NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I think that is a good idea to go to the actual class and see what goes on. Does it have different classes for beginners and more advanced people? :)

@cbabie Let’s make a pack that we will both do our best to track our meals. My plan is to pre-track in the morning and then go back after dinner and tweak where needed. I just gotta treat it like a job! ;)

@theslightedgeforever Good tips for traveling! I saved it and added it to my Savannah folder for our trip in October. I don’t mind coming back with a gain, but I also want that gain to come off within a few days. And as for planning what I will eat in Savannah, I already have that on an excel spreadsheet. :D

Hello! Not much going on today. I did my workout this morning and did laundry and some housework. I finished a puzzle and started a new one. We tried to sit out on the porch today but even with the ceiling fan, it was wayyyy too humid. I gained almost a pound this week and I’m up 2.9 for the month so definitely need to turn that around! My staff and the spouses are going to Top Golf on Sunday where we will play and eat. I looked at the menu and the turkey avocado wrap looks like the wisest choice. I plan to work out extra these next two days and keep my calories low and my protein high. :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you got some rain. We need rain here, too but I don't want it to rain because of the windows lol. You are right about 2020-2021. That's good you are tracking. I'm still about 5 lbs over what I was before my company came. Grrrrh!

@theslightedgeforever I think you are right, I'm definitely not in the same shape as the others. That's a good thing to keep in mind.

@TeresaW1020 Not really. I think you just do at your level. That's too bad you couldn't sit out on the porch. I'm up 5 lbs since my company came, so I'm in the same boat! Let's turn this around! Good plan for the Top Golf. I hope you enjoy.

Hi all. I guess I did pretty bad while my company was here, I gained those 5 lbs and it is not coming off. :( I'm going to get my mojo back, I promise! I made my meal plan this week, however, I did not put the recipes through the recipe builder to see the points before I decided on it and now I've got some of the ingredients. I think I will put the ones I'm sketchy about through it and if the recipe is too pointy, I will just make something else with what I bought.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I tracked, but it was horrible. I went to IHOP with a friend I haven't seen in over 2 months. We usually see each other at church, but she has not been there. So it wasn't good, food choices, but I loved the visit. It was the 1st time eating out since covid. I was scared and uncomfortable in the beginning. However, what am I to do....I will either get it or not...can't keep worrying over it. It rained again yesterday and is super muggy.

@trooworld You got this and company was good, now you just get back to what you were doing...it will come off and you will have gotten to see a friend and your health. LOL

@TeresaW1020 Yes I will commit to tracking with you. It's really in my best interest and yours too...so we can live healthy lives and not be dead or in a nursing home right?

@theslightedgeforever You always have a word in season...LOL. Social...uhm. like father like daughter... You can be the social one....I will be slightly social.. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    @teresaw1020 Yaaay for doing your workout and planning ahead to see what you will eat on Sunday.

@trooworld You get your mojo back by action. You have your plans made for the week so just take it a meal at a time. You will get back into the swing of things soon now that you are flying solo.

@cbabie Tracking will become easier the more you do it. It just becomes second nature. The thing that helps me the most is that I have to report my daily numbers to 3 different groups. So if I don't track then I have nothing to post to them.

I walked 13 min today so that's better than yesterday.

I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow to go see my daughter. I haven't seen her since pre-covid. I mean we play cards every Saturday night on Zoom but it will be nice to be in the same room for a change. I haven't decided how long I will stay; probably when she kicks me out. lol It will be at least 6-8 weeks. Dh is retired now so our schedule now is open.

My vacation strategy is I will continue to carb cycle and just pretend I'm at home. She is also trying to lose weight now so I'm hoping it will be easier and we can't sabotage each other. (like normal) If we do any short road trips, I will add 300 calories to the day and maximum of 2 red days for the week. (switching any remaining red days to yellow).
    She has a gym in her apartment building. Let's see if I can use that one better than the one in my house. Dh and I plan to walk every morning. I have found some hiking trails in her area.

236/238
    no exercise
    50% water
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@trooworld We will get our weight gains off! I think that is a very good idea to put your ingredients into the recipe builder. I find doing that and pre-tracking to be very beneficial in making sure that I get the calories and macros that I want. We just gotta do the work, right? ;)

@cbabie Yayy for getting out to eat with a friend! IHOP is so good! And good for you for tracking it. Tomorrow, when I eat at Top Golf, I plan to track it all no matter how ugly it probably will be. And yes, the goal is our health! My mom could barely walk when I went to pick her up because her body hadn’t been used to do any kind of exertion. And now she is back in her room and sitting all day long in her chair. I cringe at how damaging her lack of movement is but there is no changing her, so I just have to bite my tongue, and one day when she can no longer take care of herself, she will have to go to the nursery home. :/

@theslightedgeforever That is wonderful that you and DH get to travel to visit your daughter. I hope you all have a wonderful time! It will be good for you to help motivate her and for her to motivate you. :)

Hello! Not much going on today. My new Crowder CD arrived today so DH and I have been listening and learning the songs. I have to be ready for the concert in October! :grin: I started the July DDF challenge today and for the next three days, I’m just to take my blood sugar when I wake up, before eating, and an hour after I eat. Then in three days, I will get my trigger and hopefully, this time make some real progress. I tracked my food today and did an extra-long workout. So, I’m being a very good girl! :grin:
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Sometimes the visit is what is important. Just start over with the next bite. That is true, now say the same thing to YOU! :)

@theslightedgeforever Yes, I will. I am going to be as focused as I can starting with my next bite. That's great that you walked. I hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter. That's good you already thought of your plan.

