NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo Yikes!! That fall sounds terrible and I am so glad you weren’t seriously hurt. Yes, slow down and take care of yourself. <3

@trooworld Girl looking at those pics after I’ve been fasting for almost 20 hours just made my stomach growl big time!! :D I’m glad that you enjoyed your anniversary. Now get back on your plan! ;)

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, we all forget sometimes don’t we! You will get those colored days under control. I’ve made a better menu for next week that will include more veggies. I do have us going out for Chinese next Friday, so I really need to behave. :p

Hi everyone! I started my new workout program today. 21-Day Fix, which I have done in the past but had to follow the modifier most of the time. Today, the only thing I modified was when they did jumping. I’m still very careful of my knees, which are doing amazing right now and I don’t want to screw that up. I also spent a couple of hours working on the church’s website and making some new graphics for Facebook. Now, I think I will go get a little lunch and a cup of coffee and play with my puzzle. Hey @cbabie, I just checked out Terri Blackstock’s book Covenant Child. I’ll let you know what I think. :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Hello? Fall off the edge of the earth lol? How's your water? Mine stinks the past few days. Today should be better.

@TeresaW1020 LOL sorry! ;) You betcha! That's great that you didn't have to modify only the jumping this time.

Hi all. I'm suffering greatly right now, my spine arthritis is acting up. It hurts so bad to move. But if I don't move it makes it worse. It stiffens up worse if I just lay around. I could barely get out of bed this morning. :( I don't know how I'll walk my dog. I may ask my husband to do it. He'll grumble but do it.

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Afternoon gals, I have been missing I know and am sorry. Seems my morning routine doesn't work for me getting on the computer. I try during work, but that doesn't work either. So if I don't post by 7am it almost won't happen. I have been tracking since Thursday. I felt so awful with heartburn for 2 days, hard to breath, etc. I knew I had to get serious. I have walked on the treadmill except for Sunday. That's part of the reason no post. I don't even get a shower, baby girl gets up and is all clingy and I have a hard time getting her with DH and signed into work on time. I have been decluttering everyday after work. 7 years of things being stuffed into closets. I have been going through my mom and dads things too, very emotional. Baby girl is so much better, had shots and her 2 year check up on Monday. I was so afraid to lay her down...I hate taking her to the Dr and with the virus, it just makes me more paranoid. All is well though. She is 97% percentile in her height. Now if I just had that height..think how skinny I would be. LOL

@trooworld Your dinner looks awesome...Sometimes we just gotta do it LOL

@TeresaW1020 Yea for you on your knees...keep them safe. I bet it was fun working on the website. I miss that stuff. At least I am back in church singing again. I will take the little victories. LOL

@its_cleo I am so sorry about your fall. I could just see you flying over the handle bars. My brother used to ride long long rides and he was the one on the rode that felt he should be allowed the street same as cars. So he gave tude..LOL. I am so glad you are on the mend, please take care of you!!!

@theslightedgeforever see I made it on?

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    @trooworld I love the pics. I'm glad you all had a nice time. Beautiful flowers. Keep working on the water.

@its_cleo Ouch on the fall. It's better than being hit by a van.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 That's great you have shown progress with not needing a modifier. I was recently doing a video and dh kept saying You aren't doing it right. :rolls my eyes: I said I'm modifying the moves. This is why we don't work out together because he's trying to constantly "improve my form". lol I just think of my colored containers when I think of 21-Day fix. Today the blue one had almonds and the orange one had Nutella for dipping. It's nice cause you only need a taste and use less Nutella that way.

@trooworld I think I fell into a hole. I didn't even do stuff at home I should have been doing. But I did track today and I exercised. Water not so much. Sorry about the arthritis. How long do these episodes last?

@cbabie That's good that you are tracking and walking. What about at the end of your work day to get on here. Spend an extra 5-10 min and call it working. Then go back to join the family.

Yellow Day- Went over 191/164 Intentional Movement: 42 min walk

August goals: Green Dot day :( Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 225 cals via movement o:) Preplan food :(
  • TeresaW1020
    edited August 2020
    @theslightedgeforever There is no way I would let my DH watch me workout. I know that he would either try to fix my form or tell me to stop in fear that I’m about to hurt myself. :D I have the colored containers too. I don’t do the 21-Day Fix diet but I agree that the containers are handy for making sure portion control is in play.

