17th Ellesmere Port RC 5km
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    5.84 miles this morning... 11.84 so far
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @Orphia! I'm so impressed with doing a HM just because you can! Great times too! Very inspiring.

@Amandajs232, @ereck44, @shanaber - I also have been diagnosed with osteopenia, which was found after one of my parathyroid glands went crazy and my calcium levels were severely out of whack. Got that removed and all of the associated health problems are one of the reasons I finally woke up to needing to take care of myself and my health. I'm hoping when I have a repeat DEXA scan it shows improvement.

Happy Sunday everyone. It's a gorgeous day here. I'll be back to report some easy running at some point. :)
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    2 Aug – 10.1 km
    4 Aug – Body Balance then 13 km
    6 August – 8.1 km
    7 August – 21.3 km

Goal: 160 km / 100 miles
    Total: 52.5 km / 32.6 miles

972F77B6-3E1E-4148-8D8E-4BD134BAC359_zpseac81yjy.jpg

Did a half marathon today just because I could. :smile:

Didn't drink or eat anything during the run. Just had my breakfast earlier, then a Winners gel before starting and an orange Gatorade at the end (never tried one before... it deliciously hit the spot!).

Beat my first HM by over 2 minutes, and this one was all hills whereas the first was all flat, so I'm very happy!

Feeling good.

Amazing!!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Lots of status updates to read. Great running guys! Rest day here and then tomorrow starts a cutback week. I'll probably run 25-30 miles.

@kristinegift about the mental toughness thing, I'm right there with you! Most of my runs are pretty flat with some BIG hills that give all the elevation. My September HM is the opposite all rolling without big nasty hills. Thing is my brain tells me it's way worse! So now I'm having to teach/remind myself that I've done the same or more elevation before. You'll do awesome come marathon time!
  • Net1968
    Net1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    August progress:
    1st. 4
    3rd. 4
    3rd. 5
    5th. 4
    6th. 5 (Parkrun)
    7th. 11 (treadmill)

Total 33/120 km

Up going races:
    17th Ellesmere Port RC 5km

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have just discovered this thread! Yay! :)

I used to run a good bit then I stopped as I decided to travel! I am now starting Hals Half Marathon Intermidiate 1 program. Very excited, I start his properly tomorrow. I went for a test run today and was pretty pleased! :) short but sweet.

Based on his program I hope to log 50 miles for August starting from tomorrow.

I have added a few of you already, I hope you don't mind but I am looking for lots of motivation so please add me! :)

Welcome! This is a great group! Another halfer! Whooo!
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    4.5 kms yesterday, 6.05 kms today. Ticker will be updated tomorrow morning.

Today's run was hot (due to a late start) but good. I'm happy I didn't convince myself out of doing it. :wink:

Happy Sunday everyone!!
  • sunkisd1105
    sunkisd1105 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Took it easy today and the hubby and I took our 4-legged kids for a brisk walk. Hoping to do it again this evening. They were some pooped pups.

exercise.png