NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @gemwolf110 Love your doggies and their hogging of the vent! :grin:

@theslightedgeforever Oh my goodness! Reading about your PT had me giggling and cringing at the same time. I am sorry that you were being tortured but at least you have a good attitude about it. Fred Flintstone feet!! I can relate! :D Did the toe separators help?

@trooworld I’m glad that you are having such a good time this week while on vacation! The wild animal park will be lots of fun for sure! Is it one of those that you drive and feed the animals in your car? Those always look terrifying on America's Funniest Videos. :D

@cbabie We don’t give up!! We just keep on doing the best we can and let the rest fall to the wayside. Yeah, the life of a little girl sure is rough. :grin:

Hello! I’m back and VBS is over. It was a great week and we ended up having more kids than we ever had. Our family night last night was awesome and all the parents came out and enjoyed themselves. My weight is up 2.6 lbs for the week. Not surprised since there was pizza and cookies last night. :p I’m back on track today and I’m taking my blood sugar and eating high protein, low carb. I paused the app with my trigger at 82 and plan to work myself back to hitting that trigger for a couple of days and then I can resume what they call “hunger training.” I just need to keep thinking about my physical in three weeks and how I want to be in the 170s!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    @theslightedgeforever That's too bad lol. Your PT person sounds tough. I don't think anyone enjoys PT exercises. Maybe make a reward for doing them? Did the toe separators help?

@TeresaW1020 Not quite like that. You walk around and look at the exhibits BUT...we did a "behind the scenes safari" where we rode in a truck with a tour guide. They took us to the East Africa section where the herbivores live (can't go where predators live or they would attack us lol). My favorite exhibit was seeing the giraffes. One walked right up to our truck. We couldn't reach out and touch them but we could take photos. Here are some of my favorites. That's it, keep your eye on the prize! I also had pizza last night and my weight is up.

Hi all. My weight is up 4 lbs this week. I am not surprised, we've been eating out at least once a day and I had pizza last night. Doing lots of walking, too. Today, we take our 17 yr old nephew to a train museum. He has loved trains since he was 2 years old. It's about an hour away from our house and it's supposed to get really hot today. After that, we are meeting up with the rest of my brother's family in Little Italy. We are going to the farmer's market for fresh pasta for dinner. I made an incredible ragu sauce.

Well, only one photo is transferring to my computer from my phone so I will share that one photo from the animal park.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

cep1sl7ccfkp.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    @teresaw1020 Well, you know that some of that weight is pizza bloat so it will be back to normal so and you can continue losing and get into those 170's. Toe separators....they made my toes skinny. Now if only I could find one of those for the body. I guess i'll see after 3-4 months if they work.

@trooworld Loved the giraffe. The trains would be cool too. read my note to Teresa about the toe separators.
    Well, same for you. It's hard to have company and lose weight but it can happen. So do the best you can. In one of my groups we were talking about this subject today.

1.Describe a social cue that is a problem for you.
    2. Pick one idea from this session for changing the problem social cue. Choose one that is likely to work and that you can do: Plan ahead, change a cue, stay away from problem cue, respond to cue in a more healthy manner
    3. Create a positive action plan.
    I will:
    When?
    I will do this first:
    Roadblocks that might come up:
    I will handle them by:
    I will do this to make my success more likely:

213/150 Yellow
    12 min walk
    50% water

I ran into a bit of emotional eating after I thought I was done for the night. I did not respond well to my sabotaging thoughts evidently or I would have not eaten the snacks. So that needs work. I was doing so well too this week, my weight was down a bit, now I don't know what Monday will bring. All I can do is keep following my plan the rest of the day and tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah I'm doing pretty well most of the time. Last night, I had a baked potato and cantaloupe for dinner. Yes, all you can do is keep trying.

