NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    cbabie Your health comes before anyone else. Remember that Truth about cancer thing you were watching. Why are you afraid to say YES to you. What will happen?

trooworld I can't remember if I told you but I made your black bean burgers. They were good. Now I'm thinking black bean meatloaf. So write down how you could have done differently while it's still fresh. Then next year pull that out as a reminder. What would you tell your future self?

mysticlizard True on the weight thing. I had been doing better eating and exercising and then the scale jumped a bit but wouldn't move. Then I had a couple of days of overcalorie and suddenly I lose two lbs. My success now is on my consistency of habits. The holiday threw my exercise off and I'm having trouble getting back to it. So that's my challenge tomorrow. The skies are gray and that further plays into my moods. I wish they made glasses where you look up and just see blue skies. Now I can hear Put on a Happy Face song in my head.

I can't remember who posted the recipe with the oyster sauce. I made that tonight. I'm thinking mystic lizard or gemwolf. Anyway it was good. Quick too. Next time I need to serve it over something other than rice. I can feel the blood sugar effects. I'm thinking cauliflower rice or zoodles.

posted
    tracked over cals and carbs
    Goals exercise not met track dinner on time not met
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Cbabie, it’s really something how we feel when eating junk when we’ve been eating healthy. We think “wow, now that I’m eating healthy, the junk food really makes me sick”, but in reality, it was always making us sick…we were just used to it.
    Gemwolf, good for you not forcing yourself to eat everything on your plate! Not sure that forgoing breakfast is the best, but if you were able to enjoy dinner and not overeat, than more power to you!
    Mysticlizard and slightedge, the snowman was a gift from my secret pal last month! It was perfect, especially since when we were putting them up one of my daughter’s old inflatable penguins didn’t work anymore! (And I love snowmen!)
    Trooworld, our Thanksgiving was today too…but we had ham. I’m too lazy to do the turkey this year, lol.
    The weekend wasn’t too bad…I got a little off track yesterday and today, but I have tomorrow planned and lunch packed. I’ll check in tomorrow.
    Karla :-)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    Morning gals:

It's 49 outside and I don't want to go out there. However, I know people who sleep in their trucks, on the streets have no place to call theirs. What is wrong with the place we call America. Sorry, I see so many hurting and then I come here to my place of encouragement and friendship.

The truth about cancer, the truth about our health, etc..we have bodies that are wonderfully made. You can argue WHO or What made them..but they are made. They heal their selves. They send armies of fighters to fight the common cold...why do we not support them? Our brains have become fog and mush..with the chemicals..can we get away from them completely? No, but you know we can take care of what we do have, reach out for help when needed, seek like minded people? I saw something today on FB and it said, today when we get uncomfortable, we take a Valium...it's through being uncomfortable we grow. We become stronger, healthier...so I am working on my mind that says...oh I ate the wrong thing, what's the use today..well the use is when I quit smoking, drinking, diet coke...I had purpose and a reason and no matter how uncomfortable I was I was determined. I have not been determined enough. I told God yesterday, you helped me with these addictions...I have one more to hand over. So I have to change my view and realize my HEALTH is my LIFE, not just the future, but TODAY. I had a dream last night that someone very precious to me was in an accident, it woke me up...I did what I always do and pray for that person. It caused an awakening in me that I have to listen to. So yes, I am on my soap box today, but as Pastor said yesterday and as I heard on the Truth about Cancer...be bold, speak the truth. Some will be mad at you, some will walk away, but if you save just 1, it's worth it. Well today it's me that I need to save and I hope that all of you will take a hard look and ask yourself some hard questions. Is it about being skinny and model looking, is it about being here for your family? Or is it that you are important and your WERE created for a purpose and are you living in that purpose? Will you be alive in 5 years and physically and mentally able to do what you were created for?

Okay, I am going to go to my room and ask those questions of myself.

Treadmill and food prep needs to get done before work this morning...

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    Sorry for the long post but I got my walk in I got my lunch made I got my snacks made so I'm on the move
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,

@theslightedgeforever - Did you get your exercise in today? I have had the oyster sauce over cauliflower rice, it was tasty.

@bugmom92 - It sounds like you did o.k. this weekend and are staying on track, Yay!

@cbabie - It sounds like today got off to a good start, I hope the rest of it went as well.

I was down 2.8 pounds when I weighed myself this morning Yay! I got my hour and a quarter of exercise in and my eating is on track.

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful evening.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    bugmom92 wrote: »
    but in reality, it was always making us sick…we were just used to it
    Karla love that quote. So profound isn't it. My friend just bought me two snowman hand towels. She said she saw them and thought of me. My mom would fix ham too each year. I wanted turkey like everyone else. So the first year I was out on my own I cooked a turkey.

cbabie. I only watched two of the lectures on Truth about cancer. Biosolids which was very interesting. I told my son about it and he might do his thesis on it. and then the Baskin Robbins guy. He didn't impress me much. I wanted more hit me in the face facts so I would change my ways.

mystic lizard Yes I did 30 min of treadmill. Thanks for asking Yaaay great weight loss for Thanksgiving week.

posted
    tracked under cals and carbs
    Goals exercise met tracked dinner on time met
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals:

@theslightedgeforever well how about a DEAR friend that is so sweet who was born on 12/17, same day as my mom and we used to talk about them being born on the same day. She moved to NM, but in 2007 she was diagnosed with Breast cancer, she had a little baby, she did chemo and beat it...until a year or so ago...cancer came back, she did chemo..beat it, yesterday found out cancer is back..starting chemo next week. My heart broke as I read that on FB, Yesterday I had another "incident" that still has be sick to my stomach...a person on my pageant couldn't make it because her mil died and her husband was away on business...so that being said...I am
    reflecting on life.

I did much better yesterday...I didn't want to grab all the sour balls, M&M peanuts, orange slices that are sitting on my counter..I wanted to pace the floors and cry..LOL I did eat my homemade banana bread, but hey it wasn't PURE sugar..and I didn't even have a craving for the ice cream with Jif..but it does make you realize we as humans are designed to be healthy and life can be taken at any time, but it's supposed to be from accidents or natural causes, not because I can't say no to orange slices, cheesecake, cake with super rich frosting..Oreo's..LOL

so today I try a little harder, I keep what's important in front of me and be thankful for what I do have and how I am blessed. I have a good healthy body, hair, a strong will, a roof over my head and for sure food on my table. Yes I am thankful.

@mysticlizard great job..You keep me motiviated. :) I would be happy with .2 LOL
    @bugmom92 yes I always think of you when I say no to sugar..I can hear you in my head saying how much better you feel when you don't eat it. Thank you.
    @trooworld Morning! hope your thanksgiving was great....
    @gemwolf110 Morning..still comatose? :)

cbabie
  • beck1967
    beck1967 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Was feeling way to restricted on Smartpoints, I hope to find inspiration here ;)
  • cbabie
    Options
    @Beck19667 Welcome! You will find encouragement, fun, support, sometimes even good recipes. :)
    I am glad you found your way here!
    Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,130 Member
    Options
    @mysticlizard I think sodium is playing a big part of it, but I guess I'll see in a week! yay! Congrats, what an awesome loss!

@theslightedgeforever I'm glad you liked them! You know, I don't know that I would do anything different for Thanksgiving: I had one reasonable plate and about 3/4 of a cup of a second helping of macaroni and cheese. Maybe I wouldn't take leftovers home? I would tell my future self to chill out...that it's probably just sodium and just stay the course and it will all work out.

@bugmom92 that's a great observation about how we feel when we eat junk food. We had ham on Thanksgiving day, at my sis-in-law's house...so I actually had a T-Day + a mini T-Day!

@cbabie good questions. I'm sorry about your friend...that's really tragic. For me, I am trying to get healthy rather than trying to look good. Okay, who am I trying to fool? I also want to look good. But I'm sick of having an ache in my leg after walking distances, I'm sick of plantar fasciitis, I'm sick of being winded after a flight of stairs. Bring on good health!

@beck1967 welcome! I felt that way too, as far as how many I got and so I switched to MFP and feel more free.

Hi all! Things are well here, I found out at work yesterday that we are going to be closed for the week after Christmas, so we are getting paid days off for that time. I was so happy! I also found out at work that I make a better cheesecake than someone who brought one in and left it in the break room. I found that out by trying it. :( I shouldn't have eaten it after I took a few bites and thought it was just okay, but I ate the whole half piece! At least I only ate half a piece.
  • sgmfpac
    sgmfpac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, Glad to find some ww related folk. Have just left after a really positive three months, but want a free way to loose a few more pounds and then stay slim. I was doing the no-count version with ww, so just trying to figure out how to track with mfp. Any suggestions? Hello again, and thanks, S
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I hope everyone had a nice Tuesday.

@theslightedgeforever - I'm glad you got your treadmill in.

@cbabie - I hope your day went well, I am sending happy thoughts your way.

@Beck19667 - Hi!

@trooworld - I had to laugh about you and the cheesecake, recently I had a cookie that someone else made and as I was eating it I kept thinking maybe the next bite would taste better, it didn't I still ate it all. Do you have any special plans for your time off?

@gemwolf110 - I want to go home for Christmas with you, the cranapple coffee cake sounds amazing. Might your mom be willing to share the recipe? It sounds like you have a good start on your Christmas shopping.

@sgmfpac - Hi! The only suggestion I can make is make sure the food entries you choose from the database are correct. The food database was compiled by users and the entries don't always have the correct nutrition information. Most items have several options so choose carefully.

My day was good. I got in an hour workout and am doing good with my calories. I am still working my way through my book.

All you ladies have a good evening.
    Liz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Cbabie. Hooray for not grabbing the candy on the counter. Now why is the candy sitting out on the counter easy for you to grab. Our willpower changes from day to day. You might come in from a bad day at work and there it is. Have someone hide it for you Sorry about your friend. My mom always said cancer is never gone for good but just waiting around the corner to get you again. I don't want to let it get me the first time.

@beck1967 welcome to the group. Did you save us as a favorite? Lots of inspiration here. I hope you will inspire me too

Trooworld. Ok so no leftovers next year. I would tell my future self exercise in the morning or ask DH to go for a walk. What was your break room plan for goodies? I can't remember.

Gemwolf. Could just be sodium bloat. You will see soon. I have a hard time with the elliptical. My legs scream after 3 min. I can't imagine doing 40.

@sgmfpac welcome to the group. Save us as a favorite so you can find us easy the next time. For me building up my food data base was the key to successful tracking I try to choose items with the green check mark ✅ as those have been verified. I use my scanner on the app and enter in my own recipes if I make something a lot so I know I'm getting proper data. So now when I track it's easy and quick as most of my foods are already entered Just some clicks and I'm done. Another thing I do when I'm out is take a pic of my plate so I can remember what I ate and how much Then later I track it

Mysticlizard sounds like you are on a roll with food and exercise. I did my treadmill again I had a dentist appt at my usual time but got on tonight. I increased my intensity so I got more cardio minutes than fat burning. Plus raised my heart rate average.

Shoot I realized December 1 is almost here What are your December goals?
    Did you meet your November goals?

• bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    November goals? I think they went the way of the dodo. Yikes!
    Just checking in quickly...I started coming down sick Sunday night...had to teach Monday and got through it, but by the time I drove home I just went to bed for the duration. Only got up today to eat. I need to be better tomorrow, enough to get my class prep done, and then teach on Thursday. Getting sick every month and a half is not cool.
    My sister-in-law's husband is in the hospital in an induced coma. His heart is not pumping right, and they don't have a reason for it. Prayers and healing thoughts appreciated, those who feel so inclined. Thanks.
    I'm going back to bed now.
    Karla :-)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals:

Well I went way over my calories, but it wasn't sugar. I knew I was not to eat the cashews at 10 last night, but I did it anyway. I am just feeling good that it wasn't ice cream or the orange slices..LOL

@trooworld I would be happy if we closed for the week..I hope you totally enjoy your time off. I would be torn on just relaxing, reading, but then my other side kicks in and says waste not...so organize, clean, declutter..LOL

@gemwolf110 I agree, the cranapple coffee cake sounds delicious. You buy practical gifts, not things they say oh that came from..LOL I sometimes worry that my grand kids will say oh that came from GMA...and hide it.

@sgmfpac Welcome here, yes the best way is to track, you will see where you can change it up, not eat it because it's not worth it, or say oh that is something I will keep eating.. glad you are here.

@theslightedgeforever I can't even think about Dec goals. I have to get through this Christmas pageant. My fitbit says I got 2hr 31min sleep...oh yea..I will have to look at my goals for sure. I didn't meet Nov..but keep trying..

@bugmom92 So sorry you are sick again. What do you think is causing it? Are you taking enough vitamins? Eating? Using your EO's? I thought I was going to get sick last week, put thieves on my feet..and went to bed. I hope you feel better today!!! Thanks for stopping in even when you didn't feel good! I will keep your sister in law's husband in prayer. Just seems to be that kind of month. :( It can pass on by I say now!!!

okay gals off to get my walk in.. Oh my I was 20 steps from getting my 10K..you don't think I was upset at myself for not looking before I went to bed? Live and learn.

cbabie

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,130 Member
    Options
    @mysticlizard I was going to drive to Colorado to see a friend but I decided not to becuase I didn't want to be driving in the mountains in the snow. My hubby and I might go on a day trip somewhere, but other than that, I'll probably relax! You know, that darned cheesecake got me again yesterday (and they brought cookie friends with them). I don't know why I do that, it wasn't that good!!!!

@theslightedgeforever it was to stay out of that darned breakroom but did I listen to myself? NOOOOOOO! But at least I only had half a piece of the cheesecake. Mums the word on how many cookies I had. ;O

DECEMBER GOALS: lose 1 lb, keep going to the gym at least 3 days a week, keep tracking, drink at least 44 oz of water a day

@bugmom92 lol to the dodo comment. I'm sorry you are sick, I hope you feel better soon. Healing thoughts sent your way to your sis-in-law's husband.