@TeresaW1020 Yes we will! And yes, we do! That's great that your day is going well. Keep it up!

Hi all. I seem to continually sabotage myself on the weekends and this weekend was NO DIFFERENT. It started because one of my neighbors in the complex, she lets her dog out to go to the bathroom with no leash on and doesn't watch it. Well, we live by the freeway and the dog got through a hole in the fence and got hit and killed. :( It's totally her fault but I won't say that to her. I wasn't there when it happened but my husband was and he helped find the dog and he was really shaken up. We decided to go for Bloody Marys and ended up getting brunch as well. I got a cubano sandwich and fries. Then, for dinner, it was too hot and we didn't want to cook so we got pizza. :( It was a bad day all around. Today will be different.

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld Ohhh my goodness that is heartbreaking about your poor neighbor's dog! :'( I can totally see how you and your husband were so upset and I'm glad that you weren't there to see the poor animal. OK, so you had a rough day and you ate foods that aren't on your plan. You have the rest of the week to turn it around. And you will!! <3

Hey all! I'm just popping in before I leave for our mega staff party at Top Golf. It's muggy as all get out so I hope that it won't be too hot where we will be sitting. I'm sure they have fans or something to keep the customers cool. I'm sure that I will be eating off my plan for dinner but I do hope to not go crazy. I will report tomorrow. ;)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I know, right? I'm glad I didn't see it either, I would have been even more upset. I will turn it around! I hope you had fun at the party. :)

Hi all. I did it! I went by the boxing gym before meeting my friend for coffee/tea. I talked to one of the trainers and she was super patient with all of my questions and gave me lots of information. I also talked to one of the gym customers, a woman about my age. I saw another woman that was about my size or a little bigger. The trainer said that about 70% of the clients are women! I felt so comfortable with it all that I came home and signed up for a month membership. I also signed up for 3 classes: Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I'm excited! Here's a picture of the boxing gloves I have had for about 15 years.

2e1fb31jfrp3.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I did well at work yesterday: no snacking at all, I didn't even bring snacks from home, and I got about 50 oz of water in while at work. I just kept telling myself, "Lunch is in an hour." It worked!

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld Yayyyyy I'm so proud of you!! I can feel your excitement and just know that you are going to have so much fun!! :grin:

Hello! I went for my physical today. Some people go once a year but I go every five years. :D My doctor was thrilled with my weight loss and how healthy I seem to be. She did draw a bunch of blood so I have to wait for that but I'm not concerned at all. My A1C was 5.2% and according to Dr. Google, that is a very good number. With so much diabetes and kidney disease in my family as well as morbid obesity, I am just so happy that I am on this health journey and I'm not stopping! :grin:
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Hi all. Just wanted to pop in and say I made it. Now I get to work on my health while being out of my normal routine. I found a trail near my daughter's house that I can walk on. I plan on checking out the gym in her building some time this week. I need to go buy some food so that I can have MY food. Because I saw she bought me eggs but only 6. I just laughed because that will last me and my hubby 2 days and on that second day he will just get toast. lol
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, I think so. That's great that you had such a good doctor visit! You are doing so well and have made so much progress. You should be super proud of yourself, I am proud of you!

@theslightedgeforever I'm glad you are finding ways to work your program while away. 6 eggs? That would only last anyone 2 days! LOL

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday, I tracked almost everything and I ate healthy-ish. I did make beer bread to go with the soup we had for dinner. It's delicious but pointy. My officemate joined WW yesterday. That should make it easier for me if we work the same day. In August, we are starting to work 3 days a week in the office.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, Again, I have been MIA..life has been out of my routine and if I don't get on here in the mornings forget it! LOL. When I WI on Monday, I was up 2.2, but on Tuesday that was gone...so I am just going to say I am p 2.2 and see what happens next Monday..LOL. I didn't get any exercise in on Mon and Tues but I have tracked AND I got on my TM this morning before baby girl got up and did my 20 min...Also, I did hit 10K both Mon and Tues. That is my every day goal for this month.. Even if it means walking in place at 11PM..LOL

@theslightedgeforever Glad you made it and well 6 eggs last us forever. I think since I am a product of the 80/90's eating habits...eggs mean fat and cholesterol. Now if I stop and think...I know they are good in protein...but I think I was trained only 2 a week, so I just dont really eat them. Something else to work on LOL

@trooworld Yea on the no snacking...me and my boss went to WW together, it worked for us and it was nice since she was also my car pool buddy, lunch buddy and Bf..LOL

@TeresaW1020 I am sure your blood work will be great and isn't it nice when someone especially in the medical field telling us great job? I just can't seem to give up the ice cream..It's one of my comfort emotional foods. LOL
    I am trying to make myself go back to the frozen fruit type Ice cream...just not the same. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I almost sent out the hounds lol. That's good that the gain was off the next day. It sounds like you recovered nicely. Haha about you and your boss that's great. Yeah, I will only be in the office one day a week but man, she eats all the time and it is often not healthy stuff lol. It can really tempt me. So I'm glad she is on WW now. :)

Hi all. Yesterday the only snack I had was some chickpeas that I air-fried and put some spices on. They were kind of dry but good. Last night I had a nice shrimp salad. We rarely have shrimp because my husband thinks of them as sea bugs lol.