Hi all. My husband got really sick yesterday afternoon. He's still sick so I'm making him do a video visit with a doctor after he wakes up from a nap. We think it's food poisoning but not sure. I'm going to go over to my brother's hotel by myself if he's not feeling better. I've got a 4th of July-themed outfit on. Here's a pic. I have a Betsy Johnson 4th of July-themed necklace and a blue rhinestone bracelet on. I got the vintage t-shirt on Amazon.

i3fskipqmqzf.jpg
    vyuunzdig2ga.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Sounds like you had a good meal. I love the outfit and necklace. Plus the color of your hair. People seem so happy to get out this year and celebrate.

I lost 0.4 lbs this week. Little by little. Inch by inch.

187/238- Green
    Rest Day
    50% water

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld So sorry that your DH got so sick! I hope he is feeling better. Your 4th of July outfit is so cute!! Will you be watching fireworks at your brother’s hotel. Giraffes are one of my favorite animals. They are just so awesome!! Don’t beat yourself up from the weight gain. It will come off! <3

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, some of the pizza bloat is gone but not enough of it. It’s so annoying that I can go off plan a couple of days and gain so much and that it takes forever to get it back off. A body separator to make us skinny is something we need for sure! :D I’m sorry that your sabotaging thoughts caused you to emotionally eat. But you know how to turn it all around so no worries! :)

Hello and happy Independence Day!! Not much going on here today. We had church this morning and I got my computer work done. Things at the church are returning to normal. We have our first potluck scheduled for July 28 and Sunday school is returning August 22nd. So that is all good stuff! DH and I plan to just hang out at home. Maggie gets so freaked by fireworks that we will give her a pill and keep her next to us while the neighbors make their noise. For dinner, I’m attempting Baby Back ribs in the Instant Pot with corn on the cob and sweet potato fries. I will even splurge and have one beer. :grin:
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I did. Thanks, it was a fun outfit. Yeah, I think even more people went out this year than pre-COVID. I wish we could have gone down by the beach to watch the fireworks but you had to get there at 8 a.m. to get parking or a spot on the beach, it was going to be so crowded. Congrats on the loss, you are back on track, eh?

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, he is feeling a little better this morning but was miserable yesterday. I bet he never eats salami again. :) I didn't watch the fireworks at my brother's hotel, I left them at about 3 p.m. to go home to take care of my husband. Plus, I was sick of company lol. Giraffes are cool. Thanks for your support. That's good things are getting back to normal at church. Poor Maggie. I've made ribs in my pressure cooker and they always come out really good. I hope yours did, too. If you need a recipe, let me know. Your dinner sounds delicious.

Hi all. My husband is feeling a little better today. I left my company at their hotel at 3:00 p.m. saying I had to get back to take care of my hubby which was only partially true. I also was sick of having company seeing as I've been spending nearly every waking second with 2 adults and 3 teenagers. I'm glad they came but glad they are leaving as well. My best friend comes on Friday so I have a bit of a breather.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Intellectually I know how to turn it around but it seems that didn't happen yesterday either. I need to read my Beck Book response and advantages cards. That usually seems to help me. I did exercise yesterday when I planned a rest day and turned down some dessert when I was out with hubby. So the whole day wasn't a waste. How is your mom?

@trooworld I'm sort of back on track. I know better. So do you have a plan for when your best friend comes to visit? Company is hard on eating healthy. I'm a little worried about everyone getting together. That delta variant doesn't sound good. My friend went to Hollywood Bowl to see the fireworks and Kool and the Gang. I bet that was fun.

I think I'm going to have to send out the hounds for @cbabie.

228/100 :s
    29 min walk
    50% water
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Back from the lake was definitely a hot one. 34-38C just about every day which ment lots of beer and crappy eating. Was to hot to even thinking about cooking. Weight wasn’t to bad only up 3 lbs and will have that down in a few days. Now that the long weekend is out of my system I plan on tracking everything and making sure I don’t go into the negative (WW) will use all my fit points. Then when hubby is home every other weekend will take a break. Then come sept it will be serious mode. I just don’t want to get into the 160s this summer. Was 156 and today 159 so should easily get it back down in a few days of proper eating

