Is there anything you will not give up?

Options

Replies

• BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The only food I have given up is if I know somethign has a decent amount of trans fats. But that is mostly because I do not want to support their business.
  • Siegel15
    Siegel15 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    COFFEE!!!

^^^^^^^^
    THIS.
    IN SPADES.
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I've given up anything. But I do eat in moderation and allow it to fit into my calories. But I've always said I will NEVER GIVE UP PIZZA!

:drinker: rock on!

Gave up nothing, but worked at not over indulging and getting the right balance of the good stuff.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    you are looking at this WRONG..... This is not a diet, this is a life style change. So eat what you want when you want--the key is moderation. That way you will not have those "I got to have it" days. After all that is what skinny people do.

For those with addiction tendencies, this will not work. I find when I abstain, I crave less and therefore I don't want it. I can't just have one dunkin donut. Impossible. I can eat it, savor it, take 30 minutes to eat ONE donut and the minute I am done my first thougth is "Where is another one". Heck, I wouldn't even be done with it and start looking for another.

I haven't had a donut in over 3 months and seeing them around the office or at the bakery section doesn't bother me because I haven't had a 'taste'.

One donut is too much and 100 wouldn't be enough!

Sometimes those who have these addictions have to do what they can do to make it through the day without failing. Moderation is not in an addicts vocabulary, if it was, a heck of a lot of people wouldn't be here.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
  • JoJo61612
    JoJo61612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything. If there is something I want to eat, I'm going to eat it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The things I WILL give up would make a much shorter list:

Cottage Cheese
    IPAs
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I will not ever give up anything unless it is related to allergies or some other kind of medical condition. There is no reason why a rational adult cannot figure out how to fit the things they like into their diet.
  • Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Chips and Salsa. I can ration the chips but cant go without.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    BEER!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I didn't really give up on anything but I eat it in moderation :happy:
    (tho maybe you can say I gave up alcohol but I didnt really drink much alcohol anyway)

I'd second this statement. I have significantly changed my eating habits over the past year. For example, my lunch used to be my largest meal of the day - 1 to 2 sandwiches (calculated out to about 400+ calories apiece!), chips, pudding, maybe some candy, and maybe a little piece of fruit. I'm betting my lunches were at least 800-900 calories each and every day - yikes! And then I'd still snack between meals (my appetizer many nights was a McDouble on the way home to dinner!)
  • lshender
    lshender Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am gluten, nut, seed, and fat free because of health issues. So, no, I refuse to give up any of what's left.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    sunflower seeds and chinese food from the mall.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Black men, Red wine, White chocolate.
  • knitjogread
    Options
    I'm not giving up anything that I can think of. I try to really limit soda to one every few days, but that's more because of the health risks it poses rather than the calories/weight loss issues. I ate pizza last night and had a Diet Coke with lunch. Still losing weight at a steady pace. Exercise helps you to look at food as fuel and ask yourself if the calories are really worth it. Most of the time, I say no, but sometimes those calories are absolutely worth it to me and I happily chow down.
  • kelseymaccombs
    kelseymaccombs Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've gotten really interested in craft beer, and in the great state of Michigan, we have hundreds of microbreweries. Before I got serious about losing weight, my boyfriend and I would drink almost every night, in our pursuit to try more and more of these microbrews! It wasn't like we were drinking a lot each night, but two a night of a GOOD beer is 500+ calories a night! And on the weekends, I would have 6 in a day! That's a whole days worth of calories... just in beers!

I haven't cut it out completely, as brewing and craft beers are an interest of mine and not just drinking to drink. About once a month I'll have one or two, but I always feel so guilty that I limit myself greatly. Wine just isn't the same on a hot summer's day.

I'll be enjoying one tonight, though :)
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I have gotten the results I have gotten by hitting my macros, if I really want something I plan ahead in put it into my meal plan ahead of time and eating other foods the rest of the day to hit my numbers... But the key is I am willing to go without my wants in order to get where I want to get.... I will do whatever it takes because there's no sense in half assing something and expecting complete results, if that's what your regimen is like then good luck.... You will never get yourself to be that image you have for yourself in your head while cutting corners... but you can't have your cake and eat it too..
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything. Why would I? I might eat in moderation now, and I might eat more fruits and veggies than before, but there's no reason for me to turn my back on any of the yummy things that I love. That's just silly talk.

tumblr_lxppe9q9oS1r2bb18o1_1280.jpg
  • JanetShannon
    JanetShannon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    of course, i love my glass of wine on a friday or saturday (or both) evening at dinner! budgeted for those calories as well.:wink:
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm having a hard time giving up my hips. :grumble:
    LMAO! Me too! :laugh: