NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks! You had a safari room??? I'm intrigued! Do tell us about this safari room! Good job with the water.

@cbabie Well done on the bike ride! I had my hair done yesterday, too, although I am growing mine out so it was just a trim and color. I hope it comes off! That's good you ride in the neighborhood where you know your surroundings.

Hi all. Yesterday was indeed busy. I went to my WW meeting, got my hair done, went to a town 35 miles away to the gallery, and picked up the one piece that got rejected (ironically, it is the one piece I thought would make it!) and went to Kohls. When I was picking up my painting, I was carrying it to the car and this homeless man (who obviously had a mental disorder) started weaving towards me on the sidewalk. I veered to the other side of the sidewalk but he veered that way too. I went back the other way and so did he. He said to me something about lighting his cigarette and I said I couldn't and he moved to grab my forearm! I yelled at him, "Don't you touch me!" and be backed off before grabbing me but it scared me pretty badly. Later, my husband and I went to a rooftop bar/restaurant and had an appetizer and a drink. It was really nice and a good way to forget about what happened.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @cbabie Yaaay on another bike ride. Nice to get out in the fresh air. You both are wearing helmets, right?

@trooworld How was your WW meeting. I bet it was good to be in an actual meeting. Scary about the homeless man. It seems there are more and more. This country needs a mental health overhaul.

262/238- Green Just one of those days
    32 min walking
    75% water
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Yikes, that is so scary what happened with the homeless man! You really can’t be too careful these days. Do you have some pepper spray? Buy some to keep in your car. My DH bought me one several years ago. I probably should replace it with something fresher. I’m glad that you were able to relax with your hubby. <3

@cbabie Wow taking 6” off your hair is a lot. Do you love it? I hope so! Mmmm watermelon!! :)

@theslightedgeforever A safari room. You are so exotic! :grin:

Hello! It’s a kid kind of day. I taught children’s church this morning and in a couple of hours, I will be back for our first night of VBS. I’m excited and hoping for a really fun time and a good group of kids. I called my sister to wish her well on her double knee surgery that is scheduled for tomorrow. She is hopeful and anxious for it to be over and to be pain-free. My niece’s oldest son’s father just moved in to help out. He has been a part of the family since he was a kid. My sister told me how mom hasn’t been that much of a help and that I can expect to go pick her up in the next couple of weeks. I’m bummed but not surprised that my summer of bliss is about to end. OK, I need to go get some dinner in me! :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Afternoon all, I went to church today, came home and I had myself some PB...it was nice for a change, but I will say I don't think it was worth all the fat grams.. Went for a bike ride, got in the pool and played hard with baby girl for 20 min...got out, did laundry, cooking corn on the cob and REAL mashed potatoes and air fried chicken. Sounds like a home cooked Sunday dinner as I typed it..LOL. Working on puzzles, going with the theme that has a red pick up truck..50's year look in all the puzzles..it's been fun.

@trooworld So sorry to hear about the homeless man...that is scary. Not sure what I would have done. We have so many here in AZ...it's heartbreaking and most the time I sit and SMH.

@theslightedgeforever LOL Safari room...Mom would have had one if Dad would have let her. LOL. Yea on the walking and water. (no I don't wear a helmet). I for the first time this year wear a baseball cap to walk in...never liked things on my head.

@TeresaW1020 So excited for you with VBS and also sorry your mom is coming home, but she probably misses her home (room) too. LOL. I do love my hair, it's thick like I like it and it has a blunt cut I can just wash and go if I really wanted to.

cbabie
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Morning all. Back from a weekend at my dads. Was my step moms 50th bday. Partied till 5am on Saturday. Bad bad weekend. lol. Today back on track. Will get a run in this morning before it gets to hot. Last day of school for the kiddos. Grade 7 and 10 in the books. Goal for summer is to maintain and not gain. Drink my water. Stay active and don’t go to crazy in the hot summer weather st the lake.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever My meeting was good. I always enjoy it. I haven't connected with the group members really but that's okay. I do like going to the meetings vs the virtual. I get more out of it. Yes, and it was surprising because that area is not really thick with homeless. We do need a mental health overhaul. Wow, look at that water! Great job. And the exercise.