Hope everyone is doing well. Way to much to catch up on since I left. When down at the lake barely any service. Will have to start making an effort every day of walking down to the park or beach when at the lake to get some service and check in.
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I agree that having company is great but it can also be very draining. At least they all weren’t piled up in your condo. :grin: What kind of things will you be doing with your best friend when she visits? My ribs turned out really well, but I would be happy to see your recipe since you are such a good cook. ;)

@theslightedgeforever I keep my WHY advantage card right where I can see it and read often. It does help. Mom is struggling. I’ll write about it below. :)

@renaegry Glad you had a good time at the lake. You will get back on track! :)

Good morning! Not much going on today except some housework, cutting DH’s hair, and working out. I’ve decided that on days when I’m feeling good and have the time, I will do an extra workout in the afternoons by walking on my treadmill. I figure it couldn’t hurt! :grin: I got the call yesterday from mom that she is ready to come home. This has been really hard on her, and she is in constant pain from lifting the baby and doing things around my sister’s house. Mom is very out of shape and just wants to be back here where can sit in her chair all day and do nothing. My niece’s son’s father has moved in, and he is able to help around the house more than mom, so I will drive to Florida next Monday and bring her home. I’m trying to work on my attitude so that I can be loving and accepting when she returns. It is what it is! :/
  • theslightedgeforever
    @renaegry Your plan sounds like a good one. Now to just follow it. These days that seems like the hard part for me. Sounds like you had a fun time at the lake. It seems to be hot everywhere. I wonder if America is the only place to not use Celsius. I always have to go look and see what that converts too.

@teresaw1020 My WHY never really did it for me. I've tried the vanity route, the health route, the live long enough to see grandkids route, still seem to be straying this week. It's hard having aging parents live with you. I have my mil. 5 years now. So I understand the stress that can cause. I had to set my own boundaries. I like my alone time too much. You are a good daughter.

I got my second dose of Pfizer today so not going to exercise. I could probably walk slowly but I'm just going to sit and read.

I just realized I didn't track yesterday. Wasn't really that good anyway. Glad I checked in here so I didn't ruin my streak.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Morning all, I have not done well at all in the eating/exercising dept. It has been lots of turmoil, drama, emotional distress, oh I could go on. I won't, for some reason yesterday I have found letters, journal entries, notes, etc and read my thoughts. LOL I am almost in the same boat, but I can see my change in my attitude. I still get in the I DONT CARE mode and eat to try not to care. LOL. So needless to say, I was up 1.6 lbs this week NO SURPRISE. I am taking one day at at time and trying to keep to my plan. (yes dear sister I try to plan). LOL

On a different note, I took the plunge and bought a new car. I hate car payments, haven't had one is so long, but my car is a 2003, my DH truck is a 2004. I told my DH based on who I need to cart around and how much I am willing to go into debt for....we got a Kia Sportage. Wow to have air that works. It's a nice car. Baby girl cried and said I no like this car..wouldn't get in it. I had to take a stand..LOL. now she LIKES the car. She is just a creature of habit and OCD. My 2003 was a nice car, just OLD and had lots of miles..260K or so.

@theslightedgeforever Sorry you got tortured, but you never like PE and neither did I, now look at us trying to exercise.. LOL There is a house down a couple of streets that always has the garage door opened...in it is a total complete gym... I NEVER SEE ANYONE USE IT. I told my daughter last night while we were walking that I thought they just did it for show. LOL. I am thinking maybe they would rent it out to me. LOL. You are good at tracking so one day is not bad.

@TeresaW1020 I am happy VBS went great...I am still not wanting to be around people. Working on it. I think you know exactly what your body needs and you will lose the couple of lbs quickly. I understand about parents, mine never lived with me, but I have had LOTS of family live with me during my life time.