@cbabie Glad to see you posting an update! That is great that the baby had such a good check-up and is growing as she should be. I’m glad that you are able to be back in church singing again. :)

@trooworld I hope that you are feeling better today! <3

Good morning! Not too much going on here today other than the usual work out, do some housework, and play with my puzzle. My weight isn’t budging and that is annoying. I have the next two days of dinners planned that will be lower carb, so I’m hoping that will help for Friday’s weigh-in. My mom has been wanting to go out to eat Chinese, so we are taking her Friday. I am sure that won’t help my weight at all. :grin: Mom and I currently weigh the exact same so the competition is on! :p
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Just post when you can. No worries! Good job tracking, keep it up. Our bodies always tell us when we need to start tracking again, don't they? That's good GD is healthy and well. Yes, our dinner was really well. Now to get back on the horse! LOL

@theslightedgeforever Thanks, you too! ;) Sorry you fell in a hole. The episodes usually are quick: one day? This one is lasting a couple. My friend that suffers from arthritis takes tumeric curcumin supplements and says that helps tremendously so I ordered some of those to see if that will help me.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, I'm feeling a little better but still in a bit of pain. I bet the scale will budge by Friday. You will probably see a whoosh effect! ;) Uh oh, Chinese, that won't help, nooooo. Are you doing that after weigh-in? Please say yes lol.

Hello everyone. My arthritis flare-up is a bit better today. Yesterday, my husband had to walk the dog most of the day. I was able to take him out to pee on a short walk at night (my dog, not my husband lol). We are going to go look at mattresses on Saturday at a Casper showroom on Saturday. I did some research and one of theirs is supposed to be the most highest rated by Consumer Reports and one of the highest by US News. I have so much trouble sleeping right now, I think it's time to replace our mattress and we've had our current mattress since 12/2012. I hope getting a new mattress helps me sleep through the night.

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • cbabie
    Morning all. I hope you all are having a great day. I am working and typing between clients. LOL. I didn't do well eating last night, but tracked!! Thats important for me. I also didn't get on the TM today. Baby girl DID NOT sleep well last night. So my eyes hurt and I am praying for a nap time LOL. We are having navy beans and cornbread tonight....not the best but it just sounded good!!

@trooworld I am so sorry about your arthritis. My Wrist still hurts from when I broke it. It really seems to ache all the time...So I truly hope you feel much better soon. I had to laugh when you said you didn't take DH out to pee...

@theslightedgeforever Yes good idea, they don't really know when my last call is..LOL.

@TeresaW1020 I am with you I dont' want DH watching me...he always thinks he knows how to work your muscles..and I want to say then you get up here and do it...LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Back in the day I used to do the Setpoint Diet which is really 21-day fix diet without the fun containers. It works. But then any plan works if you work the plan. I too use them as measuring cups. They are so handy. Plus handy to take my dressing to a restaurant in the smallest one. Good luck on your competition. I'm only competitive in games, don't know why that is.

@trooworld Part of my hole is I'm on a hiatus from my 100 day books. Usually I'm on vacation when I do this big of a gap but of course no going on vacation this year. So I have to get my act together. I gained 3 lbs. You made me laugh about taking hubby out for a walk. I don't sleep through the night. Without fail, 3 AM I'm wide awake and yet 3 hours earlier, I can't hold my eyes open. I've often thought to just get up at 3 AM and do something. Glad your arthritis is better.

@cbabie Another good day of tracking for you. Once that becomes a habit you can move on to boundaries. Baby steps.

Yellow- Stayed OP 161/164 Intentional Movement: 16 min walk

August goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 6 glasses of water :( Burn 225 cals via movement :( Preplan food :(
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I had the same kind of day you did yesterday and I also tracked. I hope you get a nap in. Navy beans and cornbread sounds good to me! Thanks re: the arthritis. I'm sorry your wrist still hurts. That's a bummer. Yeah, can you picture my DH on a leash??? LOL

@theslightedgeforever Why are you on hiatus from your 100 day books? I think I may gain 3 lbs just this week alone, it's been a bad week. :( Yeah, put that DH on a leash and walk him lol. Yeah, that's how I am: falling asleep on the couch but yet wide awake when I'm in the bed. My arthritis is a little bit better but I'm still in pain. :/

Hello everyone. Day 3 of arthritis pain. Better than the first day, but I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10, my pain level is about 4. It was at 7-8. I've been really eating terribly, just not caring. I'm going to care when I get on that scale but right now, I'm feeding my pain.

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't get to walk today either. Baby is not sleeping well. I was rocking her at 7am until 8, then got her back to sleep only to have to try to get ready for work. She woke up crying at 8:45. I think her teeth might be coming in, the last of the baby teeth. I will have to check her mouth today. She just has been fussy the last 2 days. The beans were good, LOL. I didn't do great on eating. I am realizing, eating out of trying to stay away. So working on that end.

@trooworld Sorry to hear the pain is effecting your weight, but I totally get it. We can deal with only so much. I am trying to see about seeing the DR, I still have 3 visits left on Worksman comp

@theslightedgeforever What you can't pretend to go to Vancamp? LOL kidding I know you will figure this out. That's what you do.