@TeresaW1020 I know, it was super scary. I do not have any but you know, even if I had some in my purse, it escalated so quickly that I doubt it would have helped. But I should anyway just in case! I'm glad you are having fun with VBS. Knee pain sucks, I hope your sister's surgery helps. That's too bad that your mom-vacation is ending so soon.

@cbabie Will you have pb in the future or are you over it for now? Oh my, your dinner sounds DELICIOUS! Can I come over for some? :P I'm glad you are having fun with your puzzles. We have a lot of homeless too, but not in that area so I wasn't "on guard". It IS heartbreaking.

Hi all. My brother and his family come tonight. We are meeting at a Mexican restaurant. I am going to look at the menu ahead of time to decide what I want. I forgot to say that when we went to the rooftop bar, I had a NSV: My husband wanted to order these loaded fries but I put my foot down and we ordered fresh spring rolls which are much healthier. I also resisted ordering a summery drink that had cream in it. I was thinking about the company coming and how many times I'm going to eat out.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2021

@teresaw1020 How is your fasting thing going? Summer of bliss. All good things must come to an end. Enjoy while you can. Praying your sister's surgery is a success.

@cbabie Yaaay on burning some calories in the pool. Red truck, interesting... Your Sunday dinner did sound good.

@trooworld Hopefully now that you will be going every week to WW you can find some buddies there. Would you start the conversation? You made big strides during your social outings. Good for you.

@renaegry I remember as a child summers at the lake. So it sounds like you have a plan for summer. What is your most fun way to stay active?

yeah, forgot to tell you about my safari room. The room was painted a camel color with a black accent wall but had two wide ivory stripes down the side. Then I had black/gold thick rope hanging down where the two colors met to hide that. In the middle was a huge round zebra clock. I had a big zebra rug. Lamps that had metal elephants on them. Lots of elephant decor around the room. I had a stuffed tiger in one corner. I still have half of the stuff. Some of it is just in different rooms now. I looked up and there is one of the end tables. I don't throw away any thing it seems until it is truly unusable or I'm just real tired of it. I keep repurposing things. lol I had so much fun with that room.

I lost 0.2 since last week

bt3rwdror1dz.jpeg

62/100 Red
    25 min YouTube Hamilton video. So much fun.
    75% water

• cbabie
    Morning all, Well I gained 1 lb, but that isn't surprising because I ate PB and ice cream....LOL Started this week out with a walk on the treadmill. Trying to push for more exercise this week.

@theslightedgeforever I still have my glass bowls from 1975, that were given to me as a wedding present. Green and Gold Corell.... I just couldn't throw them out....never bought others either..we use them almost every day for veggies or mashed potatoes. LOL

@trooworld I will have PB, I won't totally give that up, but I had it yesterday and it really wasn't worth the fat grams...LOL

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie I’m glad that you like your hairdo. I’m so jealous that you have a pool. I would be in it all the time! Your Sunday dinner sounds wonderful. DH has been wanting corn on the cob so I’m going to make it for him on the 4th. :)

@renaegry Sounds like one heck of a b-day party! :grin: Have a great summer and just try to be mindful of the bigger picture that you are wanting for yourself.

@trooworld Yeah, I keep my pepper spray in the little cubby between my car seats. I’m sure you have something like that, right? Look at you making good choices and putting your foot down! B) I hope you have an awesome time with your brother and his family.

@theslightedgeforever The data driven fasting is going. Not as well as I wanted when I first started but I’m not giving up. I did do a reset on my trigger because it was dropping a point a day and I just couldn’t hit it. So, I did a reset to 84 and it will start again from there. That room sounds like so much fun! How long did you have it that way before you got tired of it? I love zebra print! :)

Hello! So, my first night of VBS was fun. I have 5 kids ranging from 5 to 7 years old. I’m partnered with another crew that has four kids that are the same ages. My only downside was that I had the VBS theme song stuck in my head all night and probably will for the next four days! :D DH and I went to Kohls to look for some new pants for us both. He was trying on jeans but I wasn’t liking the fit. I looked at the men’s clearance and there were three pairs of Levi’s in his size for $10 a piece that looks great on him. I also bought a pair of army-colored Bermuda-length shorts that I actually plan to wear in public!! I’ve never done such a thing since being an adult. I do admit that with all my working out, I have good-looking calves. :grin: I also got a pair of Vera Wang light grey crop jeans for $17 and two cute T-shirts from the clearance racks for $6 each. So, we scored some good stuff and didn’t even spend that much money!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Good Morning All!

Hope everyone is well and staying cool with this heat wave. Pups are trying to. Fighting over the same ac vent, there are plenty in the house to share but they love this particular vent.
    Have a great day! Will try to check in more later.

~ Missy

d8emjxx7bu6j.jpg
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I might start a conversation but the people that seem to talk are unfortunately annoying. I'm not annoyed by talkers in the meeting, I'm annoyed by these 2 ladies. Hopefully some of the others will open up soon. Your safari room sounds really cool. I like the end table. Congrats on the loss (a loss is a loss!)!

@cbabie That's a good goal.

@TeresaW1020 I do have a place like that. Thank you, so far so good! I recently heard how you can get rid of an earworm but I can't remember what it said. Wow, that's so cheap (the Levis)! Yay for shorts! That's good you found stuff on sale. I love Kohls!

@gemwolf110 Your pups are precious. <3

Hi all. My brother and his family got in at about 4 and then we went to the Mexican restaurant at about 7. It was really crowded and we ended up going to a different Mexican restaurant because the wait was so long. I ordered shrimp fajitas but I did indulge in a mango chile margarita, which was totally worth it! The kids have grown so much since the last time I saw them and they each have their own personality. I love how they are comfortable with who they are and are not afraid to be themselves. My brother's hotel room is really a suite, it has a full kitchen so we are going to eat some meals in their room, we will cook for them at least once.

• cbabie
    Morning,
    I haven't went for a walk or bike ride yet. It's supposed to rain today..we will see if it rains or just spits..LOL. Probably just going to be humid. I just need to keep moving. (Sometimes I get a good workout with baby girl chasing me...saying I'm going to catch you...LOL)

@trooworld So glad you are getting to see family. I was supposed to see my nephew, but he got sick the night before so it will be next year. :). I really am old and don't like to be around annoying people, it's like just zip your lip already.LOL

@TeresaW1020 Good for you, I actually wore short shorts to the grocery store the other day..I was hot, tired and said to myself I won't see anyone I know...and I didn't LOL. Great job on the score at Kohls...yes those songs stick in our head. I have been humming sing, sing, sing...(we sang it on Sunday). LOL

@gemwolf110 I walk around with a jacket on and everyone else is like REALLY? At least they have a view, right? LOL

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    :sigh: Lost my post. I've just had a really busy day so far and still need to do some kind of exercise. I did walk 13 min at the mall today. I parked far away from where I wanted to go and then walked. Every step counts I'm having trouble with my heel. It reminded me of @trooworld and her plantar fasciitis. Water hasn't been as good so far today

99/100 Red
    Rest Day
    75% water

• trooworld
    @cbabie It's humid here right now, too. Not too hot. Aww, baby girl is so cute! I'm glad I'm getting to see my family, too. I'm having fun! Yeah I don't have a lot of patience for these ladies, they talk during the meeting and I don't mean to the group, they chatter all throughout the meeting to each other LOUDLY. I think that's why they get on my nerves lol.

@theslightedgeforever Ugh. That's good you parked far away from the mall. I hope you don't have plantar fasciitis!

Hello all. I'm having a lot of fun with my company. Walked a lot yesterday afternoon. Today we are going to the beach. I decided to make 100-hour brownies for them. I have to start them today and they may not rest in the fridge for the full time they are supposed to but they will still be good.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't do well at all yesterday. Ate my emotions. I went to bed last night thinking I give up...but here I am again trying. Went for a short bike ride last night, baby girl was so tired, she went right to bed. She has fun on the ride...sitting in her little chariot, eating her snacks and drinking her water...what a life. LOL

@trooworld I have never heard of 100 hour brownie and probably glad I don't know as I would make them and eat them. LOL. Yes I was raised when someone is speaking, be QUIET and give them respect enough to listen. That just seems like it's not taught or followed anymore. Have fun at the beach!!!