• cbabie
    Options
    Trying to do better today. My fat grams were off the charts yesterday, but today will be better...as I ate all the fatting left overs yesterday. Plan is to do a bike ride late tonight after the sun goes down.

@trooworld I hope that your friend takes the program seriously. Otherwise you might have to keep going your own path..LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Better with the next bite, I say. A sundown bike ride sounds nice. Yeah, I wonder if she will take it seriously. She hates tracking and that is key, so we'll see!

Good morning! I did really well yesterday. The only thing I snacked on were some hard-boiled eggs with balsamic vinegar on them. I also had a hand full of these reduced-calorie crackers. I have to make a birthday cake for one of my best friends today, we are going to her birthday party in a park tomorrow. I'm also making a Greek salad with cucumbers and chickpeas and feta etc.

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I hope you’re having a great time! I have a church potluck next Wednesday so I'm remembering all the good advice that you have given in the past. :)

@cbabie I hope you had a better day with your macros today. What are you trying to aim for? :)

@trooworld Ohhh I never thought of balsamic vinegar on hard-boiled eggs! I’m totally going to have to try that. I bought some yum yum sauce and that has been my newest obsession to put on eggs or anything else that I think will be good with it. :grin:

Hello! Sorry I haven’t been around. Not much going on except church work both with cleaning and other duties. I’m putting together a new directory that will be online and includes an app for our people, so that has kept me busy. I managed to lose just over a pound this week. My weight is barely moving even though my food has been great this week. I think it’s the amount of weight I’ve been lifting lately and if that is the case, I’m good with it. I was just listening to a podcast on the importance of muscle and how it will greatly affect how well we age and I plan to age very well. B)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, it has rained and thundered all night..DOGS were up whining all night...so everyone but me JUST got up..at 11.. Everything is wet..pool is FULL. I did much better yesterday on food, but NO exercise...running 2 min doesn't count...LOL

@TeresaW1020 I have my carbs at 50%, fat 30% and protein 20%. I am also trying to stay within 1200 calories. I am usually over on the fat grams for sure.

@trooworld If I made all those cakes I would be in trouble. LOL. I LOVE CAKE, baby girl loves cake. I buy the mini cupcakes and freeze them. LOL

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld You sound like you are getting your act together regarding the food. Woohoo. Funny when I read the word sundown I think of Alzheimers. I was imagining a bunch of old people riding bikes. lol

@teresaw1020 Once I'm in your head, I never leave. Congrats on the weight loss. Just over a lb is excellent. 1-2 lbs per week is good healthy weight loss so you are doing everything you are supposed to be doing. Take credit for it. You are right with the muscle. I need to get back into the gym and start focusing on that part of my fitness as well as the flexibility part. I can't just keep focusing on the number of steps I'm getting.

@cbabie 2 min counts. All fitness counts. You could have been sitting on the couch for that two minutes. Here's something to think about. Increase the time between the purchases of the mini cupcakes. We hope baby girl doesn't like cake too much or she will be on one of these groups 30 years from now trying to lose some weight. You know how we were raised.

I'm settling into a routine. I'm going to try and make my balcony time the time to check in with you all. I bought my dd a couple of chairs and a table for her balcony so I can enjoy it. :D Her balcony faces a big field and everyday I look at it I want to sing "The hills are alive......" I've been exploring nature. It's always more fun in someone else's backyard. I walked up to Target on Thursday to get me a couple of things and that ended in 77 min. worth. Yesterday I was headed to the gym here at her apt but evidently you need a card or something. So I just headed outside and took another walk 42 min. I've stocked the fridge with f&v and MY food. I usually end up gaining 10 lbs when I go see my kids because we eat out too much. They don't cook and I don't want to. I'm on vacation. But this year I refuse to gain those 10 lbs. I'm going to work hard on it.

I was doing so well yesterday til the end of my day. I had a bad craving for something sweet after my meal. I fought that craving for 3 hours. I used the "just say no" mindset; read my Beck response cards, distracted myself with a book, made myself some tea, said just wait til 30 min then said again just wait til 30 min and then my daughter had to go out to buy some cat food and I said bring me something sweet. That was the slip up. One hour before bed. If I could just have held out one more hour. So lesson learned. Do it until.......

• theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Another lesson learned is don’t rely on the MFP data if you have the actual data available.

Back of package is 3 hostess donuts for 280 cals 32 g carbs

MFP shows 220 for 4 donuts 29 carbs

I googled it and found an image from back of package 250 for 5 and 28 carbs

228/164 Yellow
    42 min walking
    25% water