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @trooworld so you are back in your office? Are you glad to be back or has a lot changed with covid protocols? …sorry to hear you are struggling with arthritis, that is terrible. I was thinking of a new mattress too, mine is like from 2009? I never know when to replace things.

@TeresaW1020 21 Day Fix- is that strength? Do you pay for these programs? I’m looking for cheap options lol. There is a cheap gym I may join- $50 a month. No personal training. I’m not sure yet but it would be nice to have access to weights again. But then I would need to do my own programs…..yeah I get a craving for Chinese food sometimes, nothing else will do. It’s the leftovers that kill me though bc one meal is not so bad, but then multiple meals is too many calories lol.

@cbabie so glad to hear the little one is growing and doing well! But it does sound like a lot on your plate. Yeah decluttering can definitely b e emotional. I have to do it but I keep putting it off. ….that’s a shame with your wrist. I know my step-mother broke her ankle yrs ago and it still hurt off and on for a long time after.

@theslightedgeforever yeah you have to be free to modify moves when exercising! Insomnia is the worst. I will get up and watch tv for 15 mins or read for 15 mins. When do you get back on your 100 day books?

 Well for me first of all I’m healing pretty well from my fall, I was super lucky. Just some bruises and by Monday I felt better. I went out for a bike ride Tuesday and I was a little nervous but it was ok.

 My weekly goals was 2 hours of movement a day. Mon- Wed I varied, 2.5, 2, 1.5. Pretty good. This is mostly walking. The one thing I’ve been lax on is the mobility work, it is what I hate the most.

 I’ve been tracking most days- yesterday I didn’t bc I had ice cream and that is a bad habit so I have to be more consistent.

Next weekend is when I go to British Columbia and when I come back I may join a cheap gym to get some strength work in again. I miss my trainer but I dont want to go to the gym he is currently at. I think I have some sessions I paid for before the pandemic though, so I have to call the gym to sort it out. Which I don't want to do lol.

This weekend my brother is in town with my nieces and I may see them, hard to say we are not close. I haven’t seen him in a few yrs. It’s always kind of difficult to be honest, but I’ll see how it goes. It will just be a short visit.

I also have to buy a few new things to wear on my trip- nothing fancy just some nice tops. Everything I have is pretty raggedy or a bit too small bc of quarantine weight.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld 100 day books: There's 365 days a year and we do 3 books so that leaves us 65 days where we do individually studying of other articles, books, etc. 14 days is the last two weeks of the year because everyone is so busy with Christmas stuff. The other 41 days is divided between vacations and just a week off here and there. Nobody got to go on vacation this year. Usually I just try and maintain my weight during this time but since I wasn't losing during the others times like I normally do, no reason to try and maintain. Long answer for a very short question. Something to think about....some foods cause inflammation of the joints. Is it possible that your food quality is affecting your arthritis? My friend told me that a couple of years ago but I personally never witnessed it until last weekend. Suddenly my shoulders, wrists, ankles were all hurting.

@cbabie So I'm sitting here wondering what is Vancamp? I might go if I knew what it was. lol

@its_cleo We are going back to 100 day books around second week of September. I hear you on the mobility exercises. I need to do some stability exercises too as I've noticed sometimes my balance is off and I always go to the left. I might add that to my September goals. I can't believe we are already talking about those. 2/3 of August already gone and I didn't do well on those. I might need to just repeat August. New clothes are always fun to buy no matter the reason.

Oh, just realized I didn't track. I need to turn my brain back on. Movement was a rest day cause it's Thursday. Water was low. Need I say more. So back to my mini habits that work so well for me.

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, glad that you are feeling a bit better. I hope you continue to improve. The scale did budge! And yes, I will be eating Chinese later today, after my weigh-in. ;) Yayyy to a new mattress!! I spent 5 years selling mattresses and I know how important it is to your sleep and good health. I don’t know anything about Casper but you should definitely try them out. Make sure they have a sleep guarantee so you can return it if it doesn’t work for you. No amount of laying on one in a showroom is going to tell you if it’s good or not for your body. You need at least a month or two to find out for sure. I was able to get a huge discount on my mattress when I worked at the furniture store and bought a Tempur-Pedic and an adjustable base. The adjustable base truly changed my life and solved most of my back issues.

@its_cleo 21 Day Fix is one of the programs on Beachbody on Demand. I pay $99 a year for a subscription and stream the workouts through my Roku. There are over 60 different programs that you can choose from. 21 Day Fix is a mixture of cardio, strength, Pilates, and yoga. BOD will hook you up with a coach and of course they would like you to buy their products. I don’t do any of that. I think you can try it out for free, so you should look it up! I hope you have a nice trip next weekend! :)

Good morning! So, the scale actually moved and I’m down 0.8 lbs this week. :grin I didn’t think I would lose anything because I went out to eat Mexican with the staff yesterday and had way too many chips. But I also didn’t make dinner last night, so I guess that helped. Today, we are going out to Chinese so I’m sure I will see a bounce back up tomorrow. I have a bunch of work to do today for the church plus I’m teaching children’s church this Sunday and need to start prepping my lesson. I’m excited to be back with the kids again.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm sorry the baby isn't sleeping well. Hopefully those teeth hurry up and come in so she can get back to sleeping ok. Thanks, yeah only so much we can take. I'm glad you are going to see the doctor.