@theslightedgeforever Sorry you lost your post, but glad you gave us a short version..LOL. Good job on parking farther.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Hooray for your walking. Lighting those calories on fire. Those ladies would bother me too. I hope I don't have plantar fasciitis either. I go tomorrow to the PT so I'm going to see what kind of exercises she suggests to help. I swear I get one body part pain free and then another one pops up. Whack-a-mole!

@cbabie So today is a new day. Remember we talked about the thoughts in our head before we eat something that is not good for us. Write those down. Then practice a response to those. Then do it again and repeat for as long as it takes. It's really just a skill. You are stronger than your emotions. What other things could you do? You only have to get away from the kitchen for a short time and then find a distraction. Talk back to that voice in your head.
    Say NO CHOICE. I will not give in. Maybe think of that voice like a demon. Give it a face. Talk back to it. It won't be long and she can get a bike too. I would eat all the brownies before the 100 hrs is up. :D Although I have been really good on this subject lately. I can make them and just have one. I plan it first and then cut it up into two. So I can go back for seconds. My mind doesn't know the difference. I eat it slowly and savor it. If people talk while in a meeting or something they might get dragged out and switched. ;) Nothing is like it used to be. People don't even dress up anymore. Although you know I would be the one in the meeting saying, Excuse me to the leader; Can you repeat that I couldn't hear what you said. They were talking loudly and then motion towards their direction. :D Course I wouldn't win any friends that way but I'm not there to win friends and I bet there are others in the room that don't like their loudness either.

97/100
    13 min walking
    50% water
  • cbabie
    @theslightedgeforever you are definitely my mothers child...LOL. I would end up leaving with a huff...LOL
  • trooworld
    @cbabie Please don't give up! You are worth it. <3 This is just a bump in the road. I'm glad baby girl enjoys the rides and rides like a true princess! Yeah, you don't want to know about those brownies lol. You are right about not respecting when people are talking.

@theslightedgeforever Whack a mole, lol! I hope the PT can help your foot.

Hello all. We had fun at the beach yesterday, it was really crowded with tourists enjoying our weather and beaches. I did so-so with food yesterday: for lunch, I had this giant slice of pizza but for dinner, I had a peach Caprese sandwich with street corn on the side. So, balance I guess. Today, we are going to the wild animal park. It should be fun.

• theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie But you get to be dad. >:) How was the eating? Did you stay within your boundary?

@trooworld Today at PT, we didn't even get to my foot. She was too busy killing my hip. I thought it would be another day of bike riding while I read my Kindle. I can do that. No, she obviously figured out ways to torture me a bit. She put these 6 lb ankle weights and said lie on your back and lift your leg up. Sounds easy. Up down. No she says, up and hold :leg starts shaking a bit: and down. Boom. Not that fast. So now #2. leg up :leg is shaking more and hold and down slowly. #3. leg up......leg refuses to participate. She says leg up? I said my ears heard you but my leg is not moving despite me trying. she helped it up and hold.....you think we were having an earthquake it was shaking so bad. Now let's do another set....really? That was just one of the exercises. Finally we got through all those and onto the weight machines and the bike. I like those. Then my hip hurt worse after exercise. She said interesting. I said yes cause you tortured me. She said you are too tight and need to strengthen. I need alot of things I said to myself. lol I need to find a way to enjoy doing these floor exercises and all. They remind me too much of PE. My foot is a bit better since I changed into a pair of sandals today. I usually wear hushpuppies but they are slightly a bit big and I wonder if that is what is causing the pain because my feet have less support. I'm between sizes. I have Fred Flintstone feet. A beach sounds fun. Balance is the key.

94/100 Red
    31 min walking
    50% water
  • theslightedgeforever
    Busy day yesterday but lots of exercise. I stayed OP. This morning I put on a pair of toe separators. I heard they were supposed to relieve feet pain.

233/238 Green
    40 min- PT therapy 1 hr 19 min walking
    50% water