@trooworld LOVED THE OUTFIT.. Sorry your DH was so sick. I remember when my DH had diverticulitis. Oh it was awful and I couldn't do anything for him. I know you will get back on track, company is one of those things..you love them for awhile, but then normal needs to come back. LOL

@renaegry you have a line in the sand you have drawn. I know you will get back down and won't cross over that line. You have a great support system and a plan. I had to laugh...beer and crappy food...sounds like the beer was the better of the two.. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever As far as what we are going to do? Sort of: I'm not sure what we are going to do Friday night when she gets here but Saturday, we are going shopping and then to the opening of an art show that my pieces are in and then to dinner in Little Italy. Sunday, I'm not sure, probably more shopping and more eating lol. As far as what I'm eating, pasta on Saturday night, the other nights, I will try to behave lol. Yeah, I'm really worried about the Delta variant, too: after a very brief period of not wearing my mask in public, I am back to wearing it when I go places. Wow, that must have been incredible to see Kool and the Gang and fireworks at the iconic Hollywood Bowl! I got Pfizer too. Sitting and reading sounds like a good plan.

@renaegry Sounds like you had a blast at the lake.

@TeresaW1020 Yes! Oh man, if they were all in here, it would have been so much worse lol. I asked my BFF what she wants to do: "eat and shop" LOL. We are also going to the opening of an art show in which my pieces are in, that's Saturday night. Saturday day, we will go shopping and then after the art show, we will go to Little Italy for dinner. Those are the only real firm plans we have. She wants to go to some of the resale shops around here, so we may do that on Sunday. You are really working hard, doing a second workout! It must be hard, having your mom live with you. I hope you have a safe trip.

@cbabie That's good you can see a change in your attitude. I'm sorry about the gain. Congrats on the new car! Yes, a/c that works is wonderful! Poor baby girl, not wanting to try something new, I'm glad she changed her mind lol. Thanks re: the outfit. Yeah, DH was so sick, I've never seen him like that. It feels helpless, doesn't it, not being able to do anything for them? I will get back on track. You are right about company.

Hello all. My company left Monday morning and yesterday, all I did was donate blood. I went a little koo koo and ordered a bunch of craft supplies. I did really go overboard but I'll put it to good use. I might take some of it back. Today, I am going to do some crafts for my BFF and myself: earrings, t-shirts, and bracelets.

• TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah, I know that you understand my struggle having mom live with me, but also having to face the reality that it’s my life now and I have to make it work. I think I’ve mentioned that my DH and mom are both the same age and having two people who are 78 and clearly showing signs of aging kind of freaks me out. I always threatened DH that he better out live the dog and now I add my mom to that list as well. :grin:

@cbabie Sorry that life is once again full of stress for you! <3 The Kia Sportage is a nice car! It was on my shortlist when I did my car shopping. I hope it will give you years of enjoyment. Yeah, I think whenever we have others living with us it’s a huge challenge. But we don’t always get to be selfish, do we? So, I will make the best of it and rely on my faith to see me through. :)

@trooworld Your plans sound wonderful for your visit with your BFF. Eating and shopping are two of my very favorite things to do! :grin: Have fun with your crafts!

Good morning! I slept in until 8 am this morning, which I needed because I didn’t fall asleep until after 3 am. I hate nights like that! I don’t have much planned today other than doing the floors and some laundry. Yesterday, I deep cleaned my mom’s bathroom and bedroom. This shelf is something I gave her when she moved in, and she has proceeded to fill it with as many knick-knacks as humanly possible. I’m already a minimalist but after cleaning her room, I just want to go through my house and get rid of stuff. :D

ui9oqz00sgfe.jpg

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Morning all, I never got my bike ride or walk in yesterday. My eating was better but not great. I just don't want to do anything but read right now. LOL

@TeresaW1020 I go through phases of wanting to declutter. Your moms shelf is very tastefully placed. I seem memories and things that bring her joy. One day by daughter bought something that was really cute and kind of went overboard with things that were cute...she is redecorating and trying to forget old things and bring new into her life....I made the mistake of saying it was a dust collector...(that's what I saw) but she saw new life...She did end up keeping it..but I had a lot of explaining to do Lucy...LOL I always tell my DH if you get cancer you will have to take care of yourself, I am not...he won't quit smoking.. :). Thank you in regards to the car....it really is nice and "quiet"

@trooworld LOL sounds like you are going to be busy enjoying your friend and the "city". Life is short so yes enjoy, make the most of her time here. I am sure you will enjoy those "craft" things. LOL. We want to see pictures. It inspires those of us to use our creative minds we were given... OR we can live through you. LOL

Cbabie
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    @cbabie …and it was low carb beer as well lol

@theslightedgeforever i also got my second shot of Pfizer on Monday. I found it was better then my first shot. Arm wasn’t even sore yesterday

@TeresaW1020 already just about at my weight I was before the lake to turn around and go back. lol

Last day at home today then back to the lake till Monday. Plan on having more control while there this weekend with booze and eating and making sure I get some walks or jogs in. Today’s workout will consist of an hours worth of grass cutting which will get my 10,000 steps in. Possible will do a quick 10 min strength workout or will do some bench presses and biceps.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Happy Wednesday!! Last day of some time off. Decided to clean up basement and mow the front yard and rake up the grass. It’s like 80 degrees out but I got it done. Hydrating now. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Me too! Thanks! Oh gosh, I hate when I can't sleep. What kept you up so late? That's a nice shelf. That's a lot to dust lol.

@cbabie Reading is a good escape, isn't it? That's good your eating was better. Do you think you could read on the treadmill? Or maybe you could reward yourself with 2 hours of reading if you did x amount of exercise. I am going to be busy! And I enjoyed crafting yesterday, will do more today. I will share pics of what I did later. You should totally do some crafts, it is so fun!

@renaegry It sounds like you have a good plan for the lake. Grass cutting is good exercise!

@gemwolf110 Sounds like you were productive on your days off. Enjoy the rest of the time!

Hi all. I had a lot of fun crafting yesterday, I made 2 t-shirts, 4 bracelets, 3 pairs of earrings. I will post pictures in a while, I have to take some pics. The jewelry is made out of faux leather. The other day, I made a new wreath for summer for my front door. It's made out of those mini drink umbrellas. I cut the "Hot in the City" out of chipboard with my Cricut and then painted it. Here's a picture of it. I like how it turned out. I made a good recipe for dinner, it was Smashed Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich with Cranberries + Lemon. Very easy to make: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2015/10/smashed-chickpea-avocado-salad-sandwich-with-cranberries-lemon/

4nusuizj7rl7.jpg
  • trooworld
    Here are some of the other things I made yesterday:
    etfpxd5qxn42.jpg
    naxctojbtz0n.jpg
    qj02surbc6lb.jpg
    qe1330ptpvbm.jpg
    azisk4tbf9e5.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie I have a full gym and only use it occasionally. I'm trying to at least use it when I do my aerobics. When I go on vacation, I'm going to try and use my dd's gym. Dh has already said, hey let's make a plan to walk outside in the morning. I need to do some weights too. So hopefully that will be a habit when I get back. Congrats on the new car. All I seem to be doing is reading right now. So how about we read a chapter and then go exercise for 5 min. Even walking around the house is still moving.

@trooworld Are you still following the WW green plan? I've had a hard time this week doing 4 reds. Part of it was I did that last week. I had a silly little plan that if I didn't lose as much weight as I had planned for that week I would change a yellow day to a red day. Totally sabotaged myself on that one, I think. So back to my normally scheduled plan this week. I love your jewelry and crafts. Especially those blue earrings.

@teresaw1020 So you have double reason to keep yourself in great shape now to be caregiver. I'm ready for a mental break when I go on vacation. Mil is going to sil house. Share the wealth as they say. (don't know who says that but I like that phrase. lol) I laughed about the shelves. My mom was like that with wall space. Every square inch must be filled.

@renaegry I'm having pain in my right hand. Don't know if vaccine related or just old. lol I feel better today but still a slight headache. I'm just glad it's done.

@gemwolf110 Raking burns calories. I always hated raking leaves as a child. My trick was do a bad job and then possibly the older sister got stuck doing it. ;) I don't remember doing it very often.

Can you all send me good juju vibes so I get my mojo back? I haven't even journaled this week. That's also part of the problem. My son and hubby have kept me busy.

172/100 Red Day
    no exercise
    25% water