@its_cleo I'm back in my office only one day a week for 4 hours. The other 16 hours I am at home working remotely. Things have changed, for example, we have to wear our masks the whole time even in our offices when nobody is around, temperature check to get on campus, social distancing. But I'm okay with it all. Thanks re: the arthritis. It stinks. re: the mattress...they say you should replace them every 8-10 years I think? @TeresaW1020 should chime in, she used to sell them! I'm glad you are okay from your fall. Sounds like you did great on your mobility this week, woo hoo! And great on tracking, too. I hope your visit with your brother goes better than anticipated. Have fun shopping.

@theslightedgeforever Do you do the 100 day books with other people? I didn't realize that. Who do you do them with? People online? In real life? Your question about food causing inflammation was something that was on my mind. I'm trying to right this ship but it's hard.

@TeresaW1020 I was going to ask you for your advice so I'm glad you chimed in!!! :D After I posted, I decided to make an appointment with another local place that has really good reviews and sells multiple brands. We also still have an appointment at the Casper store but I have a hunch we'll end up buying at the local store. We go to the local store tonight and the Casper store tomorrow at noon. I don't think we can have an adjustable base because we have one of those beds with drawers underneath it? :/ I hope we find something that will help. I believed in you and knew you were going to lose weight this week my friend!!! Congrats!!! Enjoy the Chinese and have fun with the kids. ;)

Hello everyone. I had a telephone appt with my doctor and he didn't do much for me, basically, he just gave me the equivalent of Ibuprofen and made me feel like he didn't take me seriously. :( My friend that has problems with arthritis suggested I seek out a pain management specialist doctor so I found one that accepts my insurance and am going to call them today.

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    @trooworld I use CBD oil from Young Living, it helps much. Yesterday my wrist hurt so bad I had my DH bring it into my office. I put it. on and 15 min later only slight ache. It is my life saver, I just don't use it enough. I am one not to take pain pills or medicine of any kind is my problem. I want to live without them..LOL
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't walk again today...not happy with my routine, but life happens in this house. LOL. Baby slept better, but not until midnight. My wrist is a better, but stiff. Need to use my stuff and not be such a stubborn person. LOL. Just feel out of sorts...working on that each day too

@TeresaW1020 congrats on the loss!!! I am like that with office chairs...I know what a good chair and the ergo can do for you or against you LOL

@theslightedgeforever I don't know it was in a movie...when the grand kids were little, they all used to play with Pop/DH and say they were going to vancamp...it's a pretend place for us.. LOL

@its_cleo I am glad you are feeling better, and I hope the visit with your brother is good..life is short so I really hope you enjoy him and he you. But I have a brother that sounds like yours. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Do you put it on the affected area? I might have to try that. Thanks for the suggestion! <3 Now, you use it too! lol

Hello all. My back feels a bit better today. Yesterday, we bought a new mattress. @TeresaW1020 we ended up getting a Wellsville 14" Gel Hybrid mattress on the recommendation of the store owner as well as because we tried like 4 or 5 mattresses and this is the one we liked 2nd best (the 1st best was out of our budget). We did get it from a small local shop. In other news, as expected, I gained weight this week and gained big: 4.2 lbs!!! I'm so mad at myself. :(

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    Morning everyone, I maintained my weight this week..I will take it, not a gain. LOL. I did get on the TM for 25 min today, but my fitbit was dead..UGH. so manually adding my exercise. I am really trying to track, thinking about trying the premium for 30 days to see on my net carbs, etc. Baby girl crawled in bed with us about 1 hour after she went to bed...we turned the crib into a toddler bed..and the fun begins.. LOL

@trooworld after I wrote that I meant to go back and say it's a rub, not oil. I have the oil, my DD told me I should use it and see if that works..(under your tongue). I am just one who hates to put ill-tasting things in my mouth..LOL That includes any kind of medicine. I always said I would die first, but as I get older..LOL I have samples if you would like me to send you the rub I use. It's called a muscle rub, but I am telling you it takes the pain right out. I will most likely try the CBD oil under the tongue, but I have to work up to it.

I hope everyone who follows has a great day. I am really trying to get me together, I want to be alive to do something that matters with my life.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    @trooworld you know, glad you got the mattress, I need one too! I also want to tell you the gain will come back off. You are working on you and it shows.

cbabie