NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    morning

Well I went on the hike with my granddaughter...oh my..we both came home and took a nap. 4 miles, she kept saying Grandma you are walking too fast. LOL Her legs are as long as my body. :) It was good, we talked about making this a standing appt every Sunday after church. (if only she would go to church with me)

@gemwolf110 I: your living room is so pretty and inviting. I took my granddaughter to Target so she could "show" me all the particular makeup and brushes she wants..earrings.. you know the girlie stuff. LOL I need a million dollars. :) Glad you got part of yours done.

@mysticlizard Good for you on your exercise. I like the fact that you decided to enjoy Pizza with your husband, that is what we call a good choice for LIFE. Pizza is not all that great, but you don't eat it every day and you built relationships with DH.
    @bugmom92 Glad to see you posting here today, good to see your face. My mom used to always say to me, as my family likes to plan and not activate..LOL don't put off for tomorrow, what you can do today. So I start again today with better habits than yesterday. :)
    @theslightedgeforever I went in and updated Trello today for work, not have to finish tomorrow for home/personal. Glad you had fun at the cabin with your friends. Yes time to get off your what? LOL
    @trooworld: I am still reading the 8 Keys to Mental Health through Exercise. It is making me think about how life hits us and what we can do about it and what we can't. I like the "homework" she has in each chapter. I love the
    picture of you and your coworkers!! Thanks for sharing that.

enjoy today, we don't know what tomorrow holds..

cbabie
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon ladies,

@gemwolf110 - your tree is beautiful!

@bugmom92 - the bacon Brussels sprouts dish sounds yummy. I like that you are doing now instead of a new year's resolution.

@theslightedgeforever - Yes sometimes we don't want to face it, but I have found as I have gotten older I have much more to do if I don't get on it right away. Consider yourself kicked:)

@cbabie - I am glad you and your granddaughter got to go hiking. I have found that while my children moved away from the church when they moved out, they returned to the church as they got older. The pizza was good, but I did suggest we find a recipe for the crust that is not that calorie laden. Hubby was agreeable so I think I will pull out my Greek yogurt and flour recipe and put it into the recipe builder and see what I come up with.

It is sunny and cold here. It was below zero this morning and has warmed up to 9 (Que the music to We're having a heat wave...lol). I got my hour of exercise in and I feel like I will be on track with calories today.

I hope all you ladies have a good Monday. :)

• bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Today went alright. Made some better decisions, and some not so good decisions, but at least I was conscious of what I was doing. My friend had to work this morning, so no walk. I tried to go to pilates, but the world was out to get me, lol. I don't have anything flexible to work out in, so I was going to use Pj bottoms. So I had the clothes on...pjs and a tshirt - got it, not letting clothes stop me. Was moving a little slow this morning, but finally got out the door. Had to go back in for my yoga mat, and then for my water bottle. There are several streets I could have chosen to go north on, and the one I did pick had a huge traffic back up due to construction. Finally, I get to the church where she holds her class...I'm 20 minutes late. I drive through the parking lot and go home. I guess that was a trial run, haha. She told me later I could have come in then, but I didn't want to start my first ever pilates class 20 minutes late. I'll try again later this week...her Thursday class.
    Off to bed now. Need to start getting more sleep, that's for sure!
    Karla :-)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning:

I got my walk in, but I feel out of sorts. I am sure it's just the season. I am so determined to get my body in order. I am seeking yet not finding..LOL but I keep moving, I know one of the most important things is not to sit in self pity and do nothing..it's to keep on moving. You body becomes stiff as you get older if you don't get those joints moving. So move I do..worked up a sweat walking yesterday. That's a good thing, it cleanses the body.

@mysticlizard thank you for the words of encouragement. I know these things in my head, but sometimes our hearts still hurt. I am so glad I don't live where you do. When it gets 60 here I FREEZE.. :) Great job on keeping on moving.!!!

@bugmom92 Yes you made choices, but you knew what they were instead of sitting and eating a bowl of nuts mindlessly not know how much you ate..LOL That's what always gets me in trouble. I have had days like that, your head and heart are in the right place, but life doesn't play along with you. I have always felt when I get that much opposition..that's because something great is about to happen. Keep putting in on your calendar.

okay where are the rest of my friends..hibernating in the cold? :)

I am going to go finish reading my Bible and then go walk and get ready for my busy day.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @mysticlizard I am impressed that you have all of your shopping done! I probably won't have all of my shopping done until this weekend. I hope you enjoyed the pizza, my hubby makes pizza too...I think it's better than the chain take out places.

@gemwolf110 I love your decorations, especially the mantle with the stockings! The tree looks fabulous too.

@bugmom92 I hope you feel better soon. Your braised bacon brussel sprout dish sounds wonderful! Enjoy your time off from school. That's a good point about your friend caring/you caring about yourself. Something for us all to think about. A board game holiday bash sounds like a lot of fun. What's your favorite game?

@theslightedgeforever I've taken the last week off too...sloppy tracking, not going to the gym when I told myself I would. Where's Susan Powter when we need her? lol

@cbabie I'll have to check that book out. I struggle with depression and anxiety, maybe that would help me. "I am seeking yet not finding" that sounds familiar, I'm doing the same thing and getting frustrated!

Hi all! I'm still struggling. Every time I get on the scale, it goes up. I'm at the point where I usually quit trying and just indulge my inner glutton. I'm not going to quit but it sure is frustrating.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your Christmas tree looks awesome, @gemwolf110. Such a pretty shape it has.
    Sounds like everyone has been really busy. I would take a picture of my Christmas tree but I don't know how to attach it. Lol. I have been trying to exercise a little more and trying to be more mindful of what I eat. The Holidays are not the easiest times but who doesn't like a challenge? I take piano lessons, I know, right? My age! Well it is kind of fun but it certainly is challenging. We are having a little get together on Thursday and I have to play a Christmas piece in front of a couple of people. Yikes! Not my favorite thing to do. I get nervous. I am also getting ready to bake my first fruitcake and we will see how that goes. HaHa.
    Everyone have a great day!!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,

@bugmom92 - It sounds like you are ready for Thursday. Hopefully the pilates will wear you out and help you sleep.

@cbabie - Yay! You keep moving, before you know it, it will be second nature and you won't feel those stiff joints. I would love 60 degree weather. I am going to see my sisters in Phoenix in Feb. I can't wait.

@trooworld - I am sorry you are struggling, it is very frustrating when the scale doesn't move (or worse moves the wrong way). But you are hanging in there and that is a huge NSV. I am rooting for you!

@lore11a - Good luck with your piano and your fruit cake.

It was a SL day so I shortened my walking and peddling. I got an hour of exercise in. I didn't get to the post office yesterday so I have to go this afternoon.

I hope everyone's Tuesday goes well.
  • bugmom92
    Options
    @lore11a - good for you taking piano lessons. We're never to old to learn stuff. I believe in lifetime learning. I play piano (at a basic level, in spite of years of lessons) and can read music, but when I was called to be a chorister at church I had to learn to lead music...it was so hard for me...I'm not too coordinated! But I finally got it and was so happy that my hard work paid off. My kids belong to a college swing dance club, and some of the kids go out to a club on Wednesday nights that has swing dancing...a lesson, then social time. My daughter told me that her dad and I should go..."there are lots of old people there". Well, thank you for those words of encouragement, dear child, lol. I'd love to be able to dance like that, it looks so fun. We might try it, but not this month...my hubby's work schedule is awful. Unless I go without him. He catches on to this stuff faster than I do anyway.
    @trooworld - my favorite game? Lol...I wouldn't know where to start! We play (and own) so many games. Tabletop gaming is our family hobby, and we've been doing it for years. We even go to conventions, and we all demo games for several companies. I guess some of my favorites would be "Lanterns" (a very pretty game where you lay tiles down and collect colorful lanterns), "Plague Inc" (a very new one that is based on a phone app game of the same name...we have to try to spread a germ throughout the world!), "Splendor" (where you collect gems to collect more gems), "Fluxx" (a card game where the rules constantly change...this comes in many themes, like Holiday, Zombie, Pirate, etc). I guess those are my "go to" games right now, but I like so many more!

