• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    August

2Aug - 7m
    4Aug - 8m
    6Aug - 5m

20/100miles

Had a few drinks last night so my run was a couple of hours later this morning. Delighted to have made it out even if it was hot - the previous version of me would never have exercised after drinking.

This is definitely my crowd, self professed geeks, no coordination at other sports and live a good funny! Totally inspired by @MobyCarp and all you others starting later in life, doing mega distances, fighting back after illness/injury. Make it all seem possible for newer comers like me.

At @ereck44 you are giving me a sense of foreboding- I have osteopenia, was grossly overweight (so good to say that in past tense!) and now I am running! Better book me in for my new joints now :wink:

exercise.png

@Amandajs232 Osteopenia, really? I am glad that you got your weight under control. The people who I was writing about waited too late. The human body is amazingly resilient and can reverse a lot of damage that we put on it except if it as the "point of no return", i.e. liver damage, emphysema, etc. You are so young that by the time it may become a problem, there will already be a cure for it....medical science is growing by leaps and bounds.
  • Dakotaderego
    Dakotaderego Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shooting to break 60 Miles. Clocked 12 already. Here we go.

Rise.
    Grind.
    Repeat.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    Aug  2     5.0      5.0 
    Aug  3     5.8     10.8 
    Aug  4     4.3     15.1 
    Aug  6     5.6     20.7 

exercise.png

• Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    August

2Aug - 7m
    4Aug - 8m
    6Aug - 5m

20/100miles

Had a few drinks last night so my run was a couple of hours later this morning. Delighted to have made it out even if it was hot - the previous version of me would never have exercised after drinking.

This is definitely my crowd, self professed geeks, no coordination at other sports and live a good funny! Totally inspired by @MobyCarp and all you others starting later in life, doing mega distances, fighting back after illness/injury. Make it all seem possible for newer comers like me.

At @ereck44 you are giving me a sense of foreboding- I have osteopenia, was grossly overweight (so good to say that in past tense!) and now I am running! Better book me in for my new joints now :wink:

exercise.png

@Amandajs232 Osteopenia, really? I am glad that you got your weight under control. The people who I was writing about waited too late. The human body is amazingly resilient and can reverse a lot of damage that we put on it except if it as the "point of no return", i.e. liver damage, emphysema, etc. You are so young that by the time it may become a problem, there will already be a cure for it....medical science is growing by leaps and bounds.

@ereck44 at 38 "you are so young" made my day! Yeah I broke a variety of bones in a short space of time so got a sent for a dexa scan. Other than "try not to fall and get as much naturally occurring calcium" as possible it doesn't affect me at all. Been told it will likely become osteoporosis in 10-20 years so I will worry about it then.
  • lilawenta
    lilawenta Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I'm another Garmin Connect fan. Sent you a connection request. :)
    This was a bit hot for me for a speed training run, but I did it anyway. Especially since we found out we can leave work at 3:30 today, and I am totally taking advantage by going home and completely vegging out, lol, so wanted to get this run out of the way. Running in the heat just means I'll be faster in the fall. That's what I keep telling myself whenever I feel like stopping!

.5mi warmup/2mi fartleks/.5mi cooldown

9mi/75 for the month. Coming up: Zumba + lifting tomorrow, long run on Sunday.

ihf7dlyk4ekc.jpg

• TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @ereck44 Thanks! This pic will stay out for a while. Someone had asked to see my dolphin tattoo before this one. :smile:
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Walked the Colour Vibe course this morning, 4.5 kms! Pic to come later when I get onto my desktop. :smile:

I also was a bowler back in the day. I do not remember my average and I played 5-pin.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift As a Northern Canadian I can relate to the Winter Olympic Events more than the summer - except for the swimming, running and biking ( Open road or Mountain Bike not the Banked Track events )

10km today, 2.5 up hill out of the River Valley, 2.5 on top Turn and head back. Coming down the hill I could hear the Train Whistle - managed to get across the track about 2-3 minutes ahead of the train. Otherwise it would be 30-50 minutes standing and watching the cars crawl by going up the hill.

08/01 – 0.0 km – 0.0 - 140 km
    08/03 – 9.0 km – 9.0 - 131 km
    08/06 –10.0 km – 19.0 - 121 km YTD – 744.2 km

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 I stole it off the organizer's strava post. He took it at the very begging of the run when everyone was still bunched up together.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Long run planned today....going to slow it waaay down at 70% max heart rate, hopefully 10 miles today...still very hot at Naptown....84 degrees, 91HI, and 52% humidity. Will check in later.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @mom3over40 - Yes, I believe Strava rounds individual runs down to the nearest tenth, so that a run Garmin records as 5.16 miles shows up on Strava as 5.1. (Just looked through my history to find one that should have rounded up.) Now that you made me look, it looks like Strava keeps the fractions internally. The sum of my Strava dailies this week is 39.7, but it shows a weekly total of 39.8. Adding the 2 decimal numbers from Garmin gives me 39.83. And yes, I populate Strava with an automatic feed from Garmin.