@cbabie yes that's how I feel, I want to read read read but I also have things to do! I love to read. I'm a librarian (but for a corporation, not a public library), so I really do love to read!

Well, as you may have read above, I fell into the cookies and half a piece of cheesecake in the breakroom. I'm putting my foot down today, no snackies! I'm going to the gym in five minutes. Have a good day!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

@theslightedgeforever - you go! Good on you getting your exercise in!

@bugmom92 - I hope you feel better soon. Sending healing prayers for BIL.

@cbabie - Cashews are better than empty calories and they are tasty too;)

@trooworld - That darn cheesecake... Are you taking your own snacks to work?

I got in my hour and a quarter exercise in this morning, I am on track with my calories so far...

My goals for November
    1. Continue logging everyday. I did this and I can keep doing this.
    2. No more than 476 calories for snacks a day. I am set at 1430 calories for 1.5 pounds lost per week. I do not eat breakfast, lunch is usually no more than 300 calories, and that will give me 576 calories for supper. I was still higher on my snack calories so I need to work on this.
    3. Get at least 85 g. of protein a day. I need to make better food choices.I made it eight days so I really need to work harder on this.
    4. Get one hour of exercise a day for 25 days of the month. I would like to get at least 15 minutes on the days I don't get an hour in.19 days of an hour or more. Three days of 45 minutes. I need to work on this

Over all I went over my calorie goal 9 days and lost 6.4 pounds.

My goals for December
    1. Continue logging everyday.
    2. No more than 476 calories for snacks a day.
    3. Get at least 85 g. of protein a day.
    4. Get an hour of exercise for 25 days of the month.

Have a good day ladies! B)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    bugmom No getting sick that much is not fun. Your body is doing the red flag dance Warning Warning Sorry about your sil husband. Prayers sent

gemwolf Maybe that will be a January goal for me. Do 5 min on elliptical. I can always build from there. I just avoid it at all costs. Onederland territory is nice. Although build you a really high fence so you can't wander back over there. I'm at 194 as of today. For months I would get to 198-199 then back to 201 then back down. Now I can see the 189 mile marker. We can do this.

cbabie if you had a week off definitely go for the reading. Come on and make some some December goals. Remember YOU first. Even if those goals are 1) Make it through the pageant without being carted off to loony bin.
    2)Maintain weight. we never know which month our body finally turns on us. The month that my blood sugar readings went from being a pre-diabetic to full blown diabetic I was doing quite well regarding food and exercise. It was all the other months of abuse I gave my body that sent me over the cliff. Imagine if it was cancer. We can't afford to let one month go by without taking care of our bodies Even if that means scaling exercise to 15 min . Good job on no sugar. Celebrate those 9980 steps. Your legs are still working. I'm in a mood this month to find blessings all around.

trooworld how about bring your own goodies to breakroom. There will always be goodies in the breakroom because of holidays and birthdays and just because someone decided to bake and didn't want the leftovers sitting on their counter tops. You need a good plan to help you reach your goals.

mysticlizard I can tell you are analytical like me in how you wrote about your goals. Do you include protein in your snack choices? That way you could increase your protein and may be less hungry for other snacks thus reducing your snack calories. Kill two birds......Yaaaay on 6.4 lbs. Good month.

My November goals:
    Exercise I did 20 days
    Track dinner on time. No way to get actual data on this unless I go back and read through all my posts. I know it wasn't 100% but I am making it a habit.

Overall I lost 3.3 lbs I just had to check myself. I almost wrote "wasn't the 4 lbs a month that I wanted to lose" then thought of my advice to cbabie on her steps. Celebrate. Find the blessing. So 3.3 lbs down is getting me closer to having better glucose numbers. It is less weight for my knees to carry around.

December goals
    Increase cardio minutes to 40 three times a week
    Strength train twice a week
    Reduce fasting glucose readings to <126 I test 3 times a week and November I had 3/12 days under 126

• shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great goals everyone! Always love seeing everyone posting here.
    December goals for me are, to lose 5 more pounds, fine tune my weightlifting routine, mix up my cardio with step aerobics and elliptical, and stay on point with my macros.
    Have a fabulous day everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: I have been up for hours, got 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night. I am just running out of time. I have been reading, contemplating, looking at what my goals are. I have not completed that task as of yet. I know 2 goals
    Read more...at least read every day
    Sleep more...goal 6 hours
    I like slightedges goal of the eliptical of 5 mins... I might do 2. LOL I know I need to change up my routine.

wow so many losses this week. congratulations to all of you.

okay gotta run, sorry busy week.

cbabie