You ladies who live in the cold parts, kudos to you! I lived through 2 winters in my early twenties, and it was kind of fun but a lot of work (I worked outdoors with horses and livestock, so I got to know the cold intimately, lol). It gets to be 50F here and I'm freezing and my joints all stop working, lol. Having said that, I'm thinking of bundling up (because it's 67F, lol) and going for a short walk. Christmas lights and a good audio book will keep me going!

Until later,
    Karla :-)
  • bugmom92
    Options
    @trooworld - here are a couple photos of 2 of our game shelves. They're kind of a mess, due to the game day we just had and the fact that we are still organizing, but it gives you an idea of why I can't say "This is my favorite game"! p99xsb2p3oel.jpg
    v5ywzwkhiyt6.jpg
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals:

Well it's midweek and I did so much better yesterday with my food choices. Today is our Christmas party, so we will see. We each give a gift to represent the persons name we drew (child gift) and then we donate to a womens shelter here.

@bugmom92 LOL my youngest would love to be at your house. She loves board games.
    @mysticlizard Hope you make it to the post office. You are doing so great on your exercise. I am so proud of you.
    @lore11a Oh I wish I could play the piano. My mother did and I miss it. My brother is also musically talented...but me..well I sing and sometimes I am not so sure about that. LOL Tonight we have practice for the Christmas eve service, so I hope it goes well.

Okay gals, going to go walk, pray and get ready for the DAY

PS I have been getting in my 10K so that is good

Cbabie
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi ladies,

@bugmom92 - I want to come and live at your house, I love board games. We play a lot of board games and card games in the winter. I see you have Parcheesi, that is one of my favorite games.

@cbabie - I hope you had a nice time at your Christmas party.

The girls and I lucked out at the post officeyesterday, there was only one customer in front of us. So I am done with Christmas chores, now we can just enjoy the season. I did not workout today, I took a day of rest. I am not eating well either, but I will stay within my calories. I will get back at it tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. <3
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I decided to just jump in where I am. I got my stitches out yesterday but gums aren't healing like they are supposed to. Implant surgery is set for Jan 15. One of my sons is home for winter break and one will be coming in on Monday. Food is always a challenge when they are here. Exercise has been lax. As Nike says Just do it.

gemwolf What a day you had!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: good to see people checking in during this time of year. That is our balance. LOL

Well I was too busy to eat at our dinner, so all is good. They had so much food that people cooked, our company loves FOOD. So I am in a good company. LOL I got almost 12K steps.

@mysticlizard There was a reason God said rest on the 7th day..LOL we are allowed a day of rest from ALWAYS eating the right thing, ALWAYS doing the right moves....LOL
    @gemwolf110 Great job, you were moving and standing...what app is that? I know the fitbit one, but I don't recognize it.
    @theslightedgeforever ouch implant surgery? not my thing. Enjoy your sons and monitor the food..life is supposed to be enjoyed and not dreaded, especially with family.

Okay gals, busy day ahead..I have to get up and make the most of this day.

Cbabie
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,

@gemwolf110 _ Way to go! Does it bother you that they don't record the same amount of steps? And which one do you like best and why?

@theslightedgeforever - You be careful with your mouth and let it heal up. You can get back to exercising after those implants heal up. Take it easy and maybe take calm walks. I know you are motivated to move, but you don't want to jack up your mouth, especially the week before Christmas.

@cbabie - Wow almost 12k, you go girl!

I enjoyed my day of rest and candy. I am back at it today, it was SL 5x5 day so I got an hour of exercise in. It looks like I will do pretty good with my calories as well. It was below zero this morning and hasn't warmed up too much so I am glad I am indoors today. I am thinking of you @bugmom92 being in a nice warm climate.

Sending happy thoughts to all of you. <3

Liz
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals:

I almost stayed within calories..LOL but I noticed something if I eat aprox 300 cals of (good food) I am not hungry and get full after eating that amount. Another thing for me to watch and analyze. I have an event for the last two days at work and it stretched me out of my comfort zone but all is good. I needed to do this.

I hope you all are having a good day and I hope to see more of you here today. I know that Christmas is right around the corner...(it's my bday and I know how old I will be) LOL, but try to come by and say hi if nothing less. you need to hang with people of like minds during the holidays.
    @mysticlizard Great job, on the hour of exercise. I do not miss the cold. It is currently 58 and rainy here today with only a high of 66. To me that is fireplace, tea and sit on my fanny and read day. :)

Okay see you later

Cbabie

• lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well, thank goodness I survived my little piano recital. Whew!! Glad that is over. Lol. We had fun though, it wasn't too bad. I played Away In A Manger. It is a pretty little song. Afterwards we played musical dominoes. I also got my fruitcake baked and it actually turned out decent. Not as good as my Mom's but not too shabby for my first try. We are expecting some really cold weather on Saturday in Oklahoma and maybe some snow to go with it. I hope it doesn't get too bad. I don't really drive in it.
  • cbabie
    Options
    @lore11a so glad you survived!! I would hate to have to say good bye. :open_mouth: I have never played musical dominoes. I bet that was fun. Yea on the fruitcake. I can remember as a kid that someone in the church always gave us a fruitcake for Christmas. See what (1) word triggers in your memory? Such power our mind has.

:)

Cbabie
  • ladynasdaq
    ladynasdaq Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's 12/16/16. I am a horrible WW'r. I am super hungry on their Program and quit. I refuse to be starting,stopping and paying. Also, MFP is super easy and I need this. I know my final goal weight is what I weighed in the past at 120 lbs. and I used to eat 1600 calories a day. I also know after working MFP's calorie counter, this is very doable and shouldn't feel hungry. I am a RN, work night shuft, 5 pm to 5:30 am and do contracts. I am in N. Ca. and from FL. I am happy that I am alone here and I can stick to this without being sabotaged by my sis who lives with me in FL. I am so happy to taper down these past 2 weeks of stress and now begin. I have 11 weeks before I go back to FL. so hoping for some good losses.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies!

@cbabie - I envy you your warm weather. We are suppose to get 7-11 inches tonight and tomorrow night is suppose to be -26F (without wind chill added). It is a great time to curl up with a good book. I am impatiently waiting to get my copy of the "8 Keys to Mental Health Through Exercise" in the mail.

@lore11a - I am glad your recital went well. What is musical dominoes? You stay in where it is toasty warm, let all the other crazies be out there driving.

@ladynasdaq - Hi! It sounds like you have a good plan in place.

It was cardio day. I got my hour and a quarter in. I don't have to go out this weekend so I am happy that I can just look out at the weather.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend. <3

Liz

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    cbabie I think everyone loves food. This time of year there seems to be more of it. Implant surgery not my thing either. lol Although my son had two when he was about 16. Now Im thinking I should have been more sympathetic towards pain. I have lots of tea/sit on my fanny kind of days. Especially nowadays. Im in flannel jammies. I just wish I had some booties. I put a hole in it. My mom used to make me some. So I need to go find a friend who crochets. Hey we had fruitcake too. All I can remember is dry brick with red and green things in it. Now I'm sitting here wondering what the green things were lol I grew up with candy at this time of the year. Divinity, PB and choc fudge. No wonder my parents were diabetics. Other than my dd no one here likes fudge. I hate divinity so no candy gets made at my house. Thats a good thing for me.

mysticlizard Are you enjoying the 5x5. I think fall is the perfect weather. Not winter. I have reactive airway disease flareups in cold weather. Plus after running. I get in a running mood and forget Inshould have used my inhaler beforehand. You can tell I don't run that often lol

lore I love Away in a manger. How do you play musical dominoes? My kids are supposed to have 4-8 inches snow tonight and the wind chill factor about -43. My dd has about a 20 min drive to work. Night shift. I told her to throw a blanket in the car. I received a Sheesh mom from her and a what does she need a blanket for from my other son. I replied to him so she can stop and have a picnic by the side of the road on her way home.When will they learn Mom's wisdom is golden.

@ladynasdaq welcome to the group. I was doing well here until about 10 days ago when I had a tooth pulled. Seems like all my healthy habits went with the tooth. So Im trying to start again. I hate when I stop because hard to get going again. Plus I'm a routine person and one son is here and other one here on Monday. I know what you mean about doing better alone.

I'm reading a book called Younger Next Year. About how we don't have to feel "old". Two authors one from a psychological side and one from a science based side. Lots of exercise I hear. I wish there was a pill that made you get up and do all the things you know are good for you Take it 3 times a day,