy! Although at first, I thought it was a cheese omelet. :D I hope the CBD gummies help with your sleep. I imagine you need to take them for a while before you know if they will work well or not for you.

Hi everyone! My weekend trip went really well. It was good to see the family and especially the three little kids. My great-niece Elena was my constant shadow, and I didn’t mind that a bit! :grin: The wedding was very sweet and a lot of fun. We all danced so much, and my feet were dead the next morning, which didn’t help since I had a seven-hour drive back home. My weight was up 5 lbs due to all the carbs I ate, but I’m back on plan this morning. I slept 12 hours last night and I’m still drained today. I just need to get back to fasting and Keto and I’ll bounce back to feeling great and getting the weight back down. :)
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I was up 2lbs. Not good, but moving forward. I know exactly what it was. Ice cream and oreos...I digressed to some old habits due to some emotional things. However, overall I am getting used to tracking, keeping a "why" am I eating. So I may be up, but my mindset is different. Taking baby girl to dentist today..her 6 month check up. I hope I don't get the what for. LOL.

@TeresaW1020 So glad you had a great time. I am sure it was worth the 5lbs and now back to your normal life. LOL

@trooworld OH MY. that cake looks delicious! I have some CBD oil that does not have the HTC in it. I was using it and fell off that routine. So I am thinking I need to use it more at bedtime, not during the day to calm anxiety. Will experiment. LOL. I need to look at my REM. I look at it, but I haven't really LOOKED at it. lol

@theslightedgeforever Yes I am sure you are right about the microphone. I don't know have you watched all the TV shows like Bull, Blue blood? I am amazed at how UNMASKED they are on the show. I try to stay my distance. LOL

@mswatson0777 So glad you had a good time and took a day to acclimate back to normal everyday life. LOL. I am trying to get better at healthy meals too. My little one seems to love veggies so I go with it. LOL

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @gemwolf110 Good to see you. How are you doing these days?

@trooworld I got 25%. I could track some from memory but don't remember everything I ate nor how much. I normally eat 2-3 meals and a snack. Yesterday it was all day grazing. So my action step is follow my normal routine after my morning routine. That of course would depend on dh. He wanted me to go on errands with him. i did but should have said no. I have tracked so far today.

@mswatson0777 I'm glad you enjoyed your cabin time and are rested and time for us to begin anew.

Been busy! But I’ve been cooking better and made it Zumba once a week so far. Just had one class tonight, planning on Zumba either Wednesday or Friday. The snow clearing has been a workout too!
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 I love the Puppy Bowl! It was good but Snoop and Martha weren't in it very much, unfortunately. :( I'm so glad you had fun at the cabin. It sounds like you are ready for the week now, yay!

@theslightedgeforever I got about 50% yesterday, not a good day. I'm glad you know what you need to do and have been tracking.

@TeresaW1020 LOL cheese omelet! It was the best cheese omelet I've ever had. ;) I did sleep better last night but still got a FAIR score. :( I'm glad you had a good time with your family. I'm sure that 5 lbs will go away by Friday.

@cbabie It sounds like you are making strides toward a healthier life despite the oreo/ice cream incident: you are building healthy habits (tracking and keeping a why am I eating log)...well done! I hope it goes well at the dentist for baby girl. That cake was good and no added sugars. I hope you get your sleep issues figured out. Yeah, look at your REM and deep sleep scores, that is supposed to give you an indication of how you slept.

Hi all. I slept a little better last night but still got a 77- FAIR score. Close to good. I'm taking Friday off and I have Monday off next week, so it will be nice to have a 4-day weekend.

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I totally get being roped into things you didn't want to do. I hope today goes better

@trooworld I'm bummed to hear they weren't in it much, their commentary would have been great! I also took Friday off and am looking forward to it! Nothing like a short week to get you through.

@gemwolf110 Glad to hear cooking has been going well! I hope you enjoy your zumba class.

@cbabie I hope things go well at the dentist. I love that baby girl loves vegetables! That makes it so much easier to eat healthy. Hopefully she keeps that as she gets older.

@TeresaW1020 It sounds like you had an absolute blast! I bet once your carb bloat is gone you'll be down weight with all that dancing. I miss dancing at wedding so much! I'm a terrible dancer but I always enjoy it.

Hi Everyone! Today I am back to reality after my 5 days off and about to dig out of emails and work. The next three days will be exhausting so I'm glad I took that extra day on Monday to get my head right. I legitimately laid on the couch all day and did nothing except read my book and watch Modern Family. It was absolutely perfect.

This morning I got up and did the 21 Day Fix Extreme leg day. Those plyo lunges and the lunge-kicks were KILLER! On the bright side, I know they were working in the way I wanted them to work!
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Yes, they were in some but not enough for me! Yay for Friday off!!! I'm so glad you relaxed on Monday. Good job with the 21 Day Fix! :D

Hello all. I have a migraine this morning. I can't find my medication so I just took Ibuprofen. Hopefully, it helps. It was National Pizza Day yesterday and that plus my husband had to work overtime equaled us ordering takeout pizza. We got cauliflower crust pizza from Blaze. It was surprisingly good! We couldn't tell that it was cauliflower crust. Yesterday, I attended a virtual WW meeting and they were talking about sitting less. I was inspired to turn my desk at home into a standing work desk: I had two boxes that were about the same size so I put my monitors on those and I put my wireless mouse and wireless keyboard on a lap tray on the desk so it is higher. Here is a pic.

asypa1wmcq9w.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 I did have a blast! I used to go dancing all the time back in my early 20’s and then obesity kept me in my seat, but not this weekend. I might still be overweight, but this girl danced her feet off! :grin: I’m going back to Autumn today! I finished the hybrid calendar I made for #MBFA and Barre Blend and am going back to 80 Day Obsession. I’m starting on day 27 and plan to finish this time. The only day that I won’t do is Cardio Flow because she does too many crazy moves that my almost 55-year-old body can’t do. :#

@trooworld That is great that you are getting better sleep. A long 4 day weekend sounds nice. Do you have any plans? :)

@cbabie Emotional eating can be so hard to stop and of course, we never dive into a big bowl of broccoli, do we? But you are tracking and keeping your “why” before you, so that is big progress! How did little girl do at the dentist? :)

Good morning! I slept so well last night and finally woke up feeling like myself. The scale is already down 4 of the 5 lbs that I put on after the trip. If I can get another pound or so off before weigh-in on Friday, I will be ecstatic! In past trips, it would take me weeks to get off a big gain, but I really think my body has become fat adapted with IF and Keto so it’s bouncing back quicker. Whatever the reason, I’m happy! :) So, when I was at my sister’s I got a phone call from the guy who has been cleaning our church. He gave me his two week’s notice and after doing some thinking and talking with DH, I’ve decided to take over the job. I know for a fact that I will do a MUCH better job than he has been doing. After being home now all these months and only going into the church one day a week for staff meetings, I need something more to do. Plus, the extra money will be nice. If I hate it then I will hire someone but for now, I’m going to be the ministry assistant custodian